Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 31, 2010, 11:21:50 AM
Rayquaza

Default Victory Road's Yearbook of 2010!

It is already 2011 here in Dubai, and other places in the East. In few hours it will be 2011 in the West, therefore, it is the time to launch Victory Road's first Yearbook!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On December 7, 2006, the community of Victory Road was launched to only contain few members. However, as time progressed through these previous four years, Victory Road grew up to become one of the most known Pokémon forums in the web. Right now, we have reached a total number of 3,786 members, and thus, it is my pleasure to introduce the first Victory Road Yearbook to you all. Its aim to remind you of what happened in the last year of 2010, which I hope was good to you all, and also to give recognition to certain members by rewarding them with titles based upon the public's votes.

To start things off, here's a full list of the achievements and happenings which took place throughout the year in Victory Road:

•The first thing that comes to our mind is the move that occurred to the whole Victory Road Community from PHPP to Vbulletin, which showed a better success, since more features were added; the ability to post visitor messages, make and join social groups, etc.
•Cat333Pokémon introduced The Daily E-mail Newsletter where members can subscribe and receive emails notifying them of what is happening in the whole community.
•FreezeWarp started working on Crystal Islands, a site dedicated to documenting various data of the different domains within the Pokémon kingdom, joined Floatzel.net to be the websites where news is syndicated to, from Victory Road. Recently, Crystal Islands received a new beta look. Now, data can be more easily accessed and is starting to be better catalogued as well.
•Our very own chat client, the Victory Road Chat was also introduced to be available to be downloaded. It recently had its Beta 9.5 (that's beta nine-point-five) release. As a whole, the VRC allows for anybody registered at the Victory Road forums (like yourself) to communicate with everybody else. You can do this in your browser directly on Victory Road or use the client to access different rooms for special purposes - like Role Playing and completely random chit-chat. In the near future Beta 10 will be released, which further capitalizes on all the previous gains of the client while being faster as a whole, supporting broad new features, and in time support for Linux and Mac OS X (in addition to the current Windows client).
•Another interesting feature was added to Victory Road, with the help of Shadow and Sunny, which marked a symbol in its history of battling, was the Victory Road Gym League. Many strong and skilled gym leaders opened their gyms with their own prizes. A lot of members decided to go on through the challenge and beat the whole league to enter the Hall of Fame, which currently has two champions.
•We also got, with thanks to FreezeWarp, our own Arcade Games that proved to be a successful method of keeping our members entertained! Multiple tournaments occurred across the games, and we got several champions as well!
•One of the other committees that show a very great success is our VictoryDex. It is a detailed Pokédex that features Pokémon data, sprites, moves, and more all in a simple interface. Currently, the first 493 Pokémon have extensive data on their level-up, TM, and tutor moves, their breeding groups and egg moves, their stats and EVs, in-game locations, and even their sprites from each game which they appeared. Plus, you can easily search for the Pokémon you want, even if you don't know how to spell their names. If that's not good enough for your needs, Generation 5 information is now available: data for the Pokémon, including listings of their level-up moves and TM moves, are available, along with data on the moves themselves.
•Again, FreezeWarp started working on VictoryBattles, an exciting new battling and adopting system where you can raise, train, trade, battle, and journey with any of the Pokémon of your choosing. It is still very new, and more features are being worked on constantly, but the best is already there to see. Enter the tall grass to fight and capture new monsters or go to the adoption center and rescue them instead. Trade them in the trade center or show them off in your forum signatures. How you train is completely up to you.
•Our Lead Admin, Cat333Pokémon, showed us one of his interesting ideas (as usual), which is The Floatzel Oekaki. Pokékaki, has just recently been launched where you can draw people, Pokémon and, if you're up for a challenge, works of art. Then again, you could also make doddles or be completely random.
•At last, we have got to mention that A’bom created a new layout revision that is quicker to load and a heck of a lot prettier - well, maybe that doesn't appeal to you, but we think it will. Sporting the red and black colors of Zoroark, the new layout combines all the necessary data in a simpler two-column layout on Floatzel, and is mimicked in Victory Road's first default style (ever). The layout can even be used on both the VictoryDex and VictoryBattles as well. Nevertheless, you can still use the default Vbulletin layout or the themes that were donated by FreezeWarp.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we are all reminded with what happened last year, it is the time to announce the awards that you all are waiting for. I want to make it clear that these awards are given upon the nominations of all the members and it is not the staff’s decision. So, let us start!

