Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > The Official Victory Road Role-Play > Paradora City
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 19, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Haxorus

Default Willow in the City

Willow was very excited to be entering the city of Paradora for the first time. Everything in her body language screamed that to anyone who saw her as they passed by. Her eyes light up with every new sight, her head swivelled from side to side as she tried to see everything at once. Unbeknownst to her, but very obvious to her companion, Winston, was that her mouth was slightly ajar. She would close it, only to open it in awe of the next new sight. The corners of her mouth turned up just as frequently, though whether it was genuine or a smirk was hard to tell from the outside.

Wow, what an amazing place, she thought. I can't imagine living here.

Quite simply, Willow was blown away. Everything was so new and foreign, yet very familiar. It both thrilled and frightened her. Like two sides of a coin, her home and this city were close, but were completely different. What a strange thought for a strange city.

Willow finally stopped her gawking and brought her attention back to Winston. "Thanks," she said shyly. She wasn't sure what provoked her to reveal her tattoo. Most people didn't even know she had it; she was a quiet rebel.
"So, uh, will you show me around?" she asked. She really had no idea what she was going to do here, besides ultimately challenging the gym leader.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; October 19, 2012 at 08:02:51 PM.
Old October 20, 2012, 10:25:42 AM
Shaymin

Winston took a moment to stare from the entrance too, it wasn't often that he took the time to really analyze the city. The amazingly tall buildings, the flashing lights, the amazing scenery; it was all a lot to think about for the first time. "Wow, I know this must be a lot for a first-timer. There are so many things here, I don't know even if we start now I could finish showing you."

From the very entrance there was many things to see. When you first step in you see a major businesses and venues, and to the right there was a road that seamed to go far a while, and then forest on the other side of a road. It was like a line and on one side was a raving party and on the other was peace and quiet. It was the same for the other side, There was a road that acted as a line going on for a long time and then two different stories on each side. ON one was the rave and on the other was a park. It was fenced-in and neatly kept. There was a water fountain where a few pokemon and their trainers were playing. There were a few benches around the fountain too. Then there were just small shrubs and grass in the park. And on the corners of the park (The ones closest to the street) were shrubs that were cut in the shape of a Pikachu and a Pichu.

Winston gazed at the park. "Hey, I can tell you about the city while we sit in the park, it will cause less distractions."
Old October 21, 2012, 04:55:33 PM
Haxorus

"It's pretty overwhelming," Willow confessed. Spotting the nearby bench, Willow thought it'd be good to sit down for a while too.
"Sure, why not?" she said. Continuing to look around in awe, Willow followed Winston over to the bench. "So, let's hear it all!" she joked. She laughed a little. Suddenly she remembered Kimmie.
"Oh, I forgot about Kimmie!" she cried. "How selfish of me." Willow's hand went to the Pokéball that contained her wonderful friend, but she paused and stroked the smooth surface. Hopefully it wouldn't be too overstimulating for Kimmie. Tentatively, she released her Pokémon. Next thing she knew, a blue blur tackled her excitedly.
"Mudkip, Mudkip, Mudkip!" Kimmie called over and over, running around in circles in front of the park bench. After running for a bit, she jumped up to sit on Willow's lap and calmly observed the city and its going-ons. Willow laughed at her silly Mudkip and turned her attention back to Winston.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:44:42 PM
Shaymin

Winston continued, "Well. Where could I start?! Haha, I will talk to you about the Brawl Building. The Brawl Building is a wonderful place for trainers like you and me, mainly for starting trainers that want to try other types of battles. At the BB you can challenge other trainers to a battle. Your battles can vary from any kind and condition you can think of. For people like me, you can rent a number of Pokemon to battle with! It is really a great place and you can meet new people." Winston took a breath. "Another big hing here is the Sewers. They are what they sound like, but a little different then the usual. They are open to all people and have the possibility to lead you to any town in this region. There are many items and pokemon that call the Paradora City Sewers home. But I am not familiar with it too much." Winston took a second to think of another thing to talk about. "South of the city is another great place for trainers of all kinds! It is called The Plains. It is a vast span of flatlands, which houses a lot of tall grass and pokemon. Many small and prairie Pokemon reside there, and I wouldn't blame them; it is tranquil and more than calm! But if you wander off to much you will get lost, that is how big it is." Winston adjusted himself. He reached for his bag, and pulled out a map. It folded out into a map of the region, which had very detailed geographic features. He pointed at a few of the things he mentioned in his speech.
Old October 23, 2012, 02:25:13 PM
Haxorus

