Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media
FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 18, 2010, 05:52:48 AM
Haxorus

Default Calling Any Fan Of Music!

Alright, let's try something that [hopefully] hasn't been done yet! ^_^ Moofic servay!

Simple. Fill in the template provided with the appropriate answers. List as many, or as few, as you care to.

I'd do it right here, but it's a hassle to have to delete everything I wrote, or write over it... So I'll leave the template, and come back to it after a few posts, and do mine then. n.n;

Also, let's keep it clean, no quoting someone's list and bashing it. This is a learning and sharing experience, not a debate.

Let's go!

--------------------

Favorite Band[s]:

Most Disliked Band[s]:

Favorite ... Vocalist:

Guitarist:

Bassist:

Drummer:

[Optional] Pianist/Keyboard Player:

Favorite Music Genre[s]:

Most Disliked Genre[s]:

Favorite Movie Soundtrack:

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack:

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack:

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack:

Favorite Song:

Most Disliked Song:

Favorite Album:

Most Disliked Album:

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]:

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]:

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]:

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]:

Most Calming Song:

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]:

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of:

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of:

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again:

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again:

--------------------

This section is optional.

Do you have any songs that, by themselves, changed your life, be it from a personal standpoint, or entirely, from the ground up?

Do you remember the very first CD/Cassette you ever bought, received as a gift, or owned? Do you still have it? Moreso, do you still listen to it?

If you could meet any one band and pretty much be best friends with them, who would it be?

What genre of music do you listen to that you consider obscure?

What band do you listen to that you think nobody else does?

Do you know every single word to any albums? Which?

If you could only listen to one band's discography, both existing and content-to-be, for the rest of your life, and you couldn't listen to any other music, who would you pick?

You're heading out to begin your Pokemon adventure! But oh no! You can only bring the entire discography of five bands! Who do you pick? [Setting aside bit rates and album size, and all that.]

Honestly, has music made any significant impact on your life? How? What band or song helped you through a rough time?

Would you change any listening patterns you have? For instance, would you listen to a genre close to, but outside of, your preferred genres?

If you could revive any fallen musician, who would it be? Why?

How important is music to you? Is it just tunes in the background to you, or something more...?

More honesty! Do you prefer 8-bit covers of real-world-band songs, or real-world covers of 8-bit songs?

Last Honesty! Is there a band, or bands, that you feel ashamed to listen to, considering they're outside of your genres, or typical choice of music? Any particular reason why?

Almost done! If you could have the entire discography of any band in Instrumental [No vocals] form, which band would it be? Why?

Last question! ... Okay, it's not really a question. Above all else. This doesn't have to describe you, or your life, or anything, really. What is your all time favorite phrase of lyrics? [Let's keep it short, ladies and gents. No copy/pasting all of the song's lyrics. Lets' keep it to like, two/for lines, kay? ^.^]
Old July 18, 2010, 06:11:48 AM
Kyurem

Favorite Band[s]: The Police

Most Disliked Band[s]: Metallica

Favorite ... Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist/Drummer: Don't know

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Rock

Most Disliked Genre[s]: Classical/Metal

Favorite/Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack: Don't know

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: Super Mario World/Pokémon Gold and Silver

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: Metriod (sorry Lite)/The Legend of Zelda

Favorite Song: Where Did We Go Wrong - Magni Fi (although it changes)

Most Disliked Song: Caramelldansen (or however it's spelled)

Favorite/Most Disliked Album: Don't know

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]: Don't know

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Don't know

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Don't know

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: I know what I'm thinking of but I don't know the name of it

Most Calming/Invigorating Song: Don't know

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of: Life - Seven Wiser

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of: Don't know

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Caramelldansen (or however it's spelled)

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Don't know
Old July 18, 2010, 06:12:57 AM
Servine

Favorite Band[s]: Skillet, Dragonforce, Avenged Sevenfold.

Most Disliked Band[s]: Outkast. Go and die.

Favorite Vocalist: John Cooper

Guitarist: Synyster Gates

Bassist: Paul Gray

Drummer: Jen Ledger

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Rock & Metal

Most Disliked Genre[s]: RnB.

Favorite Movie Soundtrack: Love Actually. Its so lovely.

