Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Fan Fiction and Literature

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 1, 2010, 10:33:05 AM
Charizard

Default Rescue Team meets Exploration Team

I've wanted a story to have these two, and if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Chapter 1: "Wait, I'm being relocated?" Charmeleon asked.
"Yes, to a place called Treasure town. You love your work so much, and this area no longer needs you, this is for the best. You might not like it at first, but that place has no Rescue teams for miles, and you should be happy with all the work there." Whiscash said.
"Okay. I'll leave first thing in the morning, but promise to send for me if this place gets out of hand." Charmeleon said.
"I promise. When you find a good place to set up, head to the guild. There, you'll find the job bulliten board, and also be able to catch criminals and outlaws. Say hello to the guildmaster as well." Whiscash said. The next morning, Charmeleon set off with two apples and an oran berry, and it took him three days to reach Treasure town.
"Nice place." Charmeleon said. He made a home for himself at Sharpedo bluff, and was not able to sleep soundly that night.
"I like the idea of a new area to help, but not so much if I have to leave my own home." Charmeleon said. The next morning, he went to the guild, greeting the townsfolk as they greeted him.

"Attention! We will be having a guest drop by the guild for our job bulliten board, so please don't bother him during his stay, and do not let me catch any of you doing anything to disturb his work." Chatot said.
"Oh my gosh! If Chatot is this worked up, he must be really important." Sunflora said.
"He is very important, one of a kind here. He has been moved by the wisdom of his town elder, Whiscash, and is a one pokemon team." Chatot said.
"A one pokemon team? He MUST be strong." Loudred said.
"I can't wait to meet him." Pikachu said.
"Me niether!" Bulbasour said.
"Team Comet, did you not hear a word I just said?" Chatot asked.
"Yeah, but can't we atleast get a look at the guy?" Pikachu asked.
"By golly, he's right. When is this guy going to be here?" Bidoof asked.
"He should be arriving shortly." Chatot said.
"Pokemon detected! Pokemon detected!" Diglett said. Loudred went over to the Sentry hole.
"Who's footprint? Who's footprint?" Loutdred asked.
"The footprint belongs to Charmeleon! The footprint belongs to Charmeleon!" Diglett said.
"That's him let him in!" Chatot said.

"That was really wierd, but okay." Charmeleon said. The gate infront of him opened and he went inside and climbed down the ladders.

"Everyone, this is Charmeleon." Chatot said. The guild members rushed to him, gathering around him asking questions such as "Where are you from?""What is your team name?""What rank are you?"
"Settle down! I believe I specifically said not to bother him!" Chatot said.
"It's fine. Whiscash said there were no Rescue teams for miles, yet here these guys are." Charmeleon said.
"Wait, what?"
"What did he say?"
"Rescue teams? What are those?"
"Wait, if you're not Rescue teams, then what are you?" Charmeleon asked.
"We're exploration teams. We explore mystery dungeons, and take treasure burried in them." Pikachu said.
"Exploration teams? This is what are in this area? Now I know why Whiscash sent me here, the pokemon are more worried about treasure!" Charmeleon said.
"Okay hot shot, what is a Rescue team?" Bulbasour asked.
"A Rescue team is a team of pokemon that goes into mystery dungeons and helps pokemon in need. I've rescued many pokemon in my career, and was sent here to continue my work." Charmeleon said.
"Everyone, please leave him alone." Chatot said. He didn't have to say it again, as the pokemon moved away from him, unsure what to think of him.
"Um, perhaps you should get started now." Chatot said.
"Yeah, I guess I should." Charmeleon said. He climbed the ladder, and as soon as he did, the pokemon were all talking at once.
"I'm not sure what to think. How could anyone not like exploring?"
"Yeah, but his work is very inspiring."
"But don't forget what he said about us."
"Quiet! He has gotten to work, so the rest of you should as well." Chatot said.
"HOORAY!" They said, and went to work.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:46:25 AM
Charizard

Chapter 2: "He has been here for two days, yet hasn't said a word to us since he first saw us." Bulbasour said.
"I know, I'm not sure what to make of him." Pikachu said.
"Let's wait until he goes out to work, then follow him." Bulbasour said.
"Good idea. We'll see if he is the real deal or not." Pikachu said. They went up to the jobs, and pretended to be looking at the board while keeping a eye on Charmeleon. Charmeleon took down a job and left, Team Comet at his heels.
"Where did he go?" Bulbasour asked.
"According to this, he went to Shimmer hill." Pikachu said, looking at the sign. It wasn't until the second floor they got a glimse of him, and followed his movements. On the 17th floor, Charmeleon wasn't going after the stairs, but looking around the floor.
"Finally. I thought he'd never stop!" Bulbasour whispered. Staying close behind him, Pikachu and Bulbasour were tracking his every movements until Charmeleon stopped to encounter an injured Swablu.
"Here we go little guy." Charmeleon said. He grabbed Swablu and used an Escape orb to beam them back to the guild, Team Comet doing the same. At the guild, Pikachu and Bulbasour were still spying on Charmeleon.
"Thank you so much for saving me!" Swablu said.
"It's what I was born to do." Charmeleon said. Swablu started to hand him a reward, but Charmeleon interupted her.
"I don't accept rewards. What I find in dungeons is plenty to keep me going." Charmeleon said. Pikachu and Bulbasour gasped.
"He really is a rescuer, and he doesn't even accpet awards!" Pikachu said.
"We have to tell the others about this!" Bulbasour said. Later that evening, during dinner, Pikachu and Bulbasour told their fellow guild members about Charmeleon.
"Now maybe you will show respect for our guest." Chatot said.
"We should extend an invitation!" Wigglytuff said. Everyone looked at him and he continued.
"We are planning and expidition, adn with his power, we should be able to come back with everyone safe, as well as a lot of treasure."
"But Guildmaster, he'll never accept. He doesn't care about treasure, just rescuing." Bulbasour said.
"SOMETHING isn't right about HIM. Who would pass up TREASURE?" Loudred said.
"Maybe if we argue enough, he'll agree." Chatot said. The next day, Charmleoen arrived to get some jobs for the day, until Chatot approached him.
"Charmeleon, could I see you in the Guildmaster's quarters?" Chatot asked.
"Okay, but this better be quick. The sooner I get out there, the sooner some pokemon will be better off." Charmeleon said. In the Guildmaster's room, Wigglytuff was asleep when they came in.
"Guildmaster? Guildmaster? Guildmaster!" Chatot yelled.
"Hmm? Oh yeah, Charmeleon. We hope you'll take into careful consideeration about the prospect of joining us on our expidition." Wigglytuff said.
"...No." Charmeleon said.
"Let me explain. Our entire guild will be exploring a very dangerous area, and need the aid of a strong ally like you." Wigglytuff said.
"No." Charmeleon said again.
"Perhaps you aren't hearing him. The Guildmaster is extending a formal invitation to accompany us on a treasure filled trip, a once in a life time invitation!" Chatot said.
"No!" Charmeleon yelled.
"I see the problem. You don't agree with our prioritiesm but consider this. You don't know the area we're going to, and thepokemon there could be in trouble. If you go with us, you'll have access to that area, and the pokemon in need as well." Wigglytuff said. Charmeleon froze, pondering this.
"Put that way...fine. But let's get one thing straight right here and now. I'm in this to help pokemon, not for the treasure, got it?" Charmeleon asked.
"Crystal clear. We'll be heading out tomorrow, so be sure to get a good nights sleep." Wigglytuff said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:46:57 AM
Charizard

Chapter 3: "Attention please! We will begin grouping when everyon eis present." Chatot said.
"Wait, the whole guild is here. Who is left?" Diglett asked.
"Why, our ally o this expidition of course." Chatot said smiling.
"Hold on, you don't meam that he-"
"Agreed? As a matter of fact, he did." Chatot said.
"Yippee! Who will get to partner up with him?" Sunflora asked.
"Hold your Horsea(hah, bad pun alert) will you? Ah, here he is now." Chatot said.
"Okay, let's get started. The sooner this thing ends, the sooner I can get back to my rescue work." Charmeleon said.
"Yes, of course. Now then, we will be setting off for Ruin cave, recently uncovered by an earthquake. Vast treasure is said to be in store for any who can claim it, but there are numerous pokemon and traps to get past, as well as being in remote area. Everyone, take out your Wonder maps." Chatot said. Pikachu and Bulbasour went over to Charmeleon and shared theirs, since he didn't have one himself.
"Now, at the top most part of your maps, Ruin cave lies in the area surrounded by rocks and sand. We are quite far from it, and will therefore split up into groups and make a base camp in the small grassy area at the south of the sandy area. Guildmaster and myself will travel as a pair."
"Boring." Wigglytuff murmured.
"Sunflora, Corfish, and Bidoof will act as a team. Loudred will go with Croagunk, Diglett and Dugdrio will go together with Chimecho." Chatot said.
"Yay, that means that we get to be-"
"Going together without anyone else." Chatot said.
"What? But we are the only one left to pair up with him!" Bulbasour said.
"He is a one pokemon Rescue team because he works alone, and it was one of the only ways to convince him to occompany us." Chatot said.
"I prefer to work and travel alone, nothing personal." Charmeleon said.
"Okay everyone, move out after choosing your route." Chatot said. Once everyone huddled together to make sure they didn't take the same route as anyone else, they set off for Ruin cave. A few hours later, Pikachu and Bulbasour were at the Apple woods entrance, taking a break.
"Glad we took this route. We can stock up on food here, and catch our breath in a safe spot." Pikachu said.
"That was the plan. Let's take a look at our map and see how far we still have to go tomorrow." Bulbasour said.
"What? We still have about another two day journey at this rate." Pikachu said.
"Wow, we are going to be the last one's there at this pace. What are we going to do?" Bulbasour asked.
"I don't know. How about we- look! Charmeleon!" Pikachu said. Bulbasour turned just in time to see Charmeleon's tale flame dissappear from view into the woods.
"He must have chosen the same route as us, lucky huh?" Bulbasour said.
"Yeah. But why is he still going at this time of day?" Pikachu asked.
"Well, if he can tough it out, so can we. He'll probably set up for the night in an hour or so anyway." Bulbasour said. They followed Charmeleon into the woods and caught up with him in no time. After following him deep into the woods, they saw him picking Perfect apples from the tree and putting them into his bag, then he set up some wood and lit it up with Flamethrower.
"What do we do now?" Pikachu muttered.
"I don't know, I didn't think we'd get this far." Bulbasour responded.
"You two can come out now, you really need to work on your stealth by the way." Charmeleon said.
"Dang, how did you know we were here?" Pikachu asked.
"I can see from the corner of my eye as well, where you two were the whole time, plus I heard your footsteps on the leaves." Charmeleon said.
"Dang. You are good." Bulbasour said.
"Why are you following me?" Charmeleon asked.
"We weren't at first, but we saw you enter Apple woods and then we were following you." Pikachu said.
"I guess we chose the same route by mistake. Ah well, can't be helped." Charmeleon said.
"So we can go the rest of the way with you?" BUlbasour asked excitedly.
"Only if you promise not to get in my way, and not to slow me down." Charmeleon said.
"We promise!" They said together.
"Good. I have to ask, what do you two see in exploring?" Charmeleon asked.
"We love the thrill of adventure, the thrill of discovering things no one else has, and the prospect of finding treasure is so exciting. What do you see in rescuing?" Pikachu asked.
"I love being able to save pokemon in need, being able to see them reuinite with loved ones, and being reasured that they will sleep safely tonight, and knowing that I'm the one who did it, that is what gets me going." Charmeleon said.
"Wow, that is so great!" Bulbasour said.
"You know, I can't figure you two out. At first, you were giving me the cold shoulder for being a rescuer, now you are acting like I'm a hero." Charmeleon said.
"Well, you are. We saw you rescue that Swablu, then decline the reward, and that was really great of you." Pikachu said.
"I thought I heard someone following me then." Charmeleon said.
"Look, the point is, you really are a hero. You would fitin so much better with us if you weren't so against Exploration teams." Bulbasour said.
"Look, Exploration teams seem tough enough, yet they spend their time looking for treasure instead of helping out pokemon in need, the main reason why I was relocated here." Charmeleon said.
"When you put it that way, you make us sound like greedy pirates that don't care about anything but treasure." Pikachu said.
"Maybe that's how I view Exploration teams to be. Now, time to sleep. Long way ahead of us tomorrow." Charmeleon said. The next morning, Charmeleon woke Pikachu and Bulbasour up, then headed for their destination again. Pikachu and Bulbasour didn't talk much, still thinking about what Charmeleon said about Exploration teams, which was just fine with Charmeleon. They reached the base camp within a day and a half, Charmeleon waking up earlier than Pikachu and Bulbasour would have liked, and were indeed the last to arrive.
"There you two are. I should have guessed when our guest wasn't here that you two were slowing him down." Chatot said. Charmeleon didn't say anything as he put down his stuff and pulled out an apple to eat.
"Okay, gather around, Charmeleon, please wait until I'm done, then you may eat as much as you wish." Chatot said. Grunting, Charmeleon out his apple back and turned to face Chatot.
"Thank you. Now, after our travels, the Guildmaster and myself have gathered intel about Ruin cave, and we have some bad news. It is said to be guarded by the two legendary pokemon Latios and Latias, and only after defeating htem in battle may you obtain the treasure." Chatot said.
"So what? WE can beat them NO PROBLEM." Loudred said.
"Yes problem! Latios and Latias are extremely fast, and are both dragon and psychic types, therefore posing a great problem. We must figure out a way to get past them without incident." Chatot said.
"Wow, really? This is a reason whhy I view Exploration teams as pirates!" Charmeleon wanted to scream, but bit his tongue and managed to hold it back.
"Um, I have an idea." Bidoof said.
"Oh really? Let's here it." Chatot said.
"Um, what if we all attacked at once, then kept up the attacks until they faint?" Bidoof said.
"That might work actually. Any objections?" Chatot asked. Charmeleon was biting so hard that he accidently set off Fire fang, trying not to say anything about the obvious flaw.
"Okay everyone, charge!" Chatot said, leading them in. Charmeleon took the rear, as did Pikachu and Bulbasour. Within a few minutes, they heard a swoosh, and the wind force nearly knocked them all over, except for Charmeleon who was already bracing himself.
"You who dare enter our home"
"Shall must face it's guardians"
"To take our treasure"
"As your own"
"Who is THERE?" Loudred asked.
"Latios!"
"And Latias!" A pink dragon and a blue dragon appeared, and were charging up what looked like a Dragon pulse.
"Everyone, attack!" Wigglytuff said. Everyone who could launched their long range attacks, and they merged together and struck Latios and Latias with a big explosion. When the smoke cleared, Latios and Latias weren't where they were suppossed to be.
"By golly, did we destroy them?" Biddof panicked.
"Did you believe you could beat us that easily?" The guild turned around and saw Latios and Latias behind them, still charging their attacks.
"This would fall under the category of pokemon in trouble, I guess." Charmeleon said. Latios and Latias fired their attacks, and while the guild braced themselves, Charmeleon stuck out his hands and caught them both.
"Impossible!" Latios said.
"Excuse me, did you two drop these?" Charmeleon asked, throwing them both back. Latios and Latias were hit and fell to the floor. When they got back up, they weren't getting an attack charged.
"You who have bested us"
"Take our treasure, for"
"You have earned it" With that, they dissapeared, and the guild cheered and lifted Charmeleon up, though putting him back down quickly due to his tail.
"Squack! That was brilliant!" Chatot said.
"By golly, who knew you were so strong?!" Bidoof said.
"HOW come you were hiding that kind of power from us, huh?" Loudred asked.
"Please, just get the treasure so we can go home." Charmeleon said. And with that, they got the treasure, which was a lot of items for specific pokemon, as well as many golden coins and one box on top of the pile of coins. The guild finally wore Charmeleon down, and he recieved the box, but didn't open it.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:47:36 AM
Charizard

