Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire > Gen VI Competitive Battling

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 29, 2013, 08:59:09 PM

Default Single-Pokémon Rating Thread

Got a custom set for a single Pokémon that you'd like to be rated? Feel free to post it along with any comments you have.

Here's a format for how movesets should be given.

Pokémon @ [Item]
Nature
EVs
Ability
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4
[Additional comments/explanation]

General forums rules apply.
Old October 29, 2013, 09:25:55 PM
Celebi

Delphox @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Timid
252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/4 Hp
Magician
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Grass Knot
With Delphox's 114 Sp.Atk boosted by Life Orb, or Super Effective hits with Expert Belt It can potentially be A Wall breaker, or just Deal Massive amounts of damage With STAB Psychic or Flamethrower/Fire Blast. Shadow Ball to Take care of Any Ghost or Opposing Psychic types, adding the fact that It can Freely come in on Chandelure and Take it out. Flamethrower STAB to Get Rid of Any Steel/Grass/Ice and Bug Types. And Grass Knots to Get rid of Annoying Water Types not named Starmie and Tentacruel. It's one true flaw are common Special walls such as Blissey, and Anything Faster with a Dark/Ghost/Water Type move or the Ever Common Earthquake from something that Resists both of it's STAB
Old October 29, 2013, 10:08:54 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Delphox @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Timid
252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed/4 Hp
Magician
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Grass Knot
I like the type coverage here, and expert belt or life orb would do you pretty well. I'm wondering, though, if you'd benefit more from Choice Specs, given the all-in attack style I'm seeing. Max speed, max SpAtk, all offensive moves. I think it'd be a worthwhile item.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avvaras (Aegislash) (M) @ Life Orb
Brave
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 28 SDef
Stance Change
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Iron Head

Quick note, this is not an OU Singles comp. I've been working on a team for January's Regional VGCs (wherever they happen to be, praying they're somewhat close to AZ), and I've basically fallen in love with the utility that comes with Aegislash. Also note that this is part of an entire composition that revolves around the use of Trick Room.
Advantages: Shadow Sneak is a good way of working around Anti-TR comps, while the amount of tank he gets allows him at least one Swords dance provided we're not met with...
Concerns: Fire, Ground, and other Ghost types. Theoretically, it ought to have a pretty good amount of defense to tank a few hits as long as it stays in Shield Mode, but fighting other Aegislash will be a challenge. Hopefully, Talonflame is up to the task of eliminating Aegislash as a threat.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; October 29, 2013 at 10:10:14 PM.
Old October 29, 2013, 11:07:06 PM
Kyurem

Heres one i made and hope i get to use it soon.

(shiny) Gourgest: Super Sized
EVs- 252hp/252atk/4def
Nature- Adamant
Ability- Pickup (Was breeding and had it)
Item- Leftovers/???
Moves:
1) Shadow Sneak
2) Seed Bomb
3) Painsplit
4) ??? (havnt desided on last move)

Well for now thats i got, but i promise it will a great set once its complete. But it should do good as a somewhat slow attacker/tank, and when its life is low Painsplit to heal of damage. ShadowSneak to well hit first for good damage, SeebBomb for second stab. Im not sure what to add for the last slot. (at the moment it has NaturePower)
Old October 30, 2013, 04:15:08 AM
Giratina

Okay, so now let me go over why the new Mega Blaziken is super hyper unfair to use in battle at all times.

Blazekin @ [Blazekinite]
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Speed Boost
-Protect
-Power-Up Punch
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz

Okay, so the basic thought is it should be FAST and OVERPOWERED. First it Mega-Evolves into Protect, getting its first taste of Speed Boost. At first I was skeptical about this, but Power-Up Punch is boosted by STAB and good for anything weak to Fighting, and it raises the high attack even MORE after each use. Then it can use Brave Bird and Flare Blitz to just annihilate anything else that stands in its way.

What I see that can destroy it are things that would get through Protect (I don't know what they are. I think Whirlwind can?) Status afflictions would also cripple it pretty badly. It a lot of recoil with the two power-moves I chose. A heavily defensive Rock type would be able to end a streak. And anything with Aqua Jet has a good change at it. How can I make this MORE broken?