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack:

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: Pokémon Red & Blue. Bu bup beep.

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack:

Favorite Song: At the moment, The Calling - Wherever you will go.

Most Disliked Song: Justin Beiber. Anything that THING churns out is a waste of melody.

Favorite Album: Skillet - Awake

Most Disliked Album: Plenty.

Swan Song: It'd change depending on my mood. Probably something softer.

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Baby, baby, baby ooohhh like baby, baby, baby. >3>

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: LOL. My car wouldn't reach 100, let alone 140. But perhaps Through the Fire and Flames.

Most Calming Song: Together Forever - Pokémon 2 B A Master.

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]: Moosik doesn't affect me like that. :/

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of: Into the Night - Santana.

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of: 2 B A Master. :3

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Baby, baby, baby ooohhh like baby, baby, baby. >3>

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: BIEBER. I HATE YOU.

--------------------

This section is optional. (Oh really? I'll do it anyway.)

Do you have any songs that, by themselves, changed your life, be it from a personal standpoint, or entirely, from the ground up? Three Days Grace - Not Too Late.

Do you remember the very first CD/Cassette you ever bought, received as a gift, or owned? Do you still have it? Moreso, do you still listen to it? NOW 58? I think. And I destroyed it.

If you could meet any one band and pretty much be best friends with them, who would it be? Skillet. I love them.

What genre of music do you listen to that you consider obscure? Video Game?

What band do you listen to that you think nobody else does? Westlife, if I'm in that mood? xD

Do you know every single word to any albums? Which? Awake, Comatose, Collide, loads more?

If you could only listen to one band's discography, both existing and content-to-be, for the rest of your life, and you couldn't listen to any other music, who would you pick? Skillet. They do just about anything from 'I HATE YOU' to 'Jesus saved our souls, aye?'

You're heading out to begin your Pokemon adventure! But oh no! You can only bring the entire discography of five bands! Who do you pick? [Setting aside bit rates and album size, and all that.] F-five? Dx Uhm... Skillet ♥, Dragonforce, Avenged, Westlife (for the times I lose my Gym matches), and uhm... The Used?

Honestly, has music made any significant impact on your life? How? What band or song helped you through a rough time? Three Days Grace and Simple Plan, they helped me a lot through the really rough times.

Would you change any listening patterns you have? For instance, would you listen to a genre close to, but outside of, your preferred genres? I wouldn't... But I'd stop myself listening to music so much I end up hating it.

If you could revive any fallen musician, who would it be? Why? Paul Gray. Because Slipknot is going to fall now. </3

How important is music to you? Is it just tunes in the background to you, or something more...? It depends. There are more important things, but there are less important things, too.

More honesty! Do you prefer 8-bit covers of real-world-band songs, or real-world covers of 8-bit songs? 8-bit covers of real songs.

Last Honesty! Is there a band, or bands, that you feel ashamed to listen to, considering they're outside of your genres, or typical choice of music? Any particular reason why? Westlife. But I do it anyway.

Almost done! If you could have the entire discography of any band in Instrumental [No vocals] form, which band would it be? Why? Maiden. ;D

Last question! ... Okay, it's not really a question. Above all else. This doesn't have to describe you, or your life, or anything, really. What is your all time favorite phrase of lyrics? "No, you'll never be alone, when darkness comes I'll light the night with stars; hear my whispers in the dark." Means a lot... For personal reasons. :3
Old July 18, 2010, 08:40:41 AM
Giratina

Favorite Band[s]: Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, System of a Down, Between the Buried and Me, Bullet For My Valentine

Most Disliked Band[s]: Don't really have any

Favorite ... Vocalist: Serj Tankinan

Guitarist: Synyster Gates

Bassist: No idea

Drummer: The Rev

[Optional] Pianist/Keyboard Player: N/A

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Generally speaking, Rock and Metal though I do listen to some hip-hop or rap and whatnot

Most Disliked Genre[s]: Country and girly stuff o3o

Favorite Movie Soundtrack: Transformers, all of them xD

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack: Dunno

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: If Rock Band/Guitar Hero doesn't count then one of my Madden games

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: Have you noticed that I don't really dislike anything?