Chapter 4: "Aren't you going to open it?" Pikachu asked. The guild was back at Treasure town, and reminising about the expidition, and they were all curious about the box.
"You gave me the box, and I'll open it when I want to." Charmeleon said.
"You mean to tell me you aren't even the slightest bit curious to see what you were given?" Bulbasour asked.
"Well, I can't say that. I mean, if Latios and Latias were guarding it, it must be something really good, but I'll see what it is when I do." Charmeleon said. He then left the guild, leaving everyone to ponder the contents of the box.
"Okay everyone, enough dilly dallying. The expidition is over, and with great sucess, but time for bed." Chatot said.
"You can't fool anyone Chatot. YOU are curious about that box too." Loudred said.
"So what if I am?" Chatot asked.
"Nothing, GOOD night." Loudred said. The next day, Charmeleon came to the guild for his daily jobs, and the guild pounced on him to open the box.
"Okay! Just so you'll get off my back, I'll open the box. Luckily I brought it with me." Charmeleon said. He opened the box so at first, only he could see what it held, then closed it, his face completly dissapointed.
"Well!?!" The guild asked.
"You won't believe this, but appearantly, this group called Team Charm beat us there and the box holds an autograph of them." Charmeleon said, showing everyone.
"Well, not what we were expecting, but can I have it?" Diglett asked.
"Wait, why YOU?" Loudred asked. Soon the guild was argueing about the autograph, until Charmeleon got their attention.
"Allow me to remedy the situation." Charmeleon said. He then held the paper to his face at arms length, then burned it.
"WHY did you do that?" Loudred asked.
"Why not? Now, excuse me, but I have work to do." Charmeleon said. Leaving the guild members stunned, he headed off for his daily duties.
"He-HE just burned an autograph of Team Charm!" Loudred said.
"Oh well, easy come easy go. Come on, time to get to work as well." Chatot said.
"...Hooray."
"Come on, show more spirit than that, we maybe getting a visit from them." Chatot said.
"REALLY?!? HOORAY!" The guild said, then went of to their duities.
"Guildmaster, could you kindly contact Team Charm? I have a request that I'm sure they would accept." Chatot said. A few days later, Charmeleon came to the guild submerged floor 1, but found it strangly empty.
"Hello?" Charmeleon said. He heard something from below, and climbed down to investigate. When he did climb down, he saw the guild members huddled around three pokemon, but he couldn't identify them.
"What is going on?" Charmeleon asked.
"TEAM Charm is here, boy are we lucky!" Loudred said.
"Ah, here he is now. Spread out, spread out, make way. Team Charm, this is the rescuer, Charmeleon." Chatot said.
"Lovely to meet your aquantence." Gardevour said.
"Likewise." Charmeleon said simply.
"Chatot tells us that you are quite adament about your work, but have so much potential to be a great and famous explorer." Lopunny said.
"I trust he also mentioned I'm not after fame or fortune, just helping pokemon?" Charmeleon said, glaring at Chatot.
"Not interested in fame or fortune? Not even a little bit? Impossible, I refuse to believe you." Medicham said.
"Are you dare calling me a greedy liar?" Charmeleon said agressively.
"Perhaps, perhaps not. The point is, you are lucky enough to experience the thrill of exploring by going on a mission with us." Lopunny said.
"I'd rather not." Charmeleon said, and he turned to walk away.
"Squak! How could you brush off a once in a life time invite from the beautiful and talented Team Charm?!?" Chatot asked. Charmeleon stopped, turned around, looked at the entire guild and stopped at Team Charm.
"You all see a team of brilliant and beautiful ladies who you would do just about anything to get their attention. I see just another Exploration team wasting it's time on treasure hunting." Charmeleon said, then left for his work.
"Wating our time are we? What on earth is his deal?" Lopunny asked.
"He isn't exactly on board with the idea of Exploration teams. He feels they waste time searching for treasure while we could be helping pokemon that need it. In fact, he told us that since this area doesn't have any Rescue teams, he was relocated here to fill the spot." Pikachu said.
"Huh, so I guess he isn't such a bad guy after all. He just needs to expeirence the thrill of exploring, then we would all get along just fine." Medicham said.
"Well, that was why I requested your audience. I had hoped you would be able to get his attention, but he doesn't seem interested in anything but rescuing." Chatot said.
"Then why not take him on an exploaration trip, but tell him there is a pokemon in distress?" Wigglytuff said.
"No, that wouldn't work. I'd be running through the dundgeon too fast to be enjoying exploring." Charmeleon said.
"Darn, that goes that idea. Wait, what about we ask him to assisst us on our missions?" Bulbasour asked.
"Nah, I'm busy with my own work, then I'd think you were incapable of doing your own work, let alone the work I do." Charmeleon said.
"Wow, you are a hard pokemon to trick." Pikachu said.
"Yep." Charmeleon said.
"Well, how about-Ah!" Pikachu said.
"Oh, so you finally realized I was here, huh?" Charmeleonsaid, his tone not pleasant.
"Charmeleon, just hold on." Bulbasour said.
"Seems to me that my message didn't get through. Let me tell it again. I. Will. Not. Become. An. Explorer!" Charmeleon said, putting emphasis on each word.
"Seems to me that you just don't want to try new things." Gardevour said.
"Okay, I just got through telling them my message, must I say it again? Leave me alone to my work!" Charmeleon said, and left for reall this time on his mission.
"That settles it, we must find a way to get him to explore." Chatot said.
"Count us in. If we got him to become an explorer, he could join our team, and we would be able to show him the be adventures of his life." Lopunny said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:48:07 AM
Charizard

Chapter 5: That night...
"Hey Pikachu?" Bulbasour asked.
"Yeah?" Pikachu said.
"I'm not sure we should be trying to change Charmeleon." Bulbasour said.
"Same here. If he does become an explorer, what will happen to the pokemon in this area? Looking back, Treasure town has never been this happy or safe. When you look back, there were actually a lot of missing pokemon, and now a lot of them are back." Pikachu said.
"Yeah, my point exactly. I wonder if he can rescue Electivire?" Bulbasour said.
"Don't get ahead of yourself. Electivire has been missing for months since he went to the Northern Desert." Pikachu said.
"Just wondering. I also wonder what it would be like to be Charmeleon, just for a day." Bulbasour said.
"Who knows? Anyway, we better get some sleep for tomorrow." Pikachu said. Hours later, just as the sun was begining to rise, the guild's emergency siren went off and everyone ran out of their rooms.
"Diglett, what is the matter?" Chatot asked.
"Debuty Magnemite wants us to meet in the town square, and bring a lot of medicine, but didn't say why." Diglett said. After gathering a lot of medicine, the guild rushed to the town square. Making their way through the crowd, they saw Charmeleon kneeling beside Electivire, who was beaten badly, and they were both covered in sand.
"Squack! What happened?" Chatot asked.
"Hey hey, looks like Charmeleon actually found Electivire!" Corphish said.
"But...how?!?" Chatot asked. After coughing out some sand, Charmeleon asked for some water, which Pikachu and Bulbasour quickly retrieved.
"ZZT! Good thing you found him, otherwise he wouldn't have lasted another day ZZT!" Magnemite said. Charmeleon gulped down the water and nodded.
"Now, could you please explain how you managed to find, on your first try, a pokemon who had eluded the best tracking team we could get?" Chatot asked.
"Water. Lots and lots of water." Charmeleon said simply.
"How could water help find him in a desert?" Pikachu asked.
"Well, ground absorbs electricity, but the ground at the desert was loose, and didn't absorb it quick enough. For months, the electricity Electivire was emitting from his body was zooming through the loose soil, but was very faint. As you know, water conducts electricity, and by pouring it on the ground, then feeling it, I could tell where he had been. The electricity zooms through the ground, to the water, and shocks who touches it. The stroner the shock, the closer I was to finding him. I have to say, he was really deep in there, which is why it took me all night. When I finally found him, he was pretty banged up, and half covered in sand, so I used the Escape orb and got him here as soon as I could." Charmeleon explained.
"Such tracking skills!" Lopunny said.
"ZZT! Sorry if our siren woke you up ZZT!" Magnemite said.
"Think nothing of it. It is a pleasure to see that thanks to Charmeleon, our town is once again reunited with Electivire." Lopunny said.
"Well, if we get him medicine, and if he takes it easy, he should be just fine in, perhaps a few weeks. Now if you'll excuse me, it has been a long night, and I'm very tired." Charmeleon said, then left for some well deserved sleep.
"I think we should all be getting back to bed. Back to the guild." Chatot said. Once back, no one could get to sleep, and they all met up in Pikachu and Bulbasour's room to talk.
"I can't believe he found Electivire!" Pikachu said.
"Oh my gosh, me neither!" Sunflora said.
"By golly, he sure is amazing, using water to find an electric type in a desert." Bidoof said.
"Yeah, but maybe we should follow his lead and try to get some sleep." Bulbasour said. They left for their rooms, but they knew that the entire guild was awake, even Chatot.
"Such tracking skills, better than any we've got. If he became an explorer, he could find any treasure he wanted!" Chatot said.
"But does he want to?" Wigglytuff asked.
"He hasn't even given our trade a chance. I'm sure that once he does, he'll love it." Chatot said. An hour later, the guild met up for the morning, and set off for their daily work.
"Lets go get some jobs from the board, shall we?" Pikachu said. They went to the board and looked over their side. Since Charmeleon came, the board was divided into two sections: one side for explorer work, and one side for rescue work. Luckily for Charmeleon, the rescue side was empty for now.
"Hmm, how about this job?" Bulbasour asked.
"Stand clear! Stand clear!" Dugtrio said.
"Dang, thought we'd beat him to it." Pikachu said. They stood back and the board flipped around. When it flipped back, they were about to resume their search for a job when something caught their attention.
"Uh-oh. Someone put up a rescue job." Pikachu said.
"Well, maybe it isn't a crisis and can wait until he gets up." Bulbasour said. They took a look at it, and immediatly knew it was important, because it was labled a *1 mission.
"Well, there goes that hope. Let's see, it says: Please help now! Desperatly nees assisstance in escaping the group of hostile pokemon in Shimmer Hill, can't wait very long!" Pikachu read.
"We better get Charmeleon now!" Bulbasour said.
"No time! We have to do it, otherwise this pokemon could get in some serious trouble!" Pikachu said.
"But we aren't rescuers, we're explorers!" Bulbasour said.
"Oh well! Now, are you coming or not?" Pikachu asked. Bulbasour sighed and followed him to Shimmer Hill.
"It says on the 13th floor, we'll find the client, a Caterpie." Pikachu said.
"Geez, a *1 mission. We aren't even ready for something like this, we're only Silver rank!" BUlbasour said.
"So what? Come on, I see the stairs." Pikachu said. On the 11th floor, they encountered trouble with a group of Bagon, and barely managed to fend them off.
'Wow, close one!" Pikachu said.
"See my point now?" Bulbasour asked.
"But we're so close! There's the stairs, we're almost there." Pikachu said. On the 12th floor, they passed with no trouble, and came to the stair leading up to the 13th floor.
"Okay, here we go." Pikachu said. When they got up, they saw a large group of Bagon surrounding a Caterpie, getting ready for an attack.
"How are we going to get past all of them?" Bulbasour asked.
"You still know Sleep Powder, right?" Pikachu asked.
"Oh, why didn't I think of that?" Bulbasour said. They crept as close as they dared, then Bulbasour let loose his Sleep Powder, covering all of the Bagon, and putting them to sleep, though he hit Caterpie as well.
"Well, he probably needed some sleep after that ordeal." Pikachu said. They warped out using their badges, and carried Caterpie back to the guild and woke him up.
"Huh? Where am I? You aren't Charmeleon, who are you?" Caterpie asked.
"It's okay, you're in the guild, we rescued you." Pikachu said.
"Really? Thanks a bunch!" Caterpie said.
"Hey Pikachu, I'm starting to feel something, what about you?" Bulbasour said.
"Yeah, I feel it too. This must be the feeling Charmeleon gets after he saves a pokemon. And you know what else? It feels pretty good." Pikachu said.
"Yeah, it does. Being Charmeleon is pretty cool." Bulbasour said.
"Well, there is one more thing we have to do to really feel like Charmeleon." Pikachu said.
"Oh, the hard part." Bulbasour said. Caterpie was just about to ask what their reward should be, when they said they didn't want a reward. Caterpie made sure they were certain, then left for his home.
"There, now that feels really good." Pikachu said.
"Yeah it does. Well, off to dinner then bed. Tomorrow, it's back to exploring again for us." Bulbasour said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:48:39 AM
Charizard

Chapter 6: As Charmeleon was approaching the guild, Pelliper swooped by him and flew down the guild.
"Wonder what that's about." Chamreleon said, and went to the bottom of the guild. Everyone was gathered, and the mail was distributed.
"Team Comet, two packages for you." Chatot said.
"Wonder why there's two." Pikachu said. He and Bulbasour opened the first one labled: Exploration Team Federation: Rank and Badge
"Wow, look at this! We're gold rank now!" Bulbasour said. They admired their badges for awhile, then turned to their other package, then jerked with shock.
"What's the matter?" Chatot asked.
"Um, Chatot? How many points does it take to go from Normal rank to Bronze rank?" Pikachu asked.
"About 150, why do you ask?" Chatot asked.
"No reason in particular. I think we''l open this one in private." Pikachu said.
"Well, alright, but hurry, you two have jobs for the day." Chatot said. Pikachu and Bulbasour rushed to their room, and looked nervously at the box.
"A *1 mission is worth 150 points, why didn't we think of that?" Bulbasour asked. Pikachu opened the box and found two bronze colored badges labled:Rescue Team Comet, as well as a letter.
"It says: Dear Team Comet, we are both surprised and pleased that an Exploration team would take the time to do a rescue mission, and we hope we can count on you again in the future. Signed, Rescue Team Federation." Pikachu read.
"Well, what now?" Bulbasour asked.
"I don't know. Should we talk to Chatot about this, or Charmeleon, or write back saying it was all a misunderstanding and send the badges back? I just don't know." Pikachu said.
"I think we have a choice to make." Bulbasour said.
"No. We'll just hide the badges and continue our exploring work like this never happened." Pikachu said.
"But what if someone finds them?" Bulbasour asked.
"Not if we hide it well enough." Pikachu said.
"Where can we hide it though?" Bulbasour asked. Pikachu looked around their tiny, bare room, and sighed.
"Well, I guess we'll have to tell Chatot." Pikachu said. They left and asked Chatot to talk in private.
"Okay, now that you've dragged me here, what is so important it can't wait?" Chatot asked. Pikachu and Bulbasour looked at each other, then showed their new badges to Chatot.
"Rescue team? But, that cannot possibly be correct! When did you two do any rescue wrok?" Chatot asked.
"Yesterday, we went to Shimmer Hill on a *1 mission to save a Caterpie from a group of Bagon. We managed to do it using Sleep Powder, then got out of the dungeon." Pikachu said.
"Well, I have some serious thinking to do. For now, just get some EXPLORING work done." Chatot said fiercely. They ran off to the board and quickly selected a job from their side, and left immediately.
"Wonder what's got them so rialed up." Charmeleon said, then turned his attention back to the jobs.
"Charmeleon, could I see you for a quick second?" Chatot said in a forced calm tone.
"One missisippi." Charmeleon said, then grabbed the job off and turned to leave, but Chatot was determined to talk to him, for he flew on top of his head.
"Now then, I have something to tell you that you might want to hear. Team Comet, Pikachu and Bulbasour, have done something recently that has got me thinking about this whole thing about you being here." Chatot said.
"And what might that be? By the way, even if you are on my head, I'm still going." Charmeleon said.
"Team Comet has accomplished a *1 rescue mission, and become certified Bronze rank Rescue team members." Chatot blurted out. Charmeleon froze in his tracks, knocking Chatot off his head.
"Are you sure?" Charmeleon asked.
"Positive. They showed me their badges, and they looked lagit." Chatot said.
"How could you tell? I'm the only one here that has truley seen a real badge from the Rescue team federation, so when they return, I'll determine if it's real or not. Now, I have work to do." Charmeleon said, then left. That afternoon, Charmeleon returned to the guild to see Chatot pacing impatiently infront of Team Comet.
"Show me." Charmeleon said. pIkachu and Bulbasour stuck out their badges, and Charmeleon looked hard at them.
"Well I'll be. You two really are a certified Rescue team." Charmeleon said happily.
"Yeah, and we didn't even accept a reward." Pikachu said, a small hint of pride in his voice.
"No kidding? Wow, I really misjudged you two." Charmeleon said, grinning widely.
"Why are you so happy?!?" Chatot yelled.
"Because, even if these tow decide to go back to exploring, they have known the feeling of saving a pokemon." Charmeleon said.
"And it felt really good too." Bulbasour said.
"Well, for the time being, you two still have broken the guild rule of doing jobs for other pokemon. You two are, regretfully, suspended for three weeks." Chatot said.
"What?!? You are punishing them for saving a pokemon?" Charmeleon raged.
"Those jobs were meant for you, not them, and the rules are quite clear on that matter. I'm sorry, but for the next three weeks, they cannot operate as an Exploaration team." Chatot said.
"Chatot, please don't!" Pikachu pleaded.
"Sorry, but hand them over." Chatot said grimly. He took their gold colored badges, and ordered them to leave.
"Well, now what?" Bulbasour asked.
"Now, we get to work." Pikachu said. Confused, he pointed at Charmeleon, then he got the idea.
"Charmeleon, how would you like to form a new team with us, as you the team leader?" Pikachu asked.
"Depends on the team." Charmeleon said.
"Well, we can't be an Exploration team, can we? So, what other choice is there?" Bulbasour asked.
"Hmm. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a team player." Charmeleon said.
"Oh, well then, could you give us lessons on being a Rescue team?" Pikachu asked.
"That I can do." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:49:16 AM
Charizard

Chapter 7: "Alright, wait here while I get some jobs for the day." Charmeleon said. He went inside and grabbed all three jobs up on the board.
"Okay, I'll take the *6 mission in the Zero Island East, while you two take these two S ranked jobs for Mt. Horn." Charmeleon said.
"*6 mission?!?" Bulbasour exclaimed.
"Yeah. No big deal for a Master rank." Charmeleon said.
"Master rank?!?" Pikachu exclaimed.
"I've been at this a long time, and I got a lot of points, so yeah I'm Master rank." Charmeleon said. With that, they set off for their jobs, Pikachu and Bulbasour feeling different knowing they're willingly going on a rescue mission instead of their normal exploration work.

