Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 8, 2014, 05:31:05 PM
Keldeo

Default Share Your Secret Base!

Admin edit: Thread merged. This thread was originally titled, "Secret Bases Confirmed." You may now use the thread to share your own base!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Here's where you can share your Secret Base in Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Just attach your QR code to this thread. (You can easily make one at the PC within your secret base.) Feel free to post a new one whenever you change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebii
It has been confirmed that Secret Bases have returned to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Players will be able to share their Secret Base with other Trainers around the world using StreetPass functionality, or they can create a QR Code for their unique Secret Base, enabling friends to visit it with ease.

When visiting other Secret Bases, players can meet other Trainers in the same base and invite them back to their own Secret Base as Secret Pals. Players can interact and battle with Secret Pals, who have special skills that can support players in their adventures, such as sharing new Decorations, making a Pokémon Egg hatch faster, or raising the level of a select Pokémon by one.

The more Secret Pals players have in their Secret Base, the more special skills will be available to help them in their adventures. Players can also capture flags while visiting other players’ Secret Bases.

Flags are located beside the Secret PC in each Secret Base. The more flags a player collects, the higher the rank earned, which brings rewards like improving the skills of a player’s Secret Pals. A new character called Gilley has been revealed for this, and he is the Secret Base Master
Something about Secret Bases and Capture the Flag? Sounds intriguing. Speculation, a go-go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	secretbases.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	6224  

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 26, 2014 at 11:11:18 PM.
Old July 8, 2014, 05:50:32 PM
Administrator

Definitely intriguing, to say the least. It sounds like a hybrid of the bases from each RSE and DPPt, as well as the PSS from XY. It seems a little saddening that you probably won't be able to hunt for them in your own game after mixing records or whatnot, though.

I wonder what the panel with Abra will do. Teleport you to the last Pokémon Center, perhaps?

I also see a jukebox. Will that play game music on demand? Various songs designed just for it? Or something stupid like the toy TVs in RSE that just states "It's a jukebox." (Those TVs irritated me, because I remember having no money when I noticed you could buy them. I figured they'd function like the TVs in homes across Hoenn, and when I finally saved up and bought one it didn't actually work.
Old July 8, 2014, 05:53:54 PM
Keldeo

I wonder if it could dig into your SD card and play music, like a more awesome version of 3DS Sound. That'd be fun.

Also, I forgot to comment on the Dragonite doll in OP. I need one now. Finding a Dragonite doll will be my primary objective in AS.
Old July 8, 2014, 05:57:40 PM
Rayquaza

I'm glad my prediction of secret bases through street pass was true.
Old July 8, 2014, 07:33:01 PM

It's a shame that they didn't elaborate about whether or not you gain experience from battling people at their bases. It's nice that you get special powers from them, but I always thought secret bases were perfect places for level grinding.
Old July 9, 2014, 09:08:40 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
It's a shame that they didn't elaborate about whether or not you gain experience from battling people at their bases. It's nice that you get special powers from them, but I always thought secret bases were perfect places for level grinding.
Now if u could get exp from these battles, imagine teams of 6 Audino's/Blissey's/Chansey's
Old July 9, 2014, 09:34:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Now if u could get exp from these battles, imagine teams of 6 Audino's/Blissey's/Chansey's
All with moves that are useless on their own, like Refresh, Simple Beam and Sleep Talk.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; July 9, 2014 at 09:34:54 AM.
Old July 10, 2014, 08:13:49 AM
Charizard

Great memories of secret bases in DPPt
Old July 15, 2014, 05:31:05 PM
Kyurem

Or just with growl (Remove 3 moves with move deleter)
Old July 31, 2014, 02:37:37 PM
Regigigas

I'm happy I can have secret pals know, if you know what I mean. In secret, y'know?
Old October 4, 2014, 12:09:11 PM
Rayquaza

Right now I'm making a team of six level 100 Blisseys for my secret base.
Old October 4, 2014, 07:14:52 PM
Volcarona

looks much better in 3D. Secret Bases in 3rd Gen left something to be desired, but this looks like an interesting place that I'd actually be willing to live in.
The abra panels are interesting too. Teleport between each other I assume. That makes sense, as most secret bases have a giant hole in them that make 80% of the base unaccessible. (always pissed me off in 3rd gen) Now you can just teleport around it!

Last edited by Flare Soru; October 4, 2014 at 07:17:35 PM.
Old November 23, 2014, 07:53:29 PM
Administrator

I've got kind of a big question about Secret Bases, and I'm hoping someone has an answer. What happens when you StreetPass someone who has a Secret Base in the same location as someone else you have previously StreetPassed? And what if their base is in the same location as yours?

In Gen III, your own base would of course never be overwritten, but you could never accept someone else's base in that location. The newest bases would always overwrite the ones in the same spots on your own copy of the game, unless you registered the old ones (enter base, select Register on the PC), and you could do that with up to ten bases. (I specifically did that with a few friends' bases back in Sapphire.)

