Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > PokéNews

Notices

PokéNews Non-staff should post news on Pokémon General.

Search this Thread
Old August 7, 2010, 05:09:35 AM
Shaymin

Default September's issue of CoroCoro is here with new Pokemon BW Info!

Source: Serebii
New scans are leaking out from September's issue of the Japanese magazine, CoroCoro. This issue features some brand new Pokémon, as well as updates on some old...new ones.

• The first scan features the new Pokémon Mooguryuu, a ground-type Pokemon. It has two new abilities, Sand Throw and Sand Power. Sand Throw doubles the Pokémon's speed while Sandstorm is in play. Sand Power boosts the power of Ground, Rock and Steel type moves in a Sandstorm.
  • Next is Kurukiru, a Bug/Grass-type Pokémon. It has a new move called Bug Resistance, which should be able to attack two opponents at once and has a chance to lower the opponent's SpDef.
  • 3rd, we have Mamanbou, a Water-type Pokémon. It has a new ability, Healing Heart that should be useful for double & triple battles because it removes status effects from your partner in battle.
  • Here is just a showing of every Pokémon we know so far, which is a total of 27.
  • Here is a showing of the special box arts that Pokémon Black/White will have.
  • New picture featuring either a snowy area or the way the game looks like during Winter.

Story Info:
  • Our heroes and rivals hometown is Kanoko Town (カノコタウン)
  • They meet Team Plasma in Karakusa Town first.
  • Dento is the first gym leader, who you fight in Sanyo City (サンヨウシティで).
  • Aloe is the 2nd gym leader, who you fight in Shippou City (シッポウシティ).

Battle Features:
  • The Miracle Shooter lets you use items(Potion, etc.) in wireless battles. You need to gain points to use them first, however.
  • The Battle Subway is a lot like the Battle Tower, where you fight 7 trainers in a row and gain points to use at stores to redeem them for items.

Stay tuned for more, we'll be editing this with new info as it comes.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; August 11, 2010 at 09:25:01 AM.
Old August 7, 2010, 05:39:31 AM
Giratina

Wasn't Burokko that toy shown months ago? To be honest, the "Cauliflower Pokemon" doesn't sound very... intimidating... or powerful...
Old August 7, 2010, 05:39:52 AM
Celebi

Here is more:

Another Pic if it.

Emonga (エモンガ) is the Flying Squirrel Pokemon, stands 0.4m tall, and weights 5.0kg. It is an Electric / Flying-type and has Static as its ability.

Darumakka (ダルマッカ) is a Fire-type and the supposed pre-evolution of Hihidaruma.

A Plant/Owl thing, its name and information has not been revealed yet.
Old August 7, 2010, 05:40:30 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
Wasn't Burokko that toy shown months ago? To be honest, the "Cauliflower Pokemon" doesn't sound very... intimidating... or powerful...
Yes Ningamer
Old August 8, 2010, 11:01:30 AM
Giratina

More amazing news. I wonder what the special box arts are for, though.
Old August 8, 2010, 11:21:06 AM
Keldeo

The mole guy gets increased power during sandstorms? Oh my, T-tar and him are gonna be bestest buddies. C:

Kinda want one of em now though. o3o
Old August 8, 2010, 11:23:15 AM
Rayquaza

Techno is going to be really mad they didn't reveal that tomb pokemon.

Now that the last corocoro is out it's pretty much a free for all now as in whatever pokemon gets revealed from this point on probably won't be revealed officially until the game is officially released.
Old August 8, 2010, 11:25:40 AM
Keldeo

Oh yea, nothings really known about that tomb pokemanz huh? Im guessing it might be specialialy obtained, or rare sorta like spiritomb was. o3o I really can't see you encountering those tombstone guys as just average wild pokemon.
Old August 8, 2010, 11:32:45 AM
Zoroark

inb4 Technomancer starts ranting about the lack of Desukan.

I like Mogyuruu. Sandshrew replacement?
Old August 8, 2010, 11:42:34 AM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Oh yea, nothings really known about that tomb pokemanz huh? Im guessing it might be specialialy obtained, or rare sorta like spiritomb was. o3o I really can't see you encountering those tombstone guys as just average wild pokemon.
They'll most likely be found around here:

in the desert area of Isshu.
Old August 8, 2010, 11:56:18 AM
Keldeo

I think they might be like electrodes. Ya know, looks like a pokeball then OHSH- your being attacked. :V Of course that'd mean your character will be raiding coffins...
Old August 8, 2010, 12:13:39 PM
Giratina

I actually feel like not coming on here any more from the game's release until I finish it. It'll be the first Pokemon game that will actually surprise me, I'll actually be looking for new Pokemon, and I'll be all excited! :3

And no, that doesn't mean September - UK release, it probably means September to mid-October.
Old August 8, 2010, 12:56:11 PM
Kyurem

Oooh that mole Pokemon seems interesting! Here is t hoping it has the stats to match its amazing ability.

