Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VictoryBattles > Bug Reports

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 7, 2010, 07:16:27 PM
Kyurem

Here is the current list of bugs/minor features that are needed for Beta 3 to be official; I hope to complete most or all of them by tomorrow:

• Bad Dex Updating (Probably RC1; 1-2 Hours)
  • Location Movement Errors (AJAX) (10-20 Minutes)
  • Location Movement Allowed Globally (AJAX) (Probably RC1; 30-60 Minutes)
  • Capture Animation in Wild Battles (30-90 Minutes)
  • "Show All Trades" Slow (IE) (Probably RC1; 1-2 Hours)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 7, 2010 at 10:24:30 PM.
Old August 8, 2010, 06:48:55 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryBattles
Program Error: Something Went Wrong!
Unable to Connection to MySQL: The server was unable to connect to MySQL. We are most likely experiencing a period of brief downtime: stay patient and hopefully we'll be back soon
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM user WHERE userid = "" AND "" = MD5(CONCAT(MD5(CONCAT(password,"")),salt))
Error: Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM vb_meta WHERE page = ""
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT op.nickname, op.id, op.level, op.pokeid, po.name FROM vb_ownedPokemon AS op, vb_pokemon AS po WHERE op.owner = 0 AND op.pokeid = po.id ORDER BY rand() LIMIT 12

Ooops, We Did It Again: Something Went Wrong
mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'victoryroad.net' (4)
mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established
mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'www-data'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
mysql_close(): no MySQL-Link resource supplied
Got that after clicking "Adopt more Pokemon". It might've just been a one-off thing.

EDIT: Got it again, this time after clicking "Adopt★". Below that error it then said "You have already adopted this Pokemon".

Also if you get to a page that doesn't exist is says "The page you are trying to load does not exist in ZamFights." Just a little heads-up.

ALSO, last time I checked, my Zoroark was level 23, not level 1 with no experience. It's been clicked 22 times as well.

Last edited by Ningamer; August 8, 2010 at 12:17:28 PM.
Old August 8, 2010, 10:05:13 PM
Kyurem

I fixed the experience glitch, sorry 'bout that. Zoroak will start counting experience going forward.

As for the crazy MySQL errors, those occur when ever MySQL is down, usually along with the forum.
Old August 9, 2010, 04:54:21 AM
Giratina

Alright! Raikou's level 100!

And I figured out the Geodude thing - Swift, instead of being a Normal type move, takes on the type of your Pokemon. Raikou's electric, and Geodude's Rock/Ground, so that's why.

I can't seem to remove any of my trades, I just get:
"MySQL Error
Query: DELETE FROM vb_trades WHERE id=54
Error: DELETE command denied to user 'freezewarp'@'68.233.235.37' for table 'vb_trades'

We were unable to remove that trade. You may want to report the problem at our forums.

Return."

Also Ultimazone's challenged me, but he no longer has his Pokemon, so it's telling me to contact an admin to remove the challenge.

Last edited by Ningamer; August 9, 2010 at 08:06:50 AM.
Old August 9, 2010, 05:09:26 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
I can't seem to remove any of my trades, I just get:
"MySQL Error
Query: DELETE FROM vb_trades WHERE id=54
Error: DELETE command denied to user 'freezewarp'@'68.233.235.37' for table 'vb_trades'

We were unable to remove that trade. You may want to report the problem at our forums.

Return."

Also Ultimazone's challenged me, but he no longer has his Pokemon, so it's telling me to contact an admin to remove the challenge.
Fixed the first, thanks for reporting. ...Second is a bit harder.
Old August 9, 2010, 07:01:07 AM
Kyurem

I was being stupid and changed the sprite of my shiny Drowzee to Pokémon Yellow, but instead of being a black and white frontsprite it was a full-color backsprite.

EDIT: I think the whole thing just broke now. I get this error on the menu index:
Could not generate map: file does not exist.

Menu index bug appears to be fixed now, although I'm trapped in Viridian City. I am no longer trapped in Viridian City.

EDIT 2: More stupidity. This time, I tried to accept a trade but not select a Pokémon in return. This happened.
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT po.name, op.level, op.id, op.pokeid, op.owner FROM vb_ownedPokemon AS op, vb_pokemon AS po WHERE op.id = AND op.pokeid = po.id
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND op.pokeid = po.id' at line 1

EDIT 3: Stupidity finds lots of errors. This time, I hit "Submit Trade Offer" without selecting anything.
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM vb_ownedPokemon WHERE id =
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM vb_pokemon WHERE id =
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
MySQL Error

If I go to Pallet Town this happens.

Last edited by NismoZ; August 9, 2010 at 07:34:42 AM.
Old August 9, 2010, 07:31:29 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
I was being stupid and changed the sprite of my shiny Drowzee to Pokémon Yellow, but instead of being a black and white frontsprite it was a full-color backsprite.

EDIT: I think the whole thing just broke now. I get this error on the menu index:
Could not generate map: file does not exist.

Menu index bug appears to be fixed now, although I'm trapped in Viridian City.

