Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Debate

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 7, 2011, 07:54:52 AM
Volcarona

Default America just lost its AAA credit rating...

WARNING: Long post

How can something like this happen for the first time in history? America had always been seen as an ideal nation for investors, seeing as it had a strong economy. Now it's been downgraded for the first time in history. How could the government let this happen? More importantly, how could they let it happen to us?

How did the debt get so high to cause this to happen? China is pretty much in the money right now: it has a booming economy already, and with the US borrowing unbelievable amounts of money, we're at the mercy of China. China doesn't even like the US, which makes the country even more dangerous, as they now have a reason to start posing a threat to America's future. If America goes, the world will most likely start to fall apart, hey it's already happening in the Middle East.

We have enemies abroad, and we have enemies here, but most worryingly, in our own government. Ever seen the White House Christmas tree? There was a photo taken with a picture of Chairman Mao on one of the ornaments. One of the biggest evils in the world is displayed inside the White House on a Christmas Tree. How is that acceptable to any Congressman, or to anyone in the US for that matter?

With all due respect, there's something you guys should know about our president. In fact, you should know a lot of things. He passed the Stimulus bill, fair and simple, no reason to suspect anything, right? Well, he's using a huge amount of money for a project that hasn't even spent all its funds yet, some of which goes to some funny causes. A road to nowhere? Come on, anyone can think of a better use for that money, like defense. Congress can actually claw back some of the money they've yet to spend by voiding the Stimulus bill for starters.

All this talk about "it's Bush's fault" is stupid, pointless, and intended as a distraction, because unless the said talk is coming from someone who is really that slow, it's used to distract people from the bigger issues at hand. If it were really Bush's fault America lost its AAA rating, everyone on the planet would know by now about his impeachment and tons and tons of accusations. But looks who's leading the country now, a guy who can't even show proper social grace before the Queen of England. Speaking of England, did you know he rejected a traditional gift from UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, as well as give back the bust of Winston Churchill?

The media is also a part of the problem. Ever watched MSNBC when they talk about the GOP? Who pays them anyway to say such things to *anyone*? And why is there so much hatred towards the Tea Party? What have they done to deserve such scorn, ridicule, and I kid you not, physical assault? Reminds me of the time I watched a movie based on the Women's Suffrage period. They're called terrorists, racists, even cannibals, which I think is really desperate, even for MSNBC.

Let me ask you a question. Why are some people focusing so much on certain individuals? Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and that NFL football player who lost a number of fans because he read a book by Glenn Beck and said it was "epic." Did anyone even *read* that book to have a justified reason for responding the way they did? I can talk to anyone about Glenn Beck. The responses I get are either "awesome" "who's he?" or "crazy." He's telling people about real dangers that are coming to the US, financial problems being the most discussed. He's doing what he thinks is right, and he even says "do your own homework." Why do so many people hate his guts to the point where they even park right outside his own house? Sarah Palin already went through her share of hatred.

Let's put 2 and 2 together:

Sarah Palin was the governor of Alaska. She had to resign due to the legal fees she was facing just trying to settle the numerous accusations and lawsuits against her in court. Why did she resign as a governor over something as stupid as this? A) because she couldn't afford the legal fees. B) she said she didn't want to slap this on the people of Alaska. While she was governor, Alaska actually had a "negative" tax rate. Everyone in the state actually gained a small amount of money instead of paying taxes because of how the energy was managed, oil especially. How does one in this world manage the opposite of a tax for an entire state? I certainly don't know. People call her stupid and inexperienced, but if I were a working man, I'd definitely consider moving to Alaska, just for the tax relief. How is that stupid?

As for her critics, they're not happy with targeting just Sarah, but her kids too. Why should they get involved? They're just children. One of them has a disability and he's made fun of on live TV, all because of his mother who happens to be a target.

Now for a more serious problem as a result of the media. While the media was busy "reporting," a number of serious problems have risen since the election. One of them being the debt. You think Bush's tarp was bad? Well, look again. Everyone was angry at the tarp, which isn't even as big as the stimulus bill, which is *minuscule* compared to the debt we now stand at. Trillions of dollars? Nobody even heard of *anyone* spending a trillion dollars, let alone several in one year. And Congress wants to spend even *more*. Something is seriously wrong here. It's not just Republican vs Democrat or left vs right, this is right vs wrong, and quite frankly, good vs evil.

Oh, and here's a little bit of trivia concerning Obama's background. He has a really good friend named Reverend Wright, whom he preached to the now President Obama for 20 years. His words are shocking and scream for the death of America. There are even youtube videos of some of his preaching. 20 years is a very long time to comfortably spend with someone who is by definition an enemy of America, and simultaneously, a close friend to the leader of our good country.

And what about the Health Care bill? That was passed through a very shady and unfair tactic. Who wrote it, anyway, and why did nobody read the bill before passing it? Well I can answer the first question. A convicted felon. A criminal managed to convince the president to pass a bill he wrote into law. what does this bill do anyway? I've actually read a few pages of it and I'm shocked. A $5000 ($10000 for a couple) ration for coverage, as far as I can tell. How can anyone not see this in a bill? Actually, a few select people in Congress actually read the entire bill. Even so, why didn't they inform anyone else about the bill and let it pass, virtually unchanged?

America loses its AAA rating for the first time in history, and our President throws a party to celebrate his 50th birthday. I don't even need to explain why that's troubling.