•The friendliest member in Victory Road, in the first position is Luxray13579 & Fubab_107 with a total number of points of 35! In the second position comes GrassPokemonFTW with 15 points while Cat333Pokemon lies with 14 points in the third position.
•The most active member in Victory Road, in the first position is OMGITSJAD with 52 points! With 15 points, Ningamer and Lucaria come in the second position, while in the third position are Fubab_107, JC, Magmaster12, RK_9 and Luxray13579 with a total number of 10 points.
•The most knowledgeable member in Victory Road is FreezeWarp with 40 points! In the second position comes Bela with 22 points, while .name//Technomancer is the third with 17 points.
•The most helpful member in Victory Road, is Cat333Pokemon who comes in the first position with 30 points in total. Shadow is the second with 25 points in total with FreezeWarp is the third with 20 points in total.
•The funniest member in Victory Road, is Jaredvcxz with 32 points. In the second position is piexing with 20 points while SK and randoguy101 are in the third position with 15 points.
•The best Pokémon battler, in the first position is Alakazamaster with 32 points. In the second position are Sunny and Blues with 17 points. And in the third position is The Spirit of Time with 15 points.
•The best Gym Leader in Victory Road is The Spirit of Time with 22 points. Blues comes in the second position with 20 points while Alakazamaster comes in the third position with 17 points.
•The best Super Smash Bros. Brawl player is Sunny with 25 points. Then comes Alakazamaster with 20 points and in the third position comes OMGITSJAD with 15 points.
•The best Mario Kart Wii player is Wominim with 30 points. In the second position are Flare Soru and Ultimazone with 10 points, while in the third position are Mandy1250 and Ditto616 with 5 points.
•The best writer of Victory Road is Armed_Floatzel with 30 points! In the second position comes Roxas with 20 points. There is no third position due to the numerous amount of members who were nominated for this position.
•The best traditional artist is GreenMan with 55 points. In the second position comes The Spirit of Time and Ningamer with 15 points.
•The best digital artist is PokeRemixStudio with 40 points. In the second position comes Aragornbird with 30 points. In the third position comes Jason_Henge with 12 points.
•The best spriter is Jason_Henge with 40 points. Blair_Willow is the second with 25 points while in the third position is ShinyCrobat42 with 19 points.
•The best signature belongs to GrassPokemonFTW with 25 points, while the second best signature belongs to .name//technomancer with 15 points. In the third position comes Mario227’s signature with 12 points.
•The best avatar belongs to randoguy101 and Luxray13579 with 20 points. In the second position is piexing with 15 points. There is no third position since the other nominated members all had the same amount of points and are like 10 or more.
•The biggest /b/uizel fanatic is piexing with 35 points. With 27 points comes emperorempoleon2 while in the third position comes Jaredvcxz with 22 points.
•The most missed member is LoPun with 20 points. In the second position comes LEAF with 12 points. There is no third position for the same reason as the best avatar.
•The biggest Pokémon fan is Cat333Pokemon with an outstanding number of 70 points! In the second position is Sunny with 15 points while with 10 points come GrassPokemonFTW, PokeRemixStudio and RotomGuy in the third position.

These were all the nominations. Congratulations to all those who got nominated and received these awards. For those who didn’t get nominated, all that I can say is to work hard this year in order to receive an award by next year. At last, a Happy New Year to all of you and May Victory Road live longer with more success!

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; January 8, 2011 at 09:04:36 PM. Reason: Fixin' for emp. :I
Old December 31, 2010, 11:24:18 AM
Rayquaza

I am sorry for the thread to be long, but I didn't want to use any spoilers so that all what I typed will appear in the floatzel website.

As a person who got nominated, I am happy with what I received, especially the Gym Leader spot.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:30:18 AM
Volcarona

I FREAKING KNEW IT
THE ONLY THING I GET
FFFF
Old December 31, 2010, 11:30:59 AM
Keldeo

Congradulations to all who have gotten first second or third.
I'm very happy to receive the best Traditional Artist spot
Old December 31, 2010, 11:31:57 AM
Keldeo

haha Congratulations you guys... I still miss Jason_Henge though.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:32:22 AM
Giratina

Just as a side question: where is the most knowledgeable member title?

Anyways, congratulations to all the members who won any of these titles! I'm REALLY glad people over here think I'm the second most helpful member on the forums after Cat. Thanks guys!

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
•Another interesting feature was added to Victory Road, with the help of Shadow and Sunny, which marked a symbol in its history of battling, was the Victory Road Gym League. Many strong and skilled gym leaders opened their gyms with their own prizes. A lot of members decided to go on through the challenge and beat the whole league to enter the Hall of Fame, which currently has two champions.
I'm glad the Gym League entered the yearbook as one of the forums' exciting features, and I promise I'll try my best to constantly improve it for all the members over here.