"Lopunny, I think we need a strategy, and quickly." Gardevour said.
"Yeah. Not only is Charmeleon still doing his rescue work, he has influenced two explorers into his line of work." Medicham said.
"Well, Chatot, any ideas?" Lopunny asked.
"Not a one. I 'm clueless." Chatot said. They sighed heavely, and Team Charm left, trying to think of any idea, though each one was worse than the last.
"Guildmaster, how can we possibly recruit him now?" Chatot asked.
"Umm, I don't know." Wigglytuff said.
"No one seems to." Chatot said.
"Chatot, before you think of ant more ideas, look at what he's done. He has saved many pokemon, even found Electivire, which no one could do. Are you sure you want to take him away from that?" Wigglytuff asked.
"Point taken, but perhaps we could have him as an explorer and a rescuer." Chatot said.
"He sure is focused on one thing." Wigglytuff said.
"That he is. Determination, strength, excellent tracking, perfect qualities for an explorer." Chatot said.
"Also for a rescuer." Wigglytuff said.
"I hear what you are trying to tell me, but if he would compromise for being even a part time explorer, he would be extremely famous." Chatot said.
"Chatot, maybe the problem isn't that he won't try our way, but we won't try his way." Wigglytuff said.
"But Guildmaster, we're running a guild for explorers, not rescuers." Chatot said.
"True, but look at Team Comet. They did one mission, and they said they felt a special feeling, and loved it. I know some great rescuers, and could invite them to the guild to offer a program to teach the guild about being a rescuer. Maybe then Charmeleon would give our way a chance." Wigglytuff said.
"Great idea Guildmaster. I'll tell Team Charm, and-oh, when will your guests be arriving?" Chatot asked.
"I have to ask them first." Wigglytuff said. The next day, Charmeleon came for his jobs when Pelipper flew past him and to the Guildmaster.
"Not my business." Charmeleon said.
'Hold on, hold on!" Chatot said. Charmeleon stopped, and waited for Chatot, though Charmeleon's face showed he wasn't very happy with him.
"Still upset about our rules I see, but listen to this. The Guildmaster, in his widom, has invited some rescuers, famous for their work by the way, to teach the guild what it's like to be a rescuer, and they will arrive in four days time. Team Comet and yourself are invited as well." Chatot said.
"Well well. This would be good for them, and I might even know these guys. I'll tell them, but who are they anyway?" Charmeleon asked.
"The Guildmaster wishes it to remain a surprise." Chatot said.
"You don't even know, do you?" Charmeleon said.
"...No." Chatot grunted. Charmeleon left, and told Pikachu adn Bulbasour the news.
"Awesome! This could help us learn about rescuing a lot." Pikachu said.
"Yeah, but before you attend, I have a question for you two. When you are able to be an Exploration team again, what will you do?" Charmeleon asked. They began to answer, but stopped short.
"I thought so. If you are serious about rescuing, I expect to see you at the meeting. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're doing." Charmeleon said. He handed them some jobs, and left, leaving them standing there, both thinking about Charmeleon's question. Four days later, Charmeleon went to the guild, not seeing Pikachu or Bulbasour anywhere.
"Humph. I thought they were different." Charmeleon said, and went in. When he arrived, he saw Pikachu and Bulbasour already there, sitting and talking to the guild members.
"Spoke too soon." Charmeleon said, pleasantly surprised.
"So, what's it LIKE being a Rescue team?" Loudred asked.
"Well, it feels really good, and in a way, we explore more than we ever did. We're paying much more attention to the dungeon's we go in, to find supplies because we don't accept rewards, and we find a lot of rare and cool stuff. We found a Joy Ribbon embedded inside a wall, and found a Gold Ribbon next to it. We even found a few gold coins at Shimmer Hill buried deep in the grass. Bulbasour found them actually, insisting there was something beneath his feet." Pikachu said.
"And I was right mister 'You're too sensitive'." Bulbasour said.
"I said sorry." Pikachu said. They all laughed until Chatot came out, and had them be silent.
"Now then, it is with great pleasure that I intriduce the famour Rescue team, Team A.C.T.!" Chatot said. Alakazam, Charizard, and Tyranitar entered, and took their place infront of the guild.
"Ah, Team A.C.T.. Nice to see you again." Charmeleon said.
"Charmeleon, always a pleasure." Charizard said.
"Wait, you really do know them?" Chatot asked.
"Ofcourse. They did start their team before I did, but I rose through the ranks very quickly, and grabbed their attention. I was invited to travel with them for awhile, and we saved many pokemon together." Charmeleon said.
"Now, to business. We are the Hyper rank reacue team, A.C.T.. Are there any questions you might have?" Alakazam asked.
"YEAH, why do you have to refuse getting a reward after missions?" Loudred asked.
"Hmm? Oh, still being his noble self I see. You don't have to refuse a reward, but being greedy is a terrible thing for rescuers. If you're in it just for the reward, you might as well turn in your badge, becasue there is no place for greedy pirates among the ranks of a Rescue team." Alakazam said.
"Greedy pirates?" Sunflora asked.
"Yeah, no reason for anyone who claims to be a rescuer to only do missions that give high rewards." Tyranitar said. The guild members looked at each other, each remembering what Pikachu had told them about Charmeleon's opinion of Exploration teams.
"Any further questions?" Charizard asked.
"By golly, how do you get to the pokemon you're trying to save in time?" Bidoof asked.
"Good question. I must say that there are dark times when we are too late to save the pokemon we've been assigned. Even Charmeleon has been too late, though only once, and as a Normal rank. Since that day, the performance he's shown has been remarkable." Alakazam said.
"A day that I prefer to forget, but thanks for reminding me." Charmeleon said.
"Sorry, didn't mean anything. What else? Ah yes, you, Pikachu." Tyranitar said.
"Do you have any advice for a couple of Bronze ranked rookies?" Pikachu asked.
"We've only recently started, and even though Charmeleon is teaching us, we could use every bit of advice we can get." Bulbasour said.
"Squack! But you aren't permanetly banned, just suspended. You are able to come back after that you know." Chatot said.
"Yeah, but doing this rescue work has shown us something. While we don't hate explorers like Charmeleon, looking back, we can't exactly bring ourselves to come back to it either." Pikachu said.
"And why is that?" Alakazam asked.
"Well, it's like Charmeleon said when we met him at Apple woods during our expidition. We love saving pokemon, and the knowledge that that pokemon will be safe, and that fact that we were the one's who saved it, just gives us a feeling like no other." Bulbasour said.
"Very well put. Congradulations Charmeleon. You have some fine young rescuers on your hands. As for advice, I don't think we could tell you anything you don't already know, or that Charmeleon won't eventually teach you." Alakazam said. After a few more questions, team A.C.T. left the guild, and Charmeleon, along with Pikachu and Bulbasour, went off for their daily routine.
"I can't believe they aren't COMING back to exploring." Loudred said.
"Oh my gosh, they seem to feel very strong about it though, and I doubt we can say anything to change their minds." Sunflora said.
"By golly, I'll sure miss them." Bidoof said.
"Well...off to the days duties." Chatot said.
"HOORAY!" They said.
"Guildmaster, how could we have let two of our own become rescuers and desert the guild?!?" Chatot said.
"They chose that lifestyle, and we can't tell them what to choose in their life, no matter how much we'll miss them." Wigglytuff said.

"You two were very wise on choosing to become rescuers." Charmeleon said.
"Well, when we have felt the excitement and gratitude, we couldn't turn our backs to it." Pikachu said.
"Alright, so then lets go." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:49:52 AM
Charizard

Chapter 8: An entire month went by since then, Charmeleon going into the guild to get jobs, then leaving on his own, Pikachu and Bulbasour doing the same. One day…
“Excuse me, Charmeleon? Are you home?” Charmeleon woke up slowly, sat up and blinked several times, then went outside.
“Yes, can I help you?” Charmeleon said.
“Not me, Chansey! It’s been three days since she has gone off to Oran Forest, and still no sign of her!” Marill said.
“I’m on it.” Charmeleon said, then rushed off. He passed by Pikachu and Bulbasour’s house just as they were coming out.
“What’s wrong?” Pikachu asked.
“Chansey is lost in the Oran Forest, I’m going to get her out.” Charmeleon said.
“What should we do?” Bulbasour asked.
“What do you think? Go get some jobs while I’m gone.” Charmeleon said, then rushed off.
“It’ll be good to see everyone again, huh?” Pikachu said.
“Yeah. Alright, time’s wasting.” Bulbasour said. They went to the guild’s entrance, and stood over the hole.
“Pokemon detected! Pokemon detected!”
“Who’s footprint? Who’s footprint?”
“The footprint belongs to…Pikachu and Bulbasour are here!” The gate opened, and they went inside.
“Glad to see you haven’t forgotten about us AFTER all this time.” Loudred said.
“So, finally come to your senses and decided to rejoin the guild, eh?” Chatot asked.
“Uh, no. We’ve just come to get some more rescue jobs.” Pikachu said.
“Oh, well you know where they are.” Chatot sighed.
“Hold on, YOU have to tell us about some of your adventures.” Loudred said.
“We’re always in a bit of a rush when it comes to these kinds of missions, but how about we come by for dinner and catch up then?” Bulbasour asked.
“SURE.” Loudred said. Pikachu and Bulbasour then proceeded to get their jobs, and left for the Quicksand Desert.
“Hmm, slow day today. We just have to save a Larvitar from being lost here, then we’re done for the day.” Pikachu said in the desert.
“Remember what Charmeleon said? ‘Never assume a job is as easy as it seems’.” Bulbasour said.
“Yeah, forgot.” Pikachu said. Wandering around, they soon came to the Larvitar, but it was tied up, and in the middle of a wide room.
“Normally, we’d run right to her. But thanks o Charmeleon, we now know that we’d be running straight into a Monster House ambush.” Bulbasour said.
“So, what do you think?” Pikachu asked.
“I think the best bet would be to fill that area with Sleep Powder. That way, no one would be hurt, and the pokemon would be sound asleep long enough for us to grab Larvitar and escape safely.” Bulbasour said.
“Brilliant, make it so.” Pikachu said. Bulbasour went to the edge of the room, going as close as he dared, and unleashed a vast amount of Sleep Powder, covering the entire room with it, and five Sandrew fell from the ceiling, sound asleep.
“I’m so brilliant, right Pikachu?...Pikachu?” Bulbasour asked. He turned back, but no one was there.
“Humph, leave me with the rest, huh? Fine, my idea, my job. I’m taking the credit with Charmeleon though.” Bulbasour shouted. He proceeded to get Larvitar, but noticed something odd. Though he filled the room with Sleep Powder, the Larvitar wasn’t moving an inch, not even closed her eyes. Looking closer, Bulbasour noticed a faint stitch pattern.
“A doll? But wait…uh-oh.” Bulbasour said. He turned around and saw a group of five Sandslash with a Drapion, carrying a tied up Pikachu.
“No!” Bulbasour said, then let loose a frenzy of Razor Leaf, slicing the ropes binding Pikachu, and he ran beside Bulbasour.
“Huh, I thought you weren’t this smart, but it’s all the same in the end.” Drapion said.
“Yeah, the boss is going to rough you up good, then tie you up even better.” A Sandslash said. Drapion drew closer, and Pikachu was frantically searching through their bag, then pulled out what he was looking for.
“Time to go! Escape orb, please work!” Pikachu said. Nothing happed, and Pikachu was both scared and confused.
“If you’re wondering why it won’t work, this is a special area where orbs lose their power.” Drapion said.
“What do you want?” Bulbasour asked, slowly using Vine Whip to reach into the bag unnoticed.
“We want to use you as bait to draw Charmeleon here, then beat him up.” Drapion said.
“Why would you want to do that?” Pikachu asked, also reaching into the bag unnoticed.
“Why else but to prove who’s the best?” Drapion said.
“Okay, just two problems with that. One, Charmeleon is way out of your league, even with your friends over there. Two, we’re escaping!” Pikachu said, both of them pulling out a seed and eating it. They disappeared from the room, leaving Drapion and the others to stare dumbstruck.
“Love them Warp seeds.” Pikachu said, then used an Escape orb, as did Bulbasour somewhere else in the dungeon.
“Close call. If we didn’t have Warp seeds, then we’d be toast.” Pikachu said.
“You’re telling me. Let’s go see if Charmeleon’s back, then report this to officer Magnezone.” Bulbasour said. Charmeleon had not returned yet, so they went to officer Magnezone. Once done, they went back home for awhile, then headed to the guild to eat with the others.
“YOU did remember, good.” Loudred said.
“Just in time too. Dinner’s ready!” Chimecho said. The entire guild ran to the dinner hall, and ate and chatted.
“We were about to get caught, but luckily we remembered our Warp seeds, and they saved us.” Pikachu said.
“A rescuer got rescued by a seed?” Chatot commented.
“Yeah, I guess so. Strange thing is though, they wanted to use us as bait to fight Charmeleon.” Bulbasour said.
“No one can beat Charmeleon, by golly doesn’t everyone know that?” Bidoof asked.
“Apparently they think highly of themselves.” Chatot said.
“Oh my gosh, I forgot. How is Charmeleon doing with the Chansey rescue?” Sunflora asked.
“Not sure, he hasn’t been back yet. Though, it did take him awhile to find Electivire, so he should be back by tomorrow.” Pikachu said. Once dinner was done, Pikachu and Bulbasour said goodbye, then left. They were just outside of the guild when they saw Charmeleon carrying Chansey, who was covered in thorns, into town.
“Right on time.” Bulbasour said.
“He always comes through, no matter how hard the task. We’d better tell him about Drapion.” Pikachu said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:50:24 AM
Charizard

