Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > Role-Playing: Sign-Ups and Characters

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 27, 2012, 06:02:49 PM
Keldeo

Default The Corruption Virus ~Sign Ups~

The walk home up until then seemed pretty normal.. You'd been out battling with your friends. Maybe you won, maybe you lost. But either way, you were out somewhere. Suddenly, on your way home, you were jumped by an odd Pokemon. How odd? It was monochrome (Black and White), and had piercing red eyes. It just stared at you before attacking and biting you.. Then running off. And you're not the only one it's attacked.

It's been attacking pretty random Pokemon trainers, and infecting them with a virus. Well, alright, it was infecting their Pokemon with the virus, as well as the trainer. What did this virus do, I hear you ask. It was pretty straight-forward. Nothing, to be honest, until those with the virus's emotions went into a negative extreme, e.g a depression, intense anger, etc. Then the trainer would find themselves going rather pale, their hair losing its usual colour.. Their eyes taking on a red tint, their emotions and personality soon becoming unstable, until they were brought back to their senses, somehow. If they didn't get brought back to their senses, then.. The trainer would lose essentially all trace of having been the person they were before the virus struck. This is called being 'Corrupted' by the virus, to the humans. The pokemon, on the other hand, would've been killed and reanimated as soon as they came out of their pokeballs, being revived as pretty much literal zombies. But not the sort of zombies you'd expect. For a start, they too became black and white, with the piercing red eyes of the pokemon that had started it all. But they were stronger than pokemon that didn't have the virus.

And what's arguably scariest of all is the fact they could use moves they otherwise shouldn't be able to, like a Blastoise using Blast Burn, or a Bagon using Dark Void.

You could be 'lucky', though, and somehow be immune, and thus sparing your pokemon from being like the infected ones. But in a way, this is almost worse.

So, what are you? Are you infected? Or are you immune? Or, maybe you haven't been found by the beast that carries it in the first place.

Oh, yeah, and this is happening all over the world. But mainly in Unova. How about that for unlucky.
..And one last thing..
The virus is slowly corrupting you even if you don't go into the negative extreme sides of your emotions. And if you lose yourself to it for too long.. You'll probably end up losing your sanity and even your life too. There are tons of people who've gone mad because of the virus. I'd be careful if I were you.

There's always the option of suicide, but we have the feeling you won't be considering that. Ah well, your loss.
Have a pleasant time trying to survive! It's all futile in the end.

- The Offical Gym League Federation.

Sign-Up sheet time!;

Name:
Infected?: (Yes or no. You can be not infected, and still immune, though.)
Immune or not?: (We can't all be immune to the virus, so.. Yeah.)
Pokemon: (Including moves is optional. And please, no legendaries. Shaymin, Keldeo, Manaphy and Maloetta are exempt from this, though, and can be used.)
Personality:
Backstory: (Completely optional.)
Quote: (Completely optional, again.)
Theme song: (AGAIN, optional. Just for fun, really.)

Here're mine.

"Words cannot express how little I care about you and your stupid pokemon, but I'll come along with you anyway."

Name: Sky Taylor
Appearence:
See above for usual.
is for when she's, well, in the extremes, and corrupted by the virus, as an example of what one of the 'corrupted' look like.
Infected?: Yes.
Immune or not?: No.
Pokemon:
Gallade (Unnamed.)
Flygon (Unnamed. Male)
Starraptor (Nicknamed 'Scar'. Female.)
Lucario (Nicknamed 'Revya'. Male.)
Metagross (Unnamed.)

Personality: Generally cold, and uncaring about the world around her. Or at least, that's what it seems like. The virus, deep down, has caused her to want to reject anyone's attempts to try to become friends with her, fearing that they'll get hurt by her under the control of the virus. Her becoming 'corrupted' is rather common, and while corrupted, she becomes a lot more harsh than she usually is, ordering her pokemon around without any feelings for their well-being, as opposed to hiding the fact she cared, normally. You'll probably see how she truly is as we get deeper into the RP.
Backstory: ---
Quote: See above.
Theme Song: N/A

"Look around. It feels like the we're not the only ones being corrupted around here.."
Name: Jack Evans
Appearence: See above.
Infected?: No
Immune or not?: No
Pokemon:
Riolu (Unnamed. Male.)
Charmander (Unnamed. Male.)
Keldeo (Unnamed.)
Dewott (Unnamed, female.)
Shaymin (Nicknamed 'Nature')

Personality: You'll see as we get into the RP.
Quote: See above.
Theme song: N/A

(Some bits of the plot (will) resemble those from Missing.. and When Our World Ends, two of my old RP serieses. You could say this is both merged into one. For example, the virus and the reviving as smart zombies is inspired by the Xionie from WOWE, while the pokemon being able to use moves they shouldn't be able to is from Missing. And there will probably be a few run-ins with the Beast that started it all. What kind of pokemon is it? I don't know yet. Probably something resembling a Houndoom or something. It'll be finalised later.)