Favorite Song: Rise Against - Savior

Most Disliked Song: Beiber

Favorite Album: Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists

Most Disliked Album: A7X's Sounding the Seventh Trumpet

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]: Dunno

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Party In The USA? o3o

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Nate Dogg - Keep It Coming

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: Lostprophets - Ride

Most Calming Song: Between The Buried And Me - Medicine Wheel

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]: I dunno, something fast but not very metal-ish

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of:The longest I ever listened to a song was 6 months and it was It's Not My Time by 3 Doors Down. I don't think I can listen to a song longer than that

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of: I'll get tired eventually

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Beiber again

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Nothing really..

--------------------

This section is optional.

Do you have any songs that, by themselves, changed your life, be it from a personal standpoint, or entirely, from the ground up?: Nope

Do you remember the very first CD/Cassette you ever bought, received as a gift, or owned? Do you still have it? Moreso, do you still listen to it?: My friend let me borrow his Sick Puppies CD (Tri-Polar) and I listen to some of those songs on my MP3 still

If you could meet any one band and pretty much be best friends with them, who would it be?: Avenged Sevenfold

What genre of music do you listen to that you consider obscure?: Wut

What band do you listen to that you think nobody else does?: No idea :0

Do you know every single word to any albums? Which?: Nope

If you could only listen to one band's discography, both existing and content-to-be, for the rest of your life, and you couldn't listen to any other music, who would you pick?: Uhh Disturbed?

You're heading out to begin your Pokemon adventure! But oh no! You can only bring the entire discography of five bands! Who do you pick? [Setting aside bit rates and album size, and all that.]: Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, System of a Down, Between the Buried and Me, Bullet For My Valentine

Honestly, has music made any significant impact on your life? How? What band or song helped you through a rough time?: I listened to Sick Puppies when school was at its roughest last year

Would you change any listening patterns you have? For instance, would you listen to a genre close to, but outside of, your preferred genres?: Nope

If you could revive any fallen musician, who would it be? Why?: The Rev because he;'s amazing no matter what Thomas Belmont says

How important is music to you? Is it just tunes in the background to you, or something more...?: Not really important but not unimportant, it's in the middle I guess

More honesty! Do you prefer 8-bit covers of real-world-band songs, or real-world covers of 8-bit songs?: I like the real songs but 8 bit covers are cool too, sometimes better than the real song but with those there aren't lyrics

Last Honesty! Is there a band, or bands, that you feel ashamed to listen to, considering they're outside of your genres, or typical choice of music? Any particular reason why?: Nope

Almost done! If you could have the entire discography of any band in Instrumental [No vocals] form, which band would it be? Why?: Between The Buried And Me because quite frankly their vocals aren't the best

Last question! ... Okay, it's not really a question. Above all else. This doesn't have to describe you, or your life, or anything, really. What is your all time favorite phrase of lyrics? [Let's keep it short, ladies and gents. No copy/pasting all of the song's lyrics. Lets' keep it to like, two/for lines, kay? ^.^]: From the beginning Avenged Sevenfold's Critical Acclaim, this brings back memories and makes me laugh every time.

"Shh, be quiet, you might piss somebody off. Like me, mother****er, you've been at it for too long!"

I just love it.
Old July 18, 2010, 08:43:46 AM
Landorus

Favorite Band: Flogging Molly/ Al Yankovic/ the Who/Queen/ etc.
Most Disliked Band: Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, etc. etc.
Favorite Vocalist: Roger Daltrey
Guitarist: Too many to count
Bassist: John Entwistle
Drummer: Keith Moon
Favorite Genre: Classic Rock, epic Orchestra
Most Disliked Genre: Peoplewhoaretoolazytoactuallyplayaninstrumentsothe yjustplaybackgroundstuffwhiletheysinganddigitallye nhancetheirvoicessotheirvoicesoundsallprettycoughJ onasbrothersjutinbiebercough
Favorite Movie Soundtrack: GEORGE LUCAS
Disliked Movie Soundtrack: Never really payed attention.
Favorite Video Game soundtrack: KIRBY!
Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: Atari 5200 *coughnomusicatallcough*
Favorite Song: Everything on my iPod playlist
Most Disliked song: Baby baby, baby OOOOOHHHHHHH
Favorite Album: Don't get me tangled with all that album crap.
Swan Song: Bohemian Rhapsody
-Swan Song: Baby, baby, baby OOOOOHHHHHHH
Cruising Song: LOW RIDER
Highway Song: Through the fire & Fames
Most Calming song: September (By Earth Wind & Fire)
Invigorating Song: Without a Fight
Song I never get Tired of: The ultimate ******** of Ultimate Destiny
TSICGTROMYWEHIA: Baby, baby, Baby OOOOOHHHHHHH CRAP.
Old July 18, 2010, 11:02:33 AM
Volcarona

