Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 14, 2009, 01:20:39 PM
Pikachu

Default how do you fix viruses :?:

my friend has awesome pokemon but doesn't trade with bigged games. I stupidly traded a bugged lapras with an Item, can I just release the lapras with the item (i never took it of) to "debug" my game or am I just screwed and use an action replay to get 17 aceuses?
Old October 14, 2009, 01:53:39 PM
Administrator

Default Re: how do you fix viruses :?:

Are you referring to Pokérus, which you should try your hardest to keep in your game?
Old October 14, 2009, 07:56:04 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon
Are you referring to Pokérus, which you should try your hardest to keep in your game?
I think he's specifying more about hacks.

And there is no real way of un-hacking your game, but I suppose if you did delete the lapras it your friend might let you trade, if you did indeed mean hacked, and not Pokérus. If it is Pokérus, do as cat said above.
Old October 14, 2009, 08:04:41 PM
Administrator

Then again, there was a extremely bad Bad Egg that was being passed around on GameFAQs last year. It would crash the game (not delete the save) if it was deposited in a PC and couldn't be released, so it was stuck in the party. The only hope was to trade it through Wi-Fi, so people kept sending them out. The absolutely worst aspect was that it would hatch and corrupt the save data after about 15,000 steps, so you couldn't just play the game with a 5-Pokémon team.

Edit: Oh, the guy that started distributing them was banned from GameFAQs and another forum he was on and his info was blacklisted.
Old October 14, 2009, 08:09:53 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Then again, there was a extremely bad Bad Egg that was being passed around on GameFAQs last year. It would crash the game (not delete the save) if it was deposited in a PC and couldn't be released, so it was stuck in the party. The only hope was to trade it through Wi-Fi, so people kept sending them out. The absolutely worst aspect was that it would hatch and corrupt the save data after about 15,000 steps, so you couldn't just play the game with a 5-Pokémon team.

Edit: Oh, the guy that started distributing them was banned from GameFAQs and another forum he was on and his info was blacklisted.
Couldn't you give it to the daycare, or GTS it? I guess you could send it to a new game, and then start over...
Old October 14, 2009, 08:12:31 PM
Administrator

The daycare crashed it too, and you can't put an egg on the GTS. Ranch won't pick it up because it's not in the PC.
Old October 14, 2009, 08:45:23 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
The daycare crashed it too, and you can't put an egg on the GTS. Ranch won't pick it up because it's not in the PC.
I guess that means your either doomed, or you'll have to trade it away, or AR it to another pokémon...

Did it crash PBR when you tried to use it too?
Old October 14, 2009, 08:59:52 PM
Administrator

I don't know anything about PBR with it. It was just what others reported.
Old October 18, 2009, 04:15:28 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss4mario
my friend has awesome pokemon but doesn't trade with bigged games. I stupidly traded a bugged lapras with an Item, can I just release the lapras with the item (i never took it of) to "debug" my game or am I just screwed and use an action replay to get 17 aceuses?
I have a definitive answer. When a game has any kind of exposition to hacks (it can be as simple as putting an un-hacked game in a system that has had an AR in its slot at some point), you are screwed unless you have it purged, or you delete all data. But be careful! When you put a hacked game in a system that has never had an AR in its slot, that system would then act as if an AR had been in its slot at some point. Now do you know why I won't trade with you, Cat?
Old October 18, 2009, 05:07:04 PM
Administrator

Proof please. I mean, seriously. Not from Nintendo, either. I want to see a page with an expert analysis on how exactly a DS is modified by an Action Replay, no BS opinions or uncited "evidence".
Old October 18, 2009, 05:12:10 PM
Shaymin

Actually, that might be true if you were trading with a DSi, which saves internal memory, but since it doesn't save memory of games when they're a physical cart, it's probably not true.
Old October 18, 2009, 05:23:53 PM
Administrator

Oh, and I'm going to need some VERY good evidence now, because I found a couple topics on Nintendo Tech Support saying the Action Replay doesn't touch the DS.

This is your last chance to admit you're lying, isbragg.
Old October 18, 2009, 08:50:57 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss4mario
I have a definitive answer. When a game has any kind of exposition to hacks (it can be as simple as putting an un-hacked game in a system that has had an AR in its slot at some point), you are screwed unless you have it purged, or you delete all data. But be careful! When you put a hacked game in a system that has never had an AR in its slot, that system would then act as if an AR had been in its slot at some point. Now do you know why I won't trade with you, Cat?
... That kind of reminds me of AIDS.

Quote:
Oh, and I'm going to need some VERY good evidence now, because I found a couple topics on Nintendo Tech Support saying the Action Replay doesn't touch the DS.

It does seem like he's lying, because the game wouldn't need to know if you had used it on another game, and there is no 'hacked' value on a pokemon/game either...
Old October 20, 2009, 03:23:04 PM
Volcarona

Quote:

You're forgetting the internal RAM that's usually used for DS Download Play. Why Nintendo says that, I don't know. What I have heard has come from a Game Freak spokesperson, Peakock-King. Some evidence would be when your game reports that the save data is corrupt, or worse, deleted. It actually happened to a friend of mine who used the AR extensively. It was at that point that he had his system purged, and it hasn't happened since. I don't think I'm lying.
Old October 20, 2009, 03:56:48 PM
Shaymin

DS Download Play never sends information that's kept on the DS Card or the DS(i). The only instance I can think of is when the Transformers DS games for the first movie had a special vehicle that could be transformed into and unlocked via Download Play. So, the internal memory is most likely wiped or insignificant at that point.
Old October 21, 2009, 09:08:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isbragg
Quote:

You're forgetting the internal RAM that's usually used for DS Download Play. Why Nintendo says that, I don't know. What I have heard has come from a Game Freak spokesperson, Peakock-King. Some evidence would be when your game reports that the save data is corrupt, or worse, deleted. It actually happened to a friend of mine who used the AR extensively. It was at that point that he had his system purged, and it hasn't happened since. I don't think I'm lying.
I see no evidence, not even a pasted-together Wikipedia article. I think you are lying.
Old October 21, 2009, 11:18:07 AM
Volcarona

I'm going to see if I can get Peakock-King to post here to end this little squabble. I'm not wanting to deal with it any more.
Old October 21, 2009, 12:28:52 PM
Administrator

Yes, please do that (and please don't fake it).