EDIT 2: More stupidity. This time, I tried to accept a trade but not select a Pokémon in return. This happened.
MySQL Error
Query: SELECT po.name, op.level, op.id, op.pokeid, op.owner FROM vb_ownedPokemon AS op, vb_pokemon AS po WHERE op.id = AND op.pokeid = po.id
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND op.pokeid = po.id' at line 1

EDIT 3: Stupidity finds lots of errors. This time, I hit "Submit Trade Offer" without selecting anything.
MySQL Error
MySQL Error
MySQL Error
Because no shiny Pokémon existed way back when, I used that instead. Kinda nifty I think =P

As for the menus, I've been working on them for a while to fix all problems. Now, I think all problems are fixed. Please report any that appear, though (including previously reported bugs - I think MySQL errors are gone but it could just be me not seeing).

As for the other two errors, lemme fix both of them now.
Old August 9, 2010, 07:42:10 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
MySQL Error

MySQL Error
MySQL Error
MySQL Error

If I go to Pallet Town this happens.
Fixed both the SQL errors. Which browser are you using for the last error?
Old August 9, 2010, 07:49:28 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Which browser are you using for the last error?
The Pallet Town one? Safari 5.0. If I hover over the "Community" dropdown it goes away, and going to Pallet from another page (such as my house) doesn't do it; only from Route 1.
Old August 9, 2010, 07:51:23 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
The Pallet Town one? Safari 5.0. If I hover over the "Community" dropdown it goes away, and going to Pallet from another page (such as my house) doesn't do it; only from Route 1.
I'll need to investigate it in Safari, then.
Old August 9, 2010, 11:22:46 AM
Joltik

im trying to get the sword but it says error recieving item
you cant use that and sometimes it says error recieving item due to an error in the game you cant get the sword
Old August 9, 2010, 12:27:21 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi247 View Post
you cant use that and sometimes it says error recieving item due to an error in the game you cant get the sword
The story isn't being worked on yet, so that's why you can't get it. It's also why the gyms aren't working and there are only wild battles. Hopefully in the next couple of releases we'll have a bit of story!

Bug Reports    
My shiny Raikou doesn't appear shiny in it's adoptables-like form:
as opposed to .
(Are the levels supposed to be like that?)

And I am dissapoint by the lack of Yoshi:

If it helps, this error appeared: "imagecreatefrompng(images/pokemon/overworld/normal/left/1/1000.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
imagecopy() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given" (I assume that means that there is no walking sprite for Yoshi - Same applies for Zoroark)

Last edited by Ningamer; August 9, 2010 at 12:37:17 PM.
Old August 9, 2010, 12:55:54 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi247 View Post
Fixed - I kept procrastinating at fixing that bug.

By the way, this also means people can get to Lavendar Town now.

Quote:
My shiny Raikou doesn't appear shiny in it's adoptables-like form:
as opposed to .
(Are the levels supposed to be like that?)

And I am dissapoint by the lack of Yoshi:

If it helps, this error appeared: "imagecreatefrompng(images/pokemon/overworld/normal/left/1/1000.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
imagecopy() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given" (I assume that means that there is no walking sprite for Yoshi - Same applies for Zoroark)[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
Fixed the Floatzel-embed non-shininess bug. Lack of Yoshi could be remedied if someone sends me the right sprite from SMW; I'm too lazy myself
Old August 9, 2010, 02:26:48 PM
Giratina

Bingo.

I've also encountered the same problem with a couple of other Pokemon, I believe one is Azelf.

EDIT: I went to the Name Rater in Lavender... OH THE HORROR!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ningamer; August 9, 2010 at 04:54:10 PM.
Old August 12, 2010, 03:47:37 AM
Volcarona

Question

i won brock in a quiz
but for some reason i can't battle misty and i don't understant what you say
Old August 12, 2010, 01:09:16 PM
Zoroark

As soon as I open victory battles, I get this. Check in attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What DOES IT MEAN.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	960  
Old August 12, 2010, 01:25:13 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuildmasterWigglytuff View Post
As soon as I open victory battles, I get this. Check in attachments.

Attachment 960
Yeah; that happens when the MySQL server for VB is down. It happens a lot.

...And I usually get more errors then that when it happens.
Old August 12, 2010, 03:43:26 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Bingo.

I've also encountered the same problem with a couple of other Pokemon, I believe one is Azelf.

EDIT: I went to the Name Rater in Lavender... OH THE HORROR!
I'll make an out-of-band update for both of those, and disable both the gyms, on Friday.
Old August 13, 2010, 08:29:42 AM
Kyurem

I somehow managed to get a Missingno, and there is no sprite following Gold on the micro-embed.

Also, it brings up two PHP errors when I go to the embed page for Missingno do anything that involves Missingno being on-screen, minus the PC.

imagecreatefrompng(images/pokemon/overworld/normal/left/1/1002.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
imagecopy() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given

I got two divisions by zero when I evolved my Nidoran M.

Okay, now VB is giving me Pokémon that I don't own, including that Missingno, a Gible, and a Zorua.