IT'S TIEM FOR PIEXING TO GREATLY IMPROVE THIS THREAD CAPSLOCK :L
--------------------

Favorite Band[s]: KYUSSKYUSSKYUSS, Rage Against the Machine, Queens of the Stone Age, Powerglove

Most Disliked Band[s]: Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Nickelback, Creed

Favorite ... Vocalist: I think I'll only pick one rather than list a bunch like I was going to. Zack de la Rocha.

Guitarist: Can it be a tie? If so, I say both Tom Morello and Josh Homme. If not, pick one.

Bassist: Can it be a tie? If so, I say both Les Claypool and Scott Reeder. If not, pick one. :3 MINDCHANGE my favorite bassist is Jean Baudin. f'realz.

Drummer: Can it be a tie? If-- no, I think I'll just say, uh, uh, uh Brant Bjork I guess. ;3;

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Rock, particularly of the Palm Desert, California variety, metal, particularly not of the recently popular homogeneous variety

Most Disliked Genre[s]: Most country, whatever one would call the type of music with Autotuned vocals and a backing track that anyone could have created in a few minutes with OpenMPT

Favorite Movie Soundtrack: DAHHH I dunno.

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack: DAHHH I dunno.

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: This is a hard one, so I'mma just leave a list here: Chrono Trigger, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Megaman 2, probablyplentyofothersthati'veforgotten

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: DAHHH I dunno.

Favorite Song: This is a tough choice. I'll just say "Killing in the Name".

Most Disliked Song: I can't decide on a specific song that I hate more than the other ones I hate.

Favorite Album: Rage Against the Machine, with Blues for the Red Sun in close second

Most Disliked Album: See Most Disliked Song

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]: It'd be pretty sweet to die to Black Sabbath's self-titled song, but that'd be kind of scary so I'm going with "Solitude". :3

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Most anything played on Top 40 radio would fit this.

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Slow and relaxed, eh? Hmm . . . "Time to Fly" by Fu Manchu is a pretty good song to have really loud while driving around town slowrelaxedchillblehbleh. MINDCHANGE: Anything by Hello Kitty Suicide Club. 8D

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: "Highway 74" by Kyuss. That's what it's about. :3

Most Calming Song: "I Was a Teenage Hand Model" by Queens of the Stone Age.

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]: "Burning Fight" by Inside Out is pretty H-core, bro. :3

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of: Mindchange: "Beyond the Black Hole" by Gamma Ray. It's the best song of forever.

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of:

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again:

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again:
Do I really need to answer those four three?
--------------------

I've removed most of the ones that I'd answer with "No", "I dunno", or "dafpjw3pijw34".

I occasionally listen to skweee. :3

I don't think there are any. I listen to some bands of which most people haven't heard, but there are still many people who listen to all of them.

I don't know if there are any to which I know every single word, but Rage Against the Machine at least comes really close.

If you could only listen to one band's discography, both existing and content-to-be, for the rest of your life, and you couldn't listen to any other music, who would you pick?
IMPOSSIBLE

Honestly, has music made any significant impact on your life? How? What band or song helped you through a rough time?
I wouldn't say I've been helped through a rough time by music, but it's certainly had a significant impact on my life. It's exposed me to political issues and sech, and has allowed me to say "sech" and still be serious. Well, I wish it would. 3:

Would you change any listening patterns you have? For instance, would you listen to a genre close to, but outside of, your preferred genres?
My listening patterns already do change a bit. I don't stop listening to what I already listen to, but if I hear something I really like I look into it. But I still stay with my favorites.