Oh, and the Miracle Shooter makes me terrified. Items in Wifi battles? D: Things will never end when people keep spamming revives and full restores!
Old August 8, 2010, 01:50:22 PM
Administrator

As much as I hate spoilers now, I must add these to the Pokémon BW page ASAP.
Old August 8, 2010, 02:13:52 PM
Volcarona

What would the purpose of the special box art be? Why have two different covers for a single version? Do you think maybe the cover will be one of those things that displays a different image depending on what angle you're looking at it? It makes sense marketing-wise: Someone walking past the game would see a flicker or change where something should be static.

I'm a little concerned about Mamanbou. I mean, we've known about it for a while, but still haven't been told if it's an evolved form of luvdisc or not. It'd be irritating if it weren't an evolved form of luvdisc.

Hopefully the Miracle Shooter option can be turned off. Like Alakazamaster said: revive spam. Or, could you imagine a full restore on a Cresselia? Nightmarish, from my perspective.
Old August 8, 2010, 02:47:45 PM
Regigigas

For the record, to everyone worrying about the Miracle Shooter, you can choose whether or not to use it.

Also, some areas are only accessible during certain seasons, as in Winter, for example, snow piles up, allowing access to higher ground. Judging from the Winter scan, it seems the protagonists get a change of outfits depending on the season, since the female protagonist is wearing a pink outfit, where hers is normally black and white with blue shorts.

Also, there`s a new type of battle method called "Rotation Battles", which is a Triple Battle in which only one Pokemon can attack each turn, so players have to predict the opponent`s move to do well.
Old August 8, 2010, 03:10:47 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'bom View Post
What would the purpose of the special box art be? Why have two different covers for a single version? Do you think maybe the cover will be one of those things that displays a different image depending on what angle you're looking at it? It makes sense marketing-wise: Someone walking past the game would see a flicker or change where something should be static.
Considering all the 4th gen games seem to have some sort of shiny boxart, I bet that those two shall be in the same way where if you move it, then box will show the little black or white area and the tail effects.
Old August 8, 2010, 10:07:10 PM
Regigigas

ooh, good, updates.

I'm glad we FINALLY have information on the Mole pokemon, I still want more on the rest of them.

Bug type looks fun, but it prolly won't be good.

I still don't understand why they're revealing Luvdisc evolution. to my knowledge, we won't even be able to catch it until after we best the elite four.

Character and plot information is interesting. Do we have a picture of the first gym leader, and do we know their types yet?
Old August 11, 2010, 06:26:13 AM
Haxorus

I can CATCH the eeveelutions?

i need munna evo
Old August 11, 2010, 06:39:53 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeveee View Post
I can CATCH the eeveelutions?

i need munna evo
Yup. You can catch them, and with unique abilities as well.
Old August 11, 2010, 06:59:02 AM
Volcarona

Hmmm the Sand Throw ability is like Swift Swim during a sandstorm. It could be useful depending if Moguryuu have high attack base stats and have decent speed which could be a sweeper (it's too early to tell).

Sand Power is really useful since Ground, Rock and Steel Pokemon will have at least 1 move that benefits the boost and combine with their own type would make them powerful.
Old August 11, 2010, 07:25:33 AM
Giratina

Sand Throw and Sand Power seem like excellent abilities for a Sandstorm team.
Old August 11, 2010, 08:52:51 AM
Rayquaza

They actually are. Both of them are too strong, and will make Sandstorm teams more useful. I hope that other weather teams get useful abilities as well.
Old August 13, 2010, 12:49:17 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
[*]Here is just a showing of every Pokémon we know so far, which is a total of 27.
That's a filthy lie. I don't see Desukan in that mix. >:l

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiDragunov View Post
inb4 Technomancer starts ranting about the lack of Desukan.
TOO LATE RAWR

Yes, I am furious over the lack of Desukan. I hate to sound like a corrupted .wav file, but seriously. The hell is my Sarcophagus?!

If he is specially obtained, I will unlock him. >:l I need Desukan in my crew.

But honestly, I don't see it happening. The desert region is most likely dotted with small obelisks and Pokémon burial sites. Desukan is most likely an evolved form of, like I've been saying for a while now, a Canopic Jar, which are much smaller than sarcophagi.

Desukan will not evolve into [or from] a mummified corpse.

Last edited by .name//Technomancer; August 13, 2010 at 12:57:01 AM.