Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VictoryBattles

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 19, 2010, 01:34:36 PM
Kyurem

Default Feature Requests

Please post all feature requests here.
Old June 19, 2010, 05:38:55 PM
Administrator

I want it to have Floatzel.

Nah, you already added pretty much all of the features I requested in private. Maybe some global statistics like total clicks today (last 24 hours), total views, total clicks, battles today, total battles, top 100, top users, new users, newest caught/adoptabled, etc.?
Old June 19, 2010, 06:35:27 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I want it to have Floatzel.

Nah, you already added pretty much all of the features I requested in private. Maybe some global statistics like total clicks today (last 24 hours), total views, total clicks, battles today, total battles, top 100, top users, new users, newest caught/adoptabled, etc.?
It does have Floatzel (much more common than other second-stagers, actually). And the new theme will also feature it

The global statistics would make sense, and something I didn't really think of.
Old June 19, 2010, 11:29:17 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
http://battles.victoryroad.net/index.php?page=user

Total Battles, Battles Today, Total Clicks, Clicks Today, Total Views, Total Users, Adopted Today, Total Adopted have all been added. The two top users lists have also been updated to look a little prettier.

In addition, recent clicks now lists only unique usernames, limits results to 15, and will only show names from the past 24 hours.
Old June 20, 2010, 12:40:40 AM
Administrator

Ooh, very nice. I'm sure those numbers will stable out after the migration.
Old June 20, 2010, 03:13:58 AM
Zoroark

Will legends be in this gane? If so, which ones? Maybe a possible mean of getting 'events'.
Old June 20, 2010, 03:16:25 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricThePelipper View Post
Will legends be in this gane? If so, which ones? Maybe a possible mean of getting 'events'.
They can be found through adopting at incredibly low odds. They will also be made more available through in-game and forum events (that have yet to be planned).

By the way, any suggestions for making the key things more accessible is appreciated: I know people like the simplified process of the current adoptables, and there should be ways of suiting that.
Old June 20, 2010, 03:23:41 AM
Giratina

Can you make a Pokedex? Not a full Pokedex with descriptions, locations and junk, just like a checklist for us to see which Pokemon we have and which Pokemon we don't.
Old June 20, 2010, 03:26:37 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Can you make a Pokedex? Not a full Pokedex with descriptions, locations and junk, just like a checklist for us to see which Pokemon we have and which Pokemon we don't.
Ooh, I like that one.

*goes to work*
Old June 20, 2010, 03:47:59 AM
Kyurem

Done: http://battles.victoryroad.net/index.php?page=pokedex
Old June 20, 2010, 03:56:26 AM
Giratina

Ooh, nice. I like how Yoshi's Pokedex number is 1000!
Old June 21, 2010, 04:55:32 PM
Regigigas

Getting some kind of notification when your trade has been completed.
Old June 21, 2010, 05:43:00 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
^This. Also, could you make shininess something to request for? For example, offering a Lugia for a shiny Floatzel, not just a regular Floatzel.
Old June 21, 2010, 06:49:07 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
I'll work on that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
^This. Also, could you make shininess something to request for? For example, offering a Lugia for a shiny Floatzel, not just a regular Floatzel.
That's a little too tachy personally. Anyone concur with Ala?
Old June 22, 2010, 12:38:23 AM
Kyurem

By the way, some features I plan in the near future:

1. A basic breeding center. Users of the Pokémon Breeders group may find something special here, and it will be located south of Cerulean.
2. A game corner (once I get to Celadon in the storyline). This will be really interesting storyline-wise, but I won't reveal just why yet. Either way, you'll all find it very fun I think, especially if you are a rocket.
3. A special battle center in Viridian where the help stuff is (that's better on the forum). Not sure what I'll do with this yet, but I want to set up full tournaments for people to join.
4. A full Pokédex that works even when you've traded or evolved Pokémon.

Not sure when I'll make any of these, but I'll be working on the storyline up to badge four for the next week.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:42:41 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Especially if you are a rocket.
WAIT WAIT WAIT. WE CAN BE ROCKETS AND FLY IN TO SPACE?!
Seriously, though, we can have different roles? So you can be a trainer, a rocket, a breeder, a trainer's mom, etc.? That sounds AWESOME!
Old June 22, 2010, 08:38:24 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
WAIT WAIT WAIT. WE CAN BE ROCKETS AND FLY IN TO SPACE?!
Seriously, though, we can have different roles? So you can be a trainer, a rocket, a breeder, a trainer's mom, etc.? That sounds AWESOME!
It should make the game a lot more fun in my opinion. I just can't figure out a good interactive role for the trainer class.
Old June 22, 2010, 11:16:10 PM
Administrator

The whole gym-leaders-elite-four thing could work well as being trainer-only.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; June 22, 2010 at 11:16:45 PM. Reason: Hello, midnight grammar. >_<
Old June 23, 2010, 12:25:47 AM
Regigigas

I'd like some sort of mass release feature. Like check off boxes and release them all at once.
Old June 23, 2010, 11:28:42 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
I'd like some sort of mass release feature. Like check off boxes and release them all at once.
Who agrees?