Now, if anyone else agrees or disagrees with me, keep in mind I don't have all the facts about what happened on each event, but this is what I learned with time. This thread is actually just here to open some eyes. Hopefully, people will learn about what's going on in the world while we chat, play games and watch youtube videos.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; August 8, 2011 at 06:09:11 PM.
Old August 7, 2011, 08:28:43 AM
Giratina

Yet another person ranting about politics with a middle-school understanding of how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed Floatzel View Post

How can something like this happen for the first time in history? America had always been seen as an ideal nation for investors, seeing as it had a strong economy. Now it's been downgraded for the first time in history. How could the government let this happen? More importantly, how could they let it happen to us?
This is a government by the people, for the people. Which means we have nobody to blame but ourselves. If the american consumer base wasn't so obsessed with spending money they don't have, the government would have a lot less problems to worry about.
Quote:
China doesn't even like the US, which makes the country even more dangerous.
It's not the 50's anymore. From their perspective, we're their saviors. We've given them countless jobs, and a huge boost to their economy.
Quote:
If America goes, the world will most likely start to fall apart, hey it's already happening in the Middle East.
Not necessarily. The rest of the world is well-equipped to handle our downfall, and probably would be better off without us.

Quote:
We have enemies abroad, and we have enemies here, but most worryingly, in our own government. Ever seen the White House Christmas tree? There was a photo taken with a picture of Chairman Mao on one of the ornaments. One of the biggest evils in the world is displayed inside the White House on a Christmas Tree. How is that acceptable to any Congressman, or to anyone in the US for that matter?
I have absolutely no clue what this has to do with the national debt.

Quote:
With all due respect, there's something you guys should know about our president. In fact, you should know a lot of things. He passed the Stimulus bill, fair and simple, no reason to suspect anything, right? Well, he's using a huge amount of money for a project that hasn't even spent all its funds yet, some of which goes to some funny causes. A road to nowhere? Come on, anyone can think of a better use for that money, like defense. Congress can actually claw back some of the money they've yet to spend by voiding the Stimulus bill for starters.
This needs elaboration. A lot of it. What project? What silly causes? What road to nowhere are you talking about?

Quote:
All this talk about "it's Bush's fault" is stupid, pointless, and intended as a distraction, because unless the said talk is coming from someone who is really that slow, it's used to distract people from the bigger issues at hand. If it were really Bush's fault America lost its AAA rating, everyone on the planet would know by now about his impeachment and tons and tons of accusations. But looks who's leading the country now, a guy who can't even show proper social grace before the Queen of England. Speaking of England, did you know he rejected a traditional gift from UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, as well as give back the bust of Winston Churchill?
It's a majorly known fact among most historians that the successes or failures of a presidency is generally caused by the aftermath of the old administration's policies. Though I do agree that Bush is getting unecessay blame, because if we follow that notion mosty of bush's problems in his first term were caused by clinton.

And the queen of england deserves about as much etiquette as a high school football team mascot, since that's basically all her position is nowadays.

Quote:
The media is also a part of the problem. Ever watched MSNBC when they talk about the GOP? Who pays them anyway to say such things to *anyone*? And why is there so much hatred towards the Tea Party? What have they done to deserve such scorn, ridicule, and I kid you not, physical assault? Reminds me of the time I watched a movie based on the Women's Suffrage period. They're called terrorists, racists, even cannibals, which I think is really desperate, even for MSNBC.
No comment, since I gave up watching network news a long time ago. But if you have any video clips to share, I'd be "glad" to watch them.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question. Why are some people focusing so much on certain individuals?
Because they're actually responsible for some of the policies that put America in this mess. And I really find it hilarious that you bring up this point right after personally attacking Obama.

Quote:
Alaska actually had a "negative" tax rate. Everyone in the state actually gained a small amount of money instead of paying taxes because of how the energy was managed, oil especially. How does one in this world manage the opposite of a tax for an entire state? I certainly don't know. People call her stupid and inexperienced, but if I were a working man, I'd definitely consider moving to Alaska, just for the tax relief. How is that stupid?
A state losing money like that is rarely a good thing in the long run. After a few decades of that, Alaska's coffers would be bone dry.

Quote:
As for her critics, they're not happy with targeting just Sarah, but her kids too. Why should they get involved? They're just children. One of them has a disability and he's made fun of on live TV, all because of his mother who happens to be a target.
Agreed. The kids have nothing to do with this, as far as I can tell. They're just desparate for ratings I guess.

Quote:
It's not just Republican vs Democrat or left vs right, this is right vs wrong, and quite frankly, good vs evil.
Never, I repeat, NEVER bring up an argument as arbitrary and insulting as good vs evil.

Quote:
And what about the Health Care bill? That was passed through a very shady and unfair tactic. Who wrote it, anyway, and why did nobody read the bill before passing it? Well I can answer the first question. A convicted felon. A criminal managed to convince the president to pass a bill he wrote into law. what does this bill do anyway? I've actually read a few pages of it and I'm shocked. A $5000 ($10000 for a couple) ration for coverage, as far as I can tell. How can anyone not see this in a bill? Actually, a few select people in Congress actually read the entire bill. Even so, why didn't they inform anyone else about the bill and let it pass, virtually unchanged?
"Why did nobody read the bill before passing it"
>Implying nobody re- I'm not even going to bother picking out the flaws in this paragraph. Moving on.

Quote:
America loses its AAA rating for the first time in history, and our President throws a party to celebrate his 50th birthday. I don't even need to explain why that's troubling.
So he's not allowed to have a birthday party just because of something that he really has no control of.

Fun fact: The president's job is really only to sign bills and direct the army. Making laws to fix problems is Congress' job.

Quote:
Now, if anyone else agrees or disagrees with me, keep in mind I don't have all the facts about what happened on each event, but this is what I learned with time. This thread is actually just here to open some eyes. Hopefully, people will learn about what's going on in the world while we chat, play games and watch youtube videos.
It would have been a good idea to say this BEFORE you made yourself look like an ignorant fool <.<

EDIT: And to be honest, they went easy on us. If I were in charge of this, I would have dropped our credit rating as soon as we hit 100 billion.

Last edited by Jaredvcxz; August 7, 2011 at 08:31:56 AM.
Old August 7, 2011, 11:50:25 AM
Shaymin

By the way, our credit score is still AAA. It's just that in Standard and Poor, our credit rating has dropped to AA.
Old August 7, 2011, 12:13:48 PM
Volcarona

I answered everything that was posted. I put a spoiler here to save somebody's browser.    
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz View Post
Yet another person ranting about politics with a middle-school understanding of how it works.

