Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White 2 > Competitive Battling
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Competitive Battling Locked due to the shutdown of Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Search this Thread
Old July 8, 2013, 05:07:25 PM
Floatzel

Default Meloetta?

Is a Calm Mind Meloetta viable or should I run something else?
Old July 8, 2013, 05:14:15 PM
Kyurem

Calm Mind would be perfectly acceptable on a Meloetta strictly for Aria forme, since it isn't so great on Pirouette forme. So, for a Calm Mind build, I would suggest a build with Calm Mind, alongside 3 coverage moves, which will probably be something along the lines of Psychic, Focus Blast, and Thunderbolt, I guess.

There's always Choice Specs too, but if you're bent on wanting the ability to change moves, then Leftovers for survival or Life Orb for heavier hits would probably be better options. Also, if it turns out that Choice Specs might be your speed, then you'd replace Calm Mind with either another coverage move or Trick.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 8, 2013 at 05:14:44 PM.
Old July 8, 2013, 05:25:45 PM
Floatzel

Thanks! What I've got now is Leftovers, Substitute, Calm Mind, Psyshock, and Focus Blast. I haven't tried it yet, but do you think Substitute could work or just get another coverage move?
Old July 8, 2013, 06:03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarellethiel View Post
Thanks! What I've got now is Leftovers, Substitute, Calm Mind, Psyshock, and Focus Blast. I haven't tried it yet, but do you think Substitute could work or just get another coverage move?
Maybe you could try Rest instead of Substitute? Leftovers won't be enough to let Meloetta take a lot of attacks- especially if it starts getting hit by physical moves.

Meloetta can be a fun Pokémon to use. I've seen one person use a set that freely allows Meloetta to change form (I think it was MMLfrostypixie from Youtube). It had the moves: Work Up, Relic Song, Close Combat, and Psychic(?).