Last edited by TurtwigX; October 30, 2013 at 04:15:28 AM.
Old October 30, 2013, 01:51:38 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Heres one i made and hope i get to use it soon.

(shiny) Gourgest: Super Sized
EVs- 252hp/252atk/4def
Nature- Adamant
Ability- Pickup (Was breeding and had it)
Item- Leftovers/???
Moves:
1) Shadow Sneak
2) Seed Bomb
3) Painsplit
4) ??? (havnt desided on last move)

Well for now thats i got, but i promise it will a great set once its complete. But it should do good as a somewhat slow attacker/tank, and when its life is low Painsplit to heal of damage. ShadowSneak to well hit first for good damage, SeebBomb for second stab. Im not sure what to add for the last slot. (at the moment it has NaturePower)
You should breed for Frisk, it would be way more useful than Pickup.. For the last move, I recommend Will-O-Wisp. It will turn the pokemon into a great utility-mon. I think Gourgeist is more of a wally type pokemon. Perhaps a set like this would benefit you more than your current one. Same moves, different EV's and nature and stuffs

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Size: Super Size
Ability: Frisk
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Seed Bomb

Quote:

Brave
Stance Change
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Iron Head

Quick note, this is not an OU Singles comp. I've been working on a team for January's Regional VGCs (wherever they happen to be, praying they're somewhat close to AZ), and I've basically fallen in love with the utility that comes with Aegislash. Also note that this is part of an entire composition that revolves around the use of Trick Room.
Advantages: Shadow Sneak is a good way of working around Anti-TR comps, while the amount of tank he gets allows him at least one Swords dance provided we're not met with...
Concerns: Fire, Ground, and other Ghost types. Theoretically, it ought to have a pretty good amount of defense to tank a few hits as long as it stays in Shield Mode, but fighting other Aegislash will be a challenge. Hopefully, Talonflame is up to the task of eliminating Aegislash as a threat.
For Aegisash, I think I'd just go for Brave with 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef because Aegisash is really bulky even without investment (if played right).

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; October 30, 2013 at 01:58:06 PM. Reason: im terrible at quoting
Old October 30, 2013, 01:55:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
You should breed for Frisk, it would be way more useful than Pickup.. For the last move, I recommend Will-O-Wisp. It will turn the pokemon into a great utility-mon. I think Gourgeist is more of a wally type pokemon. Perhaps a set like this would benefit you more than your current one. Same moves, different EV's and nature and stuffs

Gourgeist @ Leftovers
Size: Super Size
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Seed Bomb
Sheesh, I was looking all over the place for a good Gourgeist set and then you post this. (Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist are my new 6th Gen favorites) Dunno if I would go with Shadow Sneak, I would consider Phantom Force instead since it gives you another turn to stall out a burn. I might take Leech Seed over Seed Bomb too, but that might ruin the concept of having Pain Split on it in the first place.

Gourgeist is tricky, but I think you did a nice job with that set.
Old October 30, 2013, 02:09:24 PM
Giratina

Mommy (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Power-up Punch

I use this as my lead for some of my teams that I test and play around with. Kangaskhanite increases the power of my moves w/ Mega Evolution. Fake-Out is to get some damage in every time I switch it in, plus Priority-STAB. Sucker Punch is a great priority move that helps remove Ghost Types, especially the ones that Levitate (Gengar). Power-up Punch is a coverage move that helps me gain Attack, and Earthquake is just a powerful coverage move.

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; October 30, 2013 at 02:09:39 PM.
Old October 30, 2013, 05:29:28 PM
Kyurem

For my gourgest i got another one but average size, but it uses frisk with Trick and a item of choice.
Old October 30, 2013, 06:52:06 PM
Giratina

Quote:
For my gourgest i got another one but average size, but it uses frisk with Trick and a item of choice.
You're only gonna get the full potential from Super Size. But if it floats your boat, then sure use it! It's definitely creative~
Old October 31, 2013, 11:24:24 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
You're only gonna get the full potential from Super Size. But if it floats your boat, then sure use it! It's definitely creative~
I forgot say its going to have max speed and attack, i might use a choice item to trick to someone as its a wiser choice.
Old October 31, 2013, 12:31:12 PM
Celebi

