Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Announcements > News Archive > Victory News

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 14, 2011, 08:59:24 PM
Administrator

Default Victory News Issue #4 Feedback/Suggestions

Please use this thread as feedback for the fourth issue of Victory News.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 14, 2011 at 09:03:52 PM.
Old May 15, 2011, 04:23:45 AM
Giratina

Okay, I'd like to clarify one thing on my behalf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victini Bot
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience on behalf of Cat333Pokémon and the rest of the Victory Road News Staff for a rather serious error made in the recently issued newsletter.

The third item under Forum News mentions sexual harassment of a member. While we would still like members to be reminded that harassment is a very serious offense and highly inappropriate, and the incident remarked included a variety of vulgar words and phrases not suitable for the general audience of Victory Road, it was deemed to not be an actual case of sexual harassment but rather a slight exaggeration and series of jumps to conclusions. However, the activity is still against the forum rules and is not to be taken lightly.

Thank you,
Cat333Pokémon & Victory Road News Staff
I'd like to point out that while discussing the VRIM issue, the majority of the staff members referred to it as 'sexual harassment' (including Cat), which explains why I referred to it like that in the newsletter. However, as it turned out, the incident could not be called 'sexual harassment' (technically speaking), so Cat had to make the correction. Therefore, I'd like to apologize for this minor error, and I hope you guys understood the situation.

Last edited by Shadow; May 16, 2011 at 07:36:09 AM.
Old May 15, 2011, 06:35:48 AM
Rayquaza

I am really interested in knowing your opinion about the new game of Sudoku. Was it interesting or boring? Should I post more of it later on and do you like having a harder one of it? Plus, if anyone has any suggestions of a game, then please do send your suggestions to me.
Old May 15, 2011, 10:18:53 AM
Zoroark

I didn't get the newsletter

EDIT: come to think of it, I didn't even get April's!

Last edited by coteup; May 15, 2011 at 10:29:19 AM.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:51:34 AM
Haxorus

I didn't get this one.
Old May 16, 2011, 05:54:48 AM
Rayquaza

That is quite strange. I will contact Cat to see why the mass PM didn't work. For the time being, the newsletter is in the last post of the records thread.
Old May 16, 2011, 01:54:56 PM
Haxorus

"If you resend the PM, get rid of the sexual harassment notice entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
minor error
It wasn't minor, it was major because not only did you break the rules in sending it, you sent it to pretty much every member "

Last edited by Dragiiin123; May 16, 2011 at 02:04:01 PM.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:10:05 AM
Rayquaza

I would like you guys to post here.
Old May 17, 2011, 10:07:18 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragiiin123 View Post
"If you resend the PM, get rid of the sexual harassment notice entirely.

It wasn't minor, it was major because not only did you break the rules in sending it, you sent it to pretty much every member "
-I'm a Global Moderator who is in charge and knows the rules fully well, not you.
-I asked Cat for permission to publish the article so that all members avoid such behaviour in the future, and he agreed.
-I didn't commit a sin. I simply used a term which did not describe the situation as technically as Cat wanted, and which the majority of staff members used when discussing the incident. Hell, even Cat himself referred to it like that.
-You are in no position whatsoever to tell me what to do when you haven't got any clue. FYI: only members below a number of 500 got the newsletter, which accounts for less than 25% of the total number of members.
Old May 17, 2011, 02:35:25 PM
Volcarona

Being a Global Moderator ≠ knowing everything and not needing to follow the rules. Cat said that he didn't read the final version and he agreed to make the amendment stating that what they did was not sexual harassment. He has changed his mind, and you really don't need to defend yourself so fiercely over one mistake. In addition, even if the PM wasn't sent to most members, it should have been, so that argument is invalid.
Old May 17, 2011, 03:18:49 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteup View Post
I didn't get the newsletter

EDIT: come to think of it, I didn't even get April's!
It is April Issue.

