Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > VictoryBattles

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 9, 2010, 04:23:56 PM
Kyurem

Default VictoryBattles Walkthrough

This is a basic walkthrough that describes what you can do in the early stages of the game. As VictoryBattles is incomplete storyline-wise, there isn't a whole lot to see.

Getting Started
When you start the game, you must adopt a Pokémon from the adoption center, where many Pokémon are left. You can choose any one, and later get more if you want. When your done, hit the banner on top and go back to the menu. Now you need to withdraw the Pokémon; go to your PC and either right click on a Pokémon or hover over the "Options" dialouge above each Pokémon. Then choose Withdraw. You now have your very own Pokémon!

After this you will need to choose your gender; boy or girl. It doesn't matter which, really. You can then choose a group to join. Each group serves its own unique purpose: Rockets are money-hungry villians. They run many secret buildings and scam other's rare Pokémon. Much of your activity will involve trying to climb the ranks. Breeders try to help Pokémon and raise other trainers Pokémon. They run and get all the profits of the breeding center. The Trainers Association are the powerful ones; they will confront Team Rocket frequently and will also be able to access areas nobody else can due to their strength. Once you've choosen, you can explore.

The Map
You can use the map to navigate from Pallet Town all the way up to Lavender Town. Simply click the green-tinted rectangles to go where you want. When you get to Cerulean City, you will need to go to Vermilion City and the S.S. Anne to get the sword. Now you can return to Cerulean and gain access to the rock tunnel.

Items
You can get items in most of the stores. To start you will find Potions, which heal 20 HP in battle, and Pokéballs, which help capture Pokémon. Once you reach Lavendar town you will be able to buy Super Potions, which heal 50 HP, and Great Balls, which are 50% stronger than Pokéballs.

Gyms
Gyms can't yet be challenged, at least not right. But soon you'll be able to fight them in all their glory.
Old September 27, 2010, 05:36:17 PM
Landorus

So, you can only go as far as Lavender Town?
Old September 27, 2010, 06:34:49 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikyEaredPichu96 View Post
So, you can only go as far as Lavender Town?
Correct, though you will be able to get up to Celadon in the end (maybe further to either Fuscia or Saffron).

Edit: By the end I mean the next release, RC1, which should come in November (click the link for the current preview). Ideally I should be able to complete Johto by next summer even.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; September 27, 2010 at 06:56:47 PM.
Old September 27, 2010, 07:31:23 PM
Landorus

Ok. I think I can wait that long.
Old November 9, 2010, 04:35:17 PM
Zoroark

uh... in pewter it won't let me go to the right

Last edited by coteup; November 9, 2010 at 04:35:36 PM.
Old November 10, 2010, 12:48:02 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
uh... in pewter it won't let me go to the right
There should be a scrollbar at the bottom of the box that will shift the map focus right.