For those interested, prelimin. support for forum styles have been added. Banners have not (and may not be added), and support for footer and input styling is not yet added - the latter will be briefly, though.

Note: You will need to both be logged in and have a theme defined in your options for this to work. This will be changed when the feature is more accurate.
Old June 24, 2010, 12:03:27 AM
Administrator

Maybe you could have all released Pokémon go to Released Pokémon Bot or something of the sort? I agree on the mass release feature.
Old June 24, 2010, 05:32:30 AM
Haxorus

Could you add a highlight feature on this Page?
http://battles.victoryroad.net/index...enter&do=adopt

Like the Background is darker gray, to tell if you have that Pokemon or not.
(I hate... adopting the same Pokemon over and over..)
Old June 24, 2010, 08:03:35 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
*cough*
I have so many Pokemon that I have 5 shiny Cleffas.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:05:47 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Maybe you could have all released Pokémon go to Released Pokémon Bot or something of the sort? I agree on the mass release feature.
Wah? They are all sent back to the adoption center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
Could you add a highlight feature on this Page?
http://battles.victoryroad.net/index...enter&do=adopt

Like the Background is darker gray, to tell if you have that Pokemon or not.
I have considered that, so yeah, that'll be the next thing.
Old June 24, 2010, 02:20:59 PM
Kyurem

The highlight feature has been sorta-added: you will need to refresh after first visited the adopts page. I haven't decided how to remedy this effectively, yet.

Additionally, the clicks and pokemon tables have been converted to InnoDB, which should allow some things to work faster.
Old June 25, 2010, 02:30:21 AM
Administrator

I request adding Zorua, Zoroark, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Mega Man/Mega Man X.
Old June 25, 2010, 11:41:07 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I request adding Zorua, Zoroark, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Mega Man/Mega Man X.
I'll waiting to get the trophies frontend up and running so I can have Dragiin test it out for himself.
Old June 25, 2010, 12:44:30 PM
Charizard

I think you should make all 4 regions (And you could add Isshu sometime after BW comes out), different Unown forms, a way to challenge a random user without having to specify their name, a way to link your Pokedoptables account with your VictoryBattles account so you can use your Floatzel Pokedoptables in VictoryBattles, and more Spinda forms.

Last edited by Fly Guy 2; June 25, 2010 at 12:47:28 PM.
Old June 25, 2010, 12:46:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy 2 View Post
I think you should make all 4 regions (And you could add Isshu sometime after BW comes out), different Unown forms, and a way to challenge a random user, without having to specify their name
The 4 region idea is indeed planned, but will take forever if done myself (I'm going to be asking for help doing so once I release the beta). The different Unown forms are also planned, as with Shellos, etc., but I'm not sure when I'll be able to add it (it seems incredibly simple, but there'll be bugs all the same). And the random challenge is actually a pretty good idea, so I'll probably add that briefly.
Old June 25, 2010, 05:03:36 PM
Charizard

Quote:
The 4 region idea is indeed planned, but will take forever if done myself (I'm going to be asking for help doing so once I release the beta). The different Unown forms are also planned, as with Shellos, etc., but I'm not sure when I'll be able to add it (it seems incredibly simple, but there'll be bugs all the same). And the random challenge is actually a pretty good idea, so I'll probably add that briefly.
Yay! Thank you for taking my suggestions! Just to clarify what I meant, I mean a button that lets you challenge anyone.
Old June 25, 2010, 05:22:30 PM
Kyurem

Alright, the random button has been added.
Old June 25, 2010, 05:26:47 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Alright, the random button has been added.
Thanks! It's really cool! Not what I imagined, but still awesome!
Old June 26, 2010, 04:53:33 AM
Kyurem

Alright, by popular request I have added the mass PC tool. To use it, go look under tools in the main PC and click "Mass Manage Pokémon". Here you can both release and get forum code for multiple Pokémon at once.
Old June 26, 2010, 11:06:52 AM
Charizard

Quote:
Alright, by popular request I have added the mass PC tool. To use it, go look under tools in the main PC and click "Mass Manage Pokémon". Here you can both release and get forum code for multiple Pokémon at once.
I think that is very helpful, and I think you should add a "Favorite" option, so you can easily find certain Pokémon you have, like the "Favorite" option in Pokémon Rumble. And I think there should be a "sort by" option, and you could sort them by stuff like: level, Pokédex number, Shininess, alphabetically, favorite, nicknamed, and other things like that. I think that would be a great way to find the Pokémon you're looking for, and would be very helpful.