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Modest
252 Hp/252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Defense
Torrent/Mega Launcher
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Scald/Ice Beam/Hydro Pump
So this set is just to abuse Mega Blastoise's Ability in Mega Launcher which Buffs all Aura and Pulse moves by 50%. Aura Sphere to Hit Dark and Steel Types without missing like Focus Blast, Dark Pulse to Get Rid of Psychic and Ghosts, Dragon Pulse for Obvious reasons, and Scald for STAB, and 30% Burn Chance. So instead of the phazing Regular Blastoise is used to doing, It's new role would be to Hit as Hard as possible while soaking up hits as well. Sad part is It cannot do much to Grass Types without Ice Beam And Fairies because it Resists 2 of my moves and is Immune to 1. Unless I pray for Scald's Burn Chance I can't do much
And I'm Running max HP so I can Take A few more Hits and have a Chance to KO something. and with a 127 Base Power Aura Sphere, 120 Base Power Dark Pulse, and 135 Power Dragon Pulse with no drawbacks at all... It's going to hurt a lot

Last edited by JDxImpetus; October 31, 2013 at 12:52:20 PM. Reason: Mega Launcher Calc's were wrong
Old October 31, 2013, 10:45:24 PM
Regigigas

Honedge [to become Doublade]
Relaxed
252 HP/252 ATK/6 DEF
No Guard
-False Swipe
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
-Fury Cutter
This Honedge is to become my main catcher, with a few other moves to cover a few type advantages. I may just forget about the type advantage things and make it a pure catcher and replace Shadow Sneak and Fury Cutter with Autotomize and Swords Dance.
Old November 1, 2013, 11:57:18 AM
Celebi

(I'm Motivated)
Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 Sp.Def/4 HP
No Guard
-Sacred Sword/Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance
-Pursuit/Night Slash
Meet Eviolite Doublade. Base 150 Defense..with a Horrid 49 Sp.def But thanks to Eviolite Both are Boosted by 50% Which fixes it's Special Frailty to a Point and Makes it Essentially one of the Most Defensive Steel and Ghost Types
To Start off the Set we have Sacred Sword to Deal with other Steel and Dark types Who assume they can wall it, so it can Deal with threats like Zoroark and Bisharp with Relative Ease. Or if you want STAB go with Iron Head to Deal with Rock types or even Fairies. Then There's The Main STAB Option of Shadow Sneak. The Main point to Shadow Sneak is to Take Care of Threats like Alakazam and Gengar along with their Mega Counterparts. it also takes Care of Medicham and others of the Sort. Along with the Fact that it is Indeed a Priority Move it will always Go First.
Then there is Swords Dance to Boost it's Base 110 Attack Stat Max 350 if Adamant to Monstrous levels and proceed to Sweep With Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Pursuit. And the 4th Slot can be divided between Night Slash for Raw power, or Pursuit to Catch Running Ghosts or Psychic types. The Main Flaw with this Set is that there is no real means of Recovery. No Leftovers and no Lum Berry. Making it Ineffective if it gets Burned or Paralyzed. Also the Lack of Kings Shield kinda leaves it open to Super Effective hits, and Since Steel doesn't Resist Ghost or Dark anymore, it's Tankiness will wear out eventually. And ruin it's Sweep
Old November 6, 2013, 07:23:31 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii View Post
Brave
Stance Change
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Iron Head

Not digging the Life Orb. Leftovers has saved me lots of time. Aegislash doesn't have the best HP stat, either. Already hits pretty darn hard, especially after a Swords Dance considering you will most likely get at least 1 up due to Shield Form. Regardless, Aegislash is a freaking monster. I'm glad you've got Iron Head over Sacred Sword. While Fighting is a great coverage type, Steel will check Fairies which will start swarming around.

Edit: About Gourgeist... I think the speedy size could come in handy, too. Gives you a pretty fast Pokemon to land Will-o-Wisp, given that most Physical threats are pretty fast.

Last edited by Sub-zero; November 6, 2013 at 07:28:00 PM.
Old November 7, 2013, 05:53:44 AM
Pikachu

I'm raising a super-sized Gourgeist as well. I've bred a couple to mix around with different EVs. I put around 170 in special defense and attack with the rest in HP on my first build, but I fear I spread them out too much.

