Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 13, 2012, 11:02:29 PM
Mudkip

Default RMT #3: OU Sandstorm

Hey guys I'm back with another RMT. This time I'm bringing you some sand action. My favorite type of weather is sandstorm and I have one for B/W 2 since some people don't have it, but anyways here's the team.

Team At A Glance

Pokémon Sprite 248 Pokémon Sprite 639 Pokémon Sprite 645 Pokémon Sprite 251 Pokémon Sprite 380 Pokémon Sprite 479

Tyranitar @Leftovers
Sand Stream
252 HP 64 SpA 192 SpD
Sassy
Stealth Rock
Crunch
Ice Beam
Fire Blast

There's a lot of Tyranitars out there and each one does a different purpose. This one is the common lead mixed attacker. With the sand stream, it gets a Sp.Defense boost which is nice. Crunch is the only STAB move you should put on it unless if it's a Choice Banded set. T-Tar's great movepool gets access to Ice Beam and Fire Blast, which is good coverage for Scizor, Forretress, Ferrothorn, etc., while Ice Beam gets rid of those powerful dragons and Gliscor.

Terrakion @Choice Band
Justified
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Jolly
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Earthquake
X-Scissor

You couldn't have a sandstorm team without Terrakion. Terrakion, being one of the best pokemon in the meta game (might give that title to Landorus-T since Intimidate weakens Terrakion.) and the best choiced users, Terrakion is a threat to every team. Choice Banded Terrakion is one of the deadlist kind of Terrakion imo. Choice Band Terrakion 2HKOs Skarmory and OHKOs everything in OU. Close Combat and Stone Edge are the main STAB Moves for Terrakion but you can run Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge for Accuracy purposes. Earthquake is optional for coverage. If you don't want to run EQ, you can run Quick Attack for priority. X-Scissor is to hit Latias, Latios, and Celebi. Overall Terrakion is a must for a team.

Landorus @Choice Scarf
Sand Force
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 Def
Naive
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Hidden Power (Ice)

Landorus is also a must for a sandstorm team. I don't run Landorus-T on this team because I need a team when I battle people with B/W plus Landorus-T has lost some speed and sp.attack, making it unable to OHKO Gliscor with HP Ice and can be outsped by other scarfers. Earthquake boosted with STAB and Sand Force is just a lot of power. Stone Edge with Sand Force is also a very strong move and great coverage for Ice. U-Turn is for getting out of tough situations and also great for Volt-Turn (which I do have on this team). If you want to run Jolly Nature, you can use Hammer Arm instead of HP Ice but I recommend HP Ice for Gliscor and dragons. Landorus combined with Terrakion and a Volt Switch user makes this core very hard to defeat.

Celebi @Leftovers
Natural Cure
220 HP 252 SpA 36 Speed
Modest
Nasty Plot
Giga Drain
Hidden Power (Fire)
Earth Power

Celebi can work well with sand even though it gets damaged by sandstorm every storm. Leftovers can prevent the damage from sandstorm. The HP EVs makes it where it can take hits better thanks to its natural bulk. Anyways, Nasty Plot Celebi is really awesome because of its sp.attack stat and it can take a hit so it can set up at least one. Since this is a sandstorm team, Giga Drain helps to recover HP when you have taken some damage from your opponent and the sandstorm. Hidden Power Fire prevents Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn from walling Celebi to death. Earth Power is for Heatran and other fire types but Air Balloon Heatran is a problem with Celebi unless you can pop it. Celebi is a good pokemon for its sp.attack, natural bulk, and good coverage. It can also get rid of other weather users which is always important.

Latias @Leftovers
Levitate
252 Def 252 HP 4 SpD
Bold
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Roar

Latias is a good bulky pokemon that can take hits well. This is the standard set for Latias with Calm Mind. Just one Calm Mind makes it very bulky and very strong with the SpA side. Recover is wonderful for getting HP from sand and other damage. Roar is necessary for getting big threats out of here and other pokemon that love to set up. It's an optional pokemon for sand but it has worked for me.

Rotom-W @Leftovers
Levitate
112 HP 252 SpA 144 Speed
Modest
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split

Rotom-W is the other part of Volt-Turn on this team, helping out Landorus. This is a bulky attacker since it has max Special Attack and its natural bulk make it take hits all day. Hydro Pump is the other STAB move for Rotom-W hitting hard on pokemon that have a disadvantage to it. Will-O-Wisp is extremely helpful to burn pokemon that don't appreciate to be burned like Ferrothorn. Pain Split is the last move on this pokemon, mainly getting more HP and to stall a bit. Rotom-W is a great addition to any team that has Volt-Turn.