Last edited by Fly Guy 2; June 26, 2010 at 11:10:40 AM.
Old June 26, 2010, 04:04:11 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I think that is very helpful, and I think you should add a "Favorite" option, so you can easily find certain Pokémon you have, like the "Favorite" option in Pokémon Rumble. And I think there should be a "sort by" option, and you could sort them by stuff like: level, Pokédex number, Shininess, alphabetically, favorite, nicknamed, and other things like that. I think that would be a great way to find the Pokémon you're looking for, and would be very helpful.
Took a little while, but every last thing there (except nickname sort) has been added to the PC. The bulk tools have also been merged into the main page.
Old June 27, 2010, 01:10:58 PM
Charizard

Quote:
Took a little while, but every last thing there (except nickname sort) has been added to the PC. The bulk tools have also been merged into the main page.
It is official. This is awesome. Thanks for taking my suggestions! Now it's easy for people with lots of Shinies, like Ningamer, or me, or other people, to find them!

Also, in the way of the "Adopt" page, I think that there should be color codes on Pokémon that are there, for example, if you have the Pokémon, the little box that the Pokémon is in has the current gray background, if you don't have it, it has a darker gray background, and if it's Shiny, it has a red background. A lot of Shinies look very similar to their regular colors, and they are not easy to notice, and I have missed a Shiny Mantyke, Budew, and Oddish because of this, and I have missed Pokémon I did not have because of the fact that I have so many, I can barely remember what I have, so I bet a lot of people would benefit off of this.

Last edited by Fly Guy 2; June 27, 2010 at 01:18:29 PM.
Old June 27, 2010, 03:35:16 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Also, in the way of the "Adopt" page, I think that there should be color codes on Pokémon that are there, for example, if you have the Pokémon, the little box that the Pokémon is in has the current gray background, if you don't have it, it has a darker gray background, and if it's Shiny, it has a red background. A lot of Shinies look very similar to their regular colors, and they are not easy to notice, and I have missed a Shiny Mantyke, Budew, and Oddish because of this, and I have missed Pokémon I did not have because of the fact that I have so many, I can barely remember what I have, so I bet a lot of people would benefit off of this.
I am working on something like this, but its more complicated to do it right. It will effectively be a Pokédex listing all previously owned and currently owned Pokémon - however, its really complicated, but I should be able to do it tomorrow.
Old June 27, 2010, 04:13:51 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
I am working on something like this, but its more complicated to do it right. It will effectively be a Pokédex listing all previously owned and currently owned Pokémon - however, its really complicated, but I should be able to do it tomorrow.
wouldn't doing that be a waste kinda

i mean at some point they will all have that thing

you cant move on till you pick one
the list wont change till you pick one
which is why a few of us have 1000 plus
i tried i logged out logged back in the adopt list does not change till you pick one
you will see so many of the same thing over and over again when you see a new one or even a rare one it should stick out like a sore thumb

and making it were the shiny is a stand out takes out the fun of actually finding it
i am color blind and i missed a few cus of it and i am not mad makes me try harder
heck i have a shiny happiny and seal that i didnt even know i caught till you put in that filter thing that only shows our shiny pokes and i saw then two listed
Old June 27, 2010, 06:56:03 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
2. A game corner (once I get to Celadon in the storyline). This will be really interesting storyline-wise, but I won't reveal just why yet. Either way, you'll all find it very fun I think, especially if you are a Rocket.
Will it just link to the VR Arcade, or is it a new and entirely different arcade? Can it have the slots and Voltorb Flip? Was there really a cake?

Quote:
A special battle center in Viridian where the help stuff is (that's better on the forum).
Kind of like a Teachy TV combined with the Trainer's School and the VR Rules and Guidelines?

Quote:
works even when you've traded or evolved Pokémon.
THANK YOU YES ARCEUS BLESS THIS SOUL
Most online Pokémon RPG's I play (all both of them) don't record/save the fact that you have caught a Pokémon when you evolve or trade it.
Old June 27, 2010, 07:47:33 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor78 View Post
Will it just link to the VR Arcade, or is it a new and entirely different arcade? Can it have the slots and Voltorb Flip? Was there really a cake?

Kind of like a Teachy TV combined with the Trainer's School and the VR Rules and Guidelines?

THANK YOU YES ARCEUS BLESS THIS SOUL
Most online Pokémon RPG's I play (all both of them) don't record/save the fact that you have caught a Pokémon when you evolve or trade it.
It won't be the VR arcade, anyway.

No, it'll be tournament style, but first I need to get live battles running (which is really complicated).