Oh yeah, and it thinks I have 189 Pokémon, when I really have over 400.

...And after going east of Vermillion, I was led to an empty map and now I'm trapped.

By the way, this is the best sprite for overworld Missingno.

Last edited by NismoZ; August 14, 2010 at 05:08:01 PM.
Old August 16, 2010, 06:56:26 AM
Pikachu

Same here Lucario!

I went somewhere and it didn't show the map. "No big deal" I thought, but when I went back to a map I already visited... NOTHING!

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; August 16, 2010 at 09:12:20 AM.
Old August 16, 2010, 08:31:54 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbychu View Post
Same here Lucario!
You can't do the quizzes/battles yet: its basically left-over from a few months ago.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; August 16, 2010 at 09:11:46 AM. Reason: Posts moved from the Walkthrough here because they're more appropriate here.
Old August 16, 2010, 12:12:11 PM
Pikachu

If it helps, I went to Route... it's the route by Diglett's cave. Route 11 I think it was?
Old August 16, 2010, 01:28:31 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
If it helps, I went to Route... it's the route by Diglett's cave. Route 11 I think it was?
Yeah; same thing happened to me when I went there. I'm trapped now. <.<
Old August 16, 2010, 02:12:57 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah; same thing happened to me when I went there. I'm trapped now. <.<
Alright, sorta fixed. Those who were trapped will be set back at Pallet. (If you previously got the sword thingy, you will still have that).

Otherwise, in the future, going there will just do nothing (like several other routes).

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 16, 2010 at 02:16:37 PM.
Old August 17, 2010, 05:15:03 AM
Pikachu

OK, this is weird. I have a RHYDON Lv. 13. I never even adopted a Rhyhorn, let alone a Rhydon! What is this?
Old August 17, 2010, 02:14:23 PM
Giratina

I can't set up a trade. No matter what Pokémon I pick, it says that I don't own it.

"MySQL Error
Query: SELECT * FROM vb_ownedPokemon WHERE id = "33791\"
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"33791\"' at line 1"

Last edited by Ningamer; August 17, 2010 at 02:15:32 PM.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:48:52 AM
Kyurem

The Name Rater is still messed up. This time, it gave my Mesprit the sprite of a Nosepass! :O
Old August 18, 2010, 07:00:50 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
OK, this is weird. I have a RHYDON Lv. 13. I never even adopted a Rhyhorn, let alone a Rhydon! What is this?
...Ya got me

Quote:
I can't set up a trade. No matter what Pokémon I pick, it says that I don't own it.

"MySQL Error
Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"33791\"' at line 1"
Will work on ASAP.

Quote:
The Name Rater is still messed up. This time, it gave my Mesprit the sprite of a Nosepass! :O
Triaged for RC1.
Old August 18, 2010, 07:51:09 AM
Magikarp

Every time I adopt a Pokemon, at least two more appear in my PC that I never even clicked on. Another problem is that they're only broken images in the Pokemon Center, but they're just fine in the PC.

Last edited by PachirisuFan; August 18, 2010 at 02:49:55 PM.
Old August 18, 2010, 07:51:25 AM
Kyurem

Quote:

"MySQL Error
Quote:
Both have been fixed, and along with disabling the gyms, this is sorta the Beta 3.0.1.
Old August 18, 2010, 04:28:30 PM
Volcarona

Whenever I try to select a move in battle, it displays some kind of error message. I can't remember what it was, but it keeps me from doing anything.

And are there any legit Riolus in the adoption system?
Old August 18, 2010, 05:01:10 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioMario View Post
While not really a bug, yes, there are (And I don't believe they're all that rare...).

I don't get any errors in battles... You'll have to wait for Freeze for that.
Old August 18, 2010, 08:23:25 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Whenever I try to select a move in battle, it displays some kind of error message. I can't remember what it was, but it keeps me from doing anything.

If you can tell me the error it would help (I can't reproduce myself).

And several =D
Old August 19, 2010, 04:16:13 AM
Kyurem

Another problem with the Name Rater.

require_once(/var/www/victorybattles.net/htdocs/content/rename.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

That's what happens when I try to enter.

I also can't sort Pokémon by adopt ID.

Last edited by NismoZ; August 19, 2010 at 04:20:39 AM.
Old August 19, 2010, 04:46:31 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Another problem with the Name Rater.

require_once(/var/www/victorybattles.net/htdocs/content/rename.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

That's what happens when I try to enter.

I also can't sort Pokémon by adopt ID.
Fixed, caused that this morning. Remember, you are usually supposed to use the P.C. (Though, because of redundancy, I am removing that function from the P.C. in favour of the name rater in RC1).

As for the adopt ID sorting, triaged for RC1.
Edit: Fixed; http://rc1.victorybattles.net/index....view&sort=id-d

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 19, 2010 at 04:48:10 AM.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:30:40 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PachirisuFan View Post
Every time I adopt a Pokemon, at least two more appear in my PC that I never even clicked on. Another problem is that they're only broken images in the Pokemon Center, but they're just fine in the PC.
Oddly, I can confirm both. The broken images are fixed, and I'm trying to figure out the screwed up adoption.