This coming from someone who doesn't even know half of what I'm even talking about. If you think you know more about politics than I do, run for office . I on the other hand will say what I want to say, and if you have a problem with it, don't call it "ranting" after reading it unless it really is ranting. Ranting would be more like the comments you'd usually find on a youtube video about the GOP. I don't say things like that about any posts from you that I disagree with.

This is a government by the people, for the people. Which means we have nobody to blame but ourselves. If the american consumer base wasn't so obsessed with spending money they don't have, the government would have a lot less problems to worry about.

Are you even old enough to vote? I am now but not before the last election. And not all Americans want to spend money that they don't have. If what you said was actually true, we would still have the spending problems on a governmental level anyway. And since taxes are always there for the spending, even if more Americans did rein in their money, it would likely be taxed out of them by the government. In fact, why is it the people that are to blame, anyway? Most people vote for the candidate they feel will best carry out his duties and the needs of the people. But that's not to say that there aren't some people who will play dirty to get their candidate in, like ACORN and their voting fraud. Jared, you're younger than me, right? In that case, you probably were too busy with your schoolwork to care about what was going on at the time. I saw it happen.

It's not the 50's anymore. From their perspective, we're their saviors. We've given them countless jobs, and a huge boost to their economy.

They have the potential to do serious harm to America's financial future. I'm not saying China's an enemy, but they're not very friendly either. The Chinese government and the Chinese citizens are two different things. My mom for example is fascinated by Chinese culture and the language, but she told me herself that the US is "beholden" to China. And we're a great boost to their economy like you said, especially that they now have more than $1 billion of control over us.

Not necessarily. The rest of the world is well-equipped to handle our downfall, and probably would be better off without us.

No. You're dead wrong. The Middle East certainly isn't well-equipped to deal with our downfall because we're the strongest resistance against the threat of terrorism and we need to help Israel. Israel is the birthplace of three of the world's major religions, and it's struggling with it's current situation. As for the Middle East, the chances of a group called The Muslim Brotherhood acting as leader of Egypt are very real. Not all Muslims are bad and my respect goes out to the ones that are mistakenly seen as terrorists, but these guys worry me. Libya, Egypt, and other Arab nations are going through similar problems with riots and revolts. The dates and events even correlate to the texts in certain Islamic texts. I'm not one to believe in such superstition, but the guys we're fighting are, and it's part of the driving force and spirit behind their whole agenda. Europe is already showing signs of Middle Eastern problems. And don't even get me started on oil prices. I'm surprised people aren't seriously talking about it yet with all these revolts and extremist activity there. Our government continues to import oil from the Arab States, and yet we still have our own reserves that we need to start using if we want to exert some pressure on the same countries that want the western way of life destroyed.

America can fall to its enemies. And if America falls, it's up to the rest of the world to fight this. And I don't have much hope at all for the rest of the world without a US. Neither will you if all your friends end up in torture chambers or end up as victims of an honor killing. There is no reasoning with them. They are deeply devoted to their religion and right now are the most powerful divine-driven force on the planet. Christianity was very much like them during the Holy Crusades, but we're past that stage by centuries and Christianity isn't nearly as aggressive as it used to be. It has gone back to a peaceful religion.

And even if the terrorist threat wasn't here, *we* began the western way of life, and it has since been adopted by many countries across the world. It needs to be protected and preserved, not destroyed.

I have absolutely no clue what this has to do with the national debt.

Chairman Mao was a Communist. And Communism is associated with total government. Now if there are some people who at least accept Chairman Mao on the White House Christmas tree, there's a reason to worry right there. Now this relates to the national debt because of the strategy that the unseen forces in the government is using to "fundamentally transform" America. They want to turn it from a democracy/republic into something completely different. A major step they will take is to try and "collapse the system." That basically means they will try to bankrupt the US to the point where the dollar becomes worthless. That's when they will begin to build the new form of government. The Constitution will probably be in the fireplace by that point. It's already happening now on a local and federal level. Ever heard of the 4-year-old girl that was charged $400 (or $500, can't remember) for a license for opening her lemonade stand? They said it was for health and safety, but how many people get sick from lemonade? Another case was with a teenager that was driving a tractor while farming and got in trouble for driving a tractor on a farm without a license. Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself.

I think I've said more than enough to explain how this relates to the national debt. It's a milestone that our domestic enemies will use to bankrupt the dollar and start building their own government.

This needs elaboration. A lot of it. What project? What silly causes? What road to nowhere are you talking about?

The project is the Stimulus bill. The silly causes include 9000+ earmarks, or things to spend money on that don't actually benefit the country or create the jobs it was supposed to. The road to nowhere was one of those causes. Literally, money was spent to pave a road to nowhere, a dead end. Another example is funding mosquito trapping in a town in Florida, but that was requested by somebody in Connecticut. What, may I ask can Florida do with trapped mosquitoes? It really isn't necessary to trap mosquitoes in just one town in the whole of Florida, since naturally, more would just migrate there and replenish the lost numbers. I can't list all 9000 earmarks, but I can tell you that most of them are done for political favors, including at least 1 from Obama when he promised that there would be no earmarks *next* year. So he crams 9000 in one bill the year before.

It's a majorly known fact among most historians that the successes or failures of a presidency is generally caused by the aftermath of the old administration's policies. Though I do agree that Bush is getting unecessay blame, because if we follow that notion mosty of bush's problems in his first term were caused by clinton.

History may repeat itself, but it always changes. In the Middle Ages countries were at war with each other for conquest. After America was formed, it all began to change. Not many countries are ruled by a royal family anymore, and as a result, the world began to prosper. While Obama had some problems that stemmed from Bush, some of Bush's problems stemmed from Clinton, and so on. In that case, the next president is responsible for *solving* the problems, not continuing to blame a previous president who isn't even in power anymore. Blaming never solved a debt crisis, and 3 years later, when the world is facing *really* serious problems, Bush is still a scapegoat, because the current administration doesn't want to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

And the queen of england deserves about as much etiquette as a high school football team mascot, since that's basically all her position is nowadays.