"Wow, so many things you can do!" Willow exclaimed. As she looked at the map Winston was holding, she reflected on the places he had told her about. Hm, the Brawl Building sounds interesting... I don't know if we're strong enough though. She looked down at her small, fragile looking Pokémon. No, definitely not ready for that yet. I'd need at least another Pokémon to protect her... Wasn't there a place he mentioned that was good for finding wild Pokémon? Oh yeah, The Plains. They sound nice. And much more pleasant than the sewers, though I want to go down there sometime too. Willow looked back up at Winston.
"I think I'd like to go to The Plains. Will it take long to get there? My sense of distance is all messed up here in the city," she confessed.
Old October 23, 2012, 02:34:38 PM
Shaymin

Winston looked at his watch. "Yeah, we made good time getting here and I dont have to be home for a while. Since it is only 1:45 (pm) I think we can do it. And no not really. The plains is no in direct contact with the City either. To preclude he event in which someone from here would litter, pollute, or vandalize in The Plains, they mad a pathway to get through it. You have to go down some stairs and go through a wide corridor. It is like going from route to route. Not to far. It is actually just 5 blocks away." But that was city-blocks. That is about 4 times he size of a block in Oldoak town.

Out of the silence some car horns honked in the road. And a man yelled out his window; typical traffic folk. With Winston concluding his talk a women left the park and started walking on the sidewalk that lead to The Plains. "You see where she is walking? That is where we are going." He added to what he was saying.

Old October 23, 2012, 02:50:02 PM
Haxorus

"Okay," Willow replied. "shall we follow her then?" she said with a giggle. She went to stand up, but remembered Kimmie was there. It was a shame she had to be woken up, but Kimmie would love to see the sights of the city anyways. Willow made sure to hold her though, she didn't want her small Mudkip to get stepped on by one of the many people outside.
Old October 23, 2012, 04:48:47 PM
Shaymin

Winston and Williow started to walk in the direction of the lady. As hey walked across the park to leave they pass a younger kid with a Meowth, and man with a Houndour. There were many people walking the street with pokemon. As they got to the sidewalk they came to a new series of street. A fast-food place, and a few apartment buildings, and a factory were now things they walked by as they went on the sidewalk. "There are so many buildings in the City I bet you could name anything and it would be here." Winston laughed after that.
Old October 24, 2012, 05:57:48 PM
Haxorus

"I wouldn't doubt it!" Willow laughed. "I just can't believe how much there is!" she exclaimed. Kimmie was running around excitedly again and almost ran into Poochyena. It growled at her and Willow hurried over.

"Sorry," she said to both the trainer and Poochyena. "Kimmie," she instructed firmly as they returned to Winston. "You have to stay close, okay?" Kimmie, who was visibly shaken, shook her head agreeably. "Do you want me to carry you?" Willow asked. This time, the head shake was a no. "Okay, but be careful," she warned.
Old October 25, 2012, 05:19:39 PM
Shaymin

After a few minutes of walking they arrived at the main entrance to the Plains. The entrance was a very large, and very old white-brick building. It was surrounded by large, well trimmed bushes. And in front of it was a life-size statue of a man with a backpack. He has also made out of the white material, but a little lighter and worn from weather. The statue was on a low pedestal and plaque.
Old October 25, 2012, 05:37:34 PM
Haxorus

"Ooo, what's this?" Willow asked curiously. She walked over to where the plaque was to read what it said.
Old October 25, 2012, 06:38:06 PM
Shaymin

Willow might not have noticed it, but her curiosity made her walk a little faster than he expected; Winston just tried to follow. The plaque read:

Albert Harrison-Paradore
In 1789 Albert Harrison-Paradore settled in the plains of the Traka region. He and his extended family (along with another, smaller group of people)
built a small village here. He and his family only started on a small farm, but soon expanded into a town, and then into a city. Paradore's colony had
been growing so fast that they had to put a name to it, Paradora City. In his later years, Paradore made sure to set aside land near the city
to be for Pokemon to live, and human to train.