Dio because he's Dio. :3

How important is music to you? Is it just tunes in the background to you, or something more...?
Certainly more than that. At the least I find music to be the greatest form of entertainment. At their best lyrics can be as great as the best poetry, and the emotion is even greater with music. I like having music in the background when doing other things, but to truly appreciate it it must be heard without distraction.

More honesty! Do you prefer 8-bit covers of real-world-band songs, or real-world covers of 8-bit songs?
I prefer the latter because it shows how the artist imagined the song would be when played with real instruments. The former is just changing a song's style to one that's already established, but turning an 8-bit song into one to be played on real instruments requires creativity and, eh, stuff. *cough*Powerglove*cough*

Last edited by piexing; July 29, 2010 at 09:44:59 PM.
Old July 18, 2010, 06:58:16 PM
Haxorus

Favorite Band[s]: x3

Symphony X, Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Winter, Kamelot, Tarot, Rush, Primus, Loudness, Pantera, Megadeth, old 'Tallica, Iron Maiden, Mastodon, SoaD, anything Buckethead does, Epica, SlipKnoT, Echoes of Eternity, Zero Hour, Wizard, Amon Amarth, Dio, Tool, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Squidlick, Dethklok, Lacuna Coil, Shadow Gallery, Allen/Lande, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Chthonic, Cynic, Sirenia, Lamb of God, Behemoth, Good Looking Asian Teenager, Labyrinth, The Dawn Chose Orion, Coheed And Cambria, Cradle of Filth, Rob/White Zombie, Green Jell˙, GWAR... um... o_o; That's offa the top of my head...

Most Disliked Band[s]: Justin Beiber [Ugh], Lady Gaga, Rick Astley, and Lordi. >:C

Favorite Vocalist: Four-way win there: Francine Boucher, Sir Russel Allen, Kahn, and Geddy Lee.

Guitarist: Four-way tie, oddly enough: Michael Romeo, Buckethead, John Pettruci, and Dimebag Darryl.

Bassist: Moar four-way tie: Geddy Lee, John Myung, Les Claypool, and Michael LePond. >:3

Drummer: Guess what? THREE WAY TIE! Didn't see that comin', didja?!: Mike Portnoy, Jason Rullo, and Hellhammer.

Pianist/Keyboard Player: As there's not too many of them out there, just Jordan Rudess and Michael Pinella.

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Progressive Metal. >:3 In all of it's wonderful flavors.

Most Disliked Genre[s]:Quite honestly? Rap, and every off-shoot therein.

Favorite Movie Soundtrack: Spinal Tap. >:3

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack: A Knight's Tale. All of it was completely unnecessary. :l

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: Tie there, between both Golden Suns and Phantasy Star Online, all incarnations.

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: Full Auto II. >:c Beautiful composed symphonic techno that melts into Screamo when you encounter a rare enemy. Nothnx.

Favorite Song: Right now? Communion And The Oracle - Symphony X, The Count of Tuscany - Dream Theater, and Point of View - Fates Warning. This will change next week, probably.

Most Disliked Song: Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard. Everytime I am forced to hear that song, I want to strangle myself with barbed wire.

Favorite Album: Oddly enough, Symphony X's Twilight In Olympus, System of a Down's Steal This Album!, and Megadeth's The System Has Failed.

Most Disliked Album: That's easily Tool's Lateralus. Most of the album is pointless. >.< Only a few actual songs.

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]: Through The Looking Glass - Symphony X.

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Rick Astley's Never Gonna give You Up.

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Orion The Hunter - Symphony X

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: Slaughterhouse - Loudness.

Most Calming Song: The Accolade - Symphony X.

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]: Bleeding Dust - Tarot.

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of: Through The Looking Glass - Symphony X, The Bear Song - Green Jell˙, and Savior - Loudness.

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of: System Of A Down's Steal This Album, and Loudness' Metal Mad.

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Zombie - The Cranberries.

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Good News for People Who Love Bad News - Modest Mouse.

--------------------

Optional section accepted.