I'm debating if I should invest anything in attack on my second try. Do you think his base attack and defense is enough to leave them untouched?
Old November 7, 2013, 08:07:49 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA25Mamba View Post
I'm raising a super-sized Gourgeist as well. I've bred a couple to mix around with different EVs. I put around 170 in special defense and attack with the rest in HP on my first build, but I fear I spread them out too much.

I'm debating if I should invest anything in attack on my second try. Do you think his base attack and defense is enough to leave them untouched?
I think your spread is good, but I'd put little to nothing on Attack since it does get Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp, so you could pretty much stall any Physical attacker with ease. Also depends what item you'd give it. It's Attack is mediocre, so, personally, I wouldn't give it the Life Orb. Leftovers or Sitrus Berry instead.

Trade me a Huge-Sized?
Old November 7, 2013, 08:15:45 AM
Administrator

Give it Explosion in case its HP gets low.
Old November 7, 2013, 08:22:19 AM

Quote:

It depends what kind of set you'd want. Super Sized Gourgeist are best for walling. You definitely want to max out its HP, but its Defense and Special Defense EVs can be spread out in any way; normally I would suggest investing more in Special Defense. Gourgeist probably isn't going to be attacking much, so I wouldn't put any EVs into Attack.
Old November 7, 2013, 09:57:30 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-zero View Post
I think your spread is good, but I'd put little to nothing on Attack since it does get Leech Seed and Will-o-Wisp, so you could pretty much stall any Physical attacker with ease. Also depends what item you'd give it. It's Attack is mediocre, so, personally, I wouldn't give it the Life Orb. Leftovers or Sitrus Berry instead.

Trade me a Huge-Sized?
Yea, I sure can. I have a bunch of them with different natures. What are you looking for?

Quote:
It depends what kind of set you'd want. Super Sized Gourgeist are best for walling. You definitely want to max out its HP, but its Defense and Special Defense EVs can be spread out in any way; normally I would suggest investing more in Special Defense. Gourgeist probably isn't going to be attacking much, so I wouldn't put any EVs into Attack.
I'm wanting mine to be able to withstand attacks while dishing out a bit of damage. I'm thinking of putting the special defense up since it is lower than his defense stat. Do you think that his attack is good enough to deal some damage without any EVs put into it? Honestly, I would love to just worry about the special defense and HP.
Old November 7, 2013, 10:34:01 AM

Quote:
Yea, I sure can. I have a bunch of them with different natures. What are you looking for?

I'm wanting mine to be able to withstand attacks while dishing out a bit of damage. I'm thinking of putting the special defense up since it is lower than his defense stat. Do you think that his attack is good enough to deal some damage without any EVs put into it? Honestly, I would love to just worry about the special defense and HP.
Hey, mine is EVd in all SpDef and HP, I haven't tested it yet, but I think it should work fine. Jumbo Gougeist has base 100 Attack too, so it would be dealing quite a bit of damage in general as a wall. Leech Seed and Burns will rack up most of the damage.
Old November 7, 2013, 10:57:28 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Hey, mine is EVd in all SpDef and HP, I haven't tested it yet, but I think it should work fine. Jumbo Gougeist has base 100 Attack too, so it would be dealing quite a bit of damage in general as a wall. Leech Seed and Burns will rack up most of the damage.

I believe that will be the best plan for Gourgeist. I'm going to max out HP and use the remaining EVs for special defense and I might dump a few into attack as well. I'm going with a Careful nature to add some more to his Special D.

Also, I'm going to try out Trick-or-Treat with Shadow Sneak or Phantom Force. Part of me thinks it won't work out too well, but I don't want to let such a cool concept go by the wayside.
Old November 9, 2013, 01:01:39 PM
Kyurem

My offensive Aegislah

Aegislash(Excalibur) :
Nature- Adamant
Evs- 252atk/ 252speed/ 4Hp
Item- Undesided
Moves:
Automize
Sacredsword
Shadowclaw
IronHead

I see everyone running that sooo predictable Kings Shield set, so i made a more all out attacker set. Automize when i get the chance (while still in shield mode), then attack with that +2 speed.
Old November 11, 2013, 08:12:18 PM
Regigigas

Edit: ^ That set couldn't really be used competitively since Aegislash won't be outspeeding most of anything even with Automize. That could work with Trick Room and you could then rid of Automize for Swords Dance. King's Shield isn't too predictable, but remember that's it's still vulnerable to Will-o-Wisp or Taunt, so King's Shield Aegi could be nullified quickly.

