Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 21, 2012, 02:14:02 PM
Administrator

Default Nintendo Force

So Nintendo Power is gone ... OR IS IT!?

A new magazine has been announced, called Nintendo Force. While not directly NP, it still keeps the spirit and feel of it alive and is being produced by many big-time Nintendo fans (many which you might already recognize). It should be released January and more details about it will be revealed soon.
Old December 21, 2012, 02:24:48 PM
Administrator

Ooh, sweet, I'll definitely be subscribing to that if it starts anytime soon.

Also, a tip to anyone who still wants to order from Future. Their inventory is definitely going crazy, as my credit card has been charged five separate times for my order (with a different amount each), getting refunded before each new charge.
Old January 23, 2013, 07:12:50 PM
Administrator

Well, I should've seen it coming: Nintendo Force is rather expensive:
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/497452

I hope there comes a cheaper option in the future. What's funny is that debut issue will be worth a lot if that happens.
Old February 8, 2013, 03:49:44 PM
Administrator

It looks like Nintendo Force subscriptions are now available! $30 for a print subscription is a much better price.

https://checkout.subscriptiongenius....emagazine.com/

Full e-mail:

Quote:
Subscriptions are live! Click on this link to go straight to the purchase page:

https://checkout.subscriptiongenius....emagazine.com/

Go for it! And then you can come back here and read some more details.

. . .

You're back? OK. First of all, thanks to each and every one of you for your patience as we've been getting this all set up. We put Issue #1 on sale exactly four weeks ago today, and I've personally been negotiating with printing companies, getting behind-the-scenes business stuff set up, putting together prices and all kinds of craziness every day since. But the result, I hope you'll agree, has been well worth your wait (and my hassle).

We've been able to reduce the price of printed issues significantly. That "$18 + shipping" cost for Issue #1 was a killer, I know. But because so many of you supported us even with that steep price, it proved that a large enough audience existed to be able to approach printing companies and get much, much better quotes for bulk orders of future issues.

So instead of 18 bucks + shipping per issue going forward, we're now able to offer print subscriptions that break down to just five bucks per issue. Five! With shipping included in that! I think you'll all agree that $29.99 is a better total price for a year's worth of our magazine, considering it would have been something like $125 or more if we stuck with just print-on-demand.

International shipping isn't much extra, either. If you live in Canada and want a print subscription, it's just an extra five bucks to cover the added cost of shipping across the border. And everywhere else on the planet, it's just a one-time ten dollar charge. You could be living in Brazil, or the Netherlands, or Japan, or Australia or anywhere else on the globe and get our mag in your own mailbox for just ten bucks more than if you lived across the street from Kevin Cassidy. Not bad.

Digital subscriptions, of course, are the same low rate no matter where you live. $19.99 for those, which, compared to the $4.99 price we offered for #1 by itself, means you're getting the equivalent of two issues for free.

And if you bundle? Even better! Those picking the Print + Digital combo option will enjoy the best value overall, as it saves you ten dollars when you buy both versus the alternative of purchasing them separately.

So there you have it, NF fans! Go and get yourself a subscription. And tell your friends, too! The more subscribers we have, the more often we'll be able to offer bonus items like posters for our print subscribers. (Because yes, posters are making a comeback – confirmed.)

Have other questions? Stayed tuned for a comprehensive update to our website's F.A.Q. that will address anything else soon.

Thanks for all your support! You guys rock!

Lucas M. Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
Old January 28, 2016, 04:45:50 PM
Administrator

Wow, a bump after three years.

Anyway, they're giving away the Iwata issue (#17) for free. Anybody who wants it can "order" it from here:
http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com...roctober-2015/

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; January 28, 2016 at 04:46:04 PM.