Edit: Adoption fixed. I'm a little ashamed that happened, honestly.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 19, 2010 at 06:34:42 AM.
Old August 19, 2010, 06:35:06 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
If you can tell me the error it would help (I can't reproduce myself).

And several =D
"Error: You are trying to make an unrecognized move.

(Code: JSTRIG-001)"
Old August 19, 2010, 06:45:19 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
"Error: You are trying to make an unrecognized move.

(Code: JSTRIG-001)"
Which move were you trying to use when that happened?

Last edited by FreezeWarp; August 19, 2010 at 06:47:22 AM.
Old August 19, 2010, 07:08:42 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Which move were you trying to use when that happened?
It happened with every move.

Oh, and no matter what my active Pokemon is, my Staryu is always in the battle with wild Pokemon.
Old August 19, 2010, 07:44:15 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
It happened with every move.

Oh, and no matter what my active Pokemon is, my Staryu is always in the battle with wild Pokemon.
Alright, I can confirm that it happens with IE7. I personally recommend upgrading to IE8, as I know that will work.
Old August 19, 2010, 07:51:18 AM
Giratina

I noticed a minor bug with JAD's Groudon:

Last edited by Ningamer; August 19, 2010 at 07:51:44 AM.
Old August 19, 2010, 01:21:07 PM
Celebi

Kyogre doesn't appear behind me in the "following picture". I have Zorua shiny. However, it is the same colouration as the normal one. Could you please just change the Zorua's colours to look a tad yellow? I think that would be a good shiny. Also, Groudon and Deoxys have appeared randomly in my PC box. I don't put glitch pokemon in my team, but could you please solve this "randomly appear" glitch???

Last edited by RotomGuy; August 20, 2010 at 12:34:30 AM.
Old August 21, 2010, 06:24:21 AM
Regigigas

I don't know if this is a bug, but why have my Larvitar, Gible, and Metang not evolved? o_O
Old August 21, 2010, 06:33:32 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
I don't know if this is a bug, but why have my Larvitar, Gible, and Metang not evolved? o_O
Its not a bug. You have to click on thier options in the PC and click "evolve"
Old August 21, 2010, 09:20:45 AM
Celebi

My problem is I cant log on to it, it wont let me.
Old August 21, 2010, 11:31:18 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
My problem is I cant log on to it, it wont let me.
Your login is the same as your Victory Road login. Were you trying to use your Floazel Adopts login? Also, if Victory Road is down then it won't log you in, even if VictoryBattles is working.
Old August 22, 2010, 09:40:15 AM
Kyurem

Some Shinies still show up normally on the Floatzel lookalike.

Old August 23, 2010, 04:26:07 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I noticed a minor bug with JAD's Groudon:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
Kyogre doesn't appear behind me in the "following picture". I have Zorua shiny. However, it is the same colouration as the normal one. Could you please just change the Zorua's colours to look a tad yellow? I think that would be a good shiny. Also, Groudon and Deoxys have appeared randomly in my PC box. I don't put glitch pokemon in my team, but could you please solve this "randomly appear" glitch???
Quote:
Edit: Adoption fixed. I'm a little ashamed that happened, honestly.
So, yes, the "randomly appear" glitch has been fixed. You are free to release those you don't want, or put them up for trade.

As for the large legendaries, that should be fixed with RC1. The shiny Zorua won't be fixed until an official sprite is released.
Old August 25, 2010, 04:32:41 AM
Celebi

http://www.iaza.com/work/100826C/Zor...57751-iaza.gif I beleive this is the solutio to our shiny problem. These aren't official, but they can do the job until the real ones are realeased.
Old August 28, 2010, 08:33:14 PM
Kyurem

im stuck in the S.S. Ann passage way and everytime i click to go in to the boat it takes be back to Mt.Moon and then when i battle or something, after im done with what i was doing it will bring me back to the S.S Ann passage way.

Last edited by kakashidragon; August 28, 2010 at 08:34:10 PM.
Old September 1, 2010, 02:47:38 PM
Magikarp

It won't let me withdraw. what do i do?
Old September 2, 2010, 10:53:45 AM
Celebi

I'm not sure if this has been reported and not fixed... But I found a typo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VB_Error.PNG
Views:	410
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1020  
Old September 3, 2010, 01:41:13 PM
Kyurem

