Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 17, 2010, 10:51:52 PM
Administrator

Default 100,000 Posts

100,000. I am honestly stunned right now. A total of one hundred thousand posts seems like an impossible number for many folks who are new to forum webmastering. Alas, it has been quite a long adventure. I can still remember way back when, when every thousand posts was a huge milestone. Heck, I can still remember when Victory Road was a tiny forum named Buizel.Net Forum with two dozen members and a few “active” topics receiving a post or two a day. Looking back, I’m shocked. I thought this place would just be a tiny little site where a few friends of mine would hang out and swap stories. Haha, I remember when I could keep up with every single post and do all the moderation myself. Nowadays, that would be impossible. Victory Road surely is a lot more than I expected.

I also must thank every one of you members for your posting, gossiping, arguing, debating, discussing, spamming, and trolling. The sum of all of that truly makes a community in my eyes. Synergy is why I am proud of everyone: a team effort created a place where people can meet for a little fun and entertainment. All of the two thousand members here have made up the wonderful world I can call my second home, as well as many others who have personally told me that. I hope they will continue to keep this place their home for many years to come. I truly feel honored to be the leader of this website. Thank you very much for all of your hard work, dedication, friendship, and love you have contributed.

Speaking of love and friendship, that brings me to my next point. I love you all; I really do. Obviously, I don’t love you like a spouse or something, but as friends. Some of you I would enjoy meeting in real life. Some of you I have met in real life. Others, well, *chuckles* maybe we can just be acquaintances online. Nevertheless, everyone here has earned a place in my heart. Thanks for being good friends!

In conclusion (or TL;DR): thank you very much for your time, your friendship, your dedication, your voice, your…everything. I love you all like family.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; September 17, 2010 at 10:58:39 PM.
Old September 17, 2010, 10:54:15 PM

Awww~ so heart-warming. Congratulations Cat and Victory Road!
Old September 17, 2010, 10:58:31 PM
Regigigas

I'm extremely happy for you, Cat. Thanks for all of your efforts, and thanks to everyone here for contributing to this community in all of your myriad ways. This place is definitely my second home, and I want it to remain that for decades to come.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
Keldeo

A milestone in the forum has passed next milestone is either 200,000; 250,000; or 500,000
Old September 17, 2010, 11:49:47 PM
Shaymin

Wow, such a great milestone.
I'm glad we achieved it...this place really is a second home to me...so many things have happened here...it's crazy. I'd hate to have life without VR, I must say. ^^

Here's to 200,000 and even more!
Old September 18, 2010, 12:00:49 AM
Celebi

Aww... thanks! I can't beleive victory road got this far! I wasn't on the site at Buizel.net times but the way you explain it I just cannot beleive we actully have reached 100,000 posts! SO let's keep going! FOR VICTORY ROAD!
Old September 18, 2010, 01:13:53 AM
Giratina

That was a very deep and sincere speech, Cat. Victory Road couldn't have reached this milestone without your dedication and effort into it. Of course, the various contributions of the members are no less in importance, and together as one community, we will surely reach greater heights in the future

Last edited by Shadow; September 18, 2010 at 01:16:13 AM.
Old September 18, 2010, 02:46:49 AM
Rayquaza

We all love you as well Cat! xD
I am serious though, you are my favorite webmaster. I have seen people who create sites and just ignore it, making it dead, but you aren't. I should say that your forums is just the best to attract people, and... Congratulations! ^_^
Old September 18, 2010, 04:38:19 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
I also must thank every one of you members for your posting, gossiping, arguing, debating, discussing, spamming, and trolling.

Speaking of love and friendship, that brings me to my next point. I love you all; I really do. Obviously, I don’t love you like a spouse or something, but as friends. Some of you I would enjoy meeting in real life. Some of you I have met in real life. Others, well, *chuckles* maybe we can just be acquaintances online. Nevertheless, everyone here has earned a place in my heart. Thanks for being good friends!
Spamming is what I'm here to do! No problem! o3o

And Kitteh, I <3 you too, and everyone else here at VR. I'd honestly want to meet you all in real life too - Maybe after I get into college? I'd honestly drive for long hours across parts of the US just to meet you.. and heck, I've always wanted to go to Canada, so why not visit some of you Canadian VR members if I go there some day? It would really be cool to do so.

