Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > Role-Playing: Sign-Ups and Characters

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 1, 2012, 06:15:23 PM
Kyurem

Default An Imbalance in the Universes... (restarted - sign-ups)

I haven't been in an RP in a while, and this went down well last time, so I thought maybe I should restart it. Plus I think I could maybe GM it a little better.

So, if you're new or you've forgotten, the premise of this is basically that Pokemon have somehow crossed universes into the real world. However, what's different from the last one is the setting.

This takes place in the fictional town of Lockwood, Minnesota. A small, wooded town in northeastern Minnesota, it has a very tightly-knit community. And it's the first place that Pokemon have started appearing.

Rules for the RP, well... use common sense. Nowadays these RP rules just go without saying.

Character sheet    
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:

My character    
Name: Nicholas Parker
Appearance: Nick is a fairly tall guy for his age, standing at 5'10", although he's rather underweight. He has green eyes covered by thick-framed glasses, and curly black hair. He wears a gray sweatshirt and khaki pants.
Personality: Hailing from North Carolina, Nick can be considered a geek - or at least as much of one as you can get in the South. However, he's somewhat sociable for one. He'll make an effort to talk with people.
Background: Nick comes from a farming family from the Carolinas. They made enough money from their farm that it could support Nick's interest in technology. He got his first computer at age 11, and has been addicted ever since. His family moved to Minneapolis just a few months ago, and they quickly started a new farm there.

That's it, I guess.

Last edited by NismoZ; November 1, 2012 at 06:53:44 PM.
Old November 1, 2012, 06:25:12 PM
Shaymin

Before rejoining, I have a question. Is Minneapolis a new state or something? Are you thinking of Minnesota?
Old November 1, 2012, 06:55:12 PM
Kyurem

Minnesota it is, thanks for pointing that out.

Damn states with cities whose names sound like the states they're in...
Old November 1, 2012, 07:11:18 PM
Shaymin

Name: Aaron Empory
Appearance: He looks like this.
Name:  Aaron.png
Views: 171
Size:  2.2 KB
He has really pale skin with grey (color) hair with a black underneath. He wears generally dark blue and black clothes, and has white shoes. He has a bracelet that is made of chain links.
Personality: Very calm, rarely worries, but still has an impulsive personality that always seems to bring him into strange situations. He doesn't care about what people think of him, really, so he doesn't have a problem with talking to anyone he doesn't know; But his approaches are never sudden.
Background: Aaron doesn't do much with his time but leisure in nature. Though he doesn't like being in his house, he doesn't like being 10 feet deep in woods. HE would rather just be at an outside venue that anywhere else; So he like being at parks and such and is usually seen there. He has been know to make friends really easily, but has been know to not make good ones too. He doesn't have a problem with relinquishing any item of his, even friends, so many of his acquaintances come and go pretty quickly.

I know that isn't much of a background, but he is not very productive to have a background.

Last edited by teamplasma; November 2, 2012 at 03:07:00 PM.
Old November 1, 2012, 07:38:00 PM
Kyurem

Accepted.
Old November 1, 2012, 07:46:43 PM
Landorus

Name: Tanya Cray

Appearance: She's about 5' 4", and she's lean, but not really "skinny". Her skin is a bit on the pale side, and her eyes are a deep blue. Her hair is a blue-black color, and goes all the way down her back; she usually wears it down, pulling it up to hide her face (Kinda like Violet from The Incredibles), but once in a while she pulls it back into a long braid.
Her usual clothes are black jeans, a plain t-shirt, black sneakers, and a teal blue sweater with a light brown-colored "T" on the front; a gift from her Mom for her recent birthday. It's not really loose, nor snug-fitting, but she's worn it so much it's already gained an almost homey look and feel to it.

Personality: At school and most of the time she's in public, she's very quiet and calm, to the point where people sometimes forget she's there; she keeps track of her schoolwork very well, so she'll often know most of the questions that are asked in school, but she'll only raise her hand when they're asked if no one else does. If she gets angry or upset to the point where she will speak out about something, however, she will bring up her point and defend it to her best abilities.
At home, she's open and joking with her family, unless she's had a rough day at school, in which case she'll mostly just keep to herself. She tries not to snap at her parents and brothers, but she will if they intrude themselves into her space bubble too much.

Background: Tanya comes from a family of 5; her parents, her older brother, her younger brother, and herself. Her mother is a knitter, and she's been teaching the girl how to knit, though Tanya enjoys making plush toys more than clothing, though she does knit the occasional pair of socks. Her family moved to Lockwood a few years ago when her Dad changed jobs, and she was enrolled in the High School there as a freshman. She doesn't speak up much in class because she's afraid of being picked on for doing better in school than most of her peers, like she was when she started Middle School.

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; November 10, 2012 at 09:34:19 AM. Reason: Changed the background around a bit so it wasn't so long.
Old November 2, 2012, 04:01:14 AM
Kyurem

Accepted.