Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 19, 2010, 01:51:33 AM
Administrator

Default Pokémon Black and White Sprite Gallery

With many thanks to Eevee of veekun for providing the images and letting me use them, I have opened up the Pokémon Black and White Sprite Gallery. The gallery showcases the currently available sprite collection, which consists of the male versions of both normal and shiny front and back images. If you are on a slow connection, you can opt to hide generations to only show images from the generation you want.
Old September 19, 2010, 01:56:13 AM
Giratina

Awesome! I know a fair few spriters around here are dying to get their hands on these... :3

By the way: Just became 10x more awesome.
Old September 19, 2010, 02:24:07 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Totally agreed. I made a fusion of all 3 evolutions of this guy.

Last edited by RotomGuy; September 19, 2010 at 02:24:24 AM.
Old September 19, 2010, 10:16:20 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Wow. The shiny form of Shanderaa looks incredibly cool!
Anyways, thanks for putting those up, Cat. I'm sure many people, especially spriters, will appreciate that.

Last edited by Shadow; September 19, 2010 at 10:17:54 AM.
Old September 19, 2010, 05:46:08 PM
Charizard

@Cat333Pokemon, just be careful with these sprites as Nintendo's Lawyer requested for larger sites such as Serebii and Pokebeach to remove all 5th generation sprites.
It might be better if you removed this post from the front page as if Nintendo views your site and see's it they could try sue you.

Pokebeach Update, about letter from Nintendo:
e just received a letter from a Nintendo lawyer (edited to remove personal info obviously) asking to take down all of our Black and White images or bad stuff will happen. I called the lawyer through his law firm and he said he'll be making the rounds on other Pokemon sites as well. I was the first website on their list. I'm about to go out while Bangiras plays the game due to a small family emergency but I have 24 hours to remove the images, which means they'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon (Sunday). Joy! Anyways, we'll continue to play the game and report what we find like we've been doing.

Since us posting images of Black and White "has the potential to cause substantial damage to Nintendo," we have obviously complied with their wishes. All recent images of the games have been replaced by Ditto, a Pokemon from 1996 who we feel will best represent Pokemon's current image. We've also taken the liberty to change the name of this site to "PokerBeach" since we figured using "Poké" also has the chance of causing substantial damage to Nintendo's property. We hope that all English-speakers will remove images of Black and White from their websites, forums, blogs, YouTubes, Facebooks, instant messages, e-mails, homes, and minds since under law Nintendo has the right to declare any media they want, on any website they want, illegal and out of the domain of fair use [luckily criticism isn't]. We hope everyone will comply with their wishes or Pokemon may end up in the gutter, since covering and advertising new games for free is obviously counter-productive to Nintendo's sales. I mean, images of the games will obviously cost more damage than minor Isshus like this. Why go after the big guys when you can waste your lawyers' time on small fan sites that only help your franchise?
Old September 20, 2010, 04:24:27 AM
Haxorus

Thanks cat! you are awsome, now I can see all the sprites. (as if that wasn't obvious enough I could see the sprites since you posted this)
Old September 20, 2010, 06:40:48 AM
Kyurem

BADASS!!
Thanks Cat :3

Now I don't have one big ol' sprite sheet o.o
Old September 20, 2010, 07:08:32 AM
Rayquaza

Cat, I think you need to remove them. Serebii is also serious about it. I know the sprites are awesome, but they are serious about it for some reason. :\
Old September 20, 2010, 11:11:47 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Cat, I think you need to remove them. Serebii is also serious about it. I know the sprites are awesome, but they are serious about it for some reason. :\
no it probably only needs the b/w sprites to be removed