Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old December 3, 2014, 08:29:33 AM

Default [IMPORTANT] Error Code 160-0103 Caused by Smash Bros Wii U and Other Wii U Titles

A new error has surfaced concerning Smash Bros Wii U that causes the game to be unplayable and may affect the Wii U system memory as a whole. Some people tried a system memory wipe, but that only caused the entire system to stop working, forcing people to send their Wii U to Nintendo for repairs.

My friends have actually encountered this error code when they were starting up Smash Bros on my Wii U. Although it made the game unplayable for them earlier, the game worked fine for me just a few minutes ago, so the problem seems to be random.

Quote:
While there are multiple reports of the issue, they vary slightly in specifics and severity. Some users say they're unable to play Super Smash Bros, but others have reported that their console simply stopped working after they attempted to reformat the device and had to ship it to Nintendo for repairs.
Link to the article:http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...per-smash-bros

Someone also made a video showcasing said error

Last edited by Reuniclus; December 3, 2014 at 08:40:52 AM.
Old December 3, 2014, 10:20:43 AM
Administrator

This isn't directly related to Smash, it is a general system memory error. The flash memory has a corrupt save, and doing a system format can cause the system not to come up entirely.

Only reason people are thinking it is Smash is because how many copies of the game (and new system owners as a result of it) are sold. This has been a rare problem since release. Nintendo is looking into the issue.
Old December 3, 2014, 11:12:08 AM
Administrator

I've heard about this, and it sounds quite scary. I heard what specifically causes it is turning the system off while saving.
Old December 3, 2014, 01:27:09 PM
Kyurem

Non-WiiU owner here: is there not some sort of file manager like the Xbox or Playstation where you can view everything saved to memory and delete what might be corrupted?