And honestly, I don't plan on leaving VR anytime soon. Even if I stop playing Pokemon I'll still be here because of the community..... Not to mention I need to stay around for the 1 million post speech. That'll be epic.

Congrats on 6 figures.

Last edited by SK; September 18, 2010 at 04:40:55 AM.
Old September 18, 2010, 04:50:27 AM
Volcarona

100,000! Now to 100,000 more and beyond!
Old September 18, 2010, 06:53:53 AM
Administrator

Holy freaken Arceus, never thought I would see this day. As with Cat I also remember the days when there were only a few topics and it was easy to see every little thing possible. The little baby Buizel has sure grown up!

And with Cat I would also like to thank all of our members for making this a special place! I'm not going to be able to topple Cat's speech so I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited by Yoshi648; September 18, 2010 at 06:54:19 AM.
Old September 18, 2010, 07:03:19 AM
Volcarona

I'm so proud to be staff on this site. I'm even more proud to be a member here on this wonderful Pokemon site. The day I found this place opened up a whole new world of friends and I will stick with this place every step of the way. Cat, you have to be one of my best online friends I ever had. You have every key aspect an awesome Site/Forum Leader should have. I'm extremely happy on how we earned our 100,000 post. This site and forum are one of my favorite places to be online. I'm so proud of every single person on this site that got us to where we are today. Floatzel and Victory Road FOREVER!

P.S. I look forward to that 1,000,000 post.

Last edited by James; September 18, 2010 at 07:03:46 AM.
Old September 18, 2010, 11:11:45 AM
Administrator

I'm honestly crying right now at all of your kind words.
Old September 18, 2010, 12:08:10 PM
Floatzel

This site is just plain awesome. Its the only one I've stayed with for so long, and its all thanks to Cat. For making this great website, Cat is officially awesomer (is that even a word?) than Lite. XD
Old September 18, 2010, 12:55:30 PM
Kyurem

I joined while the forum was pretty active, I don't really have much to say here. Although when I saw the announcement on Floatzel's front page back in 2008 saying that the forum had been moved to VR... didn't seem that long ago. The forum seems to be growing quite fast, and if I'm right... No, never mind, we aren't catching up to Bulbagarden. Sorry about that. But even then, 100,000 posts in four years is excellent!

Also, congratulations to GuildmasterWigglytuff for grabbing the 100,000th post without realizing it!

Last edited by NismoZ; September 18, 2010 at 01:01:04 PM.
Old September 18, 2010, 01:14:43 PM
Shaymin

Yay! 100,000 posts! I can't believe it's gone so far... I've met so many kind people here and would like to meet you guys in real life!
Also, love you too Cat, like a brother.
Old September 18, 2010, 01:26:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
But even then, 100,000 posts in four years is excellent!
The forum was shut down from 2006 to mid-2008 and there were only like four posts before then, so it's really only two years old.
Old September 18, 2010, 02:37:05 PM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post

I also must thank every one of you members for your posting, gossiping, arguing, debating, discussing, spamming, and trolling. The sum of all of that truly makes a community in my eyes. Synergy is why I am proud of everyone: a team effort created a place where people can meet for a little fun and entertainment. All of the two thousand members here have made up the wonderful world I can call my second home, as well as many others who have personally told me that. I hope they will continue to keep this place their home for many years to come. I truly feel honored to be the leader of this website.

In conclusion (or TL;DR): thank you very much for your time, your friendship, your dedication, your voice, your…everything. I love you all like family.
Cat, you're awesome. No doubt. I love you too. <3 I was never expecting this day to come, until today. I think of this as a second home, and a very nice home. :3 I want this to be my second home from here to eternity. I love this place to pieces, and soon, no doubt we will hit 250,000 posts. I believe we will. ^_^

Last edited by BlackRayquaza; September 18, 2010 at 02:38:28 PM.
Old September 18, 2010, 02:53:16 PM
Regigigas

Wow. This place is growing fast. But I'm really new here, so I don't remember it as being a small forum or anything...