Do you have any songs that, by themselves, changed your life, be it from a personal standpoint, or entirely, from the ground up? - That'll be Test For Echo - Rush. When I was younger, I was under the impression that Heavy Metal [Iron Maiden, Pantera, 'Tallica, ect] was the only form of music in the world, and everything else sucked. But when I heard Rush, my standpoint changed entirely. The technicality, the simplicity, and the movement in the music spoke to me in a way I didn't know possible. I was forever changed over to Progressive. And Progressive, in turn, turned me into the person I am today. I wouldn't be anywhere near what I am now if not for Rush.

Do you remember the very first CD/Cassette you ever bought, received as a gift, or owned? Do you still have it? Moreso, do you still listen to it? - The first CD I ever owned was Rob Zombie's Superbeast. I still have the original CD, and it's that CD's copy that is on my HDD as we speak.

If you could meet any one band and pretty much be best friends with them, who would it be? - Symphony X. They're all amazing people, but at the same time, they're modest and chill. I couldn't imagine being friends with any other band, really. D:

What genre of music do you listen to that you consider obscure? - I have a pension for French Club Bossa, if you can believe it. o3o It's just fun music.

What band do you listen to that you think nobody else does? - I know for a fact nobody knows who Good Looking Asian Teenager is, but I have two of his albums. xD;;

Do you know every single word to any albums? Which? - The entire discography of Dream Theater, Symphony X, SoaD, Loudness, and SlipKnoT. :3

If you could only listen to one band's discography, both existing and content-to-be, for the rest of your life, and you couldn't listen to any other music, who would you pick? - Rush. Even though I love me some Symphony X, rush is still way way up there for me.

You're heading out to begin your Pokemon adventure! But oh no! You can only bring the entire discography of five bands! Who do you pick? [Setting aside bit rates and album size, and all that.] - [All albums would be in 320k/ps btw.] Symphony X [Durr], Rush, Dream Theater, Kamelot, and Loudness. n.n

Honestly, has music made any significant impact on your life? How? What band or song helped you through a rough time? - Yes. My family has always been gifted musically, and I am no exception. It's always meant a lot to this family, enough so that I would rather be blind than deaf, and unable to play any video games, drive, or much else, just so I could listen to music.

In reality, the band that really had the most profound impact on my life is Rush, with Symphony X a close second. It wasn't so much about getting me through rough times, but it was about life. Neil Peart wrote a lot of the songs about life, not about his own personal struggles or anything selfish. Each song was a story, with a moral, structure, and true meaning. He's like a father to me, kinda. xD

Would you change any listening patterns you have? For instance, would you listen to a genre close to, but outside of, your preferred genres? - I would, if I could. I'd like to inject more Classical into my listening patterns, but Prog is just so tempting... ;3;

If you could revive any fallen musician, who would it be? Why? - Ronnie, man. Dio was a God. Not asking for his revival would be insane.

How important is music to you? Is it just tunes in the background to you, or something more...? - It's my life. xD Even as I type this, I'm cradling my Ibanez in my lap, considering which song I should blaze through... If I could have music playing around me constantly, I would.

More honesty! Do you prefer 8-bit covers of real-world-band songs, or real-world covers of 8-bit songs? - Honestly, I love both. xD Examples are, like Piexing said, Powerglove, but more importantly, The Minibosses representing Metal covers of 8-bit... But I also do have entire albums of real-world music in 8-bit... xD The best song being The Divine Wings of Tragedy - Symphony X, written entirely in 8-bit. It's wonderful.

Last Honesty! Is there a band, or bands, that you feel ashamed to listen to, considering they're outside of your genres, or typical choice of music? Any particular reason why? - Hanni Kohl. xD Because I'm not usually a fan of anything that has -Core on the end of it. Except for Armored Core. o_o

Almost done! If you could have the entire discography of any band in Instrumental [No vocals] form, which band would it be? Why? - Dream Theater. :l I appreciate James' vocals, but he's a terrible vocalist sometimes.