Last edited by Roxas; December 27, 2012 at 06:04:13 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 06:40:59 PM
Kyurem

Name: Jake Holden
Appearence: A skinny kid with pale skin and short, ruffled-up jet black hair. He has blue eyes and he's somewhat tall. He wears a baggy white shirt and light pair of jeans, and a black hoodie.
Immune or not?: Yes
Pokemon:
Chimchar (unnamed, male)
Kirlia (unnamed, male)
Shinx (unnamed, female)
Personality: Jake is cold, insensitive and generally depressing. Even when a close friend ended up losing their life to the virus, he still just shrugged it off. He never talks positively or thinks optimistically. He lives inside himself, and doesn't care what happens in the rest of the world.
Quote: "I don't know anything about this virus, and frankly I don't care. I just want to live my damn life."

I'll make a second one later.
Old December 27, 2012, 06:43:41 PM
Keldeo

Jake's approved! Reminds me a lot of Sky, heehee, personality and quote-wise.
Old December 27, 2012, 07:51:47 PM
Celebi

Name: Tristan Reynolds
Appearance: Black Hair, Jade green Eyes, Fair Skin complexion, 5'8 with a Lanky frame. Thin Rimmed Glasses A Light blue T-Shirt with angelic designs and Long Black Jeans
Pokemon:
Zorua (Unnamed female)
Scraggy (Unnamed male)
Growlithe (Unnamed male)
Personality: Tristan is a Calculating and judgmental person towards other people and even more so in the heat of battle using his intellect to win. He is also Ignorant and slightly arrogant, and he's not too fond of people
Quote: "True Strength lies in intelligence, Intelligence in Focus and Focus lies in common sense, So if I use Common sense you've already lost"

Last edited by JDxImpetus; December 27, 2012 at 08:58:36 PM.
Old December 27, 2012, 07:59:49 PM
Kyurem

Name: Courtney Weathers
Appearance: Courtney is a short, fit girl with brown eyes and deep red hair, pulled back into a ponytail. She's skinny as a result of being fit, and she has slightly short legs in comparison to the rest of her body. She wears a long-sleeve maroon shirt and light khaki pants, as well as red sneakers.
Infected?: Yes
Pokemon:
Tyrogue (unnamed, male)
Clefairy (unnamed, female)
Pikachu (unnamed, female)
Buizel (unnamed, male)
Personality: Courtney is very commanding and dominant. In a battle, she'll make sure her Pokemon fight to their very best ability. She also likes strategizing when she can. However, when corrupted, she'll often make bad decisions with reckless abandon and sometimes even threaten people to do what she wants.
Quote: "Backing down is equal to defeat, so I always have the courage to keep pushing on!"
Old December 27, 2012, 08:31:32 PM
Landorus

Name: Syren Donner
Appearance: Slightly less than 5' tall and fairly skinny; Her hair is blue-black and cut shorter than shoulder length, but it's still long enough so it has an almost "shaggy" appearance; her skin is on the paler side, and her eyes are a chocolate-colored brown; she wears a light blue t-shirt, a tan denim skirt, black sneakers, and a tweedy brown sweater ( which is tied around her waist most of the time ).
Infected: No
Immune: No
Pokemon:
Grovyle (unnicknamed, male)
Lillipup (unnicknamed, female)
Personality: Siryn may seem somewhat shy at first, but once she warms up to you, you'll find that she is usually very bright and cheerful, and very little can keep her down for long. She has been slightly more cautios around others since this virus broke out, though, especially since her older brother found out he had caught it and killed himself to keep it from spreading to his family. Her grovyle once belonged to him, but he'd given it to her to take care of before the virus broke out.

(I may make another one later.. I am currently traveling right now, though we'll be at our destination by Saturday.)

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; December 28, 2012 at 07:21:10 PM.
Old December 28, 2012, 03:23:49 AM
Keldeo

All approved! We'll probably start when Spiky's done her other character. Or tomorrow anyway. Yay.

Last edited by Roxas; December 28, 2012 at 03:24:02 AM.
Old December 28, 2012, 07:20:21 PM
Landorus

Okay, here's number two:

Name: Anthony Carters
Appearance: He is rather small and skinny, almost looking more like a 7-year-old than a 10-year-old. His hair is a very dark brown, though from a distance one could mistake it to be black, and his skin is very pale; his eyes are such a deep blue they're almost black, and they almost always have shadows underneath them; his usual clothes are grey pants, a grey t-shirt, and grey "Krok" shoes.
Infected: No
Immune: Yes
Pokemon:
Empoleon (Zakath, male)
Personality: He is like most other young boys; very energetic and just a bit rowdy, though he can also be quiet when it is needed of him, and often acts much more maturely than his age would suggest. His appearance sometimes makes people think, especially at a distance, that he is infected, and as he had to watch both his parents suffer and eventually go mad from the virus, most of the time he does what he can to discourage such an unfounded conclusion.
Old December 29, 2012, 07:41:44 AM
Keldeo

Approved! Reminds me of a younger me. I had pale skin and really dark brown hair.. Only I was always rowdy as a kid!

We start today! Yay! Time to make the proper thread.