Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Battling and Trading Archive > Rate My Team

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2011, 05:59:20 PM
Regigigas

Post My VGC 2011 Team

Exported to text via Pokemon (DISALLOWED).

Amoonguss (M) @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 124 HP / 148 Def / 92 SAtk / 144 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ingrain
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Toxic

Idk (Reuniclus) (M) @ Odd Incense
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 152 SAtk / 52 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Dream Eater
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Vanilluxe (F) @ Icy Rock
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 8 HP / 172 Def / 152 SAtk / 176 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Hail
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 116 Atk / 144 Def / 120 SAtk / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- U-turn
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Dragon Rush

(Haxorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 132 Atk / 184 Def / 192 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Outrage

Ice King (Cryogonal) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 244 Def / 128 SAtk / 136 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Light Screen[/size]

Amoongus was originally part of a team that involved Sunny Day, and that didn't work out so well. Ingrain, Giga Drain, and Toxic is just to keep it stable and having HP aplenty, in the case it need to defend for itself. (It seemed to work in one battle where it came down to Reniclulus vs. Philomena, I worked my Toxic on it to build up damage and repeated Giga Drain as it repeatedly roosted in a desperate attempt. The toxic eventually overpowered his Philomena.) The meadow plate is just for a tiny bit of support as well.

I gave it Spore to put opponents to sleep following with Reniculus using Dream Eater in succession to make it a STAB combination. Trick room was designed for pretty much my whole team, as you can see I did not invest in speed ev's at all here. There's only three moves on Reniculus because I exported this team in the middle of editing, so feel free to suggest revisions to his moveset. Psychic is also an effort at creating a STAB move, especially for fighting types. It hasn't shown any promise yet. Trick Room is to generally support anything I throw out there, because as you can see I did not bother to invest in speed ev's. He is missing a 4th move because I exported this team in the middle of editing.

Vanilluxe is an effort with collaboration with Crygonal to overwhelm opponents with Blizzard and Hail, the Ice Rock extending the duration of it, and taking advantage of Vanlilluxe's ability Ice Body to be healed as welll. Ice Beam is for single pokemon, usually in the last stages of battle, especially when Flying types. I'm not sure exactly where I was going with Protect, though. Reflect and Light Screen added in with a Light Clay on Crygonal helps keep up the already decent defenses.

Haxorus is basically a lead pokemon designed to rush with Swords Dance + Dragon Claw to get an extra STAB boost. It's pretty much a standalone pokemon and I'm not sure if I even want to use him anymore. Hydreigon held the same purpose as Haxxorus, minus the Swords Dance boost, but having Earthquake to cover both Pokemon if used in conjunction with Crygonal to avoid hurting your partner as well. Dragon Rush is a STAB attempt, and U-turn and Fly are just...there.

My success with this has been somewhat okay, but my weaknesses has been Thundurus and other Hydreigon, and the occasional Scraggly. Anything that can lead straight off in the beginning of the battle and smash both of my two lead pokemon in a matter of two or three turns. It's a real pain. Attatched Linked, I have a log from Pokemon (DISALLOWED) as an example, including the one mentioned earlier where Toxic and Giga Drain + Ingrain pulled through for me. Thanks for any suggestions!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8vvftx

(There's explicit language in this log, so you have been forewarned.)

Last edited by DashArmy; May 23, 2011 at 05:59:57 PM.
Old May 31, 2011, 01:01:44 PM
Landorus

That is a very interesting combination. The only thing I sorta didn't like is that You need doulble battles for it to be efective. But that's my only complaint, but that's one team I would never want to fiddle with.
Good luck with battling! I hope you have many victorys! Victory is probably your's!