Donated by the Harrison-Paradore family - 1871

Winston made a noise as if intrigued by this. "I have never read this before."
Old October 25, 2012, 07:49:40 PM
Haxorus

"Hm, interesting," Willow said, reading the plaque again. She looked up at Winston and down at Kimmie. "Shall we go off to find some Pokémon now?" she asked with enthusiasm. "I'm so excited!" she exclaimed. She thought back to when the had seen the Sentrets and how they had scurried around happily. They were the only wild Pokémon she'd ever encountered close up. This new experience would be exciting, but she was also slightly nervous.

Kimmie jumped around excitedly. Willow smiled. "I'll take that as a yes. How 'bout you Winston? You ready to go?"

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; October 25, 2012 at 07:49:51 PM.
Old October 26, 2012, 11:09:33 AM
Shaymin

Just from that tone of voice he got excited! He wasn't usually easily excited, but something about Willow made him vulnerable. "Yeah!" He exclaimed. Winston walked ahead of her in excitement, walking part the statue and past the bushes lining the building.
The building was large inside. It was nothing much to look at, but it was really long. The building was just a tunnel, and it was rather dark inside. You wouldn't have expected it from the beautiful outside, but it wasn't bad looking, just unexpected. "Come one, Willow." He realized that he was actually father ahead than he thought. Winston walked slowly with Willow to the end of the tunnel. As they walked closer to the tunnel end it became more illuminated in the tunnel. They reached the end of the tunnel revealing The Plains.
The Plains was just like the name suggested. It was a vast land of 3 foot tall yellow grass. The Plains stretched farther than the eye could see.
About 6-9 trainers were spread out across the field with their Pokemon. Only a few of Pokemon were taller than the grass, so only a few could be seen from Winston's position. A young boy with a Granbull; A middleaged lady with an Unfezant (Male); A man with a Cacturne were the only visible people with Pokemon. And then reallllly far in the distance was a small mountain range, lining the majestic Plains.

Last edited by teamplasma; October 27, 2012 at 06:55:27 AM.
Old October 26, 2012, 04:19:29 PM
Haxorus

This sight rendered Willow even more speechless than the city had. She stood there, enjoying the view for quite a while before softly saying, "It's so beautiful." She looked a little longer, then shook herself and psyched herself up to get going. She didn't want to look like an idiot just standing there all day.
"Alright, Winston," she said. "Where to now?"
Old October 27, 2012, 07:00:44 AM
Shaymin

"Haha, the decision is up to you, Willow. You could start meandering, looking for some Pokemon. You could... Use the Honey I gave you. I dont know if you want to save that or not, or if it is great for this area. I personally suggest we go and walk around in the distance. We both are taller than the grass so no matter how far we go we can still see the exit." He took a break to think. "And I am sure if we just go around there will be some kind of good Pokemon that interests you. It is The Plains!"
Old October 29, 2012, 07:37:24 PM
Haxorus

Willow thought, but only for a moment.
"Well then, why don't we walk around for a bit?" she said. "Kimmie, maybe I'll carry you, it'll be hard for you to walk through this tall grass by yourself." She looked to Kimmie to see her reaction to the suggestion. Kimmie eagerly obliged and leaped into Willow's arms.
"Okay then, on we march!" she announced with a teasing smile and stepped into the tall grass.
Old October 29, 2012, 08:12:14 PM
Shaymin

In the amazingly tall grass as nothing. That was because all of these trainers around them. They were obviously not going to be any Pokemon around there. Willow wandered farther into the grass with Kimmie in her arms and Winston by her side. But after they passed the trainers and the crowd there as suddenly an appearance of a small pokemon. It had approached Willow by stopping right in front his Willows tracks. It was a small Buneary with a luscious coat.