Yes, I have a shiny Smoochum, and I can give it any sprite except for the Pokemon Emerald sprite, which is troublesome. Also, when I try to give a Pokemon a Yellow Sprite, it gives me a really small back-sprite. Check out the Hypno in my signature to see what I mean. I expected it to be something like the Kanto starters in Magmaster12's signature.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; September 3, 2010 at 01:42:11 PM.
Old September 3, 2010, 02:16:02 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazamaster View Post
Also, when I try to give a Pokemon a Yellow Sprite, it gives me a really small back-sprite. Check out the Hypno in my signature to see what I mean. I expected it to be something like the Kanto starters in Magmaster12's signature.
I can answer this!
Because of the lack of shiny sprites in Yellow, Freeze decided to use the back-sprites for shinies. A normal-colored Pokémon should appear in it's normal form. An example:
is a shiny Nidorina with the "Yellow" sprite.
is an ordinary Nidorina with the "Yellow" sprite.
Old September 3, 2010, 02:27:45 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
I can answer this!
Because of the lack of shiny sprites in Yellow, Freeze decided to use the back-sprites for shinies. A normal-colored Pokémon should appear in it's normal form. An example:
Hmm alright thanks. Am I the only one who feels this should be perhaps changed? Since it is of my opinion that is a large down-grade...
Old September 3, 2010, 02:28:55 PM
Charizard

I agree; It needs to be redone for size just a little bit.
Old September 3, 2010, 02:34:34 PM
Giratina

In-game they're twice as big, so I think they should be twice as big on VictoryBattles. Right now it's hard to see what it is right away.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:40:33 PM
Celebi

yeah, that looks like a Nidoran F, not a nidorina
Old September 5, 2010, 01:25:18 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
http://www.iaza.com/work/100826C/Zor...57751-iaza.gif I beleive this is the solutio to our shiny problem. These aren't official, but they can do the job until the real ones are realeased.
Hm... Yeah, I'll add that briefly for RC1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
im stuck in the S.S. Ann passage way and everytime i click to go in to the boat it takes be back to Mt.Moon and then when i battle or something, after im done with what i was doing it will bring me back to the S.S Ann passage way.
I have experienced this a couple times at both Mt. Moon and the S.S. Anne. It'll be fixed in RC1, and can be fixed if you just move around enough before going to another page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevo View Post
It won't let me withdraw. what do i do?
Can you explain at all? You may to click "Toggle Pokémon x-y".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
Hm... Haven't noticed that; *marks for RC1*

Quote:
Yes, I have a shiny Smoochum, and I can give it any sprite except for the Pokemon Emerald sprite, which is troublesome. Also, when I try to give a Pokemon a Yellow Sprite, it gives me a really small back-sprite. Check out the Hypno in my signature to see what I mean. I expected it to be something like the Kanto starters in Magmaster12's signature.
Some sprites that shouldn't be are missing for sure; I'll be fixing all of these in RC1 (certain specials still might have issues).

Quote:
I can answer this!
...How did I not notice that mistake.

What I Intended: Shiny Yellow sprites appear as if they were on the Gameboy Color version, where as non-shiny ones appear as if they were on the normal Gameboy (black and white).

How I messed up: I don't really know, but I uploaded directories wrongly. Yellow backsprites are actually the Emerald equivalents, and the shiny frontsprite is the backsprite. The non-shiny frontsprite is the proper Black/White one.

Quote:
Hmm alright thanks. Am I the only one who feels this should be perhaps changed? Since it is of my opinion that is a large down-grade...
I personally don't intend on resizing the sprites due to possible issues (the first three gens were all smaller than those after), but if anyone wants to get a list of signatures I will for RC1. The actual images will be fixed by changing the directories sometime this week, but I won't clear the cache: you'll need to go to the embed page or click it to get the new image.
Old September 8, 2010, 11:47:16 AM
Kyurem

I had a Hoppip in my party that I traded away, but even after I withdraw another Pokemon to send into battle Hoppip shows up, and I can't do anything since it was traded away. It shows the Pokemon I take out of my PC on the main menu, but when I go into a battle Hoppip is the Pokemon that shows up.
Old September 14, 2010, 11:04:48 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Did this get fixed? Or will we still have to "widthdraw" Pokemon?

Also, is it me, or is Zorua un-withdrawable?
Old September 14, 2010, 11:50:14 AM
Giratina

The typo's still there.

And yes, Zorua is un-withdrawable. Along with Yoshi, Bad Egg, Zoroark and (I'm assuming) Missingno..
Old September 14, 2010, 11:59:46 AM
Celebi

Quote:
And yes, Zorua is un-withdrawable. Along with Yoshi, Bad Egg, Zoroark and (I'm assuming) Missingno..
BUMMER! Maybe when their back sprites come out, we can use them in battle. (And whaaaat!? An egg can't battle! xD)
Old September 17, 2010, 04:33:08 PM
Kyurem

Yeah, all Gen 5 Pokémon should be available once full sprite sets are available, as well as stat dumps. I'm assuming this shouldn't take too long from Smogon, where most of the data originates.
Old September 25, 2010, 11:12:57 PM
Kyurem

A recently reported glitch on Zorua and Zoroark appearing broken has been fixed to some extent: however, due to certain limitations or maybe just laziness, they won't center properly. Likewise, imported Floatzel Zekrom and Reshirak will appear offcenter and too large.

Both of these issues are already fixed in RC1, though.
Old September 26, 2010, 03:52:33 PM
Floatzel

When I click the "toggle pokemon" button it only shifts slightly so I can't withdraw them. T_T But only on the Wii.

