Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 16, 2014, 07:49:20 PM
Mudkip

Default Lets Advertise Victory Road

Advertising is a great way to show people the forums! If you have a piece of art you would like to share for other members to put in their signatures on other forums, post it here!! If you see a piece of art you like, put it in your signature!
~Artists who have donated their time~
~Manaphy72~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w6uJu03.png
Views:	606
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	6072   Click image for larger version

Name:	NAYyOj4.png
Views:	630
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	6073   Click image for larger version

Name:	FyPxj19.png
Views:	607
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	6074  
Attached Images

Last edited by Manaphy72; March 17, 2014 at 05:52:01 PM.
Old March 16, 2014, 08:16:23 PM
Keldeo

I actually suggested to a few people (mainly people my age who are getting tired of dealing with the eleven-year-olds on other forums) to come here, but I don't think they did.

But, a word of warning: it is very easy to attract the wrong kind of users this way (i.e. YouTube spam threads, "Can I be a mod?", "ur all star-star-star-stars," the people who lurk ***** (oh for crying out loud: you can probably guess which web site that was) boards, the aforementioned eleven year olds). We'll see.

Last edited by Dragonite; March 16, 2014 at 08:17:12 PM.
Old March 16, 2014, 08:51:36 PM
Administrator

One thing I've noticed about that is the gradual age drift. I've noticed a lot of members disappearing or becoming very inactive after entering college, while we still receive new members who are still in high school.
Old March 17, 2014, 02:56:29 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
One thing I've noticed about that is the gradual age drift. I've noticed a lot of members disappearing or becoming very inactive after entering college, while we still receive new members who are still in high school.
That's usually what happens with gaming forums in general. People only stay for the period of time they are interested in the topic, and from what I've observed (I may be wrong) Pokémon is most popular for about the preteen age to college-age, with preteens being less likely to join a forum. College, from what I understand, keeps one busy enough to have to put aside other interests which can then be forgotten.

Last edited by Tarellethiel; March 17, 2014 at 02:56:55 AM.
Old March 17, 2014, 12:25:02 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
I actually suggested to a few people (mainly people my age who are getting tired of dealing with the eleven-year-olds on other forums) to come here, but I don't think they did.

But, a word of warning: it is very easy to attract the wrong kind of users this way (i.e. YouTube spam threads, "Can I be a mod?", "ur all star-star-star-stars," the people who lurk ***** (oh for crying out loud: you can probably guess which web site that was) boards, the aforementioned eleven year olds). We'll see.
This is a great point, but they can also attract the members like you and me! If these members do join, we just have to set them straight and let them know that is not how it goes here.

Quote:
That happens because people will notice that they are "Grown up" for Pokemon or they simply don't have the time they used to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarellethiel View Post
That's usually what happens with gaming forums in general. People only stay for the period of time they are interested in the topic, and from what I've observed (I may be wrong) Pokémon is most popular for about the preteen age to college-age, with preteens being less likely to join a forum. College, from what I understand, keeps one busy enough to have to put aside other interests which can then be forgotten.
Worded perfectly

Any artwork to represent Victory Road is welcomed here!
Old March 17, 2014, 02:18:33 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
That's kinda funny. MattyBrolic and I both joined this forum in college! We're still in college, and I have a feeling we won't be leaving anytime soon.
Old March 17, 2014, 03:11:30 PM
Keldeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaphy72 View Post
This is a great point, but they can also attract the members like you and me! If these members do join, we just have to set them straight and let them know that is not how it goes here.
We'll see. I'm considering other ways go get people to think about coming over here.

Oh, and as it happens I only found this place in college, too. Hopefully I'll stick around, too. I think this is the only place on the Internet I've seen that can go 2+ weeks without a massive fight erupting.
Old March 17, 2014, 03:24:31 PM
Magikarp

I have a few friends from other forums I've been on who may be interested in coming over here, most of which are experienced forum users with enough free time to be active participants in the community. I am planning on leading some of them over here after I become more active here myself.
Old March 17, 2014, 05:49:32 PM
Mudkip

Well, I made a few more pieces for this thread ^^ I would love to see some other work too!

Last edited by Manaphy72; March 17, 2014 at 05:49:44 PM.
Old March 17, 2014, 06:14:24 PM
Administrator

Closed by request of topic creator