(Sorry, I had 10 minutes to type this up)
Old October 30, 2012, 06:23:30 PM
Haxorus

(No worries. )

Willow didn't notice the Pokémon at first, but when she did realize it was there, just in front of her, she stopped suddenly. Slowly she crept towards it, hoping it wouldn't run away.
"Kimmie, you ready?" she whispered quietly. Kimmie nodded and tensed herself so she'd be ready for Willow's instructions. Willow watched the Buneary uncertainly, but then decided to just go for the attack.
"Kimmie, use tackle!" she whispered strongly. She hoped the Buneary wouldn't get away.
Old October 30, 2012, 07:36:14 PM
Shaymin

Buneary was a very swift and diligent Pokemon. She jumped in the air and landed a few yards away from Willow, but still engaged in the battle. When willow said to use Tackle, Buneary immediately charged with a pound. She made contact with ears to body, and it seemed to be a little more power than she was ready from. Buneary went back a little to gain a little more ground. Kimmie followed through with the attack at went at for a Tackle. Though the pound was tough, the tackle was a little more powerful. Buneary also didn't see that much force coming. "Buneary-Bun!" She said to taunt the trainer a little. "Wow, that is a really tough wild pokemon." Winston added.

Mudkip
Female - Torrent - Level 6
Tackle - Growl - Mud-Slap
HP: 33/36

Buneary
Female - Run Away - Level 5
Endure - Foresight - Pound - Defense Curl
HP: 20/24

Last edited by teamplasma; October 30, 2012 at 07:36:55 PM.
Old November 3, 2012, 12:47:12 PM
Haxorus

Willow nodded her agreement and bit her lip. This was going to be an interesting battle. She liked the spirit this Bunneary had too...

"Kimmie," she said slowly. "Wanna try something new? Let's try using Mud-Slap!" she cried as a suggestion. We'll see how this works out, she thought.
Old November 3, 2012, 07:31:19 PM
Shaymin

Kimmie was ready for this, this move felt a little more nature to her. She dug her tail in the ground and started to fling some dirt into Buneary's face. The dirt was dry and rooted so it was harder to throw, but was did hurt because of the dryness. A wad of dirt smack her face and left a large brown spot on her face, and a little got into her eye. She tried to blink it out, but that didn't do much. Buneary quickly tried to attack with a Pound attack. She swung at Kimmie with her ears, but barely hit. Her aim must be impaired by the dirt.

Mudkip
HP: 31/36

Buneary
HP: 18/24
Old November 4, 2012, 04:43:24 PM
Haxorus

Willow debated on her strategy for a moment. It seemed like Kimmie was more proficient at this new attack, so it seemed like it might be a good idea for her to repeat that attack. Deciding on that, she called out her command: "Kimmie, use Mud-Slap again!"
Old November 4, 2012, 04:53:33 PM
Shaymin

Buneary was a little mad with the situation, she was now more ready for battle. Kimmie dug her tail into the ground and repeated the same attack. Out of anger buneary used Pound on the soaring chunk of dirt and broke it. She then ran at Kimmie and slapped her with the dirty ears. Pound seemed to do a lot of damage. "Oh my!" Winston exclaimed. "I have never seen that before."

