Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old June 9, 2011, 05:57:33 PM
Servine

Question Good team for the Elite Four?

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, but I didn't find any in the search so I thought I'd try, also apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this.

Since I've defeated the Elite Four the first time through [with an extreme amount of Revives, Full Restores, and Hyper potions] I've just been training my Pokemon and trying to complete the Isshu/Unova Pokedex. But now I just want to be able to know I've defeated the actual Champion and the Elite Four [all of which get much harder than before]. So what Pokemon should I train and to what level do you all recommend? Thanks for the help.
Old June 10, 2011, 12:03:38 PM
Landorus

fire type moves are recomended for the chapion and the phychic type user. (due to spoilers,I will just say what pokemon they use)
Old June 10, 2011, 07:30:01 PM
Regigigas

Well, I haven't fought the Elite Four personally, but I'm aware of what types they use and a fair few of their Pokemon. Interestingly enough, the types they use all have very unique correlation between each other out of many of the Types. As a result, one member of the Elite Four's typing is weak against and strong against one other member, typically. This also helps in terms of making them more of "equals" as opposed to a clear power hierarchy similar to the Gym Leaders, which I think is a good idea.

I recommend Zoroark for Shauntal, due to it's high Special Attack and Speed, as well as Dark-typing, which will give you the advantage against some of her slower, bulkier Pokemon. Zoroark could also be useful against Caitlin.

For Marshal, try Sigilyph, since is is 4x Resistant and Super-Effective against Fighting-types. It's Speed and decent Special Attack should also come in handy, since their Defenses are mainly along the Physical side of the spectrum (keep Sawk's Sturdy in mind, though). A strategy you could use (the one I personally use myself) is to teach Sigilyph Stored Power, Cosmic Power, Psycho Shift, and Roost, and give it a Flame Orb to hold. Also note that Sigilyph must have the ability Magic Guard. Firstly, use Cosmic Power on the first turn to increase Sigilyph's Defenses, then after getting burned by the Flame Orb, use Psycho Shift on the next turn to Burn the opponent (since Marshal's Pokemon rely on Physical Attacks, this will be very crippling. It will also render Sawk's Sturdy useless). Use Cosmic Power to continue boosting Sigilyph's Defense and Special Defense stats, using Roost to recover HP when need be. Once you've used it 6 times (you could probably stop at 3, though-chances are at that point none of his Pokemon would be able to KO it anyway, but it depends on your level), use Stored Power. Stored Power's Base Power starts at 20 and increases for every stat boost level your Pokemon has, meaning after 3 Cosmic Powers, it will have Base 140 Power (it is also a Psychic-type move, meaning you'll get STAB as well as a Super-Effective hit on Marshal's Pokemon). Note that you'll need to chain breed for this moveset-breeding Sigilyph with Natu or Xatu will get you Stored Power and Psycho Shift, Roost can come from Unfezant, Ducklett, or Swanna, and Sigilyph learns Cosmic Power at Level 48.

Conkeldurr would make a decent Fighting-type addition to battle Grimsley with, it should be able to plow through his Pokemon with a strong enough Mach Punch (Drain Punch also helps lessen the amount of Hyper Potions you need to rely on, besides being a great Psuedo-Recovery move in general this generation). Alternatively, Scrafty is more Defensive and has less raw Attack power in comparison to Conkeldurr, but it possesses a great dual Dark/Fighting typing, both which make for useful STAB moves. This also means Scrafty will be able to battle against Caitlin, Shauntal, and Grimsley, due to being unaffected by or resistant to all three of their types.

A fourth Pokemon which could be useful is Volcarona. Besides having a fantastic Base 135 Special Attack stat, and access to Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance, it is resistant to Fighting-type attacks, and strong against Dark-types. It's Fire STAB will also come in handy against Alder (specifically in regards to three of his Pokemon).

Next, your Starter will probably already be at a pretty high level, so you could add it in for extra type coverage (though if it's Emboar, it's redundant, as Volcarona will be able to take it's place fairly easily, and you can catch a Level 70 one in-game anyway.)

The first four options should be able to cover most of your problems. There really aren't any others that are particularly crucial (though someone else may end up suggesting something that could work well).
Old June 11, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
Celebi

The best Pokemon is a Haxorus because it can learn moves that are super-effective to all E4 members, are all easy-to-acces TM moves, and are all physical which goes along with Haxorus's masssive Attack stat. The moves and match-ups are, Aerial Ace for Marshal, X-Scissor for Caitlyn and Grimsly, and Shadow Claw for Shantel. The last move should be Dragon Dance to give Haxorus a little more Attak Power and Speed.
Old June 20, 2011, 03:01:40 PM
Zoroark

Bug is fairly effective (Dark and Psychic), so generally Leavanny (risky but possible), Escalvier, Galvantula, Accelgor, and even Durant are useful.

Fighting is easy with a good Psychic or flying (better to go with a hard hitting Psy though). Reniculus and Sigilith can be great, but others are great as well like Gothitelle and even Musharna. Bird types that are leveled enough put a good dent into them too.

Ghost is pretty self-explanatory. Some good Dark types like Scrafty, Krookidile, Bisharp; good list of choices if you pick the right ones.

Champion is pretty weak to Fire due to the amount of bugs in his team. Volcarona (after beating Plasma) can be really useful, but so can a few good flyers like Braviery or the Pidove final evo (ironically much more useful here). The rest of his team just needs good coverage from everyone else (which you should have enough of with a little tweaking).

Generally, the main game dragons are useful in general along with Terrakion, Hydreigon, and most high-level Pokemon out there in Unova that require intense training.

Ice and Dragon use to be the most valuable attacks in E4 battles due to Dragon usage. This has changed considerably this time around. Focus on the "unique" types in terms of strength (especially the second time through).

That is, if you haven't already beat the E4 and Champion again by now. Then this whole article is null-and-void.
Old June 28, 2013, 12:51:04 PM
Magikarp

I Think The Best Kind Of Team You Want To Use (Me Personally).You Want To Have At Least 2 Bulky Physical Sweepers(Conkledurr or Machamp) And A Special Sweeper(Vanilluxe Or Alakazam) Physically Defensive Pokemon (Forretess Or Shuckle) And 2 Fast Special Sweepers(Espeon Or Deoxys-Speed). Again This Is My Kind Of Plan For Fighting The Elite Four In My Opinion. So You Can Try It Out And See If It Works For You.
Old June 28, 2013, 01:03:47 PM
Rayquaza

Why would you bump this two year old thread?
Old June 28, 2013, 01:16:50 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
Why would you bump this two year old thread?
Hey don't be harsh, they are new here...
Old June 28, 2013, 01:38:47 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureAurorae View Post
Hey don't be harsh, they are new here...
They'll never learn if I don't speak up.
Old June 28, 2013, 01:39:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper Dan View Post
I Think The Best Kind Of Team You Want To Use (Me Personally).You Want To Have At Least 2 Bulky Physical Sweepers(Conkledurr or Machamp) And A Special Sweeper(Vanilluxe Or Alakazam) Physically Defensive Pokemon (Forretess Or Shuckle) And 2 Fast Special Sweepers(Espeon Or Deoxys-Speed). Again This Is My Kind Of Plan For Fighting The Elite Four In My Opinion. So You Can Try It Out And See If It Works For You.
Your heart is in the right place, but this is a two-year old thread and the person who made the thread isn't here anymore to look at your answer. Bumping old threads are allowed in certain circumstances, but threads like RMTs and team planning should be left alone after a while. Be sure to check the thread dates before posting (and if the user who made the thread is still active or not )

Because the user who made this thread has been gone from VR for over a year, I'm going to lock it.