Last edited by legendaryseeker99; September 28, 2010 at 06:20:22 PM.
Old September 29, 2010, 07:28:27 PM
Celebi

:O!!! My Zorua disappeared! (See Sig)

Last edited by Jason_Henge; September 29, 2010 at 07:28:45 PM.
Old September 29, 2010, 09:08:06 PM
Celebi

Some migrated zoruas will disappear. Freeze is fixing.
Old September 30, 2010, 07:46:58 AM
Celebi

Where are they migrating to? -shot- I didn't know I had to migrate.
Old September 30, 2010, 01:22:14 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryseeker99 View Post
When I click the "toggle pokemon" button it only shifts slightly so I can't withdraw them. T_T But only on the Wii.
Quote:
:O!!! My Zorua disappeared! (See Sig)
This actually shouldn't be happening, but this is the fix:

1. Go to your PC in RC1.
2. Choose "Change Icon"
3. Set it to Black/White

Quote:
Where are they migrating to? -shot- I didn't know I had to migrate.
You don't - its a seperate issue.
Old September 30, 2010, 03:04:08 PM
Shaymin

Freeze, my Eevee won't evolve into an Espeon, RC1 says Umbreon or nothing. Any clue on how to fix that?
Old October 1, 2010, 12:43:10 PM
Volcarona

Hey, I've got an Eeveloution problem, too. Randomly last night, I clicked "Evolve" on one of my Eevees, and it evolved into Flareon. No stone or anythin'. What's going on?
Old October 1, 2010, 01:19:51 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
Freeze, my Eevee won't evolve into an Espeon, RC1 says Umbreon or nothing. Any clue on how to fix that?
Fixed it two nights ago, but I forgot to post :embarrased:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tropius of Tropius View Post
Hey, I've got an Eeveloution problem, too. Randomly last night, I clicked "Evolve" on one of my Eevees, and it evolved into Flareon. No stone or anythin'. What's going on?
Its possible there was some leftover stuff in the database that gave you a firestone. Evolution is more than a little glitchy in Beta 3, so I do recommend most people avoid it except in RC1.
Old October 22, 2010, 10:11:15 AM
Zoroark

Not sure if this is reportable as a bug or not, but I'm noticing that since everything was migrated, any adoptables I had under the old system neither have genders, nor show up under the Pokedex.

There any explanation for this...?
Old October 22, 2010, 12:34:16 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero View Post
Not sure if this is reportable as a bug or not, but I'm noticing that since everything was migrated, any adoptables I had under the old system neither have genders, nor show up under the Pokedex.

There any explanation for this...?
Those should be fixed upon RC1's released. They are complicated to do, so I've been waiting until the very end.
Old October 23, 2010, 05:26:40 AM
Celebi

I am at Pewter city and it won't let me go right. >.< I think that is the way to the stone shop. Plus Freeze, will that be the shop that sells Upgrades and Dubious Disks?

Plus, where is Rename in the scroll menu?

Last edited by RotomGuy; October 23, 2010 at 05:40:43 AM.
Old October 23, 2010, 07:35:11 AM
Haxorus

I am going to report the most obvious glitch. Well its not really a glitch, but it should be fixed.
Converting the systems images to get from 80x80 to 96x96. The green light for all the B/W sprites and the current ones like Zekrom and Reshiram. Maybe you can make D/P and older game sprites to stay at 80x80, and choosing to change the icons to the B/W version will give the overall HTML image more space for the actual sprite.

The current solution of resizing the B/W images, doesn't look that professional to me.
Moving the level count higher and the Pokemon's name lower a few pixels can't be that hard.

Current    
Cropped:

Resized:

Last edited by Dilster3000; October 23, 2010 at 09:37:44 AM.
Old October 23, 2010, 09:51:24 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I am at Pewter city and it won't let me go right. >.< I think that is the way to the stone shop. Plus Freeze, will that be the shop that sells Upgrades and Dubious Disks?

Plus, where is Rename in the scroll menu?
1) Can you explain at all? What does it say or do when you try to? I've tried and it works fine for me.
2) ...Stone shop? (The evolution stones are in the Celadon Megamart in RC1. The trade items will be obtained in the game corner.)
3) In RC1 rename has been moved to the name rater in Lavender town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
I am going to report the most obvious glitch. Well its not really a glitch, but it should be fixed.
Converting the systems images to get from 80x80 to 96x96. The green light for all the B/W sprites and the current ones like Zekrom and Reshiram. Maybe you can make D/P and older game sprites to stay at 80x80, and choosing to change the icons to the B/W version will give the overall HTML image more space for the actual sprite.

The current solution of resizing the B/W images, doesn't look that professional to me.
Moving the level count higher and the Pokemon's name lower a few pixels can't be that hard.

Current    
Cropped:

Resized:
Possible though it is there are greater ramifications of doing so. The most obvious is signature inconsistencies which people might mind. The crop is obviously not the preferred method, but its what you get in B3 (B3 was out long before I added B/W sprites - RC1 fixes the issue), but the resize doesn't really look that bad IMO.
Old October 23, 2010, 09:56:19 AM
Celebi

Yay! You used my Coco and Kyogre! Ahem...

