Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 27, 2011, 06:07:02 PM
Volcarona

Default Pokemon Red/Blue: Team Rocket Edition

shouldn't start threads without screenshots but whatever
right now we should compile ideas for this amazing thing

basically the game is completely normal until the end of nugget bridge (I'll have save states ready so you start the game at that point if you want), when you get the nugget from the rocket grunt. Upon being asked to join, the player automatically says yes

from this point on the game will essentially be a playthrough of the story in RBY had the player been on TR's side, from the infiltration of Pokemon Tower to the now successful take over of silph co, to the eventual capturing of the legendaries. You can still use whatever Pokemon you want, of course, but the gym league and elite 4 are completely skimmed over, now that you have bigger things to do. Not entirely sure about what happens once you capture mewtwo though. The game can't just end there, of course, Pokemon never ends, but since you're basically banned from gym battles you WILL eventually have nothing left to do in the game. Some help in that field would be nice.

THINGS THAT WILL BE CHANGED:
Minor map edits to account for the plot (characters being moved around and such)
Minor wild encounter modifications, again for plot reasons.
A HUGE text overhaul, as people will be saying completely different things once you're a rocket member.
Possibly sprite changes?

Also not sure what else to put here other than help is as usual welcome, be it a few suggestions, a map, a sprite, a complete code rewrite, or anything else really.
Old March 27, 2011, 09:51:45 PM
Regigigas

Nice, this is a really great idea. I actually always thought this sort of role reversal would work well for Pokemon Black and White, but the original games should be interesting, too.

Well, instead of skipping the Gyms entirely, you could give them the place of "admins", similar to the villainous teams of Generations II, III, and IV. For example, a Team Rocket squad is trying to take over Cerulean City, but Misty gets in the way and interferes with your plans. As a result, you must battle her. To change things up, though, you could have "rewards" in the form of stealing a Pokemon from each Gym Leader you battle (xD I feel kind of bad suggesting this). From a coding perspective, you could simply have it as though the protagonist receives an item, or in this case, Pokemon from the Gym Leader, though story-wise, it's taken by force.
Old March 28, 2011, 07:15:31 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
Well, instead of skipping the Gyms entirely, you could give them the place of "admins", similar to the villainous teams of Generations II, III, and IV. For example, a Team Rocket squad is trying to take over Cerulean City, but Misty gets in the way and interferes with your plans. As a result, you must battle her. To change things up, though, you could have "rewards" in the form of stealing a Pokemon from each Gym Leader you battle (xD I feel kind of bad suggesting this). From a coding perspective, you could simply have it as though the protagonist receives an item, or in this case, Pokemon from the Gym Leader, though story-wise, it's taken by force.
Actually, that's a great idea, and seems simple enough to fit in the story, as well as code. As for stealing Pokemon, what I had in mind was simply removing the "Don't be a theif" safeguard, and not mentioning that it was removed until you join TR.
Old March 28, 2011, 02:08:21 PM
Haxorus

this should copy the manga a bit and add GLs that are on TR's side
Old May 17, 2011, 01:56:07 PM
Zoroark

BUMP

Have you given up? I know you're banned, but even before you haven't been working on it.
Old May 17, 2011, 02:43:51 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
BUMP

Have you given up? I know you're banned, but even before you haven't been working on it.
It doesn't matter he's banned, you had no reason for bumping this.

This should be closed right now.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:39:18 PM
Zoroark

Yes, but he should have continued it before he was banned. Before he was banned e wasn't even continuing it.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:54:59 AM
Kyurem

Well, theoretically it's on hold, with rando managing the new Hideout forum and the recent RMaG overhaul that hasn't been announced on VR yet for obvious reasons.

I think temp lock

Last edited by NismoZ; May 18, 2011 at 10:18:38 AM.
Old May 19, 2011, 03:52:16 PM
Zoroark

I don't
Old May 22, 2011, 06:11:38 PM
Kyurem

I do.