Also, does anyone use Goodra with *Gourgeist*? I currently am and it's working quite nicely. I decided to go with Sap Sipper Goodra and went with the Careful nature even though it's Sp. Atk is higher, just for the better coverage and fact that this certain team doesn't have much Physical attackers.

Quote:
Careful!

Edit 2: If you really wanted something to throw others off with Aegislash, make use of it's huge Sp. Atk stat. I'm not sure if it gets Shadow Ball (I think it does), but I know it's got Flash Cannon and, of course, Hidden Power to add to it's movepool. I guess for this, you could give it the Life Orb, but I'd personally would still have it with Leftovers and King's Shield. Or Protect.

Last edited by Sub-zero; November 14, 2013 at 05:07:58 PM.
Old November 11, 2013, 10:30:57 PM
Kyurem

Well i'll try my set out in a few battles and see what works. But im thinking putting lum berry or Rawst berry on it for the burns.
Old November 19, 2013, 08:38:14 PM
Kyurem

I'm surprised to say that I've been using a Vivillon who's been doing wonders for me as a lead...

Wings of Death
Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane

The mere fact that Vivillon has access to Sleep Powder, Hurricane, AND Quiver Dance is just miraculous, and Compound Eyes makes it all the better. With Compound Eyes, Sleep Powder goes from a lousy 75% accuracy to an almost flawless 97% accuracy, and Hurricane goes from a horrendous 70% accuracy to a pretty decent 91%. Quiver Dance just sweetens the deal, outspeeding most Pokémon that aren't scarfed or boosted. Of course, Vivillon has paper-thin defenses, so a Focus Sash is almost essential to set up safely. Vivillon also suffers from the unfortunate 4x Stealth Rock weakness, and is also done in by priority users like Scizor, but is overall a very solid choice. After 1 Quiver Dance boost, it can OHKO most things that aren't reasonably bulky or resisting Vivillon's STABs.
Old November 26, 2013, 04:57:15 PM
Pikachu

This Pokémon is the first one I've tried IV and EV training for.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Adamant
EVs - 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 Health
Rough Skin
- Dig
- Sand Attack
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Rush

I haven't sorted out any good moves for him but he seems to go okay with just those. Like I said, he was the first and I'm only a beginner in competitive breeding/battling.
Old November 26, 2013, 08:26:23 PM
Kyurem

Behold! The ultimate water fairy with prioity!

Azumarill:
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 252HP/252Atk/4Speed
Bellydrum
Aquajet
SuperPower
PlayRough

I think this is a standard set for him nowdays, but i didnt know till after i tryed it.
Ok so when i find the right moment to use bellydrum i can sweep my opponet like it was a Uber blaziken. I have a battle video video i'll post later in another thread if you want to seen it in action.
Old November 27, 2013, 09:49:33 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Behold! The ultimate water fairy with prioity!

Azumarill:
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 252HP/252Atk/4Speed
Bellydrum
Aquajet
SuperPower
PlayRough

I think this is a standard set for him nowdays, but i didnt know till after i tryed it.
Ok so when i find the right moment to use bellydrum i can sweep my opponet like it was a Uber blaziken. I have a battle video video i'll post later in another thread if you want to seen it in action.
10/10 i love. Azumarill is such a beast now that it's allowed to have Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. I've actually been swept before by some of these. The damage this thing does is unreal!
Old November 27, 2013, 11:54:21 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
10/10 i love. Azumarill is such a beast now that it's allowed to have Aqua Jet and Belly Drum. I've actually been swept before by some of these. The damage this thing does is unreal!
Yeah its a monster all right. Sometimes i dont to use him in the battle do to me already won the match.
Old November 28, 2013, 08:48:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantas View Post
This Pokémon is the first one I've tried IV and EV training for.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Adamant
EVs - 252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 Health
Rough Skin
- Dig
- Sand Attack
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Rush