Position doesn't matter. She is royal blood and an important part of our history, heritage, and culture. And being British, I strongly suggest you make no such comments about her again. She certainly has more social etiquette than you and I, especially you. She has a big role to play in the UK and a responsibility as well. Her son is in the military for god's sake.

No comment, since I gave up watching network news a long time ago. But if you have any video clips to share, I'd be "glad" to watch them.

took me a while to find one that didn't have namecalling in the title and description.    

Proof that if you say anything bad about Barack Obama on MSNBC, you're fired    

Because they're actually responsible for some of the policies that put America in this mess. And I really find it hilarious that you bring up this point right after personally attacking Obama.

First off, you don't even know a lot of what I'm talking about to begin with, You asked me to clarify and explain a number of things that are common knowledge by now. You probably were too young to care about politics, unless I'm mistaken. I've been watching the world long enough to have a basic idea of what's going on, and if you think I'm personally attacking Obama, then maybe you should do some research into the actions he made as a president, his speeches, and even his body language during certain events. Obama is the president, so naturally, I'm going to focus on him quite a bit. He's a major role in all this. Oh and for the record, I respect your opinions, so I'd appreciate it if you respect mine, okay? I'm not personally attacking Obama.

Read at your own risk. this is my personal opinion.    
If you want me to personally attack Obama, then I'll personally attack Obama. I'm trying to be fair in case you didn't know since this is a *debate* about the US and the world, not about who can outsmart who on Victory Road.

A state losing money like that is rarely a good thing in the long run. After a few decades of that, Alaska's coffers would be bone dry.

So now you're saying that a small bonus to your paycheck instead of a massive deduction is a bad thing? In case you didn't know, Alaska wouldn't have given the extra money back to its citizens if it didn't have a surplus or at least more tax money than needed to effectively manage the state. That state has oil and is using it. By the way, Texas is reportedly the only state to have a positive job growth rate. That's because of the domestic oil resources they have and use. People are moving from other states to Texas because it's easier to live there and is governed effectively.

Agreed. The kids have nothing to do with this, as far as I can tell. They're just desparate for ratings I guess.

It's not just ratings that they're after. The unions and other pressure groups are targeting them as well. It's pretty obvious that the reason they do it is because Sarah Palin is a threat to their agenda, as well as Glenn Beck and others. And if you strongly dislike either or both without actually getting to know them, I'd say the media has done a good job at indoctrinating you as well. They want you to hate those two so they can distract you from what is about to take place as we speak. A good example would be the NFL player that became unpopular with some of his fans after saying one of Glenn Beck's books was "epic." That guy was a liberal as well. A lot of those people who de-friended him on facebook don't even know what's in the book. That's good for the people who are trying to discredit those who pose a threat to their plans for the US government on every level.

Never, I repeat, NEVER bring up an argument as arbitrary and insulting as good vs evil.

Sorry, but I think this is a reasonable thing to say. When I say good vs evil I mean good vs evil. I'd say the military vs terrorism is a fine example of good vs evil. We have congressmen who openly admit to being communists and socialists, another example of good vs evil, when it actually starts affecting us, and I mean *now*. That's why we have the right to bear arms in case the government becomes tyrannical. Go ahead, laugh at me. You'll start seeing signs of it eventually. I already sense it coming with the 4-year-old's lemonade stand that attracted several police officers.

>Implying nobody re- I'm not even going to bother picking out the flaws in this paragraph. Moving on.

If you don't have an answer to that paragraph, don't bother writing a response. If you see any flaws in my paragraph, point them out.

So he's not allowed to have a birthday party just because of something that he really has no control of.

I wasn't allowed to have a birthday party in the past 3 years because of something that I have no control of. At least he actually gets to *have* a party. But this is one of the worst times in history to have a birthday party, especially for a president.

More opinion. You have been warned.    
I'm beginning to think you're just as clueless as he is. If your parents could no longer afford their bills, would you even think about having a birthday party? I have to worry about my parents dying all of a sudden.

Fun fact: The president's job is really only to sign bills and direct the army. Making laws to fix problems is Congress' job.

Fun fact: The president's job is to do the above, carry out his duties on the system of checks and balances, appoint new Supreme Court justices, choose a vice president, be vigilant about personal security risks because quite a number of presidents in the past were assassinated, plan out solutions for a potential or an existing crisis, prepare to make an executive order if necessary, protect himself in a dangerous situation, like Bush with the shoes thrown at him,

Opinion.    
He dodged the first one and deflected the second one like "That's right, you got owned, terror man. I blocked it

and a whole lot of other things that I haven't brushed up on yet. See, I actually studied US Government in High School and still do from time to time if I need to find out about something.

It would have been a good idea to say this BEFORE you made yourself look like an ignorant fool <.<

It would have been a good idea to pay attention and think about what I said before making such a claim.

EDIT: And to be honest, they went easy on us. If I were in charge of this, I would have dropped our credit rating as soon as we hit 100 billion.
And what good do you think that would do? Nobody would like it as it hurts them a lot, financially. What would you try to do to fix that, anyway?

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; August 7, 2011 at 12:26:37 PM. Reason: Italics failed on me
Old August 7, 2011, 12:31:28 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I answered everything that was posted. I put a spoiler here to save somebody's browser.    