Of all the forums I've ever been to, this is my favorite by far. There's a different feel to this one than the others. It feels a lot more like a tightly-knit family, and I feel honored to be a part of it. Everywhere else, I've considered myself and outcast, and didn't make as many posts, or as many friends, as I did in the short month-and-a-half I've been here. This place is just... amazing.

I love Victory Road, and all 2000 of its members! Thank you all for making VR such a great experience!

Live long and prosper, Victory Road!!
Old September 18, 2010, 02:55:34 PM
Shaymin

Despite how I still feel as one of the new members, I feel as If this is my second getaway. If at any point I need help or just someone to talk to.

Thank you Everyone~!
Old September 18, 2010, 03:13:17 PM
Giratina

Oh man, this is awesome. We're a big-boys forum now! I remember way back in September (Just over a year ago) when Luxray and I were spammy n00bs, and there was an announcement for every 100 members... Good times.

I love these forums. I'm on here almost every day. And do you know why? Not only 'cause I'm a Pokémon fanatic, but also because we have such a kickass community! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE (with a couple of exceptions...) here is awesome! Thanks a lot, guys. Thanks.
Old September 18, 2010, 05:14:24 PM
Zoroark

I wonder who made the 100000th post.
Old September 18, 2010, 05:20:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuildmasterWigglytuff View Post
I wonder who made the 100000th post.

*goes back to first page*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Also, congratulations to GuildmasterWigglytuff for grabbing the 100,000th post without realizing it!
Old September 18, 2010, 05:28:33 PM
Zoroark

OOPS! By the way, congratulations Cat! It's all thanks to you, that this site even exists.

Last edited by GuildmasterWigglytuff; September 18, 2010 at 05:42:32 PM.
Old September 18, 2010, 06:44:40 PM
Haxorus

Congratulations everyone! and congratulations Cat333Pokemon! Thanks for being a good friend and hosting me as well as encouraging me. Thank you all!
Old September 18, 2010, 06:52:09 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
Yay! 100,000 posts! I can't believe it's gone so far... I've met so many kind people here and would like to meet you guys in real life!
Also, love you too Cat, like a brother.
Lux!! One of the things is on my bucket list is to go to Canada All of you Canadian VR members gotta meet me somewhere when I go.. o3o

Maybe we need a thread on real-life-meetings-with-VR-members xD

Last edited by SK; September 18, 2010 at 06:52:36 PM.
Old September 18, 2010, 08:32:20 PM
Charizard

Thank you Cat for this site and its chat. Without it, I would have been cruising through Serebiiforums looking for a friend that would have left me in a week (so disappointing!). I actually have great friends online now because of all the work you put into this site , I haven't thought of such a wonderful place possible! Why, I've told you that, in our brotherly ways, I love you, and I've told others the same. So nice a place is this.

And you're so nice, Cat, people like you in the world come by rarely, and I have to say that I enjoy your company on the chat.
Old September 18, 2010, 08:43:03 PM
Regigigas

Wow....*tear* you might think this as weird but I honestly think of all of you as family and a awesome one at that,but VR in general is great from all the random spamming to the real DRAMATIC conversations....

Honestly I Love you guys. May we go on to 100,000,0
Old September 23, 2010, 01:45:51 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK View Post
Lux!! One of the things is on my bucket list is to go to Canada All of you Canadian VR members gotta meet me somewhere when I go.. o3o

Maybe we need a thread on real-life-meetings-with-VR-members xD
Eeeeee go to Ontario! Anyways, congerats on VR~! This is basically where I learned to bbcode, etc and now its got 4x my user number of members!
Old September 23, 2010, 02:21:56 PM
Volcarona

A really nice speech. I really glad I join the forum and I never knew it was first started as a small forum with a few friends Cat knew from real life. I enjoy posting this forum even though I don't talk much as much in real life. Congrats to all the members for making the 100,000 post!
Old October 21, 2010, 11:03:08 AM
Banned

Good job for getting 100,000 posts Cat I will stay on this website(This website is so awsome it's even awsomer then my very nice Grandma)Again Good Job For Getting To 100,000 posts.