Last edited by Shadow; December 31, 2010 at 11:57:50 AM.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:36:04 AM
Regigigas

Oh well. Maybe something next year ^~^
Old December 31, 2010, 11:36:08 AM
Haxorus

cool activity award bro

But literally, I'm active 24/7. When I go sleep I leave VRC and a VR tab on
Old December 31, 2010, 11:37:31 AM
Volcarona

Congrats to all the users who have the title(s). I think the people did deserve to get the titles. Although there should be more variety of users getting awards. By the way, how many people participated?

Last edited by Kirby-Chan; December 31, 2010 at 11:42:26 AM.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:40:29 AM
Landorus

Meh, no awards, again...

But, I'll try again next year! I'll be the most... most something out here!

YOU'LL SEE!
Old December 31, 2010, 11:41:34 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK-9 View Post
Same here. I log on to Victory Road every single day and multiple times as well, but I don't know why I wasn't chosen. Anyways, you shouldn't bother yourself with these titles too much. After all, they're only for the year 2010, and so there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Last edited by Shadow; December 31, 2010 at 11:42:32 AM.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:44:42 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Meh, no awards, again...

YOU'LL SEE!
requesting "most unlikely to win an award" section for 2011
Old December 31, 2010, 11:46:15 AM
Celebi

Congrats to everyone! Maybe I will get something next year!

P.S. Spirit, you put there are only 2 Champions of the VRGL, you forgot me.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:52:34 AM
Kyurem

I so wish I got best spriter.

Congrats to the all who got in.
Old December 31, 2010, 11:59:24 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK-9 View Post
cool activity award bro

Same, especially on VRC. If I'm not on with my computer, I'm on with my phone.
Old December 31, 2010, 12:03:45 PM
Celebi

I got one title! THIRD IN BIGGEST POKEMON FAN THANK YOU ROTOM FOR MAKING ME SO POKEMON CRAZY!
Old December 31, 2010, 12:20:15 PM
Charizard

2nd place for most active member? Eh, not bad. At least I got something.

Last edited by Lucaria; January 1, 2011 at 05:54:39 PM.
Old December 31, 2010, 12:22:47 PM
Zoroark

Meh I joined near the end of this year so this year doesn't count. But I will be on the next yearbook somehow.
edit: congrats to anyone who got a title!

Last edited by snivy; January 1, 2011 at 08:49:45 AM.
Old December 31, 2010, 12:39:45 PM
Giratina

Ahw, tanks for teh funniez votes. o3o I try, I try. <3
Old December 31, 2010, 01:08:52 PM
Kyurem

YES! BEST SIGGY! ^o^

Second in nicest member! Thanks guys, I really appreciate you going out of your way to nominate me for nicest member. But Lux and Fubab are the ultimate nice, so congratulations to them!

Third in biggest Pokemon fan!? I wasn't actually expecting that. o_0

Congratulations to everyone who won an award! Let's have a happy new year and ride it all out together here on VR!
Old December 31, 2010, 01:11:38 PM
Volcarona

Congrats to everyone who won! I didn't get one, but then again I didn't really try, so....

...mabey next year!
Old December 31, 2010, 02:00:03 PM
Regigigas

I`ll be trying for that best Pokemon Battle, Brawler, and traditional artist next year

Anyway, congrats to everyone who got awards, and great job summarizing all the year's new developments, Spirit.
Old December 31, 2010, 02:28:15 PM
Volcarona

Hmm, I must win something by next year :O
Old December 31, 2010, 03:40:40 PM
Administrator

*sees I got nothing*
W00t I fail!

Congraturations to all of you who did win.
Old December 31, 2010, 03:57:34 PM
Shaymin

Mandy didn't win best Smash Bros. player.

I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; December 31, 2010 at 03:57:57 PM. Reason: then again I didn't nominate her did I.
Old December 31, 2010, 04:22:43 PM
Volcarona

I'm suprised Amir didn't get 2nd place on best SSBB player. (Jad as 3rd place? Nahhhhhhhhhh) (inb4ban) I'm surprised I didn't win most active award considering how active I am these days...
Old December 31, 2010, 04:54:51 PM
Giratina

Heh, thanks for voting me second-place in activity and traditional art! And congratulations to everyone who won something!

Last edited by Ningamer; December 31, 2010 at 04:55:03 PM.
Old December 31, 2010, 04:58:59 PM
Kyurem

Congrats to everyone who received a title thing.

And thanks to the people who voted for me as best spriter in 3rd place.

I never thought I was that good, hopefully this will motivate to keep on spriting.

