Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 30, 2012, 06:29:15 PM
Regigigas

Default That ONE character...

Here's a little survey for just about every kind of gamer. I want you guys to list that ONE character (I know everyone's got one) that...

a.) You like, but most people collectively can't stand.

b.) Is super popular, but you hate.

c.) Scares the crap out of you but just doesn't bother anyone you know.

d.) Is infamous for being creepy but doesn't phase you for some reason.

e.) You see yourself in.

Have fun with this one!

Here's mine...

a.) I'd say it's Kaepora Gaebora (the Owl in a few LoZ games. Navi's a close second). Yeah, he's infamous for the "Would you like to hear that again?" trick that has screwed over many a gamer, but I think his design is cool, and I for one thing it's cool how he follows you and gives guidance (Yes, the things he says are obvious to YOU, but are they to Link?)

b.) Wario. Sort of. I don't know HOW popular he is, exactly, but people seemed to like him enough for him to be put in Brawl. Honestly, this guy just bugs me. I don't find ANY of the "comical" things he does to be funny at all. He's honestly just really annoying. (Again, I don't know if people actually like this guy, but he's the best one I could think of)

c.) The Boo Ball. (Luigi's Mansion; YES IT'S A CHARACTER BECAUSE I SAID SO) Sometimes, you'll get a false reading of a Boo in a room, and either a bomb will pop out and explode seconds later, or a little white bouncy ball with a Boo's face markered on will pop out, which you can suck in with your vacuum and shoot out. I'm pretty certain most people don't mind the boo ball, but I honestly prefer the bomb. There's just something sublimially ominous about that ball for me, and I SERIOUSLY can't figure out what it is...

d.) Floormasters. I don't get it, I just get chills when looking at that Boo ball, but a giant hand hanging above you in the Forest temple that drops down and threatens to grab you doesn't even bother me. I KNOW there are a lot of people that freak out about this thing, but it doesn't phase me at all. I have to say that these are kind of my feelings about the Forest Temple in general. It's a really eerie dungeon, but I like it a lot for some reason.

e.) Reyson (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) A Laguz prince whose race was almost massacred by the humans (beorc). He has a rather quick temper and greatly despises the humans for their actions, although he is attempting to cool it down and be more like Tibarn, a very level-headed friend of his.
I...have been trying to keep a steady head for years.
There isn't much other similarity here, but honestly, it's the best I could find .,_.,'

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; April 30, 2012 at 06:30:48 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 05:04:43 AM
Giratina

Hmmm...

a) Tidus. He's a superstar blitz ball player who can hold his breath for hours on end and can fight to the death for what he stands for. Most people can't stand him because they say he's whiny. They don't seem to realize that he was sent 1000 years into the future (correct me if I'm wrong) and everything he knew or valued has changed so that everything he knew/valued is now forbidden or gone. You really feel sorry for him, but most gamers nowadays don't know how to feel sorry for anyone.

b) None. I don't really hate most characters, let alone know which ones are considered "popular".

c) Tempura Wizard from Kid Icarus: Uprising. They turn you into tempura and then eat you for an instant kill. Plus, seeing characters getting eaten terrifies me for some reason, so this thing eating Pit just fills me with nightmares.

d) 02 from Kirby and the Crystal Shards. Yeah, he is a monster that cries tears of blood and has all these creepy body parts, but he doesn't seem to affect me. Not much more to say other than Giygas is a close second to 02 in what others consider creepy, but I don't.

e) Roxas. He was betrayed by the people he trusted and he doesn't know who is true friends are and if he even has a heart to feel emotions. He thought his life in Twilight Town was real, but strange things happened to him and he discovered his life wasn't real.
I'm not sure if I can feel emotions for others and I'm not sure if my friends are friends I can trust. I don't feel like I can trust anyone with what I have to say or what I think, just like Roxas when he was in virtual Twilight Town.

Another character I could see myself in is Squall (Final Fantasy VIII) just because he is a loner and tries to avoid conversations. That's how I feel sometimes.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:01:10 AM
Kyurem

a) Razor (Need for Speed Most Wanted). Most people see him as a smug *******, and in truth he is, but I like that.

b) Luigi. His character isn't nearly developed enough for me to like him, and everyone else likes him because he's "underrated." Well, obscure is the new mainstream. Good riddance. Companion Cube from Portal comes a close second, because I didn't get even slightly attached to it.

c) Manhacks (Half-life 2). You have this tiny thing flying at you really ****ing fast and all you have to defend yourself with is a crowbar and a 9mm pistol. Being a first-person shooter doesn't help, either.

d) Giygas. From what I've played of Earthbound (really not much), I don't see how it's so scary. It's just a 16-bit sprite on a 256x224 screen.

e) Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/[forgot the name]/Plasma grunt. I do things confident that I'll succeed, and then I just fail epicly.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:32:54 AM

