Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 5, 2011, 07:42:51 PM
Cyndaquil

Default Pokemon Blue DX

Pokemon Blue DX is what I'd consider an "upgrade" from the original Blue Version. Why DX? Well It kinda reminded me of Link's Awakening DX in the sense it was not only a color upgrade, but had some new features as well. Well this hack will have some features, most notably is the full color feature. It'll also have a PokeGear, but without the phone feature, since this is 3 years before Gold's adventure, I'd consider this Pokegear a "Prototype" or "older version" Something Daisy(Green's sister) will rant about. Now without further ado.

I don't really find it beneficial to explain the story since everyone here(at Skeetendo) would know full well what games Blue/Red are as we hack the GB/C games it would only seem fitting. For the "new kids on the block" I'll explain it briefly.

Story
Red is a boy that is about to start his journey the same day as his rival, Green. Being the snobbish brat he is, he's always just 1 step ahead of you everywhere you turn. Ironically as you're the first to obtain a Pokemon before him. Somehow he manages to pick the type advantage. Anyway, along the adventure you run into Pokemon poachers, the Rocket Gang, or "Team Rocket". They steal and abuse Pokemon to suit their purposes. You'll run into their Boss on more than 1 occasion. Traveling all throughout the Kanto region, do you have what it takes to make it to the Pokemon League?(Not Indigo Plateau...yet)

Features
Play an updated version of Pokemon Blue. Blue Updated was the beta name for the project. I figured Blue DX sounded right(however the titles screen will say Pokemon Blue Version X)

The safari Zone makes an return....sorta. This time around you have 5 minutes...yes 5 minutes! To get any Pokemon you please. Many rare Pokemon live in the safari zone and there are secret places that will allow you to go even deeper to find stronger and different Pokemon.(Not fakemon, but you may come across for example a Magikarp that has high attack value in exchange for low defense or something of the sort)

A "prototype" Pokegear(honestly this is a result of me being lazy for not pointing a existing item to the map code itself). No radio transmissions or phone calls are enabled. Just the time and location!

After getting the 8th Badge, you don't go straight to Indigo Plateau without making yourself worthy first. You'll see.

Perhaps much more(maybe Red's experience in the Johto Region. We'll see).

screenshots
Ol' Oak revamped!

Red or Ash?

You actually weren't supposed to see this yet. But I forgot that my starting position was saved here lol

Revamped Pokemon Tower tiles!

Don't pay Lance any attention. He's so not the Champion.

Hard to tell the difference between Lorelei and Will. They probably think they're the same?

Revamped Pokemon Center...but I'll admit. I sucked it from SaR. I'll have to credit Mateo. That is, if he lets me to use them still.

What was his name again? Green?

Apparently Squirtle is the only one who can hold it's own in it's first battle. Green relies on stat changes for some reason...

Hey wait up slacker!

Revamped Green and Red(It took awhile to depixelate the backsprite)

Starter's in motion

And that's all for now. I'm thinking of asking Mateo is when the time comes, to release this side by side with SaR. Since that's a Gold hack, with Red background and mine is a Silver hack with Blue background, I figured it'd be cool. Anyway, I'll get to credits in a moment. None of this would have been possible if Skeetendo didn't tolerate my heavy asking questions policy that lit up the Help section in the past couple of weeks. It is, thanks to them that I learned in a short time though. And I'm thrilled. Although my 3rd gen hack, "Pokemon Legends" has been erased recently through a virus, I haven't given up on rom hacking. However, this may be the last project. After this I'm sure I won't have that much time on my hands anymore.

Downloads

Beta 1.1
Stops at the entrance of Mt.Moon.

Pokemon Blue DX 1.1

Bugs
1.When receiving Bulbasaur, the chime is a bit late.
2.When Oak delivers Pokedex, Rival's music still plays(even though I commended it to stop when he stopped moving)
3.The tip guy in Pewter city may cause the game to crash. I haven't assigned him a script.
4.When leaving Pewter City on the right(before badge) the emote command of the guy will cause the map to look funny for a second. I don't know why.
5. Since I don't know the location of palettes for the Trainer Card, Misty's hair will be green instead of red.
6. Level 118 Beedrill's in Viridian Forest! Beware!(I don't know why this is eppening either. It isn't loading the set I programmed for it from Ilex Forest)--Fixed!
Post any bugs you may find. And alas, enjoy.

credits
Mateo--for answering my questions and helping me. Most notably his great tutorials.
Miksy--his video tutorials and assistance with my help threads.
Tauwasser--his great legendary Compendium full of commands and scripting.
IImarkus--for his assistance throughout my being at Skeetendo and pointing me into the right directions allowing me to figure things out on my own.
Boredom--For giving me 10+ hours of free time and making me lose sleep, reducing my sleep time to about 5-6 hours.
God--just because he's God

Last edited by tysonrss; December 5, 2011 at 07:43:25 PM.
Old December 5, 2011, 08:12:19 PM
Keldeo

looks good dude.
Old December 5, 2011, 08:36:17 PM
Cyndaquil

Thanks man.

There's actually a new Red backsprite, so disregard the one shown above.

Last edited by tysonrss; December 5, 2011 at 08:36:56 PM.
Old December 6, 2011, 07:00:58 AM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonrss View Post
Thanks man.

There's actually a new Red backsprite, so disregard the one shown above.
yeah, he looks a little fatter in that one... BUT that's just my opinion.
Old December 7, 2011, 06:41:52 PM
Cyndaquil

Updates.

Just pics of Mt.Moon and what happens there.

Old December 7, 2011, 11:05:17 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonrss View Post
Updates.

Just pics of Mt.Moon and what happens there.

Question, are you going to change the sprites of the fossils to something else? I know this is in development, but still, just asking.
Old December 8, 2011, 09:22:08 AM
Cyndaquil

I changed them to look like the Shellder sprites in the POKeMON menu.