Chapter 9: “No problem. I’ve dealt with numerous challenges in the past, all meaningless.” Charmeleon said.
“So, you’re not worried at all?” Pikachu asked.
“Nope. You two had better get to bed.” Charmeleon said. Pikachu and Bulbasour left then, and went to sleep quickly. The next morning, Charmeleon woke up to visitors.
“Excuse us for coming here, but we have something to show you.” A Graveller said. Charmeleon followed them, and was led to the beach.
“Over here.” Graveller said, pointing. Charmeleon saw a large dug out spot in the side of the cliff, and went inside. Inside was bare, however it was very large, with a set of stairs going down. The only thing on the wall was a board that said: Rescue jobs.
“What is all this?” Charmeleon asked.
“Well, you’ve done so much for this town, we’ve decided to do something for you. We’ve thought about it, and decided to make you your very own base.” Graveller said.
“This is very kind of all of you, I’ll take good care of it.” Charmeleon said. He then continued to explore a bit, and then went to get Pikachu and Bulbasour.
“Wow, this is our new base?” Pikachu asked in amazement.
“Technically, mine, but rescue jobs will be brought here from now on, so we’ll be here instead of the guild.” Charmeleon said.
“I think this is a guild.” Bulbasour said.
“Great idea! This could be a guild for pokemon who want to become rescuers!” Pikachu said.
“Me? A guildmaster?” Charmeleon asked.
“Yeah, some competition for the explorers guild.” Bulbasour said.
“Hmm, well I guess, but we’re going to have to move our possessions here.” Charmeleon said. It took them a few minutes to get their things, but once they did, they were set to live in the new guild.
“Yeah, this is a great spot. Close to the road, nice ocean view, yeah this is a great spot.” Pikachu said.
"Okay, this is going to take some thinking. For now, we'll set aside some money we find in dungeons, to be used to get this place up and running, and see how that goes." Charmeleon said.
"Sure, we can even sell some stuff we find. We still have those gold coins and the gold scarf, so we'll go sell them right now." Pikachu said.
"Hold on, we should save somethings to sell for later, as a safety net. Sell the scarf, keep the coins safe." Charmeleon said. Bulbasour went and sold the scarf for a good 5000 poke, and stored that in the bank.
"Now, this will be the last day we get jobs from the explorers guild. After today, rescue jobs will be delivered here." Charmeleon said once Bulbasour got back.
"We'll go tell the others the great news." Pikachu said. He and Bulbasour went to the guild, and after getting the jobs posted, told the news to everyone.
"Squack! A new guild?!?" Chatot exclaimed.
"Yeah, by the beach." Bulbasour said.
"A-And Charmeleon is the Guildmaster?" Chatot asked.
"Yeah." Pikachu said.
"And, just to be clear, you've joined his guild?" Chatot asked.
"Yep." Pikachu said.
"SO, you won't be around here much, huh?" Loudred said.
"Sorry, afraid not." Bulbasour said.
"Well, good luck." Chimecho said.
"Yeah, come visit when you can." Pikachu said. With that, they left, off to do their jobs.
"MAN, I can't believe they left the guild for good." Loudred said.
"Oh my gosh, they seem really happy though." Sunflora said.
"Yup-yup, they sure do." Bidoof said.
"Wonder how that GUILD will do." Loudred said.
"Me too. Perhaps we should hold a sort of field trip to there, take in the surroundings of our competitor." Chatot said.
"HOORAY!"
After a few days, the rescue guild was up and running, decorated much better. Instead of a sandy floor, it was lined with grass. Some rooms had beds in them, ready for any recruites, and the board was already covered in jobs.
"This is much better." Charmeleon said. Pikachu adn Bulbasour came out of their rooms, and were ready for the days assignments.
"Okay, what do we have here? Ah, a *1 mission for you two, and a *7 mission for me, and that should do it for the day." Charmeleon said.
"Okay, and we'll be on the look out for any food items or money." Pikachu said.
"Good. Now, lets go." Charmeleon said, and they set off. A few minutes after they left, the Wigglytuff guild crew entered the rescue guild, and explored around.
"Hmm, not bad at all." Chatot said.
"WOW, nice room space." Loudred said.
"By golly, they have a well stocked food supply as well." Bidoof said.
"Oh my gosh get away from there. I know you will snack on their food." Sunflora said.
"Hey hey, pretty good place." Corphish commented.
"Indeed, a very good place, and guild." Chatot said.
"Mabey I should JOIN, better room space." Loudred joked.
"We'd be away from your loud mout then." Chatot said.
"Ouch, just a JOKE." Loudred said.
"Please, don't joke about leaving the guild for this place." Chatot said.
"Well, we should probably go NOW." Loudred said.
"Yes, we should." Chatot agreed. Chatot lingered a little bit longer, then left, a twinge of jealousy in him. That afternoon, Charmeleon and the others returned, ready for food and sleep.
"Good job today you two. Now, what have you found in the dungeon?" Charmeleon asked.
"Not much was in Mt. Horn, but we managed to fing a TM for Hidden Power." Pikachu said.
"What do you plan on doing with it?" Charmeleon asked.
"Well, we don't know." Pikachu said.
"Okay, go put it in storage, then come nack for dinner." Charmeleon said. As soon as they left, a pokemon appeared at the entrance, and was soon spotted by Charmeleon.
"Yes, can I help you?" Charmeleon asked.
"Um, is this the Rescue Guild?" The pokemon asked.
"Yes it is, now please come in so I can see you." Charmeleon said. The pokemon came closer and was revealed to be an Absol.
"My name is Absol, and I'd like to join as a rescuer." Absol said.
"Are you sure? Being a rescuer is not easy task, I speak from expirience. I need to know that you're willing to take the training." Charmeleon said.
"I am, and I'm ready." Absol said.
"Okay. When they get back, I'll introduce you to your fellow members." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:51:44 AM
Charizard

Chapter 10: " Wow, Absol joined the guild?" Bulbasour said.
"Yep, and his room is over there." Charmeleon said, pointing. Absol went to the room and settled in.
"Get a good nights sleep, you'll need it." Charmeleon said. The next morning, Everyone woke up and went into the main room, and Charmeleon was there to greet them. Before he could say anything, however, Peliper came flying in.
"Morning." Charmeleon said.
"It's morning, but not a good one." Peliper said, then gave Charmeleon a letter marked "EMERGENCY!!!"
"Well, by the title, this can obviously wait, but lets open it now anyways." Charmeleon said. Charmeleon read the letter to himself, then looked panicstricken, and immediately told Pikachu adn Bulbasour they were in charge while he was away, and for them to do as many missions as they could. Before they could ask questions, Charmeleon was already out of his guild, running as fast as he could.
"I maybe new here, but I don't think that's normal." Absol said.
"Lets see, he dropped the letter. I says "Charmeleon, terrible news. Sorry to pull you away, but we need you here straight away. A large band of several rogue pokemon have appeared and threatened our town, demanding we pay them large amounts of money daily, or we''ll pay the price in a different way. Rescue teams were already deployed, but none have come back, not even A.C.T.! You are the last hope for this town, please come as soon as you possibley can-Whiscash." Pikachu read.
"No wonder he ran off in such a hurry." Absol said.
"I know he said to leave it to him, but I don't feel right just sitting still while he does the hard work." Pikachu said.
"I know what you mean, but if we left, only Absol would be here to do all the jobs, and he's a rookie at it. Plus, we don't even know where to go." Bulbasour said.
"Argh! You're right, but I just don't feel right." Pikachu said.
"Look, we'll do some rescue jobs, that'll take your mind off of it for awhile." Bulbasour said.
"Fine. Absol, we have a D ranked mission for you in Drenched bluff, just to the southeast of here." Pikachu said. He took it and left, Pikachu and Bulbasour taking the two others on the board. A week passed, and Charmeleon still hadn't come back yet.
"I didn't expect him to be back over night, but when is he coming back?" Pikachu asked.
"No idea. Come on, we have work to do." Bulbasour said. Another two days passed, and still no sign of him.
"I'm starting to get worried." Pikachu said.
"Starting to? You're pacing, and you've been pacing for the past few days." Bulbasour said.
"So? Maybe we should try to find him." Pikachu said. Before Bulbasour could say anything, Peliper swooped in and gave Pikachua letter.
"What does it say?" Bulbasour asked.
"Hold on. It says: Pikachu and Bulbasour, I know I have been gone for quite some time now, but know that I'm on my way back, and will tell you about this adventure, but after some rest. I should be there in roughly two or three days-Charmeleon." Pikachu read.
"See? He's fine. Now, lets go to work." Bulbasour said. The days passed with agonizing slowness for Pikachu and Bulbasour, when finally Charmeleon came into view of the guild, tired beyond compare.
“Charmeleon!” Pikachu shouted. He and Bulbasour ran to Charmeleon, who was limping a bit.
“Are you alright?” Bulbasour asked.
“I’ll be fine once I sit down and rest for awhile.” Charmeleon said. They got back to their guild, and Charmeleon plopped down on the floor.
“Alright, that’s much better.” Charmeleon said.
“Now can you tell us what happened?” Pikachu asked.
“Sure. It took me two and a half days to get there, but I wasn’t pleased to see what was going on. First, it was pouring so much, I thought there would be a flood. I had to pump up the heat on my tail to keep it from going out. When I got into town, it was all but ruined. I met with Whiscash, and he told me that 50 Crawdaunt were terrorizing the town, and they all knew Rain Dance. They said if the town didn’t pay them 50000 poke each day, they would flood the town and destroy it. Many Rescue Teams were already out to stop them, but it had been far too long since any came back. So, naturally, I was the last resort, and was sent to deal with them myself. I found them in Serenity River, and all at once, they ganged up on me. I took one heck of a beating, but luckily they backed off when they thought I’d had enough. It was then that my Blaze ability activated, and the fire on my tail sky rocketed, and that aloe took out at least five of them. Flamethrower took out a lot too, and Blast Burn took out the rest. I was tired, but fatigue is never an excuse to stop. I found the knocked out Rescue teams, and took them back to town one by one. Fortunately, there wasn’t too many, and it wasn’t too long before they were all back. I rested for a short while, then came back here, insisting I was alright. The fight took more out of me than I expected though, and it took me longer to get back here than expected.” Charmeleon said.
“Wow, to take out an army by yourself is incredible!” Pikachu said.
“It was their ignorance that gave me the edge I needed to win. If they were smarter, they would have finished me off. So, what did I miss while I was away?” Charmeleon asked.
“Well, we did a lot of missions, Absol found a partner, Mightyena, and formed Team Midnight. A Leafeon and Glaceon came here and wanted to join, and they did, adding Team Frost Forest to our ranks, and we have a chef for our guild, Gallade.” Pikachu said.
“Wow, I missed a lot when I was gone.” Charmeleon said.
“Food’s on!” Gallade yelled from below. Charmeleon managed to get up, and went down to eat.
“So, who is this? New recruit?” Leafeon asked.
“If so, I hope he is strong.” Glaceon said.
“Ah, an all girl team eh? Welcome to my guild, and I apologize for not being here for your arrival.” Charmeleon said.
“Huh? Your guild?” Gallade asked.
“Yep. He is Charmeleon, the Guildmaster of the Rescue guild.” Absol said.
“Oh, so this is the Charmeleon you were telling me about.” Mightyena said.
“Okay, so you are the owner. I thought Pikachu and Bulbasour both were in charge here, seeing as how they were giving the orders and assignments.” Leafeon said.
“I put them in charge while I was away on a mission of utmost importance to me. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m not very hungry, and could really use some sleep.” Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:52:28 AM
Charizard

Chapter 11: It was late in the morning, and Charmeleon was still asleep, so Pikachu and Bulbasour took charge once again and gave the assignments for the day.
“Sleeps a lot, doesn’t he?” Glaceon commented.
“I heard that! He is just exhausted, give him a break!” Pikachu snapped.
“Geez, sorry!” Glaceon said. Charmeleon forced himself out of bed a minute later, and went straight to the job board.
“Hold it! Are you sure you can work today?” Bulbasour asked.
“Yes, I’m sure. If it makes you feel better, I’ll just do a simple mission.” Charmeleon said.
“Okay, but to make sure, I’m choosing. This B ranked mission should be no problem for you.” Pikachu said. He took the job and left, returning a few hours later, looking very tired.
“What happened?” Pikachu asked.
“Ambush. The job was a trap, but I got free. Also took care of that Drapion’s challenge.” Charmeleon said.
“We send you on a simple mission, and you go get ambushed. What are we going to do with you?” Bulbasour joked.
“Nothing. Just let me get some food, then head to bed, unless there are any more missions left.” Charmeelon said.
“Nope, all gone. We didn’t even have to leave, weird huh?” Pikachu said.
“Yeah, weird.” Charmeleon said. Teams Midnight and Frost Forest arrived back soon afterwards, and Gallade got to work on dinner. Charmeleon had just sat down when Peliper swooped in.
“Oh now what?” Charmeleon groaned.
“Don’t shoot the messenger.” Peliper said.
“Sorry, long day.” Charmeleon said. He took the letter and Peliper left.
“Looks like we have an invitation. It says: Dear Rescue guild, our guild is preparing another expedition, and we would greatly appreciate your help. We are heading to explore and get to the bottom of Zero Island Center, hopefully getting rid of the thing that causes all the condition required to go there. Hope you will lend your support-Wigglytuff Exploration Guild.” Charmeleon read.
“An expedition? We haven’t been on one of those in a long time. I say we should go.” Pikachu said.
“Hold on, they can afford to leave and explore, they’re just doing what they always do. If we left, pokemon that need rescuing wouldn’t make it, all because we were exploring.” Leafeon said.
“Well put, but what they are attempting is very dangerous. If we left it alone, we would eventually have to rescue them, which could be avoided right now.” Charmeleon said.
“What should we do then?” Absol asked.
“I’ve got it. Teams Comet and Midnight, you’ll go with the explorers and aid their mission.” Charmeleon said.
“Okay.” Mightyena said.
“Sure. We would love to see our friends again.” Bulbasour said. Three days passed, and it was time for the expedition. Piakchu, Bulbasour, Absol, and Mightyena departed to meet with the guild.
“HEY, long time no see.” Loudred said.
“Likewise.” Pikachu said.
“Oh my gosh, you seem to have really grown up a lot!” Sunflora said.
“Thanks for noticing.” Bulbasour said.
“Okay, before we leave, who are they?” Chatot asked.
“We are team Midnight, a rescue team of the Rescue guild, and we were sent with them to accompany you on your expedition.” Absol said.
“By golly, I didn’t know Charmeleon’s guild had more teams in it.” Bidoof said.
“Neither did I. Tell me, who else is in your guild?” Chatot asked.
“A Leafeon and Glaceon team, Frost Forest, and a chef, Gallade.” Bulbasour answered.
“Indeed. Let us be off now, to Zero Island Center!” Chatot said.
“HOORAY!” The explorers shouted. As before, they split up to move faster towards their destination. Pikachu and Bulbasour went together, as did team Midnight, not wanting to be grouped with anyone they weren’t familiar with. Two days later, they arrived at the base camp at the foot of the dungeon entrance.
“Okay, now ahead lies something that is said to have the power to weaken pokemon, and we must obtain it, and destroy it. In the wrong hands, it could end the world as we know it!” Chatot said.
“Something that can actually WEAKEN pokemon?” Loudred asked.
“Yes, an enchanted orb from our gathering. It was placed there to ward off pokemon from a home, but that was many years ago, and the resident is long since…passed away. Now, that orb is nothing but a nuisance, and must be destroyed.” Chatot said.
“If we get close to the orb, won’t it weaken us?” Chimecho asked.
“We thought of that, and have the solution. These are special orbs called Luminous orbs, and they can temporarily ward off the effects of the orb, but only for a minute. As soon as you feel weakened, if you are near the orb, use it, and destroy it as fast as you can.” Chatot said, giving everyone an orb.
"Good luck everyone. I have a feeling we'll need it." Pikachu said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:53:07 AM
Charizard

Chapter 12: "Guys, I think we should split up for this mission." Pikachu said.
"Why?" Absol asked.
"There are four teams and four of us. We should each go with a team to make sure there is a rescuer with them, just in case something goes bad." Pikachu said.
"Fine, but I'll go with Diglett and Dugdrio." Bulbasour said.
"I can go with Croagunk and Bidoof." Mightyena said.
"I take Loudred and Corphish." Pikachu said.
"Which leaves me with Sunflora and Chimecho." Absol said.
"Okay, lets go." Pikachu said. They went with the groups they chose, and set off in different directions for the center of Zero Island Center.
"GLAD you chose to come with us." Loudred said.
"Yeah, should be fun, hey hey." Corphish said.
"Keep it down! Can't you feel the effects of that orb already? The pokemon here are a lot stronger than we are, in this weakened state, and we don't want to draw any attention!" Pikachu whispered.
"Oh, sorry." Corphish whispered. They crept through the dungeon slowly, and eventually made it to a place that had waves of red energy through the ground, and a bright red glow in the distance.
"That must be it." Pikachu said. They walked towards it, and turned a corner to come to a room with a ruby colored, diamond cut orb glowing brightly on top of a pedestal.
"That has to be the orb. Luminous orb, do your stuff." Pikachu said, taking out the orb and activating it. A soft white glow covered them, and they felt much better.
"Ah, now I'm just AS strong as I was before. This should make DESTROYING the orb much easier." Loudred said.
"Let's see how Iron tail does!" Pikachu said, charging at the orb. The moment he made contact, he bounced off, holding his tail and trying not to yell.
"Dang it that really hurt!" Pikachu said through clenched teeth.
"Hey hey, try attacking long distance!" Corphish said, and fired a Bubblebeam at it. The attack made contact, but had no effect.
"Maybe I can shatter it by USING sound!" Loudred said, and used Hyper Voice. The sound waves shook the orb, but that was all they did.
"This thing is tough. Let's try attacking it together!" Pikachu said. Loudred used Hyper voice, Corphish used Bulbblebeam, and Pikachu used Thunder. The attacks merged and struck the orb with incredible force, but it didn't so much as roll off the pedestal.
"What the heck is that thing made of?!?" Pikachu asked.
"No idea, but we can't crack it." Corphish said. The glow around them started to blink, and they took that as a sign to get away. They barely managed to get out of the room when the glow wore off, and their strength faded again.
"We weren't even CLOSE!" Loudred said.
"You're telling me. Come on, we can't do anything else. Grab onto me and I'll use an Escape orb." Pikachu said. He beamed them out of the dungeon, and arrived back at the camp, seeing everyone else had already arrived.
"You too?" Pikachu asked.
"Yep." Bulbasour said.
"I don't get it. How can anything be that hard to crack?" Absol asked.
"I don't know, but it seems as if everyone has given their best efforts today. Rest up, and we'll think of a plan tomorrow. We can't leave after just one bad day, can we?" Chatot asked.
"HOORAY!" They shouted. The next morning, everyone woke up and gathered to meet and discuss.
"Anyone thing of any ideas?" Chatot asked. Everyone shook their heads, and Chatot looked desperate.
"We have many more Luminous Orbs, so I want two volunteers to do some recon on the orb and see if they can't find some sort of weakness." Chatot said.
"We'll go." Pikachu and Bulbasour said.
"Okay, take one each." Chatot said. They took an rob and went inside once more, and soon arrived at the orb's room.
"There has to be something that can beat this thing." Pikachu said, rounding the corner.
"Yeah, but I don't see...I don't see the orb." Bulbasour said, looking into the room.
"What? How could it be gone? We couldn't even budge it with our attacks." Pikachu said.
"Come to think of it, I don't feel weakened at all." Bulbasour said.
"Me neither. I didn't even notice. We'd better tell Chatot." Pikachu said. They warped out and told Chatot the news.
"Squack! How could it disappear?!?" Chatot asked.
"Don't know, but it isn't there any more." Pikachu said.
"I fear we may have some trouble in the future, but for now, without the orb this mission is over." Chatot said. The guild crew packed up and left together, and within two days arrived at the guild.
"We have to get back to our rescu duties, see yah." Pikachu said. Waving goodbye, they went back to the Rescue guild, and told Charmeleon the news.
"Hmm. I don't like this at all. An orb that powerful, just up and disappearing, I don't like it." Charmeleon said.
"Well, not much we can do now, huh?" Pikachu said.
"True, but be on the lookout from now on, okay?" Charmeleon said.
"When aren't we?" Bulbasour asked.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:53:42 AM
Charizard

