Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing > Role-Playing: Sign-Ups and Characters

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 25, 2011, 09:33:25 PM
Regigigas

Post Mystery Island: Who needs dungeons!?

Okay, guys, this is my first ever attempt at an RP, so let's see if I've got this right.

Style:
This is roughly based off of the concept of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, except that not all of the characters were once human, but all characters have lost their memory for some strange reason.

Context/Backstory:
There is none. None of the characters have a back story of any sort, none that they can remember, anyway.

Character Parameters:
All of these characters are pokemon; there are no humans.
Most of these characters should have always been pokemon.
Only a few of the characters were once human, so if too many people claim to have once been human, I may have to ask that some people change to having always been a pokemon.

How to enter the Island:
After a fair amount of people have signed up, the story will begin with one of my characters waking up. All of the story up until the point where all current characters have gathered to one spot. From that point, others may input their sides of the story.
READ CAREFULLY: If the story has already begun (check the main roleplaying forum), you may still enter the Island. Put your character information on this post, and when you are accepted, I will find a way for your character to enter the story, from which point you may begin participating.

If you must take an extended break but can return:
Say in the post that your character(s) has/have decided to look around the island by themselves. These characters will then be removed from the story. When you are ready to continue participating, post on the main thread of your characters' having returned, and you shall be welcomed back.

If you decide to permanently discontinue participating:
You should do one of the following--
1.) Give a friend who is also participating information about whatever character you entrust to them, and post on the main thread that that character is now controlled by that person.
2.) If you don't feel that anyone but yourself can understand your character, talk to me, and we'll figure out the best way s/he can permanently leave. Death is an acceptable method, but don't make it gruesome or something like that.

How to create a character:
Please copypaste the bold parts of this form on your reply to this thread. The regular font words are an explanation--
Name: Be creative! Use a unique or foreign name, or even make a name up (I do this ALL the time).
Species: You must pick a pokemon that is at the bottom of a two or three pokemon evolutionary chain and can NOT be genderless, but also take note that your species must be unique, so you cannot take a species that has already been claimed.
Gender: Your character, again, MUST have one, as there could be the possibility of romance in this RP, as cheesy as that sounds.
Once a human? (y/n): Again, don't be so quick to chose Yes, because I do need a lot of characters that have always been pokemon.
Personality: A single word to describe the personality, followed by a quick paragraph explaining your choice of word.
Persona?: This is optional, by the way, but a Persona is a fake personality that a character uses under most conditions to make people think a certain way about them. If your character develops a Persona in this RP, describe it here.

YAY!

Thanks for your help, and let the Mystery Begin!

My characters:
Name: Xylv
Species: Cyndaquil
Once a Human?: No
Personality: Bashful-- This is not the kind of person who deals well with awkward situations, and yet those are exactly the kinds that he gets himself into. It takes quite a bit of effort on his part to talk to just about anybody. Whether or not there was anybody in his previous life he could actually talk well to, they weren't here.
Persona: Outgoing-- This is his new chance to make himself out as charismatic! He cannot afford to miss his out on this, but the panic he feels, he can't help but translate to WAY too much excitement, which a lot of the time turns right back into an embarrassed inactivity.

Name: Laexin
Species: Zigzagoon
Personality: Paranoid-- Despite her best efforts, she can't help but find herself pacing around back and forth in a constant serpentine pattern. She always feels as though someone is watching and judging her every move and word.
Persona: Sharp--
Quote:
"One problem with being constantly paranoid is that you're constantly paranoid about people thinking that you're constantly paranoid."
I'll be throwing this quote in a little bit later, as well as the context of said quote. In order to avoid people thinking that she's weak or scared, she tends to treat others with cynicism, with the mentality that if she can get them first, they won't get her.