Mudkip
HP: 28/36

Buneary
HP: 17/24

Last edited by teamplasma; November 5, 2012 at 04:29:24 PM.
Old November 5, 2012, 04:27:00 PM
Haxorus

Willow was surprised too. She'd never seen such determination before. The attitude of this Buneary impressed her. I think I'll try very hard to catch her, she seems to be a clever one. I think she'd be a great friend for Kimmie! she thought. With this thought in mind, Willow tried to energize Kimmie even more.
"Let's go, Kimmie! You can do it! Use tackle!" she called, deciding on tackle for a little bit of surprise.
Old November 5, 2012, 04:34:22 PM
Shaymin

With Kimmie excite, Buneary still close from the Pound, and the element of surprise the likelihood of doing well was on Willow's side. Kimmie used the attack, and with not much effort hit the Bunneary. Since Buneary was physically so close to Kimmie it was easy to hit, and so it hurt a lot more than it would have if she ran. The wild pokemon was rather exhasted by the blow. But she got up again and with a sour look, "Bunea-Bun!" She yelled. But instead of attacking she just rolled herself into a ball. "Well this is odd." Said Winston. And indeed it was odd.

Mudkip

Buneary
HP: 13/24
Old November 5, 2012, 04:43:34 PM
Haxorus

"Nice work, Kimmie!" Willow exclaimed in light of her very well-executed attack. When the Buneary curled up into a ball, she furled her eyebrows in confusion. Like Winston, she was quite bewildered. She didn't want Kimmie to attack something that looked so innocent. Still, this Pokémon was very clever, so she figured it could be a trick.
"Use Mud-Slap," Willow said cautiously. "It might be trying to fool us," she explained.
Old November 5, 2012, 04:51:52 PM
Shaymin

Like a routine, but more cautiously this time, Mudkip threw chucks of dry dirt at Buneary. But this time it was a lot harder to hit her because she was such a small target. But right when one chunk did she flew like someone kicked a soccor ball. She soon stopped herself with digging her feet in the ground and started to run back at Kimmie. She had momentum on her side, and was gaining a lot of speed. Buneary ran through the grass until she was a foot away from Kimmie. With much more force than before she slammed her first at Kimmie. This Pound was really good. "She is getting mad." Winston commented.

Mudkip
HP: 25/36

Buneary
HP: 12/24
Old November 5, 2012, 05:49:06 PM
Haxorus

Willow grimaced as Kimmie was hit by the Buneary. It was unpleasant to watch her little friend get injured. She nodded her agreement to Winston's statement. The Buneary really was getting mad. Still, Willow decided to make at least one more attack before trying a Poké ball.
"Okay Kimmie, use Mud-slap one more time!" she exclaimed.
Old November 5, 2012, 06:05:35 PM
Shaymin

Buneary really had an unpredictable defense strategy. Sometimes she would block, sometimes she wouldn't do anything at all. And that is what she did this time. Kimmie did another Mus Slap and hit The Bunny square in the face. She basically stood there and took it. It had to have hurt, unless you had a face of metal. Buneary didn't really retaliate, she took a minute to rest instead, but she was definitely tired. "I think you got her!"

Mudkip

Buneary
HP: 10/24
Old November 5, 2012, 06:22:31 PM
Haxorus

Willow debated internally. Should I try a Poké ball now, or try another attack? She was getting impatient, she really wanted to catch this Buneary. I guess I'll just try a Poké ball now and if it doesn't work, I can just try again, she reasoned. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a red and white ball and held it firmly in her hand. She watched the Buneary carefully, wary of its tricks. Then suddenly, she pulled her arm back and swung it forward, releasing the ball from her hand in the direction of the Buneary. I hope this works, she thought and crossed her fingers for good luck.
Old November 6, 2012, 02:01:26 PM
Shaymin

Buneary weakly stood up but was sooon knoxked on her back when the PokeBall his her in the chest. With Buneary on her back she had little energy to move so she was zzzzapped into the PokeBall. The ball wiggled... once... twice... three times... Then a red light flashed and all was still.
"I think you did it! You caught your first Pokemon!" Winston was really excitrd for his friend, he had always wanted to do that for himself, but he didn't have a pokemon to fight with. "Wow what are you going to name her" He asked.
Old November 6, 2012, 02:49:52 PM
Haxorus