Chapter 13: A few days passed, and still nothing about the orb, except that Zero Island areas were much safer and far more pleasant.
"We have to be on guard, but for now just do a good job." Charmeleon said to Pikachu and Bulbasour when they asked him about it.
"I wonder who could have taken it." Pikachu said.
"Or how. We couldn't budge that thing, even when I grabbed it with Vine Whip." Bulbasour said.
"I hit it with my Iron tail on the side, and I got hurt. My tail is still sore!" Pikachu said.
"Ouch, sorry." Bulbasour said.
"Oh well, we aren't doing any good here. Let's get moving." Pikachu said. That night, Charmeleon was unable to sleep, so he went outside to look at the beach.
"Glad I got this place. Lovely view of the ocean." Charmeleon said. He heard footsteps behind him, yep pretended not to notice, until they were right behind him. At that, he spun around and prepared a Dragon Rage, only to see a Gardevour.
"Little late for a stroll." Charmeleon said.
"Says the paranoid one." She retorted.
"Sorry, it's just that there aren't many pokemon up at this hour." Charmeleon said.
"So what are you doing up?" Gardevour asked.
"Can't sleep. You?" Charmeleon asked.
"I have come to ask for help from the Rescue guild here, and I'm in quite a rush, so I must be going." Gardevour said.
"If you don't mind me asking, why do you need assistance?" Charmeleon asked.
"My partner, Ninetails, is trapped in Foggy Forest by some weird orb, and I have to get help right now, so please excuse me!" Gardevour said in a hurry.
"No need to go anywhere. I'll get on the case right away. I can't sleep anyway." Charmeleon said.
"That's nice, but what could you hope to do?" Gardevour asked, slightly amused.
"Well, I plan on rescuing Ninetails." Charmeleon said.
"I don't have time for this, I have to ask for some Rescue team help!" Gardevour said.
"Question. Do you know who you're talking to?" Charmeleon asked.
"Yes, a pokemon that is wasting precious time!" Gardevour said.
"Try the guildmaster of the Rescue guild." Charmeleon said.
"Oh, well that changes things." Gardevour said, more relaxed.
"Wait here, I'll get the others." Charmeleon said. He went into the guild and lit it up with Flamethrower. Everyone scrambled out of their rooms, and were wide awake after the light show.
"I think I have just found out where the orb is." Charmeleon said.
A few minutes later, Charmeleon was marching up to Wigglytuff's guild, and stood over the grate.
"*Yawn*. Pokemon detected. Pokemon detected." Diglett said sleepily.
"Who's footprint? Who's footprint?" Loudred asked, just as tired.
"It's me, Charmeleon. I found the orb!" Charmeleon said.
"Oh, that's nice. Hey guys, Charmeleon found the...YOU FOUND IT?!?" Loudred shouted. At that, the guild crew ran to the gate, all looking irritated.
"We don't have a lot of time, a Ninetails is caught by it, so we have to move now to Foggy Forest. My guild with yours, we must be able to get some results." Charmeleon said to Wigglytuff.
"Fine, let's go." Chatot murmurded, still half asleep. A light show from Charmeleon woke everyone up fully, and they, along with Charmeleon's crew, marched off for Foggy Forest. Once there, Charmeelon got up infront of his guild, Chatot and Wigglytuff doing the same for theirs.
"Look, we have to move fast. You all know your assignments, grab Ninetails, get out, then go back and hit the orb with everything you've got!" Charmeleon said. Everyone grabbed a Luminous orb from Chatot, and went in, leaving Chatot, Wigglytuff, and Charmeleon behind to keep a lookout for their guild members. Half an hour passed by slowly with no results, but Charmeleon hadn't moved at all. Another half hour went by, and by this time the sun was coming up, but the thick fog prevented it from showing. Finally, after a total of one hour and ten minutes, Bidoof was beamed out of the dungeon, fainted.
"Ah Bidoof, what are we going to do with you?" Chatot said. As he was going to get him, Sunflora and Croagunk were beamed back as well, also fainted.
"Hold on, these two are very strong. How could they have been taken out as well?" Chatot asked. He got them to a tent that was set up for this occasion, with the help of Wigglytuff, and layed them down with an Oran Berry next to them. Charmeleon still hadn't moved, watching closely for any sign of his crew. Ten minutes went by, and Leafeon was beamed back, though she was still consious.
"Leafeon!" Charmeleon yelled, then ran to help her.
"I-I-I...Glaceon, still there!" She studdered.
"It's okay, the others will save her, or she'll use the Escape orb I gave you two." Charmeelon said. Leafeon nodded, then went to lay down in a tent. Charmeleon set a berry next to her, then resumed his spot, and didn't move again untill Loudred was beamed back with Glaceon. Glaceon was looking banged up, though carrying Loudred.
"Chatot!" harmeleon yelled, the went to go help Glaceon. Wigglytuff carried Loudred, while Charmeleon helped Glaceon to the tent with Leafeon.
"T-T-The orb, it bounces attacks back!" Glaceon managed to say before collapsing. A berry was set next to her, and Charmeleon once again resumed his spot, though now his mind was racing.
This isn't good, not at all. I may need to get in there myself at this rate, but why aren't they getting Ninetails out? Charmeleon thought.
"Charmeleon, we should talk." Chatot said.
"Shoot." Charmeleon said.
"Half my guild has been taken out, and yours hasn't exactly escaped harm." Wigglytuff said.
"I'm aware, but as the score stands, we still have four members each in there, so we still have a chance." Charmeleon said. Chatot was about to say something when Corphish and Chimecho were beamed out.
"Oh my. These two seem to be in terrible shape!" Chatot said. He and Wigglytuff rushed them to the tent, and placed a berry next to them and hoped for the best.
"Still think we have a good chance?" Chatot asked.
"Such faith in your guild you have." Charmeleon said, still not moving. Five minutes later, Diglett and Dugdrio were sent out. Once they were taken care of, Chatot went to talk with Charmeleon.
"The entire exploration guild is knocked out, and you still just stand there!" Chatot said.
"I wait for my guild, you wait for yours. I have simpathy for your guild members, but I must think of my guild as well." Charmeleon said. He stood motionless for another hour, then Absol and Mightyena were shot out of the dungeon. Charmeleon rushed forward, finding Mightyena fainted, and Absol barely conscious.
"Absol, can you stand?" Charmeleon asked.
"N-Not easily, but I think so." Absol said. He strained to get up, then walked towards an empty tent, and layed down, Charmeleon put Mightyena next to him.
"Eat if you have the strength. You have done a good job today." Charmeleon said, handing him an Oran Berry. Absol lifted his head and ate it, then slept. After putting a berry next to Mightyena, Charmeleon left and grabbed a Luminous orb.
"What do you think you're doing?" Chatot asked.
"I'm going to get Pikachu and Bulbasour out of there before it's too late for them." Charmeleon said. He was about to enter the dungeon when Pikachu and Bulbasour appeared, along with Ninetails. They were panting heavely, looking about ready to fall over, but never the less, pride shown on their faces. Charmeleon helped them all to a tent, and gave all three of them a berry.
"Glad you made it out." Charmeleon said.
"Yeah, but that was not easy. Sad to say, we couldn't help any of the others form getting hurt, but we managed to save Ninetails just in time." Pikachu said, then ate the berry.
"I for one need some rest after that." Bulbasour said, and also ate.
"You were very kind in saving me, and I thank you." Ninetails said.
"It's our job. What became of the orb?" Charmeleon asked.
"No idea. We were blinded by a bright red light, and then it was gone. We turned in time to see a shadow disappear out of sight, but no pokemon. We decided to get Ninetails out, and here we are." Pikachu said.
"You deserve some rest. All of you, as a matter of fact." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:54:12 AM
Charizard

Chapter 14: After everyone rested for awhile, evryone got up, and followed their guildmaster home. At the Rescue guild, Gardevour was pacing at the entrance. Upon seeing Ninetails, she shriekd in happyness and ran to her.
"Thank you so much for saving my partner." Gardevour said happily.
"It's what we do, but I wish I could say it was easy. I stood around waiting for my guild to come back, not knowing how dangerous the situation truely was. I owe them an apology for that." Charmeleon said.
"It's okay. After all, it's what we do." Pikachu said, and the others nodded in agreement.
"Well, there is only one more thing to do now." Gardevour said.
"The real reason why we were travelling through Foggy Forest...was to come here." Ninetails said.
"We are members of the Rescue Team Federation, and we were sent here to monitor your activities. Your guild was not registered as one, yet it operated as one, which is a very serious crime." Gardevour said.
"However, due to recent events, we got to see how you operate as a guildmaster, and aprove." Ninetails said.
"Therefore, your guild is now officially registered as one." Gardevour said.
"Wait, let me get this straight. We went through all that, just to continue to do exactly what we were already doing?" Bulbasour whispered.
"It would appear so." Pikachu whispered back.
"Well, we should be on our way now."" Ninetails said. They left, and the guild crew were just stunned.
"Anyone know what just happened?" Glaceon asked.
"Yeah. We wee just given the ability to keep going as a guild, after going through all that." Pikachu said.
"It matters not. Let's go, you must rest a bit more to recover your strength." Charmeleon said, and lead the group inside. The next day, everyone woke up to a pleasant surprise.
"No jobs on the board today. Guess things are getting safer. Free day today everyone." Charmeleon said. Everyone cheered and left, eager to enjoy their free day. A few minutes later, Charmeleon left as well, and took a look around town, wondering how everyone is enjoying themselves. He found Leafeon and Glaceon in the Hopes and Dreams Cafe, both having a soda and laughing. Looking around more, he was pleasantly surprised to fing Absol at the dojo, while Mightyena was merely taking a walk. Gallade, he saw, was talking with the Kecleon brothers, of what he didn't know. Still looking, he couldn't find Pikachu or Bulbasour anywhere, yet he had a suspicion he knew where they were anyways; at Wigglytuff's guild. He went there and confirmed his theory, seeing them chatting away with their friends.
"Well, they seem to be having a fun day. Maybe I should do this more often for them. I think I'll just walk around Foggy Forest, see if there is any damage." Charmeleon said to himself. He arrived there quickly, but to a very bad surprise.
"Wait, nothing is moving, and why is it so grey here? I need to look into this." Charmeleon said, and went in. Inside, he saw, to his horror, all the inhabitants of Foggy Forest frozen in time, not even twitching. He continued to travel up to Steam Cave, also frozen in time.
"What the heck is going on?!?" Charmeleon yelled. He reached the top, and gasped. There, in mid air, was Uxie, frozen with a look of fear on his face.
"Uxie...what happened to you?" Charmeleon asked.
.............h........e............l..........l... ...o?
"Wow! Who said that?" Charmeleon asked, looking around.
It's.............me....Uxie Uxie said.
"Uxie? But, how? Never mind, what happened to you, this place, these pokemon?" Charmeleon asked.
The..........Time Ge......ar Uxie said. Puzzled, Charmeleon went up ahead a little further and looked into the lake. Looking hard, he saw a gear like object, as grey as the area.
"Wait, Time Gears aren't suppossed to be grey, or still. I need a closer look, but how?" Charmeleon pondered. Testing the frozen water, he managed to walk on top of it, and went to the gear.
"Okay, I'm here, but how to set it free...I know." Charmeleon said, and fired a Flamthrower at the lake, temporarily opening a path to the gear, and Charmeleon swiped it.
"So, this is what a Time Gear looks like up close. It doesn't seem like it's suppossed to." Charmeleon said.
It........lost it's......power Uxie said.
"Save your strength, you're coming with me." Charmeleon said. Along with the Time Gear in his hand, he grabbed Uxie and walked out, heading for his guild.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:54:44 AM
Charizard

Chapter 15: It was late at night when Charmeleon and Uxie, now able to move of his own, arrived back in town.
"Uxie, it's really late now, and I'm not sure what we can do, so I'm heading to bed. What about you?" Charmeleon asked.
"My home is now frozen in time, and I cannot go back until it is put back to normal." Uxie said.
"Yeah, that is a problem. Okay, luckily I have a big guild with plenty of rooms. You're welcome to any one of them if you want." Charmeleon said.
"Thank you for your generosity." Uxie said. The next morning, Charmeleon planned on sleeping in, but the rest of the guild had different plans upon seeing Uxie.
"Charmeleon!" Gallade shouted. That roused him, and he got up, somewhat reluctantly.
"Charmeleon, Uxie is at our guild!" Pikachu exclaimed.
"Yes, he is. Uxie is our guest until his home is back to normal, which reminds me, I have to tell you all something." Charmeleon said, then proceeded to tell them of the events yesterday.
"I thought I felt something wrong." Absol said.
"You had a suspicion of this?" Bulbasour asked.
"Kinda. It was just a nagging feelling that something is wrong at Foggy Forest, but I brushed it off as nothing, because we were just there." Absol said.
"Any nagging feelings now?" Charmeleon asked.
"Well, yes actually. Something tells me that a bad event will happen at the Northern Desert in a few days." Absol said.
"Why there?" Leafeon asked.
"I don't know! As an Absol, I have the ability to sense unfortunate events that are yet to happen, but details are in short supply." Absol said.
"Wait, Foggy Forest was where the orb was last seen, right? Maybe there is a conection between the orb and the Time Gear." Pikachu said.
"Maybe, but we need more than one scene to be sure." Charmeleon said.
"So, what do we do now?" Bulbasour asked.
"I'm not sure, but I am sure we need to get rid of that orb, the sooner the better." Charmeleon said.
"But how? We have thrown everything we've got at it, but never even made a scratch." Pikachu said.
"I know, but this time, I'm going to be there to help. I need to see how powerful this thing is." Charmeleon said.
"Okay. Until then, we'll check on Northern Desert starting tomorrow, on the lookout for that orb." Pikachu said.
"Fine, but make sure to tell the other guild. They have the Luminous orbs we need." Charmeleon said.
"Shame, and we just had a relaxing day yesterday, now this." Leafeon said.
"I know, but it can't be helped." Charmeleon said. The next day, Pikachu and Bulbasour left for the Northern Desert, while Charmeleon wen to talk with the Exploration guild.
"Pokemon detected! Pokemon detected!" Diglett said.
"We don't have time for this, just let me in!" Charmeleon said.
"FINE, have it YOUR way." Loudred said. The gate opened, and Charmeleon went inside and straight to Wigglytuff and Chatot.
"Squawk! Are you serious?!?" Chatot asked.
"I wish I wasn't, but at least we know where that orb will be next." Charmeleon said.
"This is not good, not at all! For the Time Gears to lose power and stop completely, this is unheard of!" Chatot exclaimed.
"We have to give it our all and more this time!" Wigglytuff said.
"Agreed. I'll tell the guild members." Chatot said. That night, Pikachu and Bulbasour came back from the desert, but no signs of the orb yet.
"Well, that's another day we have to prepare." Charmeleon said.
"I'm worried. If there really is a connection between the orb and the Time Gears losing power, then...Mesprit! She still doesn't know!" Uxie exclaimed.
"Mesprit?" Pikachu asked.
"Yes, I still need to tell her she may be in danger!" Uxie said, then closed his eyes and concentrated.
"What are you doing?" Bulbasour asked.
"Shh! He must be communicating telepathically with Mesprit." Charmeleons said.
"Telepathy? Awesome, I didn't know he could do that." Pikachu said. A minute later, Uxie opened his eyes.
"There, now she knows, and will be alert." Uxie said. The next day, Pikachu and Bulbasour headed off again to the desert, while the others prepared a plan.
"Even if we all attack at once with the Exploration guild crew, it might not be enough." Leafeon said.
"Glad to hear you haven't given up hope." Charmeleon said. That at least got a chuckle out of everyone.
"Still, you are really powerfull, and we aren't exactly weak either, so there is that going for us." Glaceon said.
"There we go. Come to think of it, there really is no other plan available than to attack it over and over again." Charmeleon said. Mightyena was about to grab a job off the board when he sensed someone at the entrance, and went to meet them.
"Excuse me, is this the Rescue guild?" One of the pokemon asked.
"Indeed, why do you ask?" Mightyena asked.
"My name is Lucario, and these are my partners, Flygon and Xatu. We go by the name Team Accel, and we would like to join this guild as a Rescu team please." Lucario said.
"I'm not the one you talk to about that. Follow me." Mightyena said. He led Team Accel into the guild, and to Charmeleon.
"Who are these three?" Charmeleon asked.
"They call themselves Team Accel, and want to join the guild." Mightyena explained.
"Wow, you three have good timing." Leafeon said.
"We do?" Flygon asked.
"Yes, you do. We just so happened to need some extra power to assisst in a mission that we have to do." Glaceon said.
"And by the looks of Pikachu and Bulbasour running back here early, you three have joined us just in time." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:55:17 AM
Charizard