I haven't sorted out any good moves for him but he seems to go okay with just those. Like I said, he was the first and I'm only a beginner in competitive breeding/battling.
The Nature is desirable, the EV spread is flawless, and the ability suits it very well. The moveset....needs work. You really aren't going to be getting anywhere with Sand Attack, it's a bad move to have when in a competitive environment. I would replace Dig with Earthquake and replace Sand Attack with Crunch or Fire Fang. With fairies running around too, you might want to drop either Dragon Rush or Dragon Claw for Poison Jab.
Old November 29, 2013, 12:36:16 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
The Nature is desirable, the EV spread is flawless, and the ability suits it very well. The moveset....needs work. You really aren't going to be getting anywhere with Sand Attack, it's a bad move to have when in a competitive environment. I would replace Dig with Earthquake and replace Sand Attack with Crunch or Fire Fang. With fairies running around too, you might want to drop either Dragon Rush or Dragon Claw for Poison Jab.
Would Stone Edge be considered a better choice move than Crunch or Fire Fang?
Old November 29, 2013, 12:45:12 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantas View Post
Would Stone Edge be considered a better choice move than Crunch or Fire Fang?
Really it's a matter of personal preference, and a bit of how well you want type coverage to be. If you're really Ice-phobic, Stone Edge would probably 1-hit most Ice types, especially with Sand Force, but the 80 accuracy can leave you stranded sometimes. With 95 base Sp Defense, M-Garchomp could probably tank a fairly powerful Ice Beam, and 1 or 2 Fire Fangs with base 170 Attack can down most Ice types as well. For the specific reason of Ice-type coverage, I'd ignore Crunch and go for either Fire Fang or Stone Edge for that 4th move.

If you're a risky person, aren't confident in M-Garchomp's ability to survive a good hit, or like the Sand Force buff it'll get in a sandstorm, go with Stone Edge. Otherwise, I'd choose Fire Fang, since it's usually more reliable.
Old March 13, 2014, 06:42:50 PM
Administrator

On Typhlosion, which move would be better, Extrasensory (80 BP, 100% acc., 20 PP, requires breeding with Vulpix) or Focus Blast (120 BP, 70% acc., 5 PP)?
Old March 13, 2014, 06:56:41 PM
Volcarona

Focus Blast. Typhlosion has no way of hitting rock types without it, especially Tyranitar who is immune to extrasensory. Definitely run FB.
Old March 13, 2014, 06:57:54 PM
Celebi

Actually You can Run both depending on the Set
Old April 13, 2014, 09:04:03 AM
Volcarona

This is my first 5 IV Pokemon ever. What's amazing is I caught it in the wild!

Articuno
Mild Nature
IV: 0/31/31/31/31/31
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spd
Moves: Ice Beam, Reflect, Hail, Tailwind (I'm open to suggestions here)
Ability: Pressure

Last edited by isbragg; April 13, 2014 at 09:34:00 AM. Reason: Forgot the abilty
Old July 24, 2014, 10:53:46 PM
Kyurem

Behold! My upcoming OU Gallade moveset project im working on.

Gallade: Justified @Leftovers
Evs: 252hp, ?Sp.def, ?other stat(Needs help with)
Moves:
Bulk-up/DrainPunch/Knockoff/Substitute.

So what u guys think? I do help with evs tho, as i dont know if i need speed evs to outrun certin mons before they status me. But i got the idea to use this and i looked everywhere for a ev spread and cant figure it out. I read on smogon (Through google) that a user said that DrainPucnh & Knock gives perfect coverage, and the user stated about needing certin amount of speed evs to outrun a pokemon like Rotom before it uses WoW (Will-o-Wisp) while u use Sub.