Hey, I'm doing something good
Old June 27, 2010, 10:04:00 PM
Mudkip

two questions

#1 whats the max lvl with these poke adopts is it 100 like the game or can it go higher like adopts that can get in to the 11k area

#2 do these pokes take up alot of memory space for you cus of have 5k plus takes up to munch space for you i will release a few to keep it low don't wanna bog down your site and all if they don't take up a lot i would actually like to keep every one i adopt

i do release some of the ones i have a ton of
but only the males i tend to favor the female pokes
and the really hard to get ones like the starters and shiny poke

and if they can only go to lvl 100 i would actually try to get every one to that lvl
you have no idea at the how bored i can get some times and the patience i have to get then that high on my heart gold i have over 120 lvl 100 pokes that i got up there my self never used a rare candy

Last edited by lord vegeta; June 27, 2010 at 10:07:17 PM.
Old June 27, 2010, 10:34:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord vegeta View Post
two questions

#1 whats the max lvl with these poke adopts is it 100 like the game or can it go higher like adopts that can get in to the 11k area

#2 do these pokes take up alot of memory space for you cus of have 5k plus takes up to munch space for you i will release a few to keep it low don't wanna bog down your site and all if they don't take up a lot i would actually like to keep every one i adopt

i do release some of the ones i have a ton of
but only the males i tend to favor the female pokes
and the really hard to get ones like the starters and shiny poke

and if they can only go to lvl 100 i would actually try to get every one to that lvl
you have no idea at the how bored i can get some times and the patience i have to get then that high on my heart gold i have over 120 lvl 100 pokes that i got up there my self never used a rare candy
Wow

Well, currently the limit is 100. I have considered extending it, but it would be more of a bragging right to have something up there.

When you release pokes, they don't actually go away, but just to the adoption center, so it doesn't really change a whole lot. And memory isn't a major concern at the moment.
Old June 29, 2010, 09:25:18 PM
Kyurem

The "caught" feature has been added flawlessly (almost). I'll need you to keep me updated. The feature has also been extended to the Pokédex.

I have also created a template for the PC which is used for the battle and trade dialouges. This is experimental, so please report any bugs you find.
Old July 1, 2010, 02:04:14 PM
Kyurem

The updated, improved style has been launched. This version will NOT be changed any further with the exception of browser fixes, etc. You will need Windows Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, Opera 10.50, Apple Safari 5 or Google Chrome 5 to fully enjoy the style. Users of older browsers will still be able to use everything just fine, but won't be able to enjoy the style like its meant to be.
Old July 1, 2010, 02:05:22 PM
Giratina

IE9? That's not even been fully released yet. Do you mean IE8? .-.
Old July 1, 2010, 02:16:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
IE9? That's not even been fully released yet. Do you mean IE8? .-.
Nope, IE9. And "fully" is tad gracious: so far its in a no-UI developer's release

But, yeah, IE8 works and all, but the rounded effect of the style isn't going to work.
Old July 4, 2010, 05:47:01 PM
Administrator

I have an idea for migrating the Floatzel adoptables. Maybe you could make all the ID numbers of imported monsters negative? For example, my BUI would be ID -2 and Z Ark would be -1734. Then you wouldn't need to do any annoying math with adding numbers, simply inserting a negative sign in front of the ID.
Old July 4, 2010, 11:10:10 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I have an idea for migrating the Floatzel adoptables. Maybe you could make all the ID numbers of imported monsters negative? For example, my BUI would be ID -2 and Z Ark would be -1734. Then you wouldn't need to do any annoying math with adding numbers, simply inserting a negative sign in front of the ID.
That would actually work perfectly: thanks.
Old July 7, 2010, 06:15:32 PM
Kyurem

The following have been landed for Beta 2:
-AJAX Loading of PC and User Pokémon Lists
-PC Controls on User Profile Lists
-Style Switcher w/ Inline Change
-Basic Support for IE6/IE7
-Speed/Underlying Code Improvements Throughout

The following are planned still:
-AJAX Battle (May Wait for Beta 3)
-Improved DSi Support (Or Really Just Making Sure Everything Works)
-Mini-Signature Images
-Full, Streamlined Box Select for Trades, Battles, and Battle Accepts.
-?

Will hopefully land this weekend.
Old July 8, 2010, 09:41:11 AM
Charizard

A few ideas for the "Recent Challenges" page:

*A "Universal Challenge" option, that makes an open challenge that anyone can accept.

*The show/hide favorites and Shinies on the Challene Page

Also, I think that you should remove the trades that are impossible in the Beta State, such as ones asking for legendaries
Old July 8, 2010, 11:38:25 AM
Charizard

Also, I think that starters are a tad too rare

Last edited by Pikaluv1; July 8, 2010 at 02:16:35 PM. Reason: quintuple post
Old July 8, 2010, 11:40:46 AM
Charizard

And you should add Smugleaf, Pokabu and Wotter
Old July 8, 2010, 12:33:59 PM
Charizard

I have an idea for the Poké Mart. You could sell evolutionary stones for $1000 each!
Old July 8, 2010, 07:10:59 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
A few ideas for the "Recent Challenges" page:

*A "Universal Challenge" option, that makes an open challenge that anyone can accept.

*The show/hide favorites and Shinies on the Challene Page

Also, I think that you should remove the trades that are impossible in the Beta State, such as ones asking for legendaries
a) A good idea I'll work on for either Beta 2 or Beta 3.

b) Already planned for Beta 2, but only landed for the user profiles.

c) I probably should do this manually when I release the beta.