Chapter 16: Along with their newest members, Team Accel, the Rescue guild headed off to the Northern Desert with the Exploration guild.
"I can't believe that there is acually an orb that weakens pokemon!" Lucario said.
"Trust me, I don't want to believe it either, but I'm just not that lucky." Charmeleon said. They set up a base camp outside the entrance of Northern Desert, and were ready to head in.
"Okay, let's give this thing our all!" Charmeleon said.
"Hold it!" Charmeleon and the others turned around to see Team Charm, all looking determined about something.
"We'll be the ones to get the treasure here, not you. Because, we're the famous treasure hunters, Team Charm!" Lopunny said.
"We don't have time for this. Come on, let's go." Charmeleon said.
"I said hold it!" Lopunny yelled.
"How direspectful are you to ignore us!" Gardevour said angrily.
"We actually have something to say you know!" Medicham scolded.
"And I actually have somewhere to be so we're even!" Charmeleon said.
"We're very aware that there is an orb in there, and we have come to claim it. You might as well give up now, because Team Charm always gets the treasure we seek!" Lopunny said.
"If I wasn't a rescuer I'd let you go in and leave you there, but that's not me, though you're pushing me there quickly." Charmeleon said.
"Leave us? You really underestimate our abilities, huh? Medicham, Gardevour, let's go and show him shall we?" Lopunny asked. With that, they headed in, all grinning confidently.
"Why didn't you stop them?" Chatot asked.
"I'm going to give them ten minutes as a head start, then we'll all go in and see how their doing. However, they might actually consider my warning, and come back out sooner than that." Charmeleon said. Ten minutes passed, and no sign of Team Charm.
"Figures. Okay, let's go." Charmeleon said. Everyone grabbed a Luminous orb, and headed in, all taking different routes so they won't get in each others way. Heading deeper down, Team Midnight was the first to reach the orb, and the first to see Team Charm passed out on the floor.
"Should we?" Mightyena asked.
"We're rescuers, so we have to. Pity, I wanted revenge on that stupid orb." Absol said. With Mightyena's help, Absol beamed Team Charm out with an Escape orb, and told Chatot the story of how they found them.
"We should have warnned them." Chatot said.
"Charmeleon tried to, remember? They wouldn't listen, and payed the consequence." Absol said. Back in the dungeon, Leafeon and Glaceon reached the orb, and put on their protection.
"How is this going to work?" Glaceon asked.
"No idea. I guess we'll just have to try." Leafeon said. A few minutes later, Loudred, Sunflora, and Chimecho got to the orb, and found Leafeon and Glaceon outside the room, banged up and glaring at the orb.
"I really hate that thing!" Leafeon shouted.
"It bounced back most of our attacks, and even those that made it through didn't even scratch it?!?" Glaceon yelled.
"WOW, and they call ME a loud mouth." Loudred said.
"That thing over there is really hard to destroy, and I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!" Leafeon shouted.
"Oh my gosh, really? Why don't you let us try." Sunflora said. After a few minutes, their Luminous orbs were running out of power, forcing them to retreat, not having done any damage to the orb.
"WOW, you were RIGHT!" Loudred said.
"Told you so." Leafeon said.
"Guess we have no choice but to warp back and wait for the others." Chimecho said.
"Guess so." Glaceon said. They warped back to camp and Loudred, Chimecho and Sunflora told Chatot of their attempt, while Leafeon and Glaceon simply went into a tent and waited and recovered.
"I hope Charmeleon and the others will be okay." Leafeon said.
"So do I." Glaceon said. Inside the dungeon, Team Accel had finally made it, only to see that Diglett, Dugdrio, Bidoof, Croagunk and Corphish were already there. Croagunk and Corphish were banged up and sitting outside the room, watching the others go at it.
"By golly, this thing is hard to crack." Bidoof said, panting.
"We must fall back. Our protection won't last much longer." Dugdrio said. They fled the room, just in time, for their glow disappeared.
"Guess it's our turn, huh?" Flygon asked. After using their orbs, Team Accel took their chances against the orb, quickly seeing this was not going to be an easy task.
"Wow, even my Aura Sphere didn't make a dent in it!" Lucario exclaimed.
"You're lucky. At least your attack didn't bounce back at you." Flygon said, still recovering from getting hit by his own Dragon Breath.
"I'm lucky as well. I can see into the future and predict where my attacks will land, whether they hit my target or not." Xatu said.
"Okay then, can you see where our attacks will get us?" Lucario asked.
"...Not very far at all." Xatu said grimly.
"Well, we still have to try. After all, the future isn't set in stone." Lucario said. And so they continued attacking down to the last minute, until they were finally forced to get out.
"Geez that is one tough ball." Flygon said.
"Wait, there is one last thing left to try." Xatu said. At that moment, a bolt of energy shot down at the orb, lighting it up even more.
"Future Sight." Xatu said. When the light show was over, the orb remained undamaged.
"You tried, right?" Lucario siad. They warped out as well, disappointed with their results.
"It seems that Charmeleon, Pikachu and Bulbasour are our last hopes for getting rid of the orb." Chatot said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:55:49 AM
Charizard

Chapter 17: Pikachu and Bulbasour have finally arrived at the room, inside Northern Desert, that has the orb.
"We took too long to get here, something we'll have to work on." Pikachu said.
"I know. By the look of this room, we're very late indeed. I can see some remains of attempts, so we are probably the last ones." Bulbasour said.
"Then we have to work hard, and work fast." Pikachu said. They pulled out their Luminous orbs and got to work, hitting the orb with everything they can muster.
"OUCH! I forgot how hard this thing is!" Pikachu said through clenched teeth, holding his tail.
"Maybe you should just use your electric moves, okay?" Bulbasour suggested.
'Yeah, I know that now!" Pikachu said irritatedly. They kept going for many more tries, but to no avail, and finally their orbs gave out and they got out of the room.
"I can't believe we are this weak!" Pikachu yelled.
"I know, but we can't do anything about it now. We might as well just leave." Bulbasour said grimly.
"Hold on, don't I get a shot?" Pikachu and Bulbasour turned and saw Charmeleon appraoching them, holding his Luminous orb.
"What kept you? I thought you'd be here first." Pikachu said.
"I took longer to warn the pokemon in this area to flee, just in case we fail." Charmeleon said.
"Good thing you did, because I don't think even you can break that thing. It's just too tough!" Bulbasour said.
"So I've heard." Charmeleon said.
"We've told you that many times?" Pikachu asked.
"No, I heard Leafeon yell from all the way across the dungeon, and she was not happy one bit." Charmeleon said, chuckling.
"Oh, that was her?" Bulbasour said.
"Yep. Not pleasant to hear, huh? Okay, time for me to get to work." Charmeleon said. He used the orb, and went in, immediately starting off with a Flamethrower. The attack bounced back and hit him hard in the chest.
"Oooh, he'll feel that in the morning." Bulbasour said. Charmeleon simply brushed it off, and shot a huge Dragon Rage at it, though it too hit him hard.
"If he keeps this up, he is going to kill himself!" Pikachu said. Getting back up, Charmeleon used his strongest attack, Blast Burn, and fired it at the orb with everything he had. Unfortunately, that attack also can back to him, and this time knocked him for a loop.
"That HAD to hurt, I don't care who you are." Pikachu said. At this point, Charmeleon was not looking good at all, until his flame on his tail shot up high, and he got back up.
"Okay, now to get serious." Charmeleon said, and sent a Flamethrower at it, and continued the attack even when it struck the orb, never letting up. The fire bent and twisted, as if to be deflected, but the contineous attack prevented it from going anywhere but the orb. Pushing himself to the limit, Charmeleon gave one last burst of power into the attack, and at that point, the orb cracked on the front, and the crack spreaded until it surrounded the orb. From outside the room, Pikachu helped the Flamethrower with his Thunder, at full power, while Bulbasour added his Solarbeam, and the three attacks merged together and shattered the orb into a million pieces. Charmeleon stumbled a bit, and nearly fell sideways, but Pikachu and Bulbasour caught him.
"Well, we did it." Charmeleon said.
"Yeah, and now we only have to tell all those pokemon to come back." Pikachu said cheerfully.
"That should be fun, huh Charmeleon?" Bulbasour asked, also smiling.
"Lovely." Charmeleon said. They warped out of the dungeon and, after setting Charmeleon down in a tent, Pikachu and Bulbasour told everyone the good news.
"GREAT! Now that the ORB is gone, we can relax!" Loudred said.
"Yeah. You guys head back, we've still got some things to take care of." Pikachu said. Chatot led the way back, while Pikachu and Bulbasour went and found all the inhabitants of Northern Desert and told them they could go back. Once that was accomplished, all they had to do was figure out what to do with Team Charm, who were finally waking up.
"Ouch...Where are we?" Lopunny asked.
"Outside Northern Desert." Pikachu said.
"Huh? But we were just in the dungeon a second ago." Gardevour said.
"No, you were out for a while. Long enough for Charmeleon and us to destroy the orb." Bulbasour said.
"You did what?!?" Medicham exclaimed.
"We destroyed the orb that knocked you out." Pikachu said.
"So, you're saying that the orb knocked us out? Come to think of it, I can't remember anything after we saw the orb and tried to grab it." Lopunny said.
"Becasue that orb was causing a lot of trouble, but now it's gone.....U-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-h-h-h-h-h-h, B-B-Bulbasour? Why is the Norhtern Desert turning grey?" Pikachu panicked.
"What?!?" Bulbasour exclaimed, and turned to face the desert. It was turning grey and black, spreading rapidly, finally stopping at the entrance.
"This can only mean one thing." Bulbasour said.
"Yeah, I know. I just hope we can fix this." Pikachu said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:56:22 AM
Charizard

Chapter 18: Outside the now frozen in time Northern Desert, everone was confused and alarmed.
"We destroyed it! How is this still happening?!?" Pikachu yelled.
"I don't know, but we have to go back in and find out." Bulbasour said. They went back in, and soon arrived to the room where the orb was. On the floor, there were pieces of the red orb, scattered all around. Other than that, however, nothing else was there.
"I can't believe this. How did this happen?" Pikachu asked.
"Like I said before, I don't know." Bulbasour said. Giving up the search, they warped out and went back to the others with the news.
"Man, how can we fix this?" Leafeon asked.
"I don't think we can, but maybe we can prevent this from happening again. Absol, do you know where the next place in trouble is?" Pikachu asked.
"Sorry, but I'm not feeling anything right now." Absol said.
"Too bad, we-"
"Wait, I'm getting something. Got it. The next place will be Boulder Quarry." Absol said.
"Boulder Quarry? Where is that?" Bulbasour asked.
"I wish I knew. I've only heard of it, but that is as far as my knowledge goes." Absol said.
"Um, we've been to Boulder Quarry." Lopunny said.
"You have? Where is it?" Pikachu asked urgently.
"It's right about here, near Southern Jungle." Gardevour said, pointing out the spot a map.
"Perfect. Now we can see what is really causing this mayhem." Pikachu said.
"What about Charmeleon?" Bulbasour asked.
"Oh, right. He's taken a lot of damage, and really needs to rest up after something like that, so maybe we should just wait a while here, then get him to come home." Pikachu said.
"Every second counts, remember?" Mightyena asked.
"I know, but what else can we do?" Pikachu asked.
"I can probably carry him." Startled, everyone turned to face who had spoken, seeing a Bayleef.
"Who are you?" Pikachu asked.
"My name is Bayleef, and I've been looking for Charmeleon for a long time now." She said.
"Why?" Bulbasour asked suspiciously.
"Because I heard of him, finally, and came all this way." Bayleef said.
"You're missing the question. What is your purpose for coming all this way to see Charmeleon? Is it because you wanted to join the guild?" Absol asked.
"Mmm, something like that." Bayleef responded.
"You really don't like giving direct answers, do you?" Pikachu asked.
"I'm answering you how I see fit, what more do you want?" Bayleef asked.
"What is going on out here?" Charmeleon asked, coming out of the tent. His eyes soon stopped on Bayleef, and held their gaze.
"Glad to see me?" Bayleef asked.
"Glad to see you have evolved since I last saw you." Charmeleon said.
"And exactly how long ago was that?" Bayleef asked expectingly.
"Um, years ago?" Charmeleon said hesitantly.
"Exactly, years ago. I was starting to think you were trying to send a message to me, especially when you didn't even say goodbye when you left Pokemon Square." Bayleef said.
"Wait, you two know each other?" Pikachu asked, shocked.
"I'm not very strong right now, so I'll let her explain it to you all." Charmeleon grunted.
"And expain I shall. We've been inseperatable since we were very young, before we were a Charmeleon and a Bayleef, but as a Charmander and a Chikorita. We first met during an earthquake, trying to find shelter, and we both chose the same spot. I was seperated from my family, and he offered to help me find them, no matter how long it took. We found them after a few days, and, well, you don't just say thanks and never see them again, right? We were the closest friends you would ever hope to find, and we were happy that way. Years passed, and we grew stronger together, until we decided to from a Rescue team. We went by the name Team Wild Fire, but hit a big bump as we were just starting off. There were too many jobs at the time, and so few teams, that at one point we had to split up to help out. He went to Mt. Steel, while I was sent to Silent Chasm. His assignment went smoothly, but I wasn't so lucky. I was ambushed, and knocked out, and taken captive. Charmander immediately tried to save me, but he too was knocked, but managed to escape. He then sent any team he could find in to help me, and eventually, I was freed. For some reason though, after that he broke up the team and went solo, and seemed more distant, until I never heard form him again. A few years later, we had both evolved, but he didn't know I had as well. I was on my way to talk with Whiscash when I overheard him telling Charmeleon that he was to be relocated, and he put up a bit of a fight. He left the next day, not bothering to talk to anyone, not even his old friend. I decided I'd follow him, but lost track of him quickly, and decided to wait for news. I berated myself for missing the chance when he came back, then stepped up my efforts quite a bit to track him, and , a few weeks later, got news that a Charmeleon was doing incredible rescue work near a place called Treasure town. I didn't waste a minute, and departed as soon as my supplies were packed. Arriving there, I found out that he had already left for a place called Northern Desert, and, after getting directions, here I am." Bayleef explained.
"I never knew Charmeleon had a partner once." Pikachu said.
"Oh that's nice. Never even bothered to mention me, huh? Now that I've finally found you, I want to know. Why have you been avoiding me so much?" Bayleef asked.
"Because...because I failed you at Silent Chasm, and couldn't bring myself to face you again." Charmeleon said, then fell forwards, knocked out. Bayleef caught him with Vine whip, then put him on her back.
"Lead the way back to town." Bayleef said. Pikachu and Bulbasour led the way while everyone else hung back, making sure Charmeleon didn't fall off.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:57:03 AM
Charizard

Chapter 19: Once back, Pikachu and Bulbasour led Bayleef to the Rescue guild, and helped her set Charmeleon down on his bed.
"So...I finally know why he's avoided me, only to find that he blames himself for my mistake." Bayleef said softly.
"Um, hey Bulbasour? Shouldn't we go tell the others at Wigglytuff's guild about the news of Northern Desert?" Pikachu asked.
"Huh? Oh, yeah we should go now." Bulbasour said, getting the hint. They left, heading for Wigglytuff's guild, leaving Bayleef alone with Charmeleon.
"When you wake up, I'm going to tell you what a fool you've been for blaming yourself." Bayleef said, then left as well, taking a walk around town to pass the time.

