Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 15, 2012, 08:46:02 AM
Kyurem

Default How long have I been in Victory Road?

I've only slightly less than three months before my first year in Victory Road comes to an end.

As for why I came to Victory Road...

It's a long story.

It all started with an innocent file. An innocent fan art, if you will. Fan art of one of my favourite Pokemon, in fact. I've always been a fan of cute Pokemon in general, and especially Grass-type starters. I guess before I came to Victory Road, I came to PokeCommunity.

PokeCommunity is actually where my relationship with Victory Road started. I have Masterge77 to thank for it... I randomly picked a fan art of Turtwig online to go as my avatar, no? Who'd have thought that it'd be Cat's own creation? xD A Turtwig Surprise, to be exact, and I was surprised... and then I got interested in this "Cat333Pokemon" person from that point on.

It seemed that he had a profile on PokeCommunity, so I headed there after a member search. Didn't take too long to visit his home page, or the link in his signature (I forgot!), and here I was in VR. Didn't take me too long to sign up ASAP, seeing as I liked how the little forum was holding up.

I started out with "Ophiuchus" as my username, because I didn't think that anyone would want random Unicode characters popping up in my username, no? And I ran with a Snivy avatar. Like I said, I've always been a fan of Grass types, especially starters.

Think of me as that "came here for the... actually scratch that" person. I guess I don't really need something here, but who cares? As long as I'm here, I'm here for a good time, and if the forum does have something for me to stick, I'll naturally hang around.

First things first, well, VM conversation with our beloved Fuzzles! You may not have noticed it, but I think I really, really do love leaving VMs on Cat's profile. And then I noticed that Cat is a nice person. Well, nice might be an understatement... I guess we are somewhat like... well, I think we do know each other very well after nine months. He can probably blame me for all these notifications going off at his profile when he wakes up every morning!

Early on, the bulk of my time was on VRIM. (Cue Freeze jokes.) That was probably the place where I got to know each member more personally... Cy-Cy (Cyrus), LugiaDialga, Reuniclus, Wulf Cines, Seiji, Quad, Shade... Well, these are probably the people that I know the most here. I don't think Masterge77 has come back, nor that he's going to... Sometimes, the very thing that brought you to here isn't here at all... If only he was here, huh?

It was a kind of a time for some self-exploration, too. Now that we've got some people that are consistently around at the same time, dedicated everything so far... Well, it's probably a great time to be able to talk about things that you like and have shared interests.

Victory Road and my time with it was probably also the first time that I've got my sights focused on getting on a Computer Science course later on. Code, programming, HTML and CSS, you know, the works. I'm now really on one now. When you have a strong interest, you will do anything you can to work towards it. I think I've also learned how to make things work with simple pages, as a personal project of sorts. Also, jokes about bad code, cross-posted items from other sites that I've found funny or interesting, random links...

And random thoughts.

I've even gotten into drawing after a long time in Victory Road.

So many things accomplished, eh?
Old July 15, 2012, 10:19:41 AM

Twiggy, you've grown really attached to Victory Road (probably more attached than me ). I'm glad these last 9 months have been fun for you, I enjoyed getting to know you as a friend. ^^
Old July 15, 2012, 10:29:13 AM
Kyurem

I've been here for over two years and I'm not as attached to this place. There's really only one reason why I'm still here, which I explained in another thread.