Quote:
Also, I think that starters are a tad too rare
True and not true: they are really rare in the games so I think this makes a lot of sense. All the same, they are really rare.

Quote:
And you should add Smugleaf, Pokabu and Wotter
Possible, though I'll probably leave that up to Dilster.

Quote:
I have an idea for the Poké Mart. You could sell evolutionary stones for $1000 each!
I plan on offering them @ Celadon (likely in the RC1, though maybe a beta) for $2100/each.
Old July 22, 2010, 05:38:55 PM
Haxorus

Here are some:
-Make special event's, but with a catch. make a checklist of people who are in victorybattle then allow people to check their names off so that you are informed of who want's the event. Second, after they have registered (by checking their name on the list) make a random match generator so that people could battle, after that make a bracket system of who's winning, who ever is the winner get's that specific Pokemon event.

- A tournament system

- (If possible) Make the gym leader's battle with real Pokemon instead of using quiz's to win, otherwise the game would be finished much faster.

- Make Trainers (if you'd like to)

- (if you'd like to) Make a Pokemon league with ALL of the elite's from every region

- Make a battle factory

- A list of people who are online, and a battle system that allows you to click on the person who's online and request a quick battle if they'd choose to

- I'm not sure, but are the Pokemon only leveling up by people clicking? If so, can the Pokemon in victorybattle lvl up by actually battling as well?

- A system where people can pick trainer sprite's and use them as they're avatar, followed by a socializing area where people could walk around and chat like the Union Room in Pokemon DP, Platinum, and Heartgold and Soulsilver.

- A variety of item's as you advance in your journey

- Lot's of missions (if you join Team rocket on your journey)

- (A unique idea!!!) If possible, can you make a gym where the gym leader's in Victory Road such as Magmaster, can be in their own gym's in Victorybattle and battle people on VictoryRoad if they just click on them, and if they aren't active in they're gym you can make people like Magmaster, choose to close they're gym's until they are available and when you click on they're gym it'll say "Come in" or "Closed" (whatever text you choose to use)

I hope these inspired you, and if they didn't then I'm sorry, I'm just a real brainstormer, If your reading this FreezeWarp, I hoped you liked my idea's.

Last edited by Turtwig; July 22, 2010 at 05:47:17 PM. Reason: 1 spelling error
Old July 26, 2010, 07:36:07 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtwig View Post
Here are some:
-Make special event's, but with a catch. make a checklist of people who are in victorybattle then allow people to check their names off so that you are informed of who want's the event. Second, after they have registered (by checking their name on the list) make a random match generator so that people could battle, after that make a bracket system of who's winning, who ever is the winner get's that specific Pokemon event.

Could be worth considering.

- A tournament system

Already planned, actually.

- (If possible) Make the gym leader's battle with real Pokemon instead of using quiz's to win, otherwise the game would be finished much faster.

Also planned. Should be in the first release candidate.

- Make Trainers (if you'd like to)

I'm hoping to, but it may not be necessary.

- (if you'd like to) Make a Pokemon league with ALL of the elite's from every region

Hm... This could be interesting. I may make the E4 a perquisite to certain tournaments.

- Make a battle factory

That could be hard, but I might just do it later on.

- A list of people who are online, and a battle system that allows you to click on the person who's online and request a quick battle if they'd choose to

The Who's Online list on the forums already does this partially, and the "Battle" idea is a good one.

- I'm not sure, but are the Pokemon only leveling up by people clicking? If so, can the Pokemon in victorybattle lvl up by actually battling as well?

If you beat trainers or wild Pokémon (which are currently disabled) they also gain experience, often much quicker.

- A system where people can pick trainer sprite's and use them as they're avatar, followed by a socializing area where people could walk around and chat like the Union Room in Pokemon DP, Platinum, and Heartgold and Soulsilver.

This would be fun to add, but it would be much later on.

- A variety of item's as you advance in your journey

Definitely planned.

- Lot's of missions (if you join Team rocket on your journey)

This will be the main point of the game once I start releasing the Release Candidates. They will take more time, though.

- (A unique idea!!!) If possible, can you make a gym where the gym leader's in Victory Road such as Magmaster, can be in their own gym's in Victorybattle and battle people on VictoryRoad if they just click on them, and if they aren't active in they're gym you can make people like Magmaster, choose to close they're gym's until they are available and when you click on they're gym it'll say "Come in" or "Closed" (whatever text you choose to use)

It could be hard, but definitely worth considering.
Replies in bold.
Old August 8, 2010, 06:33:03 AM
Rayquaza

A way to sort out pokemon that are about to evolve.
Old August 8, 2010, 07:13:03 AM
Giratina

So THAT explains Cat's Zoroark... Huh.

Could you move the ad to the bottom of the page? Or does it have to be right under the menu bar?
Old August 9, 2010, 01:19:44 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
A way to sort out pokemon that are about to evolve.
This is planned as a separate page, but will probably take a while to actually add.

Quote:
So THAT explains Cat's Zoroark... Huh.