Here are mine:
a) Amarant [Final Fantasy 9]- Most people think this guy sulks too much or is too underdeveloped, but I think Amarant gos through some pretty big changes throughout the game; going from being an emotionless assassin to a decent person who has feelings and a sense for justice.
b) Cain [Final Fantasy 4 / Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy]- A lot of people respect this guy, but I see him as a betrayer. In Final Fantasy 4, Cain betrays the main character for the first half of the game. Even though Cain realizes his mistakes and joins the team, he still does not learn from them. In Dissidia Final Fantasy, Cain betrays the side of light and allies with darkness. One thing about Cain that I really dislike his his fickleness, not to mention I see betrayal as one of the worst things you can do to a person. Just think, you're best friends with this one person for many years, and then he suddenly decides to betray you. In my opinion, losing someone as a close friend permanently is almost as if that person has died from your life.
c) King Boo [Super Mario 64 (DS)]- Well, its not really King boo's appearance that scares me, its his laugh. When I first entered the level to fight King Boo in Super Mario 64, I did not expect to hear him laugh as I was heading through the mansion trying to find him. The laugh just scared me to no end, I thought it was very creepy. And this laugh would happen around every 7 seconds or so. The funny thing is that I think regular boos are cool when they laugh, but I get scared easily from King boo's laugh.
d) Redeads [LOZ Ocarina of Time]- I know this sounds weird for me to say, but Redeads don't creep me out even though they were intended to. Their screams and appearance don't frighten me. Its probably because I fought so many of them in adventure mode on Super Smash Bros Melee.
e) Lucas [Mother 3]- Lucas is definitely the character I represent the most. Not only do we have the same hair color, but he is also quiet around the people he doesn't know. Not only am I quiet IRL, but I can be timid if I'm put in an awkward situation. Lucas is able to set up barriers and shields, which shows how I am more defensive than offensive. In game, Lucas is the slowest character in your party, which also represents how slow I am in sports
Old May 1, 2012, 06:26:23 PM
Haxorus

a.) Geo Stelar and Omegaxis (From Megaman Starforce). I just enjoy them as main characters.

b.) Team Rocket. They're nothing special to me.

c.) Dahaka from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Whenever he appeared I just get scared and abuse the opportunity to run.

d.) Can't recall any.

e.) Roxas. He thought he had such a good life with normal friends and normal days. But Roxas ended up not being able to exist for himself and all who he fought to protect just got lost from him.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:31:20 PM

a) Navi (LoZ: OoT(3D)): Now while some gamers are annoyed to death by the shiny blue ball, I don't have a problem with her. All she was doing was the job the Great Deku Tree gave to her: to watch after Link and to help him.

b) Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Now while I know that nowadays this is more of a hit or miss kind of thing, but I just don't really care for Cloud. Not only that but Spoiler Alert:
Spoiler Alert:    
The life he's living is a lie. You find this out late game in FFVII, and it gets more developed in Crisis Core

I see no reason for the fan girls he gets.

c) Stalchildren(LoZ:OoT/MM): GET THEM AWAY FROM ME GAAAAAAH!
As a child, they were the reason I refused to go much further than the Great Deku Tree. 'Nuff said.

d) Tingle (LoZ): Many people think that Tingle is quite creepy, but I find him hilarious, to be quite honest. TINGLE TINGLE KOOLOO LIMPAH!

e) (insert classic goodie-two-shoes protagonist here): Hear me out on this one. Video games have been a large part of my life for many years now. I think it's because of the ones I've played that I've developed the way I act toward society. I've got a sense of justice like you wouldn't believe, and I find it hard to do something that would be frowned upon in society. I believe it is because of the games I played back then that shaped me into the person I am today. Unfortunately, today's games are full of gray areas...
Old May 7, 2012, 02:54:04 PM
Giratina

a.) Chip- Sonic Unleashed
Just like every other new Sonic character addition since Sonic Adventure, Chip was hated by nearly everyone. But I loved the little guy. He was funny, gave me a sense of purpose to speeding around the countries since I wanted to help him, and he was a great comic relief(And later plot point) in the game. His catchphrase remains in my head to this day... "Want some chocolate?"

b.) Wario- Mario Series
This guy is such an annoying attention hog. He comes in for ONE game as a dumb, overweight villain and INSTANTLY gets so loved that he gets his own spinoff series, new clothes, new characters, new ANYTHING. And what does Luigi get? The bro in the shadows who's been sticking it out since the first Mario Bros.? 1 game where he's surrounded by his greatest fear: ghosts. While Wario gets money from the Microgames and finds buried treasure. >:I

c.) Cipher People- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
These guys TERRIFY me. It all started in that creepy Phenac City that they COMPLETELY took over and disguised themselves as citizens. And how they'd always fall from the ceiling, EVEN OUTSIDE. I'd always scream at them. Still do to this day...

d.) Giygas- Earthbound
Giygas just isn't a disturbing boss to me. Its predecessor, Giegue, is way more scary to me. Sure, the music for it at some points was pretty weird, but come on. Not that big of a deal to me.

e.) Any main protagonist from the Mother/Earthbound series, but I like Ness the most. So Ness- Earthbound
Like any Nintendo protagonist, he's not much of a talker, like me, but he can make friends very easily. He's strong and always does the right thing, even if it's to extreme measures(Like nearly getting struck by lightning or taking the reward money from a criminal). He's always there for his friends, and the only rational difference between me and Ness is that he can actually get a girl, unlike me
Old May 9, 2012, 01:48:15 PM
Haxorus

a.) Waluigi. He's so much cooler than Wario, and he deserves his own game, like how Luigi had his own. He has so much potential.

b.) Sephiroth. People only like him because of his sword, it seems to me.

c.) Dimentio. A mime is scary enough, but a mime set to kill everyone? NO THANKS.

d.) Ao Oni. Just a blue demon, I think it looks funny.

e.) Demyx. I sense a lot of me in Demyx, because we're both so attatched to music and I always pick water types in my pokemon games. DANCE WATER, DANCE.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:35:47 AM
Zoroark

lets see uhh...c**** most of the charectors i like most of you people aint heard of the game¬.¬

1:nikolai speaks **** drunk