Name: Ciidn
Species: Treecko
Once a Human?: Yes
Personality: Flammable-- Ciidn has a warm personality a lot of the time, during which he is a great person to be around, and also gives him a good amount of charisma. It's not that difficult to make him mad, though, and when that happens, he flat out explodes. Then nobody wins.
Persona?: None. He is as he seems.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; October 30, 2011 at 03:07:57 PM.
Old October 26, 2011, 03:53:55 AM
Shaymin

Name: Be creative! Use a unique or foreign name, or even make a name up (I do this ALL the time).
Species: Electrike
Once a human? (y/n): N
Personality: Cybian is a brave and territorial pokemon.
Persona?: it is pretty much the same as personality...

I think I will make another later (maybe not). And what I wonder is... What is the conflict in this RP, what will we do to waste time
Old October 26, 2011, 02:02:25 PM

Name: Iko
Species: Cubchoo
Once human?: No
Personality: Iko is a Beartic that loves everything about cold weather. He is a little lazy, but a sharp thinker and a great fighter. He is also usually quiet unless he is around good friends. He also sometimes likes to go on adventures by himself.
Persona: He's the way he is.

Last edited by Reuniclus; October 26, 2011 at 04:54:20 PM. Reason: Edited as requested by Syra
Old October 26, 2011, 02:33:21 PM
Floatzel

Species- Reshiram , Name- ReshZek200 , Gender- F/ Female, Personallity- Flashy, sharp , Persona- easy to piss off/ anger. I wish for her to be a boss.

Last edited by ReshZek200; October 26, 2011 at 02:36:31 PM.
Old October 26, 2011, 02:49:38 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshZek200
Species- Reshiram , Name- ReshZek200 , Gender- F/ Female, Personallity- Flashy, sharp , Persona- easy to piss off/ anger. I wish for her to be a boss.
I like the idea of a major antagonist being a Reshiram, but I'll probably be controlling the bosses in this RP, so I'll consider this character, but please make another one and follow the instructions.
Also, I'd say stray away from your character's names having numbers in them. They're actual names, not usernames.

I need a little more detail about the characters' personality from everybody who posted before I can accept.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: YOUR PERSONA IS NOT YOUR PERSONALITY.
It's also not a detail about you that you want people to make you believe.
Persona is what you want people to think your personality is.
Also, take note that your character might not actually have a persona.
Look at my three characters for examples of how to describe anything, and if you need further help, send me a message.

With this in mind, I'm going to have to ask everyone who posted so far to revise their submissions.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; October 26, 2011 at 02:51:21 PM.
Old October 26, 2011, 04:00:19 PM
Landorus

Name: Serkeon (Sir-key-on)
Species: Eevee
Personallity: Is tomboyish, has been a pokemon for one week, isn't easy to scare/creep out, favorite color is pink, is teased for transforming into other pokemon when she tells it to people. Oh yeah- she hates girly girls.
Persona: She's the way she is.
Old October 27, 2011, 06:29:09 AM
Volcarona

it seems interesting
Name:mystery
Speciesshawott
Once a human? (y/n): no
Personality:lonely, prefers to be alone
Persona?:i don't understand this so no
Old October 27, 2011, 12:42:37 PM
Shaymin

This is my updated one.

Name: Cybian
Species: Electrike
Personality: Cybian is a brave and territorial pokemon.
How he wants other to see him: He trys to show exactly how he feels with few restrains. He wants to be the big shot

Here is another I want to have.

Name: Milaika
Species: Starly
Personality: Milaika is very cheerful and loving, she likes to make new freinds and is loyal to the ones she has.
How she wants people to see her: She wants people to think of here as helpful and happy, but not too happy.

Is this good?