Last edited by kakashidragon; July 24, 2014 at 10:55:03 PM.
Old July 25, 2014, 08:59:48 AM
Volcarona

sounds cool, only problem with dark\fighting coverage is that fairy resists both.
Old July 25, 2014, 11:24:38 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
sounds cool, only problem with dark\fighting coverage is that fairy resists both.
Thats why im going to have another pokemon deal with Fairys, which shouldn't be to hard.
Old August 15, 2014, 03:06:29 PM
Kyurem

Behold once again! My next pokemon set, but this time its for a mega pokemon thats not yet due to it being in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Altaria: @Its Megastone
Nature: Modest
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 Sp.atk/252Speed/ 4 HP (Or maybe 252 HP/252 Sp.atk/4 Def or 4 speed for bulkyness with roost)
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
HyperVoice (For its Mega's Pixelite ability)
Roost/Agility

Now what my idea on this future set is to set-up agility to out speed whoever it can and try to sweep. I choosed Modest cause its mega gives an increase to its attack stats, and agility fixes it speed if its speed stat stays at base 80. But if i use roost i'll make it into a Bulky attacker for extra survival.
Old August 15, 2014, 03:21:25 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Behold once again! My next pokemon set, but this time its for a mega pokemon thats not yet due to it being in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Evs: 252 Sp.atk/252Speed/ 4 HP (Or maybe 252 HP/252 Sp.atk/4 Def or 4 speed for bulkyness with roost)
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Roost/Agility

Now what my idea on this future set is to set-up agility to out speed whoever it can and try to sweep. I choosed Modest cause its mega gives an increase to its attack stats, and agility fixes it speed if its speed stat stays at base 80. But if i use roost i'll make it into a Bulky attacker for extra survival.
If I can make a suggestion, try boosting its speed to a point where it can out speed common scarfers such as garchomp terrakion and keldeo after an agility. If you go with a timid nature, you can invest less speed and put more into its HP whereas if you run modest you may have to run nearly max speed but at least you have that extra power.
Old August 15, 2014, 04:43:45 PM
Joltik

Off-topic: This thread really reminds me of Smogon.

On-topic: I've got a Palkia here, that I caught myself. Its stats are listed below, but it doesn't have an item. If you could recommend one, that would be wonderful. You can also give me moveset suggestions, if you want to. This Palkia has the maximum 438 special attack, so take that into consideration.

Palkia: @ No item
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, don't know the rest
IVs: 31 Sp.Atk, has Max 438 Sp. Atk
Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Surf
Draco Meteor
Old August 15, 2014, 05:53:46 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 101 View Post
Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Surf
Draco Meteor
I used to use a similar thing in B/W (then again, most Palkia are built pretty similar to this). I believe the complete specs were something like this (ha, ha, "specs"):

Palkia, Choice Scarf
Modest nature
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 SpE
Thunderbolt
Surf
Flamethrower (Fire Blast if you want power over accuracy)
Spacial Rend (doesn't hit as hard but can be used multiple times and scores loads of crits)

Quote:
Yeah, lots of people here actually aren't too big fans of Smogon, so we sort of do our own independent competitive community thing.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:38:53 PM
Volcarona

Quote:

On-topic: I've got a Palkia here, that I caught myself. Its stats are listed below, but it doesn't have an item. If you could recommend one, that would be wonderful. You can also give me moveset suggestions, if you want to. This Palkia has the maximum 438 special attack, so take that into consideration.

Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Surf
Draco Meteor
I would go either go choice scarf with max sp attack and speed with the moves Draco Meteor Fire Blast Hydro Pump and either Thunder for Kyogre or spacial rend. You can go specs like Dragonite said, or I like to run a sub punching lustrous orb palkia with substitute focus punch Hydro pumo and Spacial rend. Catches people off guard and owns chansey and blissey
Old August 15, 2014, 06:40:26 PM
Joltik

Well, it turns out that with the 700+ hours of gameplay and 14+ full PC boxes, I have no Scarf of Specs. Looking again, I have no Lustrous Orb either! Man, I'm just not prepared. But I can easily get one though. And Matty, I will consider your moveset suggestion. Thanks!

Last edited by User 101; August 15, 2014 at 06:44:28 PM.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:44:28 PM
Keldeo

I'd recommend just sitting down and cranking out the 48 BP required for the Scarf in the Battle Maison. It's really not that much to do, since they nerfed the requirements to get BP in X and Y.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:49:52 PM
Joltik

Yeah, I'll do that, considering it is a breeze. Thankfully though, I have 44 heart scales, so I can re-teach Hydro Pump and Spacial Rend. I'd never forgive myself if I didn't have any of those!