And what good do you think that would do? Nobody would like it as it hurts them a lot, financially. What would you try to do to fix that, anyway?
I would just like to point out that none of this is valid and a a lot of this is personal attacks and invalid fact. Willing to quote where necessary, Jared's opinions were valid and based on well-researched fact

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; August 7, 2011 at 12:33:50 PM. Reason: Also, you even admitted to not knowing the half of the debate in your first post, so don't even bother refuting me
Old August 7, 2011, 12:41:14 PM
Kyurem

Kazam popping in to mention that because this is a Serious Debate topic, pointing out that someone is younger than you as a method to void their argument kind of ruins the idea of having a thread where people can voice their opinions maturely. Let's focus on the issue of discussion here.
Old August 7, 2011, 01:08:19 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
I would just like to point out that none of this is valid and a a lot of this is personal attacks and invalid fact. Willing to quote where necessary, Jared's opinions were valid and based on well-researched fact
Saying that my post is a rant with a middle-school understanding of politics doesn't sound like a valid opinion to me. As for mine, I put them in spoilers, and I even said that they were opinions. Read at own risk. And how is *beginning to think* someone is clueless a personal attack? A "personal attack" would be just "you're clueless." And even if I said that, is it really worth obsessing over? It might not be true, or it could be entirely true.

Btw, I hope you know what you're talking about when you say that *none* of what I say is valid. Because unless every source of information I used from the last 3 years was an illusion and false, it sounds pretty valid to me. I have serious doubts about Jared's "well-researched" facts. He couldn't even give me an answer for the Stimulus bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Kazam popping in to mention that because this is a Serious Debate topic, pointing out that someone is younger than you as a method to void their argument kind of ruins the idea of having a thread where people can voice their opinions maturely. Let's focus on the issue of discussion here.
Who said I was trying to void anything? As for the age thing, that was part of the debate, not a personal attack. If you decide to take it as a personal attack, then that's up to you. I've said more offensive things as a 5-year-old.

Opinion, with a hint of frustration.    
Is it just me or do half the people on the internet get offended at anything that could be remotely or marginally offensive, even if I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings?

Quote:
Quote:
Does this sound mature to you, Kazam?

Last edited by Armed Floatzel; August 7, 2011 at 01:17:03 PM.
Old August 7, 2011, 01:36:20 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Saying that my post is a rant with a middle-school understanding of politics doesn't sound like a valid opinion to me. As for mine, I put them in spoilers, and I even said that they were opinions. Read at own risk. And how is *beginning to think* someone is clueless a personal attack? A "personal attack" would be just "you're clueless." And even if I said that, is it really worth obsessing over? It might not be true, or it could be entirely true.

Btw, I hope you know what you're talking about when you say that *none* of what I say is valid. Because unless every source of information I used from the last 3 years was an illusion and false, it sounds pretty valid to me. I have serious doubts about Jared's "well-researched" facts. He couldn't even give me an answer for the Stimulus bill.

Who said I was trying to void anything? As for the age thing, that was part of the debate, not a personal attack. If you decide to take it as a personal attack, then that's up to you. I've said more offensive things as a 5-year-old.

Opinion, with a hint of frustration.    
Is it just me or do half the people on the internet get offended at anything that could be remotely or marginally offensive, even if I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings?

Does this sound mature to you, Kazam?
oh boy

this'll be FUN.

I think for the sake of time, I'll ignore my typical bold red font in order to point out your fallacies

Quote:
Are you even old enough to vote? I am now but not before the last election. And not all Americans want to spend money that they don't have. If what you said was actually true, we would still have the spending problems on a governmental level anyway. And since taxes are always there for the spending, even if more Americans did rein in their money, it would likely be taxed out of them by the government. In fact, why is it the people that are to blame, anyway? Most people vote for the candidate they feel will best carry out his duties and the needs of the people. But that's not to say that there aren't some people who will play dirty to get their candidate in, like ACORN and their voting fraud. Jared, you're younger than me, right? In that case, you probably were too busy with your schoolwork to care about what was going on at the time. I saw it happen.
citing Jared's youth as a reason for him not knowing what you're talking about when you've cited that you don't know what you're talking about here:

Quote:
Quote:
They have the potential to do serious harm to America's financial future. I'm not saying China's an enemy, but they're not very friendly either. The Chinese government and the Chinese citizens are two different things. My mom for example is fascinated by Chinese culture and the language, but she told me herself that the US is "beholden" to China. And we're a great boost to their economy like you said, especially that they now have more than $1 billion of control over us.
lolno

We outsource to China. Their economy is ours. It's a mutualistic relationship. Politically speaking they can't do anything to us

Quote:
No. You're dead wrong. The Middle East certainly isn't well-equipped to deal with our downfall because we're the strongest resistance against the threat of terrorism and we need to help Israel. Israel is the birthplace of three of the world's major religions, and it's struggling with it's current situation. As for the Middle East, the chances of a group called The Muslim Brotherhood acting as leader of Egypt are very real. Not all Muslims are bad and my respect goes out to the ones that are mistakenly seen as terrorists, but these guys worry me. Libya, Egypt, and other Arab nations are going through similar problems with riots and revolts. The dates and events even correlate to the texts in certain Islamic texts. I'm not one to believe in such superstition, but the guys we're fighting are, and it's part of the driving force and spirit behind their whole agenda. Europe is already showing signs of Middle Eastern problems. And don't even get me started on oil prices. I'm surprised people aren't seriously talking about it yet with all these revolts and extremist activity there. Our government continues to import oil from the Arab States, and yet we still have our own reserves that we need to start using if we want to exert some pressure on the same countries that want the western way of life destroyed.

America can fall to its enemies. And if America falls, it's up to the rest of the world to fight this. And I don't have much hope at all for the rest of the world without a US. Neither will you if all your friends end up in torture chambers or end up as victims of an honor killing. There is no reasoning with them. They are deeply devoted to their religion and right now are the most powerful divine-driven force on the planet. Christianity was very much like them during the Holy Crusades, but we're past that stage by centuries and Christianity isn't nearly as aggressive as it used to be. It has gone back to a peaceful religion.

And even if the terrorist threat wasn't here, *we* began the western way of life, and it has since been adopted by many countries across the world. It needs to be protected and preserved, not destroyed.
Extremist Muslim terrorist threats have NOTHING to do with the economy. Also, if you paid attention in history, America benefits from wars economy-wise. We made money funding and fighting in WWI and WWII. Also that last bit sounded vaguely like the policy of containment. Do you know what that led to? The Cold War.