1. The green thing to click isn't there. I click there anyway, nothin happens.
2. Does that mean I can evolve Porygon?
3. Dang. Another Pewter Problem!
Old October 23, 2010, 02:36:04 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Yay! You used my Coco and Kyogre! Ahem...

1. The green thing to click isn't there. I click there anyway, nothin happens.
2. Does that mean I can evolve Porygon?
3. Dang. Another Pewter Problem!
1) Hm... What browser are you using? If you don't know tell me what you get at http://www.crystal-islands.com/browser.php. I'll need to look at a few more factors as well (its possible I hacked in a bad attribute).
2) Soon, just not yet (I'm almost done with all the projects I needed to complete before working on VB again; the last left is the Pokédex).
3) xD
Old October 23, 2010, 02:56:33 PM
Giratina

@Rotom, are you sure you've scrolled all the way to the right of Pewter? Look just under the map, there'll be horizontal scroll bar (It doesn't matter how wide your screen is, it'll always be there). Scroll that to the right, and the green box should be there.
Old October 23, 2010, 03:19:18 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
@Rotom, are you sure you've scrolled all the way to the right of Pewter? Look just under the map, there'll be horizontal scroll bar (It doesn't matter how wide your screen is, it'll always be there). Scroll that to the right, and the green box should be there.
...Shoulda thought of that. This is how it displays for me, fyi:

Name:	snapshot3.png
Views:	400
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1256

I would need to scroll right to move into the next area.
Old October 24, 2010, 04:41:43 AM
Celebi

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.
I have a Sceptile, hm? then how come Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile aren't appearing in the pokedex!!!

Plus, Pewter is fixed now, but i'm at Route 6 and I CANT GO UP. I click the door and nothing happens.
Old October 24, 2010, 06:52:33 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Plus, Pewter is fixed now, but i'm at Route 6 and I CANT GO UP. I click the door and nothing happens.

You can't access Saffron yet. If you want to get to Celadon, you've gotta go all the way around (Cerulean > Route 9 > Rock Tunnel > Lavender > Route 8 > Kanto Underground Passage > Celadon).
Old October 24, 2010, 08:05:02 AM
Celebi

Can't access Route 9. And this time, I have scrolled all the way.
Old October 24, 2010, 11:30:01 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Can't access Route 9. And this time, I have scrolled all the way.
Alright, here's my screencap:

Name:	snapshot4.png
Views:	423
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	1258

For me it does work fine.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; October 24, 2010 at 11:39:44 AM.
Old October 24, 2010, 08:52:56 PM
Celebi

Nope. Green clicky thing isn't there.
Old October 24, 2010, 08:57:21 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Nope. Green clicky thing isn't there.
...Oh yeah, I'm working to fix that in RC1, but uh... basically you still need Cut

(Go to the S.S. Anne )
Old November 13, 2010, 01:39:46 AM
Celebi

My zorua. Yup. All shiny and good. Lvl 30 right? THEN WHY CANT IT EVOLVE.
Old November 13, 2010, 01:44:38 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
My zorua. Yup. All shiny and good. Lvl 30 right? THEN WHY CANT IT EVOLVE.
Fixed.
Old November 15, 2010, 06:34:41 AM
Zoroark

Several things I haven't had the time to login and report on:

I came across a Porygon last week through the adopts page at Lv.1, and took it thinking I might not see one again. At least a dozen clicks later, it's still at Lv.1, and the experience bar doesn't move an inch.

From the embed page, it's listing 13 clicks under the old display.

Additionally:
When the adoptables under the old system were being imported into the new one, I noticed that none of the imported adopts had any gender. Even ones that are supposed to have gender.

The Slugma I had imported. No gender listed.

A Slugma I managed to find on the adopts page to post for comparison. There any way to fix this by manually assigning a gender for the imports, or is it unfixable? Also going to note that the imported adopts do not show up on the Pokedex, which was most likely mentioned in earlier posts.

Lastly (more a question, but may uncover a glitch):
For Pokemon that require a high level of Friendship to evolve, what's the minimum level for the requirement to be met? I'm assuming it would be at least a triple-digit number, but is it as low as 100? If so, then is there a reason the sprite for at least one of my adopts hasn't been updated?

The names say Lucario and Weavile when the sprites show Riolu and Sneasel, respectively.
EDIT: The Sneasel one I can use for a different question, I think. What happens when we have adopts that need an Evolution Stone to evolve? Is there any way yet to obtain Stones through game-play, or is that among the list of things in the works?

Feedback appreciated.
~Kero

EDIT#2: Looked back a page and realized I had reported at least one or two of these already. For curiousity's sake, any update on those?
And, follow up regarding the Sneasel: Purchasing stones, if possible or planned, wouldn't happen until Celadon is available at least?
Or am I just off-tangent today...? Oh well.

Last edited by Kero; November 15, 2010 at 08:20:28 AM.
Old November 15, 2010, 02:47:12 PM
Kyurem

Well, you use good grammar so how can I complain?