Also, Happy New Year's to everyone wherever it's 2011!
It's only 6:00 PM over here, so I got 6 more hours to go, :3
Old December 31, 2010, 06:10:37 PM
Kyurem

Just wondering... did I get any points at all? And if yes, what did I get them for?
Old January 1, 2011, 12:22:54 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Just as a side question: where is the most knowledgeable member title?
Oh god! I forgot that! I am going to edit it right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby-Chan View Post
By the way, how many people participated?
I received 13 votes. I expected more, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idno58 View Post
Meh, no awards, again...

YOU'LL SEE!
You were nominated actually, but you didn't receive enough points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoguy101 View Post
requesting "most unlikely to win an award" section for 2011
That's a good one. I am adding it next year! xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
P.S. Spirit, you put there are only 2 Champions of the VRGL, you forgot me.
How is this related to the Yearbook? If you have anything related to VRGL, then contact Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyCrobat42 View Post
Congrats to everyone who received a title thing.

And thanks to the people who voted for me as best spriter in 3rd place.

I never thought I was that good, hopefully this will motivate to keep on spriting.
You were nominated and chosen by quite a lot of people actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Just wondering... did I get any points at all? And if yes, what did I get them for?
For the finniest member and /b/uizel fanatic. Again, you didn't get that much of points compared to the others.

EDIT:
I forgot to add this, so here it is:
Quote:
•The most knowledgeable member in Victory Road is FreezeWarp with 40 points! In the second position comes Bela with 22 points, while .name//Technomancer is the third with 17 points.
Sorry about that.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; January 1, 2011 at 12:26:58 AM.
Old January 1, 2011, 08:46:04 AM
Giratina

Spirit, I'm not trying to be picky, but you also forgot to include the best writer title as well. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraKshatriya View Post
Anyways, congrats to everyone who got awards, and great job summarizing all the year's new developments, Spirit.
Actually, he received them from Cat/FreezeWarp.
Old January 1, 2011, 07:16:27 PM
Servine

Ohh, this is a fun idea. Obviously I was too new to win anything this year, but who knows about next year. I'm guessing... not in a million years! 8D

Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for the forum.

Last edited by RusticShadows; January 1, 2011 at 07:16:54 PM.
Old January 2, 2011, 05:00:29 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Spirit, I'm not trying to be picky, but you also forgot to include the best writer title as well. xD

Actually, he received them from Cat/FreezeWarp.
Damn it! I have to go and get that one as well! Why am I forgetting much?! xD

The first half of the yearbook was prepared by Cat. I got it from him and edited few of them (minor details). The second half of the yearbook is made by me.

EDIT:
Quote:
•The best writer of Victory Road is Armed_Floatzel with 30 points! In the second position comes Roxas with 20 points. There is no third position due to the numerous amount of members who were nominated for this position.
I am sorry again.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; January 2, 2011 at 05:03:47 AM.
Old January 2, 2011, 07:26:51 AM
Giratina

Looking back at the names of the winners, I can gladly say that I mostly voted for the right people. Technically speaking, 61% of my votes were made to the people who actually deserved their titles (as evidenced by the list of winners).

Last edited by Shadow; January 2, 2011 at 07:27:44 AM.
Old January 2, 2011, 09:00:32 AM
Haxorus

Can't wait for 2011's yearbook. Congrats to everyone who got nominated! *clap clap*
Old January 2, 2011, 03:54:39 PM
Volcarona

Wow, I made it on the list? I didn't know I was even on the list until Shade pointed it out to me.

Thanks, guys . I couldn't have asked for a better place than the Best Writer. My congrats go to Roxas too and anyone else who was nominated.
Old January 2, 2011, 04:28:03 PM
Haxorus

i hope to win the best at mk wii title this year

Last edited by 11Trident11; January 2, 2011 at 04:28:12 PM.
Old January 2, 2011, 07:21:36 PM
Volcarona

Only 2nd in MKWii?
Where's Womimin and Ultimazone?!? I'll take them down!!!

owait, I played my last races a few days ago...dang.
The joys of being retired from a game.
Hey, I played competitively on that game for years. I get a break.

Wait, wasn't he the one who won the MKWii tourney? That'd be why, he got publicity. :3

Congrats to everyone. I suppose I can accept what I did get.

Last edited by Flare Soru; January 2, 2011 at 07:22:21 PM.
Old January 2, 2011, 07:24:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare Soru View Post
Only 2nd in MKWii?
Where's Womimin and Ultimazone?!? I'll take them down!!!

owait, I played my last races a few days ago...dang.
The joys of being retired from a game.
Hey, I played competitively on that game for years. I get a break.