Quote:
Chairman Mao was a Communist. And Communism is associated with total government. Now if there are some people who at least accept Chairman Mao on the White House Christmas tree, there's a reason to worry right there. Now this relates to the national debt because of the strategy that the unseen forces in the government is using to "fundamentally transform" America. They want to turn it from a democracy/republic into something completely different. A major step they will take is to try and "collapse the system." That basically means they will try to bankrupt the US to the point where the dollar becomes worthless. That's when they will begin to build the new form of government. The Constitution will probably be in the fireplace by that point. It's already happening now on a local and federal level. Ever heard of the 4-year-old girl that was charged $400 (or $500, can't remember) for a license for opening her lemonade stand? They said it was for health and safety, but how many people get sick from lemonade? Another case was with a teenager that was driving a tractor while farming and got in trouble for driving a tractor on a farm without a license. Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself.

I think I've said more than enough to explain how this relates to the national debt. It's a milestone that our domestic enemies will use to bankrupt the dollar and start building their own government.
Paranoid anti-communist sentiment combined with misunderstanding of isolated events

Quote:
The project is the Stimulus bill. The silly causes include 9000+ earmarks, or things to spend money on that don't actually benefit the country or create the jobs it was supposed to. The road to nowhere was one of those causes. Literally, money was spent to pave a road to nowhere, a dead end. Another example is funding mosquito trapping in a town in Florida, but that was requested by somebody in Connecticut. What, may I ask can Florida do with trapped mosquitoes? It really isn't necessary to trap mosquitoes in just one town in the whole of Florida, since naturally, more would just migrate there and replenish the lost numbers. I can't list all 9000 earmarks, but I can tell you that most of them are done for political favors, including at least 1 from Obama when he promised that there would be no earmarks *next* year. So he crams 9000 in one bill the year before.
Have you -been- to Florida? And the stimulus package is similar to what we did during the Great Depression. The US funded random **** to bring in more money.

Quote:
History may repeat itself, but it always changes. In the Middle Ages countries were at war with each other for conquest. After America was formed, it all began to change. Not many countries are ruled by a royal family anymore, and as a result, the world began to prosper. While Obama had some problems that stemmed from Bush, some of Bush's problems stemmed from Clinton, and so on. In that case, the next president is responsible for *solving* the problems, not continuing to blame a previous president who isn't even in power anymore. Blaming never solved a debt crisis, and 3 years later, when the world is facing *really* serious problems, Bush is still a scapegoat, because the current administration doesn't want to take responsibility for their own mistakes.
Bush still had to approve all of the decisions made by his administration and thus can't be used as a scapegoat- they WERE problems caused in some manner by him

Quote:
Position doesn't matter. She is royal blood and an important part of our history, heritage, and culture. And being British, I strongly suggest you make no such comments about her again. She certainly has more social etiquette than you and I, especially you. She has a big role to play in the UK and a responsibility as well. Her son is in the military for god's sake.
Attacking Jared's social etiquette, and making another fallacy that suggests that royal blood actually does something in the government

Quote:
First off, you don't even know a lot of what I'm talking about to begin with, You asked me to clarify and explain a number of things that are common knowledge by now. You probably were too young to care about politics, unless I'm mistaken. I've been watching the world long enough to have a basic idea of what's going on, and if you think I'm personally attacking Obama, then maybe you should do some research into the actions he made as a president, his speeches, and even his body language during certain events. Obama is the president, so naturally, I'm going to focus on him quite a bit. He's a major role in all this. Oh and for the record, I respect your opinions, so I'd appreciate it if you respect mine, okay? I'm not personally attacking Obama.

If you want me to personally attack Obama, then I'll personally attack Obama. I'm trying to be fair in case you didn't know since this is a *debate* about the US and the world, not about who can outsmart who on Victory Road.
Attacking Jared, citing his youth as being another reason he "doesn't know" anything about what you're talking about, when he's only a few years younger than you and he knows just as much about the subject matter as you do if not more, which I'm fairly certain he does based on the fallacies pointed out so far

Quote:
So now you're saying that a small bonus to your paycheck instead of a massive deduction is a bad thing? In case you didn't know, Alaska wouldn't have given the extra money back to its citizens if it didn't have a surplus or at least more tax money than needed to effectively manage the state. That state has oil and is using it. By the way, Texas is reportedly the only state to have a positive job growth rate. That's because of the domestic oil resources they have and use. People are moving from other states to Texas because it's easier to live there and is governed effectively.
Not only did he say the opposite, this makes no sense because of the money required to make an efficient move

Quote:
Sorry, but I think this is a reasonable thing to say. When I say good vs evil I mean good vs evil. I'd say the military vs terrorism is a fine example of good vs evil. We have congressmen who openly admit to being communists and socialists, another example of good vs evil, when it actually starts affecting us, and I mean *now*. That's why we have the right to bear arms in case the government becomes tyrannical. Go ahead, laugh at me. You'll start seeing signs of it eventually. I already sense it coming with the 4-year-old's lemonade stand that attracted several police officers.
More paranoid anti-communist sentiment; also the US has been the aggressor in a lot of conflicts but we never like to admit it.