Now, the reason I ask is because, unlike with Gen III, you practically have no choice when to StreetPass (other than turning the feature off), and I go to a university where I pass at least 15 people every day. I wouldn't want my friends' bases always getting overwritten (or my own getting overwritten on friends' games) because someone else who happens to go to the cafeteria often has the same location as me.

I'd really appreciate an answer before I place my base, and after I can scout the most common locations around campus.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 23, 2014 at 07:55:24 PM.
Old November 24, 2014, 09:13:39 PM
Rayquaza

You don't get there secret base data if you share the same one, I just discovered that.
Old November 25, 2014, 07:40:25 AM
Rayquaza

Just like I promised, my secret base team is six high leveled Blissey that only know healing wish be sure to activate the slot machine so it's open level.

Name:	HNI_0009.JPG
Views:	1272
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	6564
Old November 25, 2014, 07:44:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Just like I promised, my secret base team is six high leveled Blissey that only know healing wish be sure to activate the slot machine so it's open level.

Attachment 6564
I didn't even think about the Healing Wish part. That's really clever!
Old November 26, 2014, 09:17:18 AM

I can't seem to battle people... I keep getting the message "Come back tomorrow!"

Anybody know what to do?
Old November 26, 2014, 10:03:24 AM
Rayquaza

You need to wait one day or return to your own base.
Old November 26, 2014, 10:04:46 AM

Quote:
You need to wait one day or return to your own base.
What would returning to my own base do?
Old November 26, 2014, 11:04:59 AM
Administrator

Don't mess with your clock...or play in multiple systems. I think those confuse it.
Old November 26, 2014, 11:16:08 AM
Keldeo

Don't know if this helps (I haven't even started on Secret Bases yet :P ) but I remember that doing ANYTHING to the DS clock would cause Join Avenue in B2W2 to become inactive for 24+ hours. (There was a workaround that I heard about, but it was pretty complicated and waiting a day was probably less effort.)

They don't want people cheating the system, I suppose . . .
Old November 26, 2014, 12:54:50 PM
Administrator

With some games, like the original Nintendogs, you could set the clock to 11:59 PM and let it click over, while some blocked it until midnight two days later or for 24 hours exactly.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 26, 2014 at 12:55:33 PM.
Old November 26, 2014, 12:58:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:

Attachment 6564
I heard u only get 3 pokemon on a team for that, how did u get a full team of 6?
Old November 26, 2014, 01:11:44 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
I heard u only get 3 pokemon on a team for that, how did u get a full team of 6?
I did not know that, if it's true then that's pretty stupid.
Old November 26, 2014, 10:23:16 PM

Quote:
I did not know that, if it's true then that's pretty stupid.
I just battled against your secret base team and it had 3 level 50 Blissey on it. If you had 6 Blissey on your team, then the game automatically caps it at 3.

EDIT: I wasn't able to activate the slot machine to make the battle open-level. For some reason I can't turn it on yet and I don't know why

Last edited by Reuniclus; November 26, 2014 at 10:30:53 PM.
Old November 26, 2014, 11:04:46 PM
Administrator

Default Share Your Secret Base!

Edit: Changed thread title.

Here's where you can share your Secret Base in Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Just attach your QR code to this thread. (You can easily make one at the PC within your secret base.) Feel free to post a new one whenever you change it.

Here's my current one:

Name:	HNI_0084.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	6567

And here's my old one at the default spot where the guy sets it up for you:

Name:	HNI_0083.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	6568

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 26, 2014 at 11:05:32 PM.
Old November 27, 2014, 01:51:29 PM
Administrator

Here is my current one. It's in a cave indent on the south end of Route 121, right near the pier that leads to Route 122 (where Nurse Joy is).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HNI_0058.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	6569  
Old November 27, 2014, 07:11:10 PM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
Here is my current one. It's in a cave indent on the south end of Route 121, right near the pier that leads to Route 122 (where Nurse Joy is).
Darn it, yours is in the same location as mine. XD

Well, here's the code for mine:

Old November 29, 2014, 04:07:23 PM
Volcarona

Shouldn't be too hard to find, it's off to the left after the first steep slope on Jagged Pass and accessible with both bikes. If I did the battle right, you should face my Skarmory (Armorgeddon!), Delcatty (Mr. Kitty), and Glalie (My Soul).
Old November 29, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

Don't forget that today's the Clearance Sale for Secret Base decorations
Old December 1, 2014, 09:10:03 PM
Administrator

Okay, one of the messages is incorrect. If you read a QR code while you have 29 secret bases, it will not let you add it and will state you have favorited too many...even if you have none on the favorites list.
Old December 2, 2014, 06:09:11 AM
Haxorus

Name:	HNI_0019.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	6572
Old December 16, 2014, 02:05:47 PM

Here's mine. It's on the Secret Shore.