Willow was amazed, she had caught the Buneary! A feeling of elation filled her, and a grin spread across her face.
"We did it!" she shouted, picking up Kimmie and hugging her. Now, to think of a name... Just as last time, an appropriate name popped into her head almost right away. This time, she mulled it over more before finally deciding. She released the Buneary from her Poké ball and spoke to her.
"I think a good name for you would be Leia. Do you like it?" she asked. The Buneary tilted her head and considered it. Then she nodded once with a simple "Buneary".
Willow smiled at her new Pokémon and returned both her and Kimmie to their Poké balls.
"What time is it, Winston?" she asked.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; November 6, 2012 at 05:10:30 PM.
Old November 7, 2012, 05:58:33 PM
Shaymin

Winston looked at his watch, "It is approximately 5 : 30 right now." He said. And the sun was starting to dance on the horizon, like the moon on the other end of the world. Daylight savings is a hard to handle with it getting dark so early. "I think we should start to head to the city. Is there anything else that you want to do tonight?"

Last edited by teamplasma; November 7, 2012 at 05:58:48 PM.
Old November 11, 2012, 08:25:16 PM
Haxorus

Willow glanced at Winston's watch as he did. "I like your watch," she complimented him shyly. Then she answered his question. "No, I don't think so. Where are we off to now?" She didn't have anywhere to stay the night, and she was hoping for an invitation, though she internally berated herself for it thinking that.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; November 11, 2012 at 08:26:02 PM.
Old November 11, 2012, 08:34:52 PM
Shaymin

Winston thought a little. "I have two things. You could stay at the PokeCenter, they have beds and such. I am sure they will allow you to take a night there. And then the other option in my house. We have a spare room, and it is vacant at the time. The only problem is that I have school in the morning, so I will probably be gone before you wake up." He started walking back towards the entrance of The Plains to make better time of getting out. "So it is up to you. You could even come to school with me, but that wont be fun."
Old November 11, 2012, 09:12:12 PM
Haxorus

Willow barely hesistated, though she should have. She only just met Winston anyway! Still, she couldn't stop herself from accepting his invitation.
"I wouldn't mind to stay with you," she said hastily. "And I think coming to school with you would be interesting," she added. She wanted to see what his school would be like. Besides, she might learn something new!

"I guess we'd better get going," she said. "I'd like to take Kimmie and Leia to the Poké center. Would you mind to lead the way and show me where that is?" she asked.

Last edited by Gamernamerjj; November 11, 2012 at 09:13:20 PM.
Old November 11, 2012, 09:30:52 PM
Shaymin

It didn't take any time to reach the entrance of The Plains. At late-evening, though the streets and buildings were alive, the people were just sluggishly moving along. The town was moving fast but in a heavy manner. The Pokecenter was a city-block down north from where they were. "It is just straight down there." Winston said.
(I am just going to end it at you being at the PokeCenter)
They walked through they slowgoing City for 10 minutes before arrives at the automatic metal doors of the PokeCenter. It was a large building that looked few rounded at the edges. The bottom trim of it is a silver but the rest is orange and grey. People came in and out of the center every second, just showing how busy it must be inside.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 11, 2012 at 09:31:15 PM.
Old November 18, 2012, 03:26:51 PM
Haxorus

Willow paused a moment to appreciate the intriguing design of the building and then walked through the doors that slid open for her. As they walked through the doors, Willow turned slightly to ask Winston a question.
"How do they heal Pokémon here? I once heard they use some kind of machine. That's seems kind of weird to me. Is it true?"
Old November 18, 2012, 07:24:44 PM
Shaymin

Winston thought about it before saying one thing and it being wrong. "Those machines do exist, but they are really expensive and many Pokemon Centers can't afford them since they are non-profit. This one, like many others of this region use real healing techniques to replenish your Pokemon. Your's are only minorly damaged compared to some others so it will probably take twenty minutes to heal and all. Lets go find out." They walked past the crowd to the front test of the place. A women in a white outfit and pink hair occupied the front desk. "Welcome, how may I help you." She was awfully perky for someone who has to deal with people all day long. Her co-workers, who all had similar attributes, were all busy at the same elongated desk.