Could you move the ad to the bottom of the page? Or does it have to be right under the menu bar?
You can remove it by going to your preferences page as long as you meet the criteria.
Old August 14, 2010, 03:54:52 PM
Kyurem

I have got a suggestion. An "Are you sure?" option for when you accidentally click "Release".

Rest in peace Golbat. ;~;
Old August 15, 2010, 12:33:53 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I have got a suggestion. An "Are you sure?" option for when you accidentally click "Release".

Rest in peace Golbat. ;~;
That /should/ already exist if you have Javascript enabled. *checks*

Edit: Well, it exists for individual Pokémon, just not for mass-release (which I /really/ should have). So, I'll add that in RC1. Meanwhile, if you adopt long enough you could get it back (When released they just go back to the adoption center)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 15, 2010 at 12:35:43 AM.
Old August 15, 2010, 02:25:54 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
That /should/ already exist if you have Javascript enabled. *checks*

Edit: Well, it exists for individual Pokémon, just not for mass-release (which I /really/ should have). So, I'll add that in RC1. Meanwhile, if you adopt long enough you could get it back (When released they just go back to the adoption center)
Well I was looking at all my shiny Pokemon using the PC, and I meant to click "Details" instead of "Release", and the next screen just told me it was gone, so maybe the Yes/No option exists on another release option.

Oh, and question 2. Did you lower the shiny encounter rate in the adopt center? It could just be my poor luck, but one never knows.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; August 15, 2010 at 02:29:37 PM.
Old August 27, 2010, 05:00:27 PM
Volcarona

1. I don't know if this was suggested, but directly asking someone for a trade would be a good idea. Maybe like sending them a message or something with what Pokemon you want with the Pokemon you're willing to trade.

2. Veiwing a Pokemon's Details without giving it a rub.
Old August 28, 2010, 09:08:40 PM
Pikachu

Having actual challenge online battles?
Old August 28, 2010, 09:10:48 PM
Kyurem

Did anyone already request to have the gym leaders battle you? everytime i go to a gym its seems that there in a meeting.
Old August 29, 2010, 05:11:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Did anyone already request to have the gym leaders battle you? everytime i go to a gym its seems that there in a meeting.
OH BOY HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS QUESTION COME UP NOW?

The gyms aren't ready. Yet. You can't battle them. Yet. Hopefully Freeze will have them working soon.
Old August 29, 2010, 06:38:02 AM
Celebi

Could you have the ability to change rotom/giratina/castform/shaymin/arceus/cherrim/deoxys's forms? This could be in the change icon part.
Old August 29, 2010, 03:59:43 PM
Pikachu

Probably already planned, and probably already asked, but when you click evolve and they can't evolve, show up a message after the "It can't evolve" of how it can evolve.

Ex. "Can evolve when level 16 or higher is reached."

EDIT:

Maybe being able to also change from black text to white text to the embeds. There might be some black background forums we want to post those in and it won't work...
Also, why were legendaries being deleted? Couldn't/can't they be an "event" for those who were online? (if they are still glitched, they still have some rare chances of appearing, I say replace them wit ha shiny or starter or shiny starter or something). I mean 100,000... Anyway hai.

Last edited by MaxMatsu; August 31, 2010 at 04:27:17 PM.
Old September 8, 2010, 02:56:40 PM
Joltik

um i was wondering im training my gyarados in rock tunnel and why isnt there more verity of moves you can use in battles because all my gyarados can use is swift and its not effective against grass types so i was wondering can you guys make more verity of moves?
Old September 9, 2010, 10:16:55 AM
Celebi

Forms need to be changed. I WANT TO CHANGE FORMS. ROTOM LAWN MOWER! CASTFORM RAIN! ARCEUS FIRE! CHERRIM SUN! MORE FORMS!!
Old September 17, 2010, 04:09:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Oh, and question 2. Did you lower the shiny encounter rate in the adopt center? It could just be my poor luck, but one never knows.
Bad luck

Though I am coding a special adoption center that should make rare Pokémon much easier to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
1. I don't know if this was suggested, but directly asking someone for a trade would be a good idea. Maybe like sending them a message or something with what Pokemon you want with the Pokemon you're willing to trade.
Planned, not sure for when though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMatsu View Post
Having actual challenge online battles?
Also planned, most likely for RC2 (it'll be pretty Hoover-dam awesome, though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
RC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
Could you have the ability to change rotom/giratina/castform/shaymin/arceus/cherrim/deoxys's forms? This could be in the change icon part.
It'll be done, but I'm not sure when yet. I'll probably make it a special event for most Pokémon, since that'll be easiest.

Quote:
Probably already planned, and probably already asked, but when you click evolve and they can't evolve, show up a message after the "It can't evolve" of how it can evolve.

Ex. "Can evolve when level 16 or higher is reached."
Actually the one thing that isn't planned, but I'll do it for RC1.