Last question! ... Okay, it's not really a question. Above all else. This doesn't have to describe you, or your life, or anything, really. What is your all time favorite phrase of lyrics? [Let's keep it short, ladies and gents. No copy/pasting all of the song's lyrics. Lets' keep it to like, two/for lines, kay? ^.^]

"But in the face of misery, she found hopefulness... Feeling better, she would whether this depression"

~ Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence, Dream Theater
Old July 18, 2010, 07:08:32 PM
Giratina

Oh my, Thomas, how much I would love to Rickroll you.
Old July 21, 2010, 03:54:14 PM
Haxorus

Favorite Band[s]: Queens of the Stone Age

Most Disliked Band[s]: Anything that I wouldn't consider rock music

Favorite ... Vocalist: Zach de la Rocha

Guitarist: Zakk Wylde

Bassist: John Entwhistle

Drummer: David Grohl

[Optional] Pianist/Keyboard Player: Serj Tankian

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Make an assesment.

Most Disliked Genre[s]: UGLY TECHNO SYNTHPOP EEEEEEEEEEEEWWW

Favorite Movie Soundtrack: Shrek

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack: Titanic

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: Grandia 3

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: Pokémon Heartgold. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE LAVENDER TOWN'S THEME SO MUCH!?!?!?

Favorite Song: Turnin' on the Screw

Most Disliked Song: Poker Face

Favorite Album: Era Vulgaris

Most Disliked Album: Fame

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]: Bittersweet Symphony

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Big Empty

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Even Flow

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: I Don't Wanna Stop

Most Calming Song: Hey Saturday Sun

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]: roygbiv

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of: Chromakey Dreamcoat

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of: The Campfire Headphase

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Scream (A7X)

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Face Value

--------------------

Do you have any songs that, by themselves, changed your life, be it from a personal standpoint, or entirely, from the ground up? No.

Do you remember the very first CD/Cassette you ever bought, received as a gift, or owned? Do you still have it? Moreso, do you still listen to it? Americana. No, I don't have it still.

If you could meet any one band and pretty much be best friends with them, who would it be? Stone Temple Pilots

What genre of music do you listen to that you consider obscure? I occasionally dabble in a little of Warp Record's earworm brainchild, IDM.

What band do you listen to that you think nobody else does? Boards of Canada

Do you know every single word to any albums? Which? I totally WISH!

If you could only listen to one band's discography, both existing and content-to-be, for the rest of your life, and you couldn't listen to any other music, who would you pick? Boards of Canada.

You're heading out to begin your Pokemon adventure! But oh no! You can only bring the entire discography of five bands! Who do you pick? [Setting aside bit rates and album size, and all that.] Queens of the Stone Age, Grizzly Bear, Boards of Canada, Norris (my own band, so how could I be without it) and Eels.

Honestly, has music made any significant impact on your life? How? What band or song helped you through a rough time? Epically. I remember a rough period where I was suicidal, but my band's music pretty much eradicated those thoughts.

Would you change any listening patterns you have? For instance, would you listen to a genre close to, but outside of, your preferred genres? Yes.

If you could revive any fallen musician, who would it be? Why? JIMI HENDRIX EVERYBODY WOULD THAT'S A NO-BRAINER YAAAAAAH

How important is music to you? Is it just tunes in the background to you, or something more...? I can't survive unless I play at least one note on my piano each day.

More honesty! Do you prefer 8-bit covers of real-world-band songs, or real-world covers of 8-bit songs? The former.

Last Honesty! Is there a band, or bands, that you feel ashamed to listen to, considering they're outside of your genres, or typical choice of music? Any particular reason why? Boards of Canada. They're listed as IDM, which stands for "Intelligent Dance Music."

Almost done! If you could have the entire discography of any band in Instrumental [No vocals] form, which band would it be? Why? Beck. His music was epic enough that he got a track to be remixed by BOARDS OF CANADA! They're the biggest name in IDM, which, as you can tell by previous posts, is a really indie, underground movement.

Last question! ... Okay, it's not really a question. Above all else. This doesn't have to describe you, or your life, or anything, really. What is your all time favorite phrase of lyrics? [Let's keep it short, ladies and gents. No copy/pasting all of the song's lyrics. Lets' keep it to like, two/for lines, kay? ^.^] "My generation don't trust noone, (it's hard to blame) not even ourselves!"

Last edited by emperorempoleon2; July 23, 2010 at 12:28:13 PM. Reason: Technomancer threatened me. And his name is Technomancer. I was afraid he'd force my USB camera to beat me to a pulp.
Old July 24, 2010, 01:23:30 PM
Haxorus

I recieved an infraction for a hateful comment in my last post, and I removed said comment before the infraction was given.