Last edited by teamplasma; October 31, 2011 at 04:31:54 AM.
Old October 30, 2011, 01:24:16 PM
Floatzel

Smile Redo/ NEW

Name: Shikara Species: Purrloin Personality: she likes to fight her own battles and get her way. How she wants to be viewed: She personally would like to be seen as a brave, agile and serious Purrloin. Name: ReshZek Species: Reshiram Gender: M/F?: F Personality: Outgoing, she likes to help others and get things done. How she wants to be viewed: She would liked to be viewed as a helpful, curious, energetic and cautious Reshiram.
Old October 30, 2011, 01:34:50 PM
Regigigas

I like your Purrloin, but I'm going to go ahead and keep your original Reshiram as a boss. It's just a little too complicated to have it as a character among a bunch of unevolved pokemon about a 32nd its own size.

To clarify, Shakira's good for the beginning, ReshZek's going to have to wait until a certain point in the story. I'll make it quick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I think I'm going to go ahead and start this RP, but if you ever want to join in, feel free to post a character and you can be in the story.
Old October 30, 2011, 01:59:19 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii View Post
I like your Purrloin, but I'm going to go ahead and keep your original Reshiram as a boss. It's just a little too complicated to have it as a character among a bunch of unevolved pokemon about a 32nd its own size.

To clarify, Shakira's good for the beginning, ReshZek's going to have to wait until a certain point in the story. I'll make it quick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I think I'm going to go ahead and start this RP, but if you ever want to join in, feel free to post a character and you can be in the story.
m`kay!! <3

Last edited by ReshZek200; October 30, 2011 at 02:08:37 PM.
Old November 14, 2011, 06:14:30 PM
Kyurem

Name: Tyler
Species: Riolu
Once a human? Noap
Personality: Brave- Tyler loves exploring and taking the role of a leader. Although he is brave, he is quick to jump into problems without thinking, which can sometimes lead to dire consequences.
Persona?: Heroic- Tyler will risk anything to save his friends and family, even if it means he will get hurt in the process. He will even disregard his health if it means helping someone in need.

------

Name: Earl
Species: Munchlax
Once a human? (y/n): Noap.
Personality: Shy, timid- Earl is a quiet Munchlax. He can be seen as a loner or an outcast, but that's more of his choosing than his social life. He's very quiet and shy around strangers. He is always following Tyler like a shadow. Tyler is his rolemodel, his hero, someone Earl looks up to and trusts very much.
He is more of the thinker of the duo. He would rather sit and ponder the situation at hand, rather than jump into it like Tyler.
Old November 14, 2011, 06:22:19 PM
Regigigas

Right. I'm going to accept it, but take note: Tyler does not seem to actually have a Persona. A persona would be a character trait that Tyler would want others to think he has.
These two characters seem quite simple; that is, they don't really have any deep and complicated personality-- they are as they seem, which is really good.
Anyway, thanks for the info, and I'll give you the rundown on how you're going to get into the story.
Old November 14, 2011, 06:41:59 PM
Shaymin

Tyler and Cybian seem quite similar... QUITE!
Old November 14, 2011, 06:54:46 PM
Kyurem

Other than the whole "leader role", I see nothing else that indicates they're both similar...
Old November 21, 2011, 05:48:28 PM
Volcarona

Name: Ryder

Species: Scraggy

Personality: Naughty-- This guy can act totally inappropriate,
but he usually knows that doing the right thing is important. He also
happens to worry a lot, but doesn't let it get to him. He rarely
takes things seriously, but when he does, you know **** is on.

Persona: He remembers his past as a human, but doesn't care
to talk about it. Just as Meowth, he can speak the human tongue (specifically English), and read it.
He is also a bit of an island (ROFL, an Island on an Island);
He usually prefers to be alone. He also is very skilled with weaponry.
Old March 9, 2012, 07:31:37 AM
Cyndaquil

Name Cynthia
Species ralts
Gender female
Personality Loner Inless she see a Pokemon see really likes than she be outgoing for that Pokemon
Persona smart Pokemon that need help often come to her but they never can find her
Old March 9, 2012, 08:22:08 PM
Regigigas

Oh, God, this thread. Reeeaaally sorry to disappoint, but this RP kinda went under. >.<'
Old March 10, 2012, 02:00:35 PM
Cyndaquil

K it's fine