Wait, wasn't he the one who won the MKWii tourney? That'd be why, he got publicity. :3

Congrats to everyone. I suppose I can accept what I did get.
If you never came back, you might've won the most-missed member award =P
Old January 2, 2011, 07:26:56 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
If you never came back, you might've won the most-missed member award =P
Me? Missed???
I'm sure.
Old January 3, 2011, 02:38:48 AM
Volcarona

congrats to all!!!
Old January 4, 2011, 04:44:09 PM
Kyurem

Psssht as if my ego needed the extra boost! Still, I find the results of all of these questions quite interesting, so good job to you Spirit for managing all of this hard work!
Old January 4, 2011, 11:26:22 PM
Haxorus

I got more votes than I thought I would. D:

This was fun. x3 We need to make it more open to voting next year... Say, a longer voting term. o3o
Old January 5, 2011, 03:36:51 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by .name//Technomancer View Post
I got more votes than I thought I would. D:

This was fun. x3 We need to make it more open to voting next year... Say, a longer voting term. o3o
That would be more appropriate. As you can see, this is our first yearbook. We actually thought of it before Christmas by few days, so we couldn't keep the voting longer than 5 days. However, since we know that there will be a new yearbook next year, we will be prepared for it from before, and we can keep the voting session for a longer time.
Old January 5, 2011, 04:24:04 AM
Giratina

Quote:
That would be more appropriate. As you can see, this is our first yearbook. We actually thought of it before Christmas by few days, so we couldn't keep the voting longer than 5 days. However, since we know that there will be a new yearbook next year, we will be prepared for it from before, and we can keep the voting session for a longer time.
Not to mention that there will probably be more features/questions added to the yearbook in order to make it more interesting. But we've got a lot of time to worry about that later on, don't we?
Old January 7, 2011, 11:38:47 AM
Haxorus

Quote:
emeperorempoleon2
even in an official thread congratulating me you still spell my name wrong
Old January 7, 2011, 12:00:52 PM
Haxorus

How am I on second for best Mario kart Wii player if I've never even played it?
Old January 7, 2011, 02:42:55 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimazone View Post
Wait...I tied someone that's never played the game?
Thats.......cruel.
Old January 7, 2011, 03:24:58 PM
Zoroark

....How did I miss all of this.
I feel ashamed.
Old January 8, 2011, 04:42:37 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
even in an official thread congratulating me you still spell my name wrong
Is it me, or is your name too hard to spell? Even I, who is known to be strict and stuff, fails in typing your name. I am sorry. I really never noticed, although I find it funny for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimazone View Post
Don't go to me. It is the people who voted for you, and I don't know the reason.
Old January 8, 2011, 01:03:59 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Is it me, or is your name too hard to spell? Even I, who is known to be strict and stuff, fails in typing your name. I am sorry. I really never noticed, although I find it funny for some reason.
Call me crazy, but isn't his name actually spelled /right/? I mean, "emeperor" isn't how you spell Emperor
Old January 8, 2011, 02:17:50 PM
Giratina

If you fail to spell "Emperor" and "Empoleon" and "2", then you're bad at English, Pokémon and basic math. (:
Old January 8, 2011, 03:27:40 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
Call me crazy, but isn't his name actually spelled /right/? I mean, "emeperor" isn't how you spell Emperor
*points at name and glares at Freeze*
Old January 8, 2011, 05:59:01 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorempoleon2 View Post
*points at name and glares at Freeze*
Soo... I'm dislexic... Will you please point out very, very specifically how you spelled your name wrong?

...'Cause seriously, it looks right to me.
Old January 8, 2011, 08:44:56 PM
Regigigas

No nominations even? Well hey, I didn't even notice this topic until today, so clearly I'm never on.
Old January 9, 2011, 02:55:02 AM
Haxorus

Nothing about me and my contribution to the old adoption system eh?
Old January 9, 2011, 04:40:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilster3000 View Post
Nothing about me and my contribution to the old adoption system eh?
Well, if you're barely active on the forums then people will not as easily notice you. Plus, there are several other happenings and names which were left out in the yearbook due to size constraints. So, we apologize if your contribution(s) is missing or not clearly referred to.
Old January 9, 2011, 05:06:48 AM
Haxorus

Ah don't worry. It's totally understandable. It's like I was active here in the past hundred years. Anyway, congratulations to everyone on the list. You guys make Victoryroad/Floatzel so special.

Last edited by Dilster3000; January 9, 2011 at 05:07:01 AM.
Old January 9, 2011, 08:14:35 AM
Giratina

*Locks thread to prevent any more spam*