Quote:
Maybe being able to also change from black text to white text to the embeds. There might be some black background forums we want to post those in and it won't work...
I might do that, but it won't be soon.

Quote:
Also, why were legendaries being deleted? Couldn't/can't they be an "event" for those who were online? (if they are still glitched, they still have some rare chances of appearing, I say replace them wit ha shiny or starter or shiny starter or something). I mean 100,000... Anyway hai.
Yeah, it'll prolly actually be an event now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi247 View Post
um i was wondering im training my gyarados in rock tunnel and why isnt there more verity of moves you can use in battles because all my gyarados can use is swift and its not effective against grass types so i was wondering can you guys make more verity of moves?
Moves are incredibly complex and won't happen for my first release of VictoryBattles, but should happen on a second release or so. Then again, if I'm feeling up to it I may add some basic moves like Bite, a real Swift, and Growl. It'll just take some time, though.

Quote:
Forms need to be changed. I WANT TO CHANGE FORMS. ROTOM LAWN MOWER! CASTFORM RAIN! ARCEUS FIRE! CHERRIM SUN! MORE FORMS!!
Patience young paddawan.
Old September 17, 2010, 04:31:39 PM
Regigigas

So legends will be events now...?
Old September 29, 2010, 01:10:58 PM
Celebi

Can we get Zorua's shiny for in there now? It's out. :3 And it's pretty.
Old September 29, 2010, 01:15:10 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
Can we get Zorua's shiny for in there now? It's out. :3 And it's pretty.
It is already

(You have to use the B/W sprites for it to work though, which are only in RC1. Once RC1 is in the stable branch, B/W sprites will be considered default and the issue will resolve itself.)
Old September 29, 2010, 01:21:44 PM
Celebi

So it's in the new version? The current shiny Zoura is the same as the normal sprite.
Old October 23, 2010, 05:37:46 AM
Celebi

I know you told me to be patient, but i have a question about forms:

When you change it will you be able to change it again and again? There could be like a "Change Form" under "Change Icon" in the scroll menu.
Old October 23, 2010, 02:33:04 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I know you told me to be patient, but i have a question about forms:

When you change it will you be able to change it again and again? There could be like a "Change Form" under "Change Icon" in the scroll menu.
My plan is for it to occur based on certain conditions. For instance, I want to implement some sort of weather effect and based on both the weather and your current location you will get castform's form. ...This will take me a while, though.

Others will be based on hold items, and others will be changeable on command.
Old October 24, 2010, 04:44:20 AM
Celebi

Things for Freeze to remember:
Porygon evolution.
Weather.

Plus, could pokemon have more than just Swift? Maybe 2 moves, my Rotom could have DIscharge and Ominous Wind. I NEED MORE VARIETY.

Weather will get you Cherrims form as well.

Last edited by RotomGuy; October 24, 2010 at 04:45:01 AM.
Old November 1, 2010, 10:01:37 AM
Zoroark

I'm sorry if this sounds menial or was previously suggested, but can you please include a gender-display for Pokemon displayed on the adopts page?

I think this is once or twice I've adopted something without knowing gender only to be slightly disappointed.
Old November 1, 2010, 01:16:40 PM
Kyurem

Movesets are horridly complicated, but they will none-the-less be done - the infrastructure is already there.

Anyway, I'll finally start working on VB again this Friday through Sunday. Planned changes are:
  • Hold Items (initially only for trade evolution)
  • The additional items for evolution.
  • Mock gamecorner for the above.
  • The weather change.

Beyond that I will most likely work on the maps a bit more. Weather will still be a while, as will alt. forms.
Old November 6, 2010, 04:52:40 PM
Kyurem

What about a private trading machine and you type in who want to trade with?
Old November 6, 2010, 06:36:35 PM
Kyurem

@Hotblast - Hm... Yeah, I'll need to make a note of that as well.

People interested in following the the progress can subscript to VB's twitter feed. I would also recommend asking/nagging for features this way, since its pretty easy for me to keep track of (ex. "@VictoryBattles - Please add 5th gen Pokémon").

So far most of my work has been porting to my new, much awesomer infrastructure in RC1. However, this is a rather time-consuming process. I have migrated map data and most user data, but still need to migrate some other user data, Pokémon bitfields, and wild Pokémon.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; November 6, 2010 at 06:39:06 PM.
Old December 13, 2010, 04:40:31 AM
Kyurem

To summarize the Twitter feed briefly:

1. Evolution items have been added.
2. Fuschia, Celadon, and all routes in-between have been added.
3. Cut is working nicely and I'll be working on both Fly and the Tea next (the latter in conjunction with Saffron).
4. A new login that allows to remember you for one week.
5. A huge slew of bug fixes.