Last edited by User 101; August 15, 2014 at 06:54:11 PM.
Old August 15, 2014, 07:42:29 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Yeah, I'll do that, considering it is a breeze. Thankfully though, I have 44 heart scales, so I can re-teach Hydro Pump and Spacial Rend. I'd never forgive myself if I didn't have any of those!
Lustrous Orb is found in Terminus Cave where you can catch Zygarde!!
Old August 15, 2014, 07:52:53 PM
Joltik

I know, but I sold it...
Old August 15, 2014, 08:21:29 PM
Administrator

You were that desperate for money? Actually, I used to sell stuff like that back when I played Silver and Sapphire for the first time.
Old August 16, 2014, 06:46:12 AM
Joltik

Yeah, when I need money, I sell stuff before battling for awhile. Don't think it matters though, I think a scarf or specs would be better for it.
Old August 16, 2014, 07:51:51 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Yeah, when I need money, I sell stuff before battling for awhile. Don't think it matters though, I think a scarf or specs would be better for it.
Lustrous Orb is actually my favorite item on palkia. I love the set Timid max sp attack and max speed
-Spacial Rend
-Hydro Pump
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave

-Very standard in Ubers right now but for good reason. It is the best Kyogre check and it has excellent power and coverage with the ability to cripple many threats such as Xerneas (lacking aroma therapy) and Mega Blaziken.

Last edited by MattyBrollic; August 17, 2014 at 07:24:55 PM.
Old August 17, 2014, 04:52:07 PM
Regigigas

Quote:

Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Roost/Agility

I was having this discussion with Dragonite the other day, but wouldn't having Fairy over Dragon stab be better overall? I'd drop Dragon Pulse for HP Ground because Heatran although that is just one Pokemon, I just figure Fairy > Dragon in Mega Altaria's case.

Edit: And although burn isn't pretty, a Physical set could pass too with DDance then EQ, Return (Fairy), and I dunno, I guess Dragon Claw or a fire move just cause. I just think Mega Altaria will be used more as a wall and being capable of being bulky offensive with set ups.

Last edited by Sub-zero; August 17, 2014 at 04:54:20 PM.
Old August 17, 2014, 05:32:38 PM
Keldeo

Maybe I'm just still picturing Regular Altaria with just 70 SpA and no boosting moves, but Dragon Pulse at 80 base power really doesn't do all that much damage unless it's coming from a Reshiram or Kyurem-White, something with obscenely high Special Attack. Defense levels have gotten to the point where you really need something like Draco Meteor or Nasty Plot if you want to be doing any serious damage (remember, Dragon is something you can't say will have the benefit of being Super Effective unless you're coming up against another Dragon.)

Fairy's a bit better because it's SE on a number of common types. I'm still a fan of Pixilate Hyper Beam. Pick your poison.

Also, I did use a physical Altaria a few times in B/W. Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and Heal Bell. It wasn't the UU powerhouse that something like Bisharp or maybe Rampardos, but it had enough defense to get to +2 pretty reliably and could do a good chunk of damage against basically everything except Levitate Bronzong.
Old August 18, 2014, 04:27:50 PM
Pikachu

modest deoxys with choice specs
-psychic
-psycho boost
-focus blast
-ice beam
max sp. atk and spe
Old August 18, 2014, 07:28:51 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlwiesner View Post
modest deoxys with choice specs
-psychic
-psycho boost
-focus blast
-ice beam
max sp. atk and spe
dumbest set in theory... Great set in reality.
Old September 28, 2014, 10:57:15 AM

Here's a borrowed VGC Kecleon set that I tried using. It works quite well, actually.

Kecleon @Sitrus Berry
Nature: Admant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Ability: Protean
-Feint
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw
-Trick Room

Protean allowing it to change from Normal to Ghost really helps Kecleon get around common threats that like Aegislash, Kangaskhan, Gengar, and Talonflame in certain cases. Some people prefer Shadow Sneak on it, but I like sticking with Shadow Claw for that extra power. Feint is necessary for this set to work; it goes through Protect and it also has a +2 priority instead of +1, so it would be moving first over a Talonflame using Brave Bird. Trick Room is also good to set up for the rest of your team.