This team has really run well for me. Gastrodon is really the only thing I find threatening to this team when Celebi is down. I hope you guys give me some good opinions on this team and thanks for looking at my RMT.
Old July 14, 2012, 06:11:03 AM
Giratina

Well, if any of you know me, I usually comment on the synergy/typings of teams first. So here I go.

The fact that you have no counters to Ice and Dragon, scares me. Especially that you have at least one weakness for each. 3 WEAKNESSES FOR ICE INCLUDING ONE OF THEM BEING 4x WEAKNESS! Big problems there...

Now for other types that your weaker. It will be displayed (Type # of defense to the type - # of weak pokemon to the type): Water 3-2, Ghost 1-3, Dark 2-3, Steel 2-1. That's a lot of weakness if you ask me. And they're all very common type of moves!

I would switch some pokemon out for others to avoid that much weakness. I'll come back at more later.
Old July 15, 2012, 12:28:24 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
Well, if any of you know me, I usually comment on the synergy/typings of teams first. So here I go.

The fact that you have no counters to Ice and Dragon, scares me. Especially that you have at least one weakness for each. 3 WEAKNESSES FOR ICE INCLUDING ONE OF THEM BEING 4x WEAKNESS! Big problems there...

Now for other types that your weaker. It will be displayed (Type # of defense to the type - # of weak pokemon to the type): Water 3-2, Ghost 1-3, Dark 2-3, Steel 2-1. That's a lot of weakness if you ask me. And they're all very common type of moves!

I would switch some pokemon out for others to avoid that much weakness. I'll come back at more later.
I do understand about the many weaknesses on this team but the water weakness I expected since it is a sandstorm team. This may look like a really horrible team but this team actually got me to the finals in a tourney. I actually have counters for ice. (Terrakion). Dragons I'm not really concerned because I do carry HP Ice on Landorus but I have to keep my Landorus alive when any dragon is still alive.
Old July 15, 2012, 06:32:50 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGameMaster44 View Post
I do understand about the many weaknesses on this team but the water weakness I expected since it is a sandstorm team. This may look like a really horrible team but this team actually got me to the finals in a tourney. I actually have counters for ice. (Terrakion). Dragons I'm not really concerned because I do carry HP Ice on Landorus but I have to keep my Landorus alive when any dragon is still alive.
You can't just rely on one pokemon to defend everything... If it dies before the opponent even sends out the type that it defends, that sucks. Your dead.
Old July 16, 2012, 12:56:41 AM
Mudkip

Quote:
You can't just rely on one pokemon to defend everything... If it dies before the opponent even sends out the type that it defends, that sucks. Your dead.
Yea I know what you mean. Reminds me of my noob days lol. I need to think which pokes to replace though. I'm thinking Latias but eh, I'll have to see. I possibly could get an Air Balloon Heatran but then if the air balloon pops, ground types can destroy it and my Terrakion and Tyranitar. Fighting types can hit this team hard if I use Heatran. It's hard for me to make teams, I have to think of what to use, not to get too many weaknesses, etc,. The life of a battler I guess
Old July 16, 2012, 05:17:32 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGameMaster44 View Post
Yea I know what you mean. Reminds me of my noob days lol. I need to think which pokes to replace though. I'm thinking Latias but eh, I'll have to see. I possibly could get an Air Balloon Heatran but then if the air balloon pops, ground types can destroy it and my Terrakion and Tyranitar. Fighting types can hit this team hard if I use Heatran. It's hard for me to make teams, I have to think of what to use, not to get too many weaknesses, etc,. The life of a battler I guess
Fighting, Water- There's soo many things that would add weakness with heatran. So no. But idk, a common one I see is something like Rotom-W. That's a good one. Scizor and Rotom-W always make a nice core to use.
Old July 16, 2012, 01:55:55 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Fighting, Water- There's soo many things that would add weakness with heatran. So no. But idk, a common one I see is something like Rotom-W. That's a good one. Scizor and Rotom-W always make a nice core to use.
Rotom-W is actually on this team. VictoryRoad doesn't have the pic for animated Rotom-W so I'm kinda forced to use the regular Rotom pic. I see what you mean, Volt-Turn. Volt-Turn is always fun to use.
Old July 16, 2012, 03:06:05 PM
Giratina

Oh derp. That would've made more sense xD sorry, my mistake! Well yeah Scizor Rotom-W is always great on a weather team or just a regular team.