"Squawk! Are you seriously saying that time has stopped in Northern Desert as well?" Chatot asked.
"Unfortunately, yes." Pikachu said grimly.
"By golly, didn't you say you got rid of the orb?" Bidoof asked.
"Yes, we did. And that is the weird part. We even went back, and saw the pieces of the orb on the ground, but nothing else. So, I'm stumped." Bulbasour said.
"Well, then our only clue is to go to Boulder Quarry." Wigglytuff said.
"Just like before, we can scout out Boulder Quarry and alert everyone if we see anything suspicious." Pikachu said.
"Good. In the mean time, we have no other option but to wait and gather supplies to be ready at a moments notice." Chatot said. Soon, the guild was buzzing with activity, gathering supplies necessary, and packing them up. Pikachu and Bulbasour decided to hurry things along by helping, then went into town to gather supplies of their own.
"We might need some berries, mostly Oran." Pikachu said.
"A few apples wouldn't hurt?" Bulbasour said.
"True. How much do we have saved up in our account?" Pikachu asked.
"Guess we'll have to stop by Duskull bank, cause I don't know." Bulbasour said. Once their errands were done, they headed back to the guild for the night, seeing as it was already dusk.
"Dinner's ready everyone!" Gallade announced.
"Great, I'm starving after a day like today." Leafeon said.
"Hey, Bayleef. Didn't you hear Gallade? Dinner time." Pikachu said.
"Coming." Bayleef said. She took one last look at Charmeleon, still sleeping, then went to eat. Once everyone had eaten, they retired to their rooms, leaving Bayleef confused, then deciding to room with Charmeleon. The next morning, Charmeleon was up on his feet once more, though not up to full strength.
"I really have to think things out more." Charmeleon grumbled to himself.
"You always were one to act, then think." Bayleef said, yawning.
"Good to see you haven't lost any of your humor over the years." Charmeleon said.
"I have my moments." Bayleef said.
"Like how you got intel on me, right?" Charmeleon asked.
"Right. Which reminds me, I still have to talk to you about blaming yourself for my mistake." Bayleef said.
"I was dreading this day." Charmeleon said.
"Well, you shouldn't have seperated from me in the first place!" Bayleef yelled.
"I couldn't stand to face you after I failed." Charmeleon said.
"Why blame yourself though? You got help, I was freed, yet you still acted like I was still trapped!" Bayleef exclaimed.
"I know, but...It was a pride thing. Knowing that I couldn't even save my best friend, well, that shook me." Charmeleon said.
"Never the less, stop blaming yourself, okay?" Bayleef asked.
"Fine. Besides, we have much more pressing matters at this point." Charmeleon said.
"Exactly. Pikachu and Bulbasour have already left to patrol that quarry, so in the mean time, why don't we go rescue some pokemon, for old times sake?" Bayleef asked.
"Sure, I'd love to." Charmeleon said.
"This is just what I hoped to accomplish. Team Wid Fire is back in business!" Bayleef cheered.
"Well, partner, let's see if you can keep up with me." Charmeleon said.
"Try the other way around." Bayleef said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:57:37 AM
Charizard

Chapter 20: Over the next few days, a steady routine was setting in. Pikachu and Bulbasour set off to scout Boulder Quarry, while everyone else went off on rescue work. One day...
"We're off once more. I've got mixed feelings about this. The longer that thing stays away, the longer the pokemon there will be safe, but the more paranoid I get." Pikachu said.
"I hear you. Every second I'm there, I jump at the slightest movement." Bulbasour said.
"Hold on you two. Look, since you've been doing this for so long, and because there aren't any jobs up, I'll go scout the area out today, everyone else can relax." Charmeleon said.
"When do we leave?" Bayleef asked.
"Not we, me. It's only scouting, which I can do myself." Charmeleon said.
"Humph." Bayleef grunted. Charmeleon left by himself a few minutes later, while everyone else was just now coming out of their rooms.
"What are you two still doing here?" Leafeon asked.
"Charmeleon decided to go himself today. We get to relax in the mean time." Pikachu said.
"Sweet! What should we do today?" Glaceon asked.
"I don't know. Bayleef, you okay?" Leafeon asked. Bayleef wasn't pleased at all, and showing it on her face.
"He's always leaving me behind." Bayleef complained.
"What do you mean?" Absol asked.
"I guess it's just his nature. He's always leaving to go places alone, whether it's to train or to rescue pokemon. That reminds me of a story, but...no, he'd probably be embarassed if I told that story." Bayleef said.
"What story?" Mightyena asked.
"Well...well if he gets mad, he shouldn't have left me behind again. He wasn't always the briliiant move expert you know today." Bayleef said.
"So? It's rare for anyone to be a prodigy for using moves." Pikachu said.
"True, but he was especially bad at them. This story takes place before we bacame a team, but after we met each other." Bayleef said.

*Flashback*
"Hey Charmander, are you going to go train again?" Chikorita asked.
"Yes. I'm sure I can get the hang of Fire Fang today." Charmander said. Charmander left for his usual training area, while Chikorita watched, as usual. Charmander stood a few feet away from a boulder, staring at it. He charged, his mouth wide open, jumped, and, with his tail in front of his mouth, bit down on the rock. After a pause, he got off and winced at the pain.
"Okay, that went well." Charmander said through bared teeth.
"I told you it wouldn't work." Chikorita said. Frustrated, Charmander shot the rock with an Ember, though it was a very weak one at that.
"Better than your other attempt." Chikorita encouraged. Charmander simply growled in frustration.
"Look, both you and I are just kids. We don't have to be able to fight Mewtwo at a moments notice you know." Chikorita said.
"I'm well aware of that, but I just know that I can get this!" Charmander said. He charged the rock once more, his hand pulled back, and slashed the rock full force. However, the only damage done was to Charmander's claws.
"Ouch. You okay?" Chikorita asked, worryingly.
"I'll live." Charmander said, cluching his claw.
"Charmander, no one will think any less of you if you can't do a Flamethrower on your first try." Chikorita said.
"I know, but I still want to try and perfect my moves." Charmander said.
'So there's nothing I can say to stop you from charging that rock again in an attempt to use Metal Claw?" Chikorita asked.
"Afraid not." Charmander said. He charged the rock once more, his good hand pulled back, and slashed it, only to the exact same result.
"Do I have to get you an Oran Berry? I've got one right here in fact." Chikorita offered.
"No. I think I have an idea, but I can't be healed." Charmander said. He ran at the rock in several more attampts, either trying to use Fire Fang or just charging head first. Finally, Charmander fell face forward on the ground, panting.
"It's not easy seeing your best friend hurt himself and won't let you help him, even though I can." Chikorita said. She gasped when the flame on his tail shot up, and Charmander stood back up on his feet, glaring at the boulder.
"Charmander?" Chikorita said tentively. She was even more amazed when Chrmander destroyed the rock in one shot with Flamethrower, and ran to congradulate him. She was soon running to help him when he collapsed onto the ground once more.

"For quite a while, he kept hurting himself to get Blaze activated, then could use his moves. However, he could only use them in extreme pain, which I stopped very quickly." Bayleef said.
"Well, considering how young he must have been, I'm surprised he could destroy that rock." Bulbasour said.
"Still, I can't believe he used to have that much trouble with his moves." Leafeon said with a shadow of a grin.
"Okay, now promise me that nobody breaths a word of this." Bayleef said.
"Promise." Everyone said.
"Okay, good. Now, go enjoy your day off." Bayleef said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:58:07 AM
Charizard

Chapter 21: Charmeleon came back late in the evening with no sign of the orb.
"Are you sure it's in Boulder Quarry Absol?" Charmeleon asked.
"Positive." Absol said.
"So long as you're sure." Charmeleon said.
"Well we've all already eaten, but I could get you something if you want." Gallade offered.
"No thanks, I had apples on my way back. Actually though, I'd like a word with you all." Charmeleon said.
"What about?" Pikachu asked.
"Well, this morning, after I left, I was going to go back and tell everyone else about what I was doing today. When I came back, I overheard that the news was already passed on, thank you by the way. Just as I was about to leave, I overheard your little story." Charmeleon said in a low growl. Everyone froze, all looking at Bayleef, wondering what would happen to her.
"Look, you left me behind, again after all this time, so why shouldn't I tell them a little about you?" Bayleef said defensively, though even an amatour could detect the fear in her voice.
"Oh I know, but that particular story? Really? Fine then, why don't I get my sweet revenge?" Charmeleon said.
"What do you mean?" Bayleef asked suspiciously. Turning to the guild, Charmeleon gestured to the middle of the room, where they gathered and sat down, all eyes on Charmeleon.
"Okay, I don't know what world she lives in where I'm terrible with my moves, but allow me to guide you all to the real world with what really happened, shall I?" Charmeleon said.
"Huh?" Bayleef asked.
"Well, from her point of view, yes, it would seem that I was having a great deal of trouble with my moves, but in reality, I was faking it to prevent her from being jealous. When you think about it, Bayleef, didn't it seem just a bit odd that when I slashed that rock, that my claws were still perfectly in tact?" Charmeleon asked.
"What? Oh yeah, I wondered about that, but thought your pain was from the after shock. Wait, you're saying you faked being hurt?!?" Bayleef yelled.
"Pretty much, but this is only where my revenge on you starts. Allow me to tell them of a time when you yourself tried your hand at moves." Charmeleon said smugly.
"Oh please not that story! Anything but that one!" Bayleef pleaded.
"No, never that one. I swore never to speak of it for your sake, and I won't. I will however, tell them of one that occured a year later." Charmeleon said.
"Wait, a year later...I don't want that one said either." Bayleef said softly.
"Well, in that case..."

*Flashback...again*
"Chikorita, are you seriously going to train today as well?" Charmander asked.
"Yep. You always make moves seem hard, I want to try them and see if they are really as difficult as you make them out to be." Chikorita said. Charmander followed her to the spot where Charmander always trains at, and he then took Chikorita's usual spot at the top of a nearby boulder.
"No wonder why you always sit up here. It's acually kinda nice up here." Charmander said.
"I know. And it has a perfect view of you getting hurt." Chikorita said. Charmander simply frowned at her in responce, making her giggle a bit.
"Okay okay, so what moves do you have in mind?" Charmander asked.
"Well, I think I'd try an easy looking move my mother always does. She calls it Energy Ball, and looks pretty easy." Chikorita said.
"Energy Ball? Let me see...wait a minute, I know that move." Charmander said. Chikorita stood facing the rock and concentrated hard, then spat at the rock.
"Umm, I'm not a grass type like you, but I don't think that's how it goes." Charmander said.
"I don't know what I did wrong though. I faced my target, concentrated, then spat at it, but a ball didn't form." Chikorita said.
"Try an easier one, like Vine Whip." Charmander said.
"Vine Whip? I've never seen that one used." Chikorita said.
"Hmm, then try a different one you've seen." Charmander said. Chikorita thought for a minute, then came up with something.
"I've seen my dad use this one at the dojo, but said that it took some real determination to do. He said it was called Solarbeam or something." Chikorita said.
"Wow, wait a minute. That is ranked up there with Hydro Pump and Fire Blast. It's a really powerful move, maybe you should try something else." Chrmander said.
"No, I think I've seen him do it enough." Chikorita said reasuringly. She looked up at the sun and stared at it for a bit. When nothing happened, she looked back at the rock, but couldn't see it, or anything for that matter.
"I'm blind!" Chikorita shouted.
"And that's why you don't look at the sun." Charmander wanted to say, but was too good of a friend to acually say it, and escorted her home.

"It wasn't for another week until she got her eyesight back." Charmeleon said with a small grin. Bayleef blushed deeply as the guild laughed at the story, and she ran to a room which no one used.
"She seems mad at you." Bulbasour said.
"She can hold a grudge, but it may not matter." Charmeleon said.
"And why is that?" Pikachu asked.
"Because I'm being relocated again pretty soon and can't bring her with me." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:58:38 AM
Charizard

Chapter 22: "You're being relocated?!?" Pikachu exclaimed.
"Afraid so." Charmeleon said.
"But, why?" Bulbasour asked.
"Things are starting to be peaceful, peaceful enough that my services are no longer needed here and that the rest of you can take things from here." Charmeleon said.
"Well then, why can't I come along?" Bayleef asked, coming out of the room.
"The letter said that I was to go alone because I'm the only one who can handle that area." Charmeleon said.
"When do you have to leave?" Leafeon asked.
"I'm due to leave tomorrow morning." Charmeleon said.
"Why now? Of all the times we need you here, you're leaving." Glaceon said.
"I know. The businees with the orb has me worried." Charmeleon said.
"Doesn't the Rescue Team Organization realize this area is still in danger?" Absol asked.
"They do, but feel that I'm best used elsewhere." Charmeleon said.
"I can't believe you're leaving me again." Bayleef said.
"I'm sorry, but I have no say in this matter." Charmeleon said bitterly.
"At least tell us where you're being sent to." Mightyena said.
"I'm being sent to an area far away, across the sea in fact. The pokemon there have a town established called Verdona city." Charmeleon said.
"Verdona? Never heard of it." Bayleef said.
"I have." Pikachu said.
"As have I. Verdona city is a place far away across the sea, as Charmeleon has already explained. However, the pokemon there are very odd. They view themselves as insignificant being only placed on this planet to worship legendary pokemon." Bulbasour said.
"Okay, just one question pops to mind. Why?" Charmeleon asked.
"Not sure. They don't even know themselves, just that they were sent to worship the legendary pokemon. That's pretty much all they do, not taking much care of themselves, probably why you have to go there." Pikachu said.
"Great. Just great." Charmeleon grumbled.
"You know, I'm not sure they even want to be saved." Bulbasour said.
"How so?" Charmeleon asked.
"Well, quite a few pokemon have gone missing there, but no one paid even the slightest bit of worry. If they returned, the rest would say that they were spairred to worship longer." Bulbasour said.
"Unbelievable! Are they that stupid?!?" Charmeleon raged.
"Yes they are. Not one Rescue team or Exploration team in the bunch." Pikachu said.
"How have they survived this long through the disasters without any protectors?" Leafeon asked.
"Not very well. But, as I said before, they don't care." Bulbasour said.
"And I'm being sent there? If I do my rescue work, the ones I rescue will probably hate me for defying the will of the legendary pokemon!" Charmeleon mocked.
"As a matter of fact, that's exactly correct. I visited the place once, and asked the chief there about the missing pokemon. He told me that they were banished for not praying hard enough, and anyone who aids them will be banished." Pikachu said.
"So that means you'll only be hated if you go there." Bayleef said.
"Yeah, stinks huh?" Charmeleon said.
"You can't leave to go there!" Pikachu said.
"I have to." Charmeleon said.
"Look, forget what the Rescue Team Organization says, you cannot leave to help pokemon who will only dispise you for it!" Bulbasour said.
"I'm not doing this for the organization, but for the pokemon there." Charmeleon said, and couldn't be persuaded otherwise. The next day, Charmeleon gathered up his supplies and. with a sad farewell to the guild, left for Verdona. After five days over the sea, he arrived at his destination, and immediately went to town. In town, he soon spotted the chief, a Xatu, and went to talk with him.
"Excuse me, is this Verdona?" Charmeleon asked.
"Indeed it is young one. Have you come to join our worshipping?" Xatu asked.
"No, not really. In fact, the reason I'm here is because of your worshipping." Charmeleon said.
"What do you mean?" Xatu asked.
"I'm a rescuer, sent here to save the pokemon of this area from harm." Charmeleon said.
"You'll do no such thing!" Xatu exclaimed.
"Why not?" Charmeleon asked, though he knew the answer, he wanted to hear it for himself.
"The pokemon that have gone missing deserved it! As a-" Xatu was cut off right there as Charmeleon had grabbed him, then threw him onto the ground. Xatu rolled away just in time to avoid a Flamethrower.
"What is the meaning of this?!?" Xatu exclaimed. He gulped as Charmeleon stomped up to him and got near his face.
"Never say missing pokemon deserved it." Charmeleon said in a low, threatening voice, then marched away furious, looking for a place to set up as far away as possible.
"It seems that I must take matters into my own wings to make sure that this one leaves." Xatu said.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:59:45 AM
Charizard

