Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old September 20, 2010, 08:57:12 AM
Administrator

Default We're still overloading!

This might be the weirdest sounding error, but KYA and I have traced the cause of the downtime to be related to the VPS that VR and Floatzel are on losing access to the Internet somehow. FreezeWarp's VPS still has access to the Victory Road one, such as sending and receiving commands and downloading files. However, beyond the server, nobody can connect to the VPS. We're still looking into the cause.

As it stands, the high traffic is quite insane: 8,000 unique visitors in a single day, which is almost unimaginable for some people. We would hate to lose the machine because of this, but we'd also hate to lose the visitors.
Old September 20, 2010, 09:12:28 AM
Celebi

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the unique visitor level?!

I-It's... It's over 8,000!!!

What?! 8,000!?

(lol) I'm sure whatever you do will be hard at first, but overall the best for the forums and site. You need to make some hard decisions, you know. Maybe this'll make you put down your game, silly boy, and focus on this problem some.
Old September 20, 2010, 09:14:56 AM
Giratina

8,000 visitors in a single day? That's unbelievable!
Anyways, I don't really understand the cause of this error (due to my mediocre knowledge in technical stuff), but I do hope this issue will be fixed soon.

(Also, I assume you received the message I sent you, since the forums were back to action in no time =P)

Last edited by Shadow; September 20, 2010 at 09:16:04 AM.
Old September 20, 2010, 09:25:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Henge View Post
(lol) I'm sure whatever you do will be hard at first, but overall the best for the forums and site. You need to make some hard decisions, you know. Maybe this'll make you put down your game, silly boy, and focus on this problem some.
Maybe it will, just maybe. I want to play my Pokémon Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
8,000 visitors in a single day? That's unbelievable!
Anyways, I don't really understand the cause of this error (due to my mediocre knowledge in technical stuff), but I do hope this issue will be fixed soon.

(Also, I assume you received the message I sent you, since the forums were back to action in no time =P)
I've asked HiVelocity's tech support to see if they would have any idea why this would happen so we don't spin around in circles trying to put the wrong key into the lock.

Yes, I did receive the message. Thank you!