Quote:
I came across a Porygon last week through the adopts page at Lv.1, and took it thinking I might not see one again. At least a dozen clicks later, it's still at Lv.1, and the experience bar doesn't move an inch.

From the embed page, it's listing 13 clicks under the old display.

I noticed this but have thus far failed to really do anything about it. That said, I will fix it ASAP (...probably tonight, but I have been procrastinating a lot as of late...)

Quote:
Additionally:
When the adoptables under the old system were being imported into the new one, I noticed that none of the imported adopts had any gender. Even ones that are supposed to have gender.

The Slugma I had imported. No gender listed.

A Slugma I managed to find on the adopts page to post for comparison. There any way to fix this by manually assigning a gender for the imports, or is it unfixable? Also going to note that the imported adopts do not show up on the Pokedex, which was most likely mentioned in earlier posts.

@Genders - Will be fixed soon, but wasn't really a high priority for me thus far.

@Pokédex - Its really hard to explain this one because I'm changing how the Pokédex works outright in the next beta anyway. That said, it should sorta fix itself.

Quote:
Lastly (more a question, but may uncover a glitch):
For Pokemon that require a high level of Friendship to evolve, what's the minimum level for the requirement to be met? I'm assuming it would be at least a triple-digit number, but is it as low as 100? If so, then is there a reason the sprite for at least one of my adopts hasn't been updated?

The names say Lucario and Weavile when the sprites show Riolu and Sneasel, respectively.

I believe 220 happiness. Even at Level 100 Pokémon will still gain happiness by being clicked, and most will reach 220 long before anyway.

Quote:
EDIT: The Sneasel one I can use for a different question, I think. What happens when we have adopts that need an Evolution Stone to evolve? Is there any way yet to obtain Stones through game-play, or is that among the list of things in the works?

The basic ones are already sorta programmed in the fourth beta (in the Celadon megamart). Well, they might be; I sorta forget if I did them or not or whatever is going on. The others... not yet sure.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; November 15, 2010 at 02:47:50 PM.
Old November 15, 2010, 03:01:33 PM
Shaymin

Uh...Just me or are renamings going really slow today?
Old November 15, 2010, 03:26:21 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD View Post
Uh...Just me or are renamings going really slow today?
Probably the whole server, I dunno.

(I wanna move some off of VR's server and onto VB's server when B4 is released, but I really can't until then.)

Last edited by FreezeWarp; November 15, 2010 at 03:27:14 PM.
Old November 26, 2010, 04:42:12 PM
Kyurem

Two glitches in B4 I must remind myself of:

1. The ad is displaced with the old menus.
2. The old menus are improperly coloured in the new default style.
Old November 27, 2010, 05:19:44 AM
Regigigas

Just started playing it this morning. Adopted a shinx [yeah yeah I know JAD] and started training it on Route 1.

During a battle I got this message:

Error: The process was unable to start. Please contact FreezeWarp via email (rehtaew@gmail.com) or the Forums.

(Code: JSTRIG-006)

Happened when I clicked on "Swift"
Old November 27, 2010, 06:21:19 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Just started playing it this morning. Adopted a shinx [yeah yeah I know JAD] and started training it on Route 1.

During a battle I got this message:

Error: The process was unable to start. Please contact FreezeWarp via email (rehtaew@gmail.com) or the Forums.

(Code: JSTRIG-006)

Happened when I clicked on "Swift"
This is /usually/ a temporary problem that will go away in a minute or so. Usually I just recommend trying to attack again.

As for other issues:
  • Genders have been updated though some may have changed in the process... whoops. (Contact me or post here if you need it changed back).
  • The first six evolution stones can now be obtained in the Celadon Megamart floor 2. Remember you must be using the developer snapshot for this to work.
  • @Kero - I did manually raise the happiness of Riolu since it sorta seemed fair.

Finally, you can still follow VB via twitter for updates pretty much as soon as they happen.
Old November 29, 2010, 12:55:30 AM
Administrator

Here's a really minor one. Version: RC1.

When on a user profile and choosing a category on the Show menu, if you refine to an option that has no results (like choosing Favorite Pokémon when a user doesn't have any favorites), it still shows the message "Click a Page to Show Pokémon Here" regardless. The same happens but with empty squares above if a user doesn't own any Pokémon. Might want some kind of thing like this:
Code:
if ($numResults > 0)
    echo "Click a page to show Pokémon here.";
else if ($numPokemonOwned > 0)
    echo "There are no Pokémon that fit your specifications.";
else
    echo "This user doesn't own any Pokémon.";
Also, Pokédex counts seem to be incorrect. Everyone has at least 1 even though none are highlighted in the Pokédex.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 29, 2010 at 01:01:06 AM.
Old November 29, 2010, 12:58:31 AM
Kyurem

Also for my personal notes: a bug in the dev which occurs when a user is logged in on the forum and tries to login to VB. (MySQL error.) (Can be safely ignored.)

Triage: Medium Priority
Old November 29, 2010, 11:28:13 AM
Rayquaza

My Charizard now belongs to Hotblast.