Chapter 23: A week passed by in agonizing slowness for Charmeleon. Rescuing pokemon in this area wasn't like any other place. As soon as Charmeleon got the pokemon out of the dungeon and to safety, they would slap him and scold him for interfering with the will of the legendary pokemon. This went on so many times that Charmeleon is currently very close to snapping. The next day...
"I've never been one to ask for a reward, but at least they could be grateful." Charmeleon mumbled. Pelipper came and delivered him mail consisting of his jobs for the day. Since the pokemon don't seem to want to be helped, no jobs are posted, therefor Pelipper gives Charmeleon reports of pokemon that have gone missing, and he goes to find them.
"Great, I get to go back to Magni Cavern again." Charmeleon said darkly. When he got to Magni Cavern, he was immediately ambushed by a monster house, though he made quick work of them, his haste out of irritation. Upon reaching the final floor, he pulled out the job description and confirmed he had found the missing Noctowl.
"Okay, let's go." Charmeleon said. he grabbed the struggling Noctowl and warped out of there, and back to the entrance of the town. Noctowl began to scold Charmeleon, like all the others, but he had had enough and went home early, ignoring the angry shouts.
"I'm fine with not getting a reward. Always have been, always will be fine with not getting a reward. No, what really ticks me off is being yelled at for saving lives!" Charmeleon ranted. Later that day, just before he went to sleep, three pokemon, hidden by the shadows, appeared at the entrance of the small cave he used as a base.
"Who are you?" Charmeleon asked.
"We have come to get you." One said.
"It's about time you leave this place." Another said.
"Let's go. You know you don't belong here." The last one said.
"I'm a rescuer, and no matter how much I want to leave, I can't just abandon the pokemon here that need help. Pikachu, Bulbasour, Bayleef, you three should know that." Charmeleon said. They came closer and into the light of the fire Charmeleon had set up.
"We've asked around this place, and they say you have been nothing but an idiot, and are viewed as a criminal here." Bayleef said.
"What else is new?" Charmeleon asked.
"Okay, they also said that they plan on running you out of this place." Bulabsour said.
"That wouldn't be the first attempt." Charmeleon said.
"If you have an answer for everything, then what are we supossed to do about Treasure Town? It's frozen in time!" Pikachu yelled. That got Charmeleon's full attention.
"But how? When I left, Boulder Quarry was still the target, and it was peaceful. I've been away for about twelve days, how could things be that bad?" Charmeleon asked.
"When you left, I took over the guild and sent Mightyena to patrol Boulder Quarry. After a full day of not hearing from him, Pikachu and Bulbasour went to investigate, and, after a few hours, came back with sad faces and Mightyena, frozen in time. The next day, Treeshroud Forest was the target, and I sent Leafeon and Glaceon to patrol, but another day passed without hearing from them. Once again, they were brought back by Pikachu and Bulbaosur, also frozen. Before we could even blink, Absol warned us about Crystal Crossing. Team Accel went with plenty of supplies in case something went wrong. Sadly, it wasn't enough and, well, do I even have to say it? With all the Time Gears out of power, our entire region started to stop. We fled as far south as possible and grabbed a ride here to get your help. Only, Absol just wasn't fast enough." Bayleef said sadly.
"Everyone is frozen, leaving just us." Pikachu said.
"We need your help now!" Bulbasour said.
"As a rescuer, I go wherever pokemon are in trouble the most, and I was sent here for that very reason." Charmeleon said. They started to leave, their heads hung low.
"However. Things seem to have changed, eh?" Charmeleon said. They quickly headed toward the sea, Bayleef, Pikachu, and Bulbasour grinning happily that they have Charmeleon again. When they reached their destination, Charmeleon gasped in horror. He saw the entire region turned black and grey, no movement in sight. Walking a little bit ahead, he saw Absol, frozen in mid jump, his face showing his fear as his head was looking back.
"Poor Absol." Charmeleon said, then moved on with the others. They reached their guild, and Charmeleon saw the rest of his crew frozen, just like Absol.
"This is terrible, but one thing come to mind. When I was here, the orb didn't appear for a few days between attacks, yet when I leave, it suddenly goes attack happy?" Charmeleon pondered.
"That is strange when you think about it." Pikachu said.
"We can thing about it later, but right now, what are we going to do?" Bayleef asked.
"On my trip here for the first time, I wasn't just walking. I read about some history here, and about a few legends. One of them said something about Dialga living in Temporal Tower, in a place called Hidden Land. If Temporal Tower is damaged, so is time itself." Charmeleon said.
"Temporal Tower must be destroyed if time has stopped, so what can we do now?" Bulbasour asked.
"I know this sounds crazy, but I know the answer to our problem. If we can get to Celebi, we can, hopefully, get to Temporal Tower and stop it from coming down." Charmeleon said.
"But where is Celebi?" Bayleef asked.
"I've been to many places when I worked alone, and one of them actually led me to Celebi, believe it or not. She lives in Serenity Grove, a place not too far from here, but should be safe." Charmeleon said.
"Okay then, that's what we'll do. We have to find Celebi and get her to help." Pikachu said.
Old December 1, 2010, 11:00:49 AM
Charizard

Chapter 24: Making their way through the dense forest, Charmeleon led the way to Serenity Forest, all the while being cautious not to set anything on fire with his tail.
"It's right up ahead." Charmeleon said.
"About time." Bayleef said, slightly panting.
"Are you going soft on me?" Charmeleon asked.
"No! Why would you say that?" Bayleef demanded.
"You already seem winded, yet we still have the trip through the dungeon to make." Charmeleon said.
"I'm doing better than them." Bayleef said. Behind her, Pikachu and Bulbasour were struggling to keep up, breathing heavely.
"Okay you two. We'll rest up at the entrance of the dungeon, but not for long, got it?" Charmeleon said. At the entrance, Pikachu and Bulbasour plopped down on the ground alongside Bayleef.
"Is he always like this?" Pikachu murmured.
"As long as I've known him." Bayleef replied with equal silence.
"Okay, we'll stay here for a few minutes, then off into the forest." Charmeleon said.
"I can already tell I'll have a terrible time in there." Pikachu said.
"Relax. I've got this easily." Charmeleon said.
"Yeah, but electric types can't use Flamethrower you know." Pikachu said.
"What about a Manetric?" Charmeleon said. (It's true! In Blue Rescue Team, I taught my Manetric Flamethrower and Overheat no lie!)
"How deep does this dungeon go anyway?" Bulbasour asked.
"About 100 floors." Charmeleon said casually.
"100 floors?!?" Pikachu exclaimed.
"Yep, which means we'd better get started, huh?" Charmeleon said.
"How can we travel through 100 floors?" Bayleef asked.
"The same way we go through any other dungeon. You guys act like you've never been through a dungeon this long before." Charmeleon said.
"And you have?" Bulbasour asked.
"Planty of times. How do you think I got so much endurance?" Charmeleon said.
"You may be able to do this with ease, but me and Bulbasour have never gone through more than 25 floors at one time." Pikachu said.
"Then I'll come to you instead." A voice echoed.
"Who said that?" Pikachu yelled, looking around.
"Celebi of course." Charmeleon said simply. A flash of light blinded them for a brief moment, then faded to reveal a pink Celebi hovering in the air.
"It's been a while Charmeleon." Celebi said.
"Has it?" Charmeleon said.
"Yes. It's been years since you've last ventured into my domain." Celebi said.
"Get in line. I'm still bugging him about that." Bayleef said.
"Sorry, but I've come on bad business." Charmeleon said.
"I already know. As a pokemon that can time travel, I am fully aware that time has stopped in your area. And mor by the minute." Celebi said.
"It's spreading?" Pikachu said alarmed.
"Figures." Charmeleon said.
"I assume you've come to ask me for help to get to Temporal Tower, correct?" Celebi asked.
"Would I be out of line in saying yes?" Charmeleon asked.
"Not at all. I'm perfectly able to get you to the Hidden Land, but we must act now. Oh! I forgot something. Please tell me you have the Time Gears." Celebi said.
"What for? They've lost all their power." Charmeleon said.
"Temporal Tower is the place where they were made! If you bring the gears there, their power will be fully restored!" Celebi said.
"Oh. Well then. I have two gears with me. The one from Fogbound lake, and the one from the Northern Desert, which I got when I went back to servey the area." Charmeleon said, pulling them out.
"I grabbe the one from Boulder Quarry. Or I should say Mightyena grabbed it and I pulled it from him." Pikachu said.
"Leafeon had the one from Treeshroud Forest, which I got." Bulbasour siad.
"And Lucario managed to get the last one from Crystal Crossing." Bayleef said.
"I'm sorry for your loses, but we must move quickly." Celebi said.
"Right. Is the gate ready?" Charmeleon asked.
"Gate?" Bayleef asked.
"My Time Gate. It allows me to travel anywhere and any when." Celebi said.
"Wow." Pikachu commented.
"It's at floor 3." Celebi said.
"Perfect! We can get there in no time." Bulbasour said. They made their way through the first and second floor, arriving to the third, and the Time Gate.
"Just like I remember it." Charmeleon said.
"Will you be joining us Celebi?" Pikachu asked.
"No, I cannot. The guardian of Temporal Tower is Dialga, the Temporal pokemon. My abilities would be useless against him. Plus, I must remain here to protect my home from being frozen. Charmeleon, when this is over, promise to visit more often? This place, while lovely, gets very boring at times." Celebi said.
"If I remember." Charmeleon said. He jumped into the gate with Bayleef, Pikachu, and Bulbasour, and instantly felt sick. When they landed on the Hidden Land, it took everyone a while to recover from that trip.
"I can't beleive this. The Hidden Land is...floating!" Charmeleon said.
"No it's not, but the tower is!" Bayleef said. They stood at the entrance to Temporal Tower, looking up and gazing at it's vast hieght.
"Well, better get started. This won't be an easy trip to make." Charmeleon said.
Old December 1, 2010, 11:01:22 AM
Charizard

Chapter 25: It was a long an tedious trip up Temporal Tower. Floor after floor, Pikachu and Bulbasour thought it would never end. After encountering multiple pokemon, and even more floors, they finally reached the pinacle, and recieved a surprise. In the middle of the floor, they saw Darkrai and Dialga battling it out, with Dialga losing.
"What is going on here?" Pikachu asked.
"If I knew I'd tell you." Charmeleon said. The battle waged on, and Dialga was starting to show signs of fatigue, while Darkrai was still in top performance, which puzzled Charmeleon.
"Hey!" Charmeleon yelled. The two combatants looked over at them, and Darkrai showed a breif flash of fear.
"Excuse me Dialga. This is probably a bad time for you, but time is stopping in multiple areas in their region, and we were hoping you would help." Charmeleon said.
"DARKRAI HERE IS THE REASON WHY TIME IS STOPPING." Dialga said.
"What do you mean?" Charmeleon asked.
"LET HIM TELL YOU." Dialga said.
"It matters not if you know how things came to be, for your fate will be the same as the others. It all takes place many millenea ago, when I happened to anger a Ninetails. I placed her mate in a nightmare state for all eternity, and she reaped her revenge on me by cursing me into a red orb. I was then placed in Zero Island Center, and remained there for years. Over that time, my powers slowly returned to me, and I spread my power over the area to weaken all the pokemon who come to Zero Island areas. Although, my powers were still too weak, and I fear I would have never broken free, if not for the Exploration Guild coming right to me. Their Luminous Orbs did give them protection from my powers, and they attacked my prison with much strength. Though they could not brake it, they did weaken it enough that so much of my power returned to me. Enough for me to teleport away, even confined in that prison. I meant to go farther, but I landed in Foggy Forest, where that orb was once again draining me. However, my powers drained the energy from the Time Gear near that area, and I was returning to my full strength. Once more, my rpison was attacked, and the damage was so great, I was able to absorb the rest of the Time Gear and teleport away when they had left. My next target was the Northen Desert, and I was pleased beyond anything you could imagine when I got there. I immediately started draining the Time Gear, but you arrived before I could finish. I was frustrated because I thought I wouldn't be able to absorb all of it and would have to come back to it later. But I was pleasantly proven wrong. My joy at finally being rid of that prison after millenea was beyond joy. I hid myself before you could see me, and went straight for the Time Gear. I beat Mesprit easily, and drained the Time Gear. Though I was at my full strength, I realized that the Time Gear's energy was giving me more power than I ever thought, so I decided to find the rest. But, a hole in my plan surfaced after thinking about it. You Charmeleon. You did what I couldn't do after millenea. You broke my prison, and for awhile, I feared you would seek me out and destroy me. But once again fortune smiled on me, and you were sent away. Far enough that I was free to drain the rest of the gears without fear, and drain them I did. Deciding it was time to get the full extent of my power, I came here to destroy Temporal Tower, but Dialga stood in my way, and we fought. Now you're caught up." Darkrai said.
"It was you? All this time, you were the one who caused so much trouble?" Charmeleon asked through clenched teeth.
"Indeed, and I'm about to become all powerful by taking down this tower." Darkrai said. He launched a sneak attack on Dialga, and he was thrown off the side of the tower, and sent for a long fall.
"Ooh, that'll hurt. Now then, time for you to meet the same fate. Any last words?" Darkrai asked.
"Just three. Bring it on!" Charmeleon shouted. Darkrai launched a Shadow Ball the size of a boulder at them, but was repelled easily with Flamethrower. Darkrai dodged his own attack and dove at them, barely avoiding a Thunderbolt. He even dodged a double Solarbeam. Just as he was right on top of Pikachu, he was struck hard on the side by Flamethrower. Charmeleon ruthlessly followed up with Dragon Rage, combined with Blast Burn. The combined attack hit Darkai fiercely, and caused a giant explosion that nearly sent all of them off the side.
"Did he do it? Is Darkrai gone?" Bulbasour asked.
"Afraid not." Charmeleon said grimly. Darkrai was still standing, though he showed many signs of injuries all over him.
"I'm not going to lie, that actually hurt quite a bit. I even thought I was a goner for a second. But now you've asked for it. I hope you enjoy a life time of nightmares!" Darkrai shouted, and four black orbs formed in his hand. He threw the balls at them, and only Charmeleon was fast enough to jump out of the way.
"Three down, one to go." Darkrai said, forming another ball. Shot after shot he fired at Charmeleon, missing each time.
"Why won't you stay still?!?" Darkrai said frustrated.
"Because I'm going to make you pay for your crimes. I will not stop until you are gone for good!" Charmeleon shouted, and fired a Dragon Rage at him. The attack landed, and Darkrai was panting at this point, struggling to stay focused. Charmeleon kept up the rapid fire Dragon Rage attacks, and eventually Darkrai collapsed onto the ground, injured sevearly. Charmeleon stood over him, an angry look on his face.
"What are you going to do, kill me?" Darkrai grunted.
"Nope. I'm going to do something even worse than death." Charmeleon said.
"What is worse than death?" Darkrai asked.
"SPENDING AN ETERNITY IN YOUR PRISON COMES TO MIND." Dialga said, rising from the side of the tower.
"My thoughts exactly." Charmeleon said. Dialga charged up a red ball of energy, and fired it at Darkrai, who was swallowed up by it. All that remained was a red orb. Charmeleon turned and was relieved to see that Bayleef and the others were awake.
"What happened?" Bayleef asked.
"DARKRAI HAS BEEN DEFEATED. AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU CHARMELEON. TIME IS ONCE MORE RESUMING IN YOUR AREA, AND YOU HAVE SAVED MY LIFE. I AM IN YOUR DEBT." Dialga said.
"You single handedly beat Darkrai?" Pikachu asked in awe.
"You're stronger than I thought." Bulbasour said.
"Time for us to go home. But, how do we without the Time Gate?" Bayleef asked.
"ALLOW ME TO HELP. IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO." Dialga said. They were warped all together, and found themselves back at their guild, with the entire crew ready and confused.
"What just happened?" Absol asked.
"You tell them." Charmeleon said, then headed for his bed.
The next day, Charmeleon got up and recieved a letter in the mail.
"Are they kidding me?" Charmeleon asked.
"What's wrong?" Bayleef asked.
"It says here that because I left my area, I can no longer be trusted as a rescuer and am hereby stripped of my rank." Charmeleon said.
"They can't do that! You saved this area!" Pikachu said in protest.
"I don't really mind that much anyways." Charmeleon said.
"Huh? Whay not?" Bu;lbasour asked.
"Because I'm going into an early retirement. I've had my fill of adventures, and I'm not needed here. I've decided to head ack to my home tomorrow." Charmeleon said.
"WHAT?!?" The guild exclaimed.
"You can't leave! What about the guild?" Lucario asked.
"Pikachu and Bulbasour can take over." Charmeleon said.
"Really? Us?" Pikachu asked.
"Yep. You two were the first to join me here, and have proven yourselves time and again you have what it takes to be first class rescuers." Charmeleon said.
"And what am I suppossed to do?" Bayleef asked.
"I can't decide that. You have to choose what you want to do." Charmeleon said.
"I think I'll stay here and keep and eye on these guys. I'll make sure they stay on the right track without you here." Bayleef asked.
"Good. I was oping you'd do that." Charmeleon said.

And so, like all other good stories, this one must come to it's end. Hope you enjoyed this story, because this was the final chapter in Rescue Team meets Exploration Team.

Fin
Old December 1, 2010, 11:02:06 AM
Charizard

Okay, I said I'd tell you when I finished transfering, and I'm done. Let me know what you think of it
Old December 1, 2010, 04:14:09 PM
Regigigas

That was pretty cool.
You should consider RPing since your very creative in your writing.
Old December 2, 2010, 04:07:27 AM
Charizard

What do you mean RPing?