I've got 3 Blissey all with Healing Wish and they're around levels 50-60 with the Level Release turned on. I'll update my base when I train them to higher levels.
Old December 16, 2014, 09:19:09 PM
Kyurem

How do i get more flags? I heard if u update your bases Via the Buzznav u can get more bases, then add people to your Secret pals to get more flags. But when i do this tho, i only reveive flags from 1 or 2 people.
Old December 17, 2014, 03:19:31 PM
Administrator

Time for a Secret Base update! It's in the same place as before, which is in the section of Rusturf Tunnel where the man dropped his glasses.

Name:	HNI_0092.JPG
Views:	1575
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	6590

Quote:
How do i get more flags? I heard if u update your bases Via the Buzznav u can get more bases, then add people to your Secret pals to get more flags. But when i do this tho, i only reveive flags from 1 or 2 people.
To acquire more flags, you must take them from others' bases. You can take someone's flag once per day. The color of the flag does not affect the number you receive by taking the flag itself. However, if you invite them to be a Secret Pal in your base, they'll share some of their collected flags with you when you speak to them in your base. (If you pass by them again, this does NOT decrement the number of flags they own.) As a bonus, you can use their skill, and some of them are rather sweet (see below). To get more passersby, simply log on to the PSS. Once it says "Successfully connected to the Internet," you've downloaded the bases and no longer need the connection. Simply tap the mailbox on the BuzzNav to retrieve them. You should be able to do this once every eight hours, but if you mess with your clock no bases will contain flags, and everyone will refuse to give you stuff.

As for the skills:
  • Pick something up: free items, ranging from Escape Ropes and Revives to PP Maxes and Master Balls
  • Pick up stones: evolution stones
  • Gather berries: a variety of berries, some rare
  • Search for treasure: rare stuff you can sell for a nice amount of money
  • Make some goods: free décor for your base, mostly common
  • Do some training: increase the level of a Pokémon
  • Do some exercise: increase the EVs of a Pokémon's stat (didn't count how many, though)
  • Raise an egg: decreases time until the egg hatches (I think)
  • Give a massage: increase the happiness of a Pokémon
  • Tell my fortune: "MAX" O-Powers, which last an hour

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; December 17, 2014 at 03:33:20 PM.
Old December 19, 2014, 11:40:04 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
Time for a Secret Base update! It's in the same place as before, which is in the section of Rusturf Tunnel where the man dropped his glasses.

To acquire more flags, you must take them from others' bases. You can take someone's flag once per day. The color of the flag does not affect the number you receive by taking the flag itself. However, if you invite them to be a Secret Pal in your base, they'll share some of their collected flags with you when you speak to them in your base. (If you pass by them again, this does NOT decrement the number of flags they own.) As a bonus, you can use their skill, and some of them are rather sweet (see below). To get more passersby, simply log on to the PSS. Once it says "Successfully connected to the Internet," you've downloaded the bases and no longer need the connection. Simply tap the mailbox on the BuzzNav to retrieve them. You should be able to do this once every eight hours, but if you mess with your clock no bases will contain flags, and everyone will refuse to give you stuff.

As for the skills:
  • Pick something up: free items, ranging from Escape Ropes and Revives to PP Maxes and Master Balls
  • Pick up stones: evolution stones
  • Gather berries: a variety of berries, some rare
  • Search for treasure: rare stuff you can sell for a nice amount of money
  • Make some goods: free décor for your base, mostly common
  • Do some training: increase the level of a Pokémon
  • Do some exercise: increase the EVs of a Pokémon's stat (didn't count how many, though)
  • Raise an egg: decreases time until the egg hatches (I think)
  • Give a massage: increase the happiness of a Pokémon
  • Tell my fortune: "MAX" O-Powers, which last an hour
I hear not everyone gives u flags (Hardly get any after adding them as pals) so how i do i tell if they picked up flags for the day?

Oh! almost forgot, i'll be uploading my base QR codes in my Albums page (As im uploading them from my DS), so if u want my base code feel free to check it out.
Old December 29, 2014, 09:56:14 PM
Keldeo

None of these are mine but those of you who are interested in HP EVs and mass quantities of experience may be interested in some of these.

I'll get around to posting my own when I complete it in a way that I actually like.
Old December 29, 2014, 11:42:42 PM
Kyurem

If i make more than one 1 base and after someone adds mine into there game via QR code, will my new base overwrite the current base of the one they added of mine after they go online or whatever?
Old December 30, 2014, 04:28:38 AM
Keldeo

Nah, the base data's stored only on the QR code, you can make as many as you want.
Old December 30, 2014, 12:51:41 PM
Kyurem

Ok cool, im thinking of a base to make i havnt seen yet. But it will take some time to collect some certin secret pals.