Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions If you're new, this is your first stop after signing up!

Search this Thread
Old November 26, 2013, 05:51:19 AM
Pikachu

Default PCHOO! Look what just flew in!

Ahaha, sup guy's, I'm a newbie here. I suppose this is the place where I tell a little history of me, so here goes!

I was first introduced to Pokémon waaay back years ago, when I was a little kid. People at my school used to have these things called Pokémon cards, I was surely interested in them but I never got the chance to buy any cards myself.

A few years later, when Pokémon Diamond and Pearl had been released, I decided to get into the gaming of Pokémon. I had been given Pokémon Diamond with a new Nintendo DS lite. Ever since then, I've loved that game; definitely not a waste of money.

After Diamond and Pearl, Pokémon Platinum came out. This version is probably my most favourite because of the graphics and also I liked the story line too.

Pokémon Champion Cynthia is my favourite champion out of all games. She was the most tough champion I've ever had to face so far and the only champion that I feel most proud of winning against. don't forget she's the hottest thing

Before I head off to school, I used to watch Pokémon episodes from the anime. I'm not sure what happened to them, I don't see them anymore when I wake up early enough. I've also watched a lot of the Pokémon movies; the first one I've ever got to sit down and watch on Television was The Rise of Darkrai, the rest I've had to buy on DVD, etc.

I'm currently collecting a lot of Pokémon cards, Pokémon games and starting to get into the Pokémon plush toys (my room is looking a little boring, haha). I've got around 200 cards, I started collecting this year while I was taking a long trip to visit the United States all the way from Australia. I've had a fair few Pokémon games; Ruby, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2 and Pokémon Y. A lot of these games that I've had are lost now though, which leaves me with Heart Gold, White, Black 2 and Pokémon Y. All my Nintendo games seem to disappear a lot.

Recently in my Pokémon Y game, I've been getting into the competitive side with all those IV's and EV's, natures ect. I sort of wish none of these exist, especially IV's, haha. It's so tedious and time consuming. In the end though, all that hard work is worth it when you win the battle with those well bred Pokémon.

So yeah, that's a little history of me and my Pokémon life. I hope it wasn't too much!
Old November 26, 2013, 07:22:04 AM
Haxorus

Yooooooooooo welcome to VR! You sound like a huge Poke- fan, and another battler hell yes! Theres a Gym League coming soon so maybe you could challenge that?
Old November 26, 2013, 08:24:48 AM

That's quite some history you've got there. Welcome to the forums, I enjoy playing the TCG and battling on wifi. :3
Old November 26, 2013, 11:55:17 AM
Floatzel

Welcome to Victory Road! I'm new to the battling scene myself. So tedious, but so worth it.

Last edited by Tarellethiel; November 26, 2013 at 11:55:48 AM.
Old November 26, 2013, 12:04:39 PM
Giratina

Hey there, Vantas! Your story is a little like mine, that's just about how I got into Pokémon gaming too! Ooh, and don't get me started on Sinnoh Champion Cynthia~ Welcome and have a great time~
Old November 26, 2013, 12:19:03 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the club! You're sure to meet plenty of interesting folks.
Old November 26, 2013, 04:34:24 PM
Pikachu

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your comments.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
Yooooooooooo welcome to VR! You sound like a huge Poke- fan, and another battler hell yes! Theres a Gym League coming soon so maybe you could challenge that?
What's the Gym League? I'm interested in challenging it.
Old November 26, 2013, 04:59:09 PM
Giratina

Interested, eh? Well it's still under development and I don't care for all the picky details, but the previous gym league was composed of members (like me) who used great mono-type teams (like Grass) and accepted challenges from any member who wanted a battle for a badge. Functions just how it does ingame.
Old November 26, 2013, 05:05:03 PM
Charizard

Talking

Nice! Welcome Vanitas! You seem pretty freaking awesome considering you're both a Pokemon AND Kingdom Hearts fan!
Old November 26, 2013, 08:34:03 PM
Kyurem

Howdy! And welcome to VR! I'll add ya to my recent massive friend list on my 3ds. If you need pokemons i'll trade with ya. (or from other members)
Old November 27, 2013, 08:10:53 AM
Mudkip

Welcome! I hope you have a great time here!
I had started out with Platinum, and that one is y favorite one too.

Last edited by Karpy ~aka Zoroarklover~; November 27, 2013 at 08:13:09 AM.
Old November 29, 2013, 08:30:35 AM
Servine

Welcome! I'm sure your make lots of friends In no time!