Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 7, 2011, 04:53:14 PM
Linoone

Default Tutorials?

I knew I'd be making this thread. Are there any tutorials on making songs in FL Studio other than the "change soundfont, add notes, stomp as MP3, release, watch views stay at ~30" trick which I know about?

I know I'm making a remix, but I want it to sound better than the piece of garbage known as my Inside Pokemon League remix. EDIT: If you can call it a remix, it isn't by my standards anymore.

Last edited by Heart's Soul; January 7, 2011 at 04:54:17 PM.
Old January 7, 2011, 05:43:54 PM

If only it was easy to write up a tutorial on how to make a (good) song. But, the process is very abstract and requires a lot of independent creativity. One would only be able to describe the technical stuff like how to mix/master a song or how to utilize all the features that the program offers.

The best way to learn how to make good remixes is to practice and experience lots of trial and error, avoiding using methods that don't work and reapplying and experimenting with the tactics that do. I learned how to make more decent songs in FL Studio by using the program a lot and making tons of songs, referring to tutorials only to learn how the program's features worked and how to emulate certain genres.

With that said; practice, experience, & experimentation > tutorials when it comes to composition and creativity.
Old January 9, 2011, 06:02:52 AM
Volcarona

When I first dove blindly into FL, I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

This series of videos helped me understand what I was doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPxIk-nJvT0

If that link doesn't work, search: "Beginner to Pro FL Studio" on Youtube.

Theyre 30 minute long tutorial videos. I took an afternoon to watch all of them, and by the next night, I finally understood what was going on. It may be long, but seriously, find time to watch them. THEY RAELLY HALP.