Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon Sun and Moon

Notices

Search this Thread
Old August 10, 2017, 06:37:33 PM
Charizard

Default Is Alola bland?

Does anyone else feel that Alola is a little bland? I like the Pokémon they've added, but it feels like there haven't been that many and there's not really a lot TO Alola. Yeah, it's a region made up of islands, but there's no central city like Goldenrod, Castelia, or Lumiose and the areas just don't feel as varied or diverse. It's like the opposite problem of XY. Where XY had a lacking story, it had a VERY cool region with many different biomes, cities and areas to explore. SM, on the other hand, has a great story, but the region feels empty. *sigh* Enough ranting. I guess what I'm trying to say is that SM just feels rushed and therefore, it feels lacking in several areas. I really hope either USUM or Generation VIII on the Switch fixes this. This is one of my favorite series, and I don't like seeing it like this.

Last edited by BluFire1337; August 11, 2017 at 12:22:54 AM.
Old August 13, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
Administrator

I thought it was a rather interesting concept, which played nicely with the theme of Hawaii. Naturally, a few things had to change, but it does certainly feel a little constrained compared to some of the other regions.
Old August 13, 2017, 06:28:10 PM
Keldeo

I didn't think Alola was bad, but I will say that while playing through it I didn't get the same satisfaction out of exploring it as I did in past regions (particularly the 2D ones). Maybe it's just because the world is 3D and feels like you should be able to cover way more ground than you're actually able to.
Old August 13, 2017, 07:59:39 PM
Mudkip

IDEA: If you make a Hawaiian themed world, make sure you get to explore a volcano! A system of diverse underground biomes would be nice; magma caves, acid caves, crystal, frozen, bug slime and who knows what else! I could probably come up with some more, but I am at 6% right now. Also I never played SM so I don't know if there is already a volcano or not. Most likely.

P.S. Did I use a semi-colon right? XD