This one is nice. I think about maybe having users sumbitted article. The New Staff will pick the ones to get publish.
Old May 18, 2011, 06:10:09 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by piexing View Post
Being a Global Moderator ≠ knowing everything and not needing to follow the rules. Cat said that he didn't read the final version and he agreed to make the amendment stating that what they did was not sexual harassment. He has changed his mind, and you really don't need to defend yourself so fiercely over one mistake. In addition, even if the PM wasn't sent to most members, it should have been, so that argument is invalid.
And why are you stressed and commenting about such a minor issue? It is a simple mistake like any other mistake in this world's newspapers and magazines. The whole thing has been resolved, so I find no reason to go on with it. Simply, no more discussion about it.

Last edited by The Spirit of Time; May 19, 2011 at 10:08:26 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:39:56 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Any why are you stressed and commenting about such a minor issue? It is a simple mistake like any other mistake in this world's newspapers and magazines. The whole thing has been resolved, so I find no reason to go on with it. Simply, no more discussion about it.

The mistake you are making here is forbidding discussion. This isn't a country ruled by a dictator who gets to decide when the discussion ends; the discussion ends when one side is proven wrong by valid arguments.

Shadow's mistake is nothing more but a minor mistake, but the mistake you are making here - pretending to be superior simply because of the duty which has been put on your shoulders - is a much, much greater one.

Regarding Shadow's mistake, if anything the news about sexual harrasment on this site made me think HEY THIS MIGHT BE INTERESTING and come back. Even negative publicity is publicity.

tl;dr don't be a ******** to members only because they say otherwise than you

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; May 19, 2011 at 04:15:29 AM.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:52:50 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
-I'm a Global Moderator who is in charge and knows the rules fully well, not you.
-I asked Cat for permission to publish the article so that all members avoid such behaviour in the future, and he agreed.
-I didn't commit a sin. I simply used a term which did not describe the situation as technically as Cat wanted, and which the majority of staff members used when discussing the incident. Hell, even Cat himself referred to it like that.
-You are in no position whatsoever to tell me what to do when you haven't got any clue. FYI: only members below a number of 500 got the newsletter, which accounts for less than 25% of the total number of members.
wow lookit dat mad.

1-cool bro
2-Never said you committed a sin. You keep going on as if I put it "OMG WHY YOU DO THAT YOU DUMB IDIOT." When I didnt.
3-Pointing out your mistakes =/= acting like someone with a higher position then you.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:09:12 PM
Kyurem

All this arguing aside, from what I saw in the records thread, this issue seemed good.
The Sudoku addition was alright, but it didn't seem like it fit in a Pokemon newsletter. And may I suggest a new game, Spirit. Maybe creating a crossword puzzle with random Pokemon names. The hints could maybe be a part of the Pokemon's dex information, or the area it's found.
Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Shiny; May 18, 2011 at 05:45:10 PM.
Old May 19, 2011, 04:17:48 AM
Administrator

When this issue is re-sent so all users will receive it, the corrected newsletter will have the questionable item removed. Please do not revert this thread to discussion of that item. Thank you.
Old May 19, 2011, 10:11:39 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
All this arguing aside, from what I saw in the records thread, this issue seemed good.
The Sudoku addition was alright, but it didn't seem like it fit in a Pokemon newsletter. And may I suggest a new game, Spirit. Maybe creating a crossword puzzle with random Pokemon names. The hints could maybe be a part of the Pokemon's dex information, or the area it's found.
Just a suggestion.
I was thinking of something like that, but adjusting names that would match and correspond with each other is hard and takes a lot of time. I might work on it, but not in the foreseeable future.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:15:25 AM
Volcarona

I quite liked the addition of a Sudoku puzzle. Though as Shiny pointed out it seemed a little out of place is a Pokemon newsletter. Maybe you could replace the numbers with letters of a Pokemon name?
(It'd need to be 9 letters long and not have the same letter more than once)
Old May 21, 2011, 09:11:07 AM
Keldeo

The newsletter's presentation was a pretty good thing this time.

Last edited by JC; May 21, 2011 at 09:36:54 PM. Reason: Ok, Thanks Shadow for that info, just be wary next time alright :P
Old May 30, 2011, 03:36:10 PM
Kyurem

Question that concerns next News Letter, with Spirit gone for a while (maybe forever) who will take care of the Game Corner and with Shadow leaving until June 17th for exams who will take his spot? I know this doesn't have to do with the 4 Issue but it is an important question.