Quote:
If you don't have an answer to that paragraph, don't bother writing a response. If you see any flaws in my paragraph, point them out.
The flaws being the entire paragraph. The health care bill is great because it's a health care bill. And of course they're going to read it before passing it. It's Congress for god's sake

Quote:
I wasn't allowed to have a birthday party in the past 3 years because of something that I have no control of. At least he actually gets to *have* a party. But this is one of the worst times in history to have a birthday party, especially for a president.
QQ more maybe I'll care

Quote:
Fun fact: The president's job is to do the above, carry out his duties on the system of checks and balances, appoint new Supreme Court justices, choose a vice president, be vigilant about personal security risks because quite a number of presidents in the past were assassinated, plan out solutions for a potential or an existing crisis, prepare to make an executive order if necessary, protect himself in a dangerous situation, like Bush with the shoes thrown at him, and a whole lot of other things that I haven't brushed up on yet. See, I actually studied US Government in High School and still do from time to time if I need to find out about something.
in bold is not the President's job, and Jared basically said all of that with the exception of the justices and VP anyway, so don't act like Jared made a fallacy

Quote:
It would have been a good idea to pay attention and think about what I said before making such a claim.
he did

he thinks what you said makes you look like an ignorant fool

Quote:
what's currently being done

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; August 7, 2011 at 01:52:27 PM.
Old August 7, 2011, 02:59:19 PM
Kyurem

Canada fell to an AA+ rating back in 94 but we recovered it back in 97. It can be done. It just takes time.
Old August 7, 2011, 07:29:07 PM
Regigigas

You make me laugh, Floatzel. And maybe it's just because I'm from the U.K. and I'm awesome - but just imo it's people with the mindset like yours that greatly contribute to the economic troubles in the U.S.

Now, I'm not going to dwell on all the opinions that you sort of just tossed around without any factual basis, nor am I gonna dwell on the fact that like 90% of your argument was "I R OLDER = I R RIGHT". But did you seriously comment that "China has over a billion on the U.S.!"?

I mean, also considering the fact that you also seem to think that members of the U.S. senate are communists (demonstrating that you don't really even understand what a communist economic system is), and the fact that you seem to think that part of the presidential duties in the U.S. is to have ninja-like reflexes and be ready to fight at any moment - do you really expect people to treat you with total respect? Quit watching Bourne movies, bro.

I'm not really sure why I made this post other then to point out that nearly everything you said was either just flat-out wrong, or just ignorant.

I guess technically I'm not "debating" this topic here, because I don't really give a **** about it - but I am debating something. Your ability to "debate" about something regarding America. I'm "debating" about the way you "debate". Stop doing it :V

Or just quit crying and use Google, jesus. U.S. owes China somewhere around the 800 billion mark.

Last edited by Blues; August 7, 2011 at 08:07:02 PM.
Old August 7, 2011, 08:21:18 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
The Tea Party, duh. (for the "How")

Quote:
How did the debt get so high to cause this to happen? China is pretty much in the money right now: it has a booming economy already, and with the US borrowing unbelievable amounts of money, we're at the mercy of China. China doesn't even like the US, which makes the country even more dangerous, as they now have a reason to start posing a threat to America's future. If America goes, the world will most likely start to fall apart, hey it's already happening in the Middle East.
...They didn't downgrade it because of debt, they downgraded it because of the political climate (there were fears the recent debt ceiling debate could not go so well next time).

Quote:
...How is that relevant?

Quote:
...Uhm... Please stop blurting nonsense. Nobody likes conservative talk radio.

Quote:
...Uhm... You realize, of course, that Bush did:

a) Start several wars that have added that vast majority of our current debt.
b) Cut the taxes on the rich significantly, making this something of a double whammy.

That Obama idiotically decided to continue Bush's stupidity is beyond me, but meh. I hate them both.

Quote:
...What the hell? Man, have you watched Fox News? Or listened to Glenn Beck? It's nowhere /near/ the degree of MSNBC. Also, the Tea Party's origins are that of the southern conservative movement, so yes, the Tea Party is largely racist. There's no denying that.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question. Why are some people focusing so much on certain individuals? Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and that NFL football player who lost a number of fans because he read a book by Glenn Beck and said it was "epic." Did anyone even *read* that book to have a justified reason for responding the way they did? I can talk to anyone about Glenn Beck. The responses I get are either "awesome" "who's he?" or "crazy." He's telling people about real dangers that are coming to the US, financial problems being the most discussed. He's doing what he thinks is right, and he even says "do your own homework." Why do so many people hate his guts to the point where they even park right outside his own house? Sarah Palin already went through her share of hatred.
You think this is even remotely relevant to any of this? You're basically just spurting good-'ol conservatism where it's not even remotely relevant.

Quote:
Not relevant, but true.

Quote:
Now for a more serious problem as a result of the media. While the media was busy "reporting," a number of serious problems have risen since the election. One of them being the debt. You think Bush's tarp was bad? Well, look again. Everyone was angry at the tarp, which isn't even as big as the stimulus bill, which is *minuscule* compared to the debt we now stand at. Trillions of dollars? Nobody even heard of *anyone* spending a trillion dollars, let alone several in one year. And Congress wants to spend even *more*. Something is seriously wrong here. It's not just Republican vs Democrat or left vs right, this is right vs wrong, and quite frankly, good vs evil.
...Uhm... I know this is going to sound crazy, but we're a huge country. Our GDP is 14.12 trillion. Trying to say a trillion is big and making it seem like a problem is entirely naďve. It's just how the world works.

Quote:
Oh, and here's a little bit of trivia concerning Obama's background. He has a really good friend named Reverend Wright, whom he preached to the now President Obama for 20 years. His words are shocking and scream for the death of America. There are even youtube videos of some of his preaching. 20 years is a very long time to comfortably spend with someone who is by definition an enemy of America, and simultaneously, a close friend to the leader of our good country.
...God, please stop targeting Obama's racial ties. It's not in the least bit relevant. I hate the guy, but for valid reasons.

Quote:
*yawns*

Best damn thing the guy ever did. The one reason Obama at least has some credibility.

Quote:
Yes, you would like him to call off his birthday so that he can mourn the failure of his congressman. I'm serious, since when are we not allowed to age during hardship?

Quote:
...You don't say. Great source: Salon.com.

Quote:
Yay!

Quote:
Eh, the consumer is largely required to turn an economy around. You are right to an extent, but, I mean, the housing crisis wasn't exactly the fault of the consumer.

Quote:
True dat. I fricken want to move to Britain just so I don't look like vermon to half the world.

