Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Introductions

Notices

Introductions If you're new, this is your first stop after signing up!

Search this Thread
Old August 17, 2011, 09:11:00 PM
Volcarona

Default I come from one hacking forum to the next.

Hi, I'm GalliumGrant. I have been keeping an eye on this forum for quite some time, debating whether I should officially join Victory Road. It all started when PokeRemixStudio showed a link to this website. It seems like a nice forum, so I might just be staying.

I'm a rare breed of hacker around here; Thing is I've never played or created a Pokemon Hack, but I have experience in creating a hack. I'd love to try making a Pokemon Modification to a ROM, preferably, Pokemon Black. BTW, do you guy's have anything known as a split dissassembly? Or do you just have regular ROM's? I've always wondered.

Anyways, I'm guessing at this point you would probably say "Hi, Welcome to Victory Road!", or something similar, right? D:
Old August 17, 2011, 10:05:06 PM
Rayquaza

Yes, you are right, we are supposed to say 'Hi, welcome to Victory Road!' and so I am saying.
Old August 17, 2011, 10:11:27 PM

Hello there, welcome to the forums and thanks for joining!
I don't know much about hacking, so I don't know how to answer your inquiry, but I'm sure you'll be able to find something here worth your time.
Old August 17, 2011, 11:08:01 PM
Regigigas

While Victory Road does have threads pertaining to hacking and the like, we don't actually host any of the programs used ourselves. I don't think anyone has used split disassembly for their ROM editing yet, though I haven't been through the hacking boards in a while. If not, they'll probably enjoy the introduction of it's use over hex editing, which you may be able to take care of.

Also, check out the chatroom (V.R.I.M.), that's usually the easiest way to get acquainted with other members rather quickly. Enjoy your time here.

(Note that I never once said "Hi, welcome to Victory Road!", or anything noticeably similar )
Old August 18, 2011, 08:29:17 AM
Landorus

Well, Welcome to victory road!

worst speller ever
Old August 18, 2011, 12:43:00 PM
Floatzel

Welcome to Victory Road! Read the rules, follow the rules, meet new people, make friends, and have a great time! so many things to do here. o.o
Old August 18, 2011, 02:23:34 PM
Kyurem

Interesting... I don't recognize you from SMWC... what ROM hacking experience do you have?

also welcome to the forum