I plan to work heavily tonight and tomorrow to finally get movesets added. After that I want to have live battles done by week's end. Everything else is still up in the air.
Old December 23, 2010, 06:47:59 AM
Volcarona

why we can't battle the gym leaders?(or do a quiz)it says that the gym leaders are in a meeting
Old December 23, 2010, 10:17:40 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucarioLOVER View Post
why we can't battle the gym leaders?(or do a quiz)it says that the gym leaders are in a meeting
(for the 50th time) There not programmed yet.
Old December 23, 2010, 11:10:35 AM
Kyurem

The next version will be released in a few days, so it'll be possible then.
Old December 26, 2010, 02:49:13 AM
Celebi

We needz moor events Freez!
Event ideas: Spiky-Eared Pichu
Regigigas which increases the chance of Regi appearances (as far as I know no one has a Regigigas)

Oh, and how are the forms going?
Old December 28, 2010, 06:51:30 PM
Kyurem

Don't know if this has been suggested before...

How about a reload button in the Pokemon Center when you adopt Pokemon. I, personally, try to look for Pokemon I don't have and when I wanna see a new selection of Pokemon I have to adopt a duplicate of one I ahve which makes me have a mass of that species. Maybe having a button that resets the current selection of Pokemon you currently see.

Also, how about a feature indicating that you have obtained that Pokemon before. I often go into the Pokemon Center and end up adopting a Pokemon I have that I thought I didn't. Maybe have the ones you have obtained have a differently colored background.
Old December 28, 2010, 08:15:41 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
Don't know if this has been suggested before...

How about a reload button in the Pokemon Center when you adopt Pokemon. I, personally, try to look for Pokemon I don't have and when I wanna see a new selection of Pokemon I have to adopt a duplicate of one I ahve which makes me have a mass of that species. Maybe having a button that resets the current selection of Pokemon you currently see.

Also, how about a feature indicating that you have obtained that Pokemon before. I often go into the Pokemon Center and end up adopting a Pokemon I have that I thought I didn't. Maybe have the ones you have obtained have a differently colored background.
The second thing /is/ implemented (has been since Beta 2), however in the latest Beta it is somewhat broken because it relies on the Pokédex... which is broken.

The first probably won't be since that was intentional.
Old January 2, 2011, 02:35:05 AM
Administrator

I'd like to request deletion of nicknames (reverting to original name) when releasing Pokémon. The nicknames can be very unattractive and obscene at times.
Old January 3, 2011, 02:40:48 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I'd like to request deletion of nicknames (reverting to original name) when releasing Pokémon. The nicknames can be very unattractive and obscene at times.
I'll do that for the next beta.
Old January 5, 2011, 12:05:17 AM
Servine

Lightbulb

i don't know if this was suggested before but how about a map!the map will show you where are you!
and something else...can we have 6 pokemon.(if you can't give this ability to have six pokemon just have 2)
Old January 5, 2011, 03:56:38 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfriend View Post
i don't know if this was suggested before but how about a map!the map will show you where are you!
and something else...can we have 6 pokemon.(if you can't give this ability to have six pokemon just have 2)
i think that these ideas are great.i wanted to suggest to have a map in victory battles too.and to have 6 pokemon is a great idea.i think you must add map and allow as to have more pokemon
Old January 5, 2011, 01:11:11 PM
Kyurem

The map is already being coded (you'll all see it in time). And 6 Pokémon will be added eventually, but not quite yet.
Old January 13, 2011, 09:38:00 PM
Regigigas

I'd like to see some 5th gen pokemon. Like Darumakka.
Old January 14, 2011, 03:59:48 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sableyed View Post
I'd like to see some 5th gen pokemon. Like Darumakka.
They're coming. Check the "Now Hiring!" thread, a few volunteers are working on overworld sprites for them, and I'm sure Freeze will put them in soon. There are some already, eventually they'll all be there.

Last edited by Ningamer; January 14, 2011 at 04:00:17 AM.
Old January 16, 2011, 01:36:28 AM
Celebi

I have an idea... it's like the dream world. But not as complex. It simply gives you a random pokemon to battle and catch, at Lvl 20, then you throw Dream balls. This feature could only used once every day, and the pokemon could like gain more experience that usual when clicked.

It could be called Victory Dreams

Last edited by RotomGuy; January 16, 2011 at 04:12:13 AM.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:04:59 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
I have an idea... it's like the dream world. But not as complex. It simply gives you a random pokemon to battle and catch, at Lvl 20, then you throw Dream balls. This feature could only used once every day, and the pokemon could like gain more experience that usual when clicked.

It could be called Victory Dreams
I second this. Also, maybe it could have something to do with Munna and Musharna?
Old January 25, 2011, 05:07:42 AM
Volcarona

I don't know if this is planned for the next beta (Or if this has already been suggested), but I think Pokemon that normally have different male and female forms in the main games have these in VictoryBattles as well.

Last edited by LucarioMario; January 25, 2011 at 05:08:08 AM.
Old February 2, 2011, 07:32:11 PM
Haxorus

And here's a fourth request for you to reply to

How about being able to Select All (as in the Pokemon in your PC) and give them all experience? I know you can select all now, but it would be the equivalent of clicking them all once...