Quote:
Yes please.

Quote:
Sorta what I did with half of them...

Quote:
Basically, yeah, it's largely conservative talk radio in a forum post. There are very few citations for any of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
True 'dat. Wait, who said that? (I skipped so much of it.)

Quote:
A lot of it isn't, though. Most of your argument sounds like its straight from Glenn Beck's desk, and in my experience his sources are almost always false.

Quote:
oh boy

this'll be FUN.

I think for the sake of time, I'll ignore my typical bold red font in order to point out your fallacies
Yeah, he hit the mark pretty well hear. +1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
You make me laugh, Floatzel. And maybe it's just because I'm from the U.K. and I'm awesome - but it's people with the mindset like yours that greatly contribute to the economic troubles in the U.S.
You live in the U.K.? You seriously just went up on my awesome meter.

(And I'm not being sarcastic. You were like a 2 before, now you're a 5...)

Quote:
I mean, aside from the fact that you also seem to think that members of the U.S. senate are communists (demonstrating that you don't really even understand what a communist economic system is), and the fact that you seem to think that part of the presidential duties in the U.S. is to have ninja-like reflexes and be ready to fight at any moment? Quit watching Bourne movies, bro.
Personally, I am a socialist, so.... yeah, I'm not only a communist sympathizer, I find it a valid political system.

Quote:
I'm not really sure why I made this post other then to point out that nearly everything you said was either just flat-out wrong, or just ignorant.
True 'dat.

Quote:
I guess technically I'm not "debating" this topic here, because I don't really give a **** about it - but I am debating something. Your ability to "debate" about something regarding America. I'm "debating" about the way you "debate". Stop doing it :V
...Same for me.

Quote:
Or just quit crying and use Google, jesus. U.S. owes China somewhere around the 800 billion mark.
Which isn't a lot. Hell, China isn't a bad country in the first place (I mean, I hate them because of their many crimes against humanity, but that's the same reason I hate the U.S. -- so, at least they aren't a whole lot worse than the U.S. no matter your opinion).

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 7, 2011 at 08:24:27 PM.
Old August 7, 2011, 08:57:17 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Which isn't a lot. Hell, China isn't a bad country in the first place (I mean, I hate them because of their many crimes against humanity, but that's the same reason I hate the U.S. -- so, at least they aren't a whole lot worse than the U.S. no matter your opinion).
It's quite a bit more than 1 billion. :V

Which he seemed to think was a crazy amount for us to owe China. I have this suspicion that he might have JUST NOW traveled forward in time from the 60's to debate. That would explain a lot
Old August 7, 2011, 09:02:16 PM
Shaymin

ICEE's a commie? BURN IN HELL
Old August 7, 2011, 09:16:24 PM
Regigigas

Lite, please. Stay on topic. Don't make me infract you.

With my mind.

But in all seriousness, uh, something about economics in U.S. Something about the incompetence of Congress. Something questioning incompetence of Congress. Snide remark regarding Floatzel. Snice remark regarding Floatzel's expectations of president to know martial arts. Comment about us all getting along - obligatory praise from other posters about how well-written and and smart Blues's post was.

aaaaand, debate finished. Anyone have anything to add?

Last edited by Blues; August 7, 2011 at 09:19:37 PM.
Old August 7, 2011, 09:47:32 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Lite, please. Stay on topic. Don't make me infract you.

With my mind.

But in all seriousness, uh, something about economics in U.S. Something about the incompetence of Congress. Something questioning incompetence of Congress. Snide remark regarding Floatzel. Snice remark regarding Floatzel's expectations of president to know martial arts. Comment about us all getting along - obligatory praise from other posters about how well-written and and smart Blues's post was.

aaaaand, debate finished. Anyone have anything to add?
Obligatory compliments on smartness. Obligatory "I'm awesome" variation. I'm awesome.

(I should try to stay on topic, but this was so off-topic from the very beginning its sorta hard.)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 7, 2011 at 09:48:12 PM.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:39:15 AM
Giratina

Chiding statement against this sort of behavior, threat to lock thread.
Old August 8, 2011, 06:50:27 AM
Shaymin

Refusal to abide by Jared's warning despite being an admin of higher rank and continues to make jabs at the OP's lack of awareness and knowledge of the situation he attempted to create a debate on as well as his inability to defend his argument with consistent factual evidence and without name-calling
Old August 8, 2011, 10:07:46 AM

Quote:
Hey, maybe he was using the long scale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_and_short_scales
and for the record, Armed Floatzel is from the UK.
Old August 8, 2011, 10:17:07 AM
Giratina

So here's what I'm going to do with this thread: The topic is good, but the OP completely destroyed any hope for intelligent discussion. But, if anyone wants to get a word in, I'll be leaving this thread open. If it doesn't get better in two days, I'll lock it.
Old August 8, 2011, 05:35:45 PM
Volcarona

Jared, It would actually do VR a lot of good if you would just lock it right now.

I started a debate, and the only thing it created was a lot of hostility and a waste of time and posts.

I should have known better than to start a serious discussion with nitpickers. I know I'm to blame too for continuing it, but let's put this behind us and avoid something like this in the future.

(by the way, why is everyone so focused on me all of a sudden? Snide remark here, ignorant fool there. Grow some skin. All three members of my family curse me out of the room when they're angry, and all of you put on a tragedy drama all because of what I said in a post? Which wasn't even intended to encourage more of it? I say what I think is true, and if you have a problem with that then it's not me that's the problem.)
Old August 8, 2011, 05:40:44 PM
Giratina

Quote:
by the way, why is everyone so focused on me all of a sudden? Snide remark here, ignorant fool there. Grow some skin. All three members of my family curse me out of the room when they're angry, and all of you put on a tragedy drama all because of what I said in a post? Which wasn't even intended to encourage more of it? I say what I think is true, and if you have a problem with that then it's not me that's the problem.)
Maybe because you made the thread.

Also Jesus are you an arrogant little prick.