I believe this apology is due: Yes, Techno, I don't like your hatred to certain music, but I'll stop insulting you, and I withdraw my previous statement.
Old July 25, 2010, 05:24:19 PM
Zoroark

Favorite Band[s]: Genesis, Queen, Exodus, Lady Gaga. That's right, I said it. Don't hate.

Most Disliked Band[s]: Any of those retarted Disney bands. Justin Bieber, Jonas Bros, Miley Cyrus, stuff like that.

Favorite Vocalist: Ozzy Osbourne

Guitarist: Angus Young

Bassist: lol idk

Drummer: Phil Collins

[Optional] Pianist/Keyboard Player: Liberace. lol

Favorite Music Genre[s]: Techno, classic rock, good metal

Most Disliked Genre[s]: Metal that consists of nothing but ear-rape screaming

Favorite Movie Soundtrack: Forrest Gump

Most Disliked Movie Soundtrack: Dunno

Favorite Video Game Soundtrack: Crash Bandicoot 3- Dingodile Battle

Most Disliked Game Soundtrack: Pokemon DPPt- Dialga/Palkia Battle

Favorite Song: Kid Rock- Rock n Roll Jesus

Most Disliked Song: The Clash- Should I Stay or Should I Go

Favorite Album: Motley Crue- Red, White, and Crue

Most Disliked Album: None really

Swan Song [Song you'd be okay dying to/prefer to die to]: Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody

The Exact Opposite Of Your Swan Song [Wouldn't be caught dead listening to it]: Anything by anyone in the "Most Disliked Bands" section

Cruising Song [Driving around town, slow, relaxed, chill, windows down, blaring it for all to hear]: Phil Collins- In The Air Tonight

Highway Song [Blasting down the highway at 140 m/ph with this jammed on 11]: Mortal Kombat Theme

Most Calming Song: Phil Collins- Another Day in Paradise

Most Invigorating Song [Getting pumped up, adrenaline rushing]: Ozzy Osbourne- Bark at the Moon

The Song You Can Never Get Tired Of: See Above

The Album You Can Never Get Tired Of: Scatman John- Scatman's World

The Song You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Drowning Pool (I think)- Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

The Album You Can Go The Rest Of Your Life Without Hearing Ever Again: Some crappy Justin Bieber album

--------------------

Do you have any songs that, by themselves, changed your life, be it from a personal standpoint, or entirely, from the ground up?
Well, that's a long story... Several songs and music in general got me through a really trying time.

Do you remember the very first CD/Cassette you ever bought, received as a gift, or owned? Do you still have it? Moreso, do you still listen to it?
I don't believe so.

If you could meet any one band and pretty much be best friends with them, who would it be?
Lady Gaga, because she could probably hook me up with someone who can give me a machine gun arm. She has machine gun boobs so why not? Nah 4srs though, chilling with her for a day would be interesting.

There's no real name for it, but I consider it to be Steampunk music.

[ Cell 7 ]

No. I can't even remember the words to a single song. Crappy memory ftl.

[i]Ozzy. Nuff said.[/b]

You're heading out to begin your Pokemon adventure! But oh no! You can only bring the entire discography of five bands! Who do you pick? [Setting aside bit rates and album size, and all that.]
Genesis, Ozzy, Kid Rock, Lady Gaga, and Queen.

Queen and Genesis mainly. A lot of their music is really uplifting to me.

Of course. I'm always looking for new music.

Scatman John, because he is amazing.

It makes every moment of life more epic.

8-bit Covers. Not gonna lie, 8-bit Thriller = Win.

Last Honesty! Is there a band, or bands, that you feel ashamed to listen to, considering they're outside of your genres, or typical choice of music? Any particular reason why?
Well I'm not ashamed of it, but I do keep it a secret generally that I listen to Lady Gaga, for obvious reasons.

Almost done! If you could have the entire discography of any band in Instrumental [No vocals] form, which band would it be? Why?
Ozzy. Because it is win.

Last question! ... Okay, it's not really a question. Above all else. This doesn't have to describe you, or your life, or anything, really. What is your all time favorite phrase of lyrics?
Oh, there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees.
We got bills to pay,
We got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.