Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 5, 2016, 09:42:19 AM
Joltik

Default Kirby: Planet Robobot

Kirby: Planet Robobot came out in the US on June 10th, 2016, and I got this game on the launch day. I always adored Kirby as a character, and I even watched some of the Kirby: Right Back at Ya anime as a kid. However, I never played a Kirby game until Planet Robobot. This game was a lot of fun, and the Robobot suit was awesome. I highly recommend this game to anyone who like platforms or having fun.

Last edited by Mega Man; July 5, 2016 at 01:19:43 PM.
Old July 5, 2016, 12:04:14 PM
Administrator

If you want classic Kirby action, I recommend the two games I played a lot as a kid. They are Kirby's Adventure (NES) and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64). There are plenty more great titles, but those two I had a ton of fun with.
Old July 5, 2016, 03:54:46 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
If you want classic Kirby action, I recommend the two games I played a lot as a kid. They are Kirby's Adventure (NES) and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64). There are plenty more great titles, but those two I had a ton of fun with.
Thank you for the advice! I did hear they are both fantastic games. I might download Kirby's Adventure on the Nintendo 3DS' Eshop, but currently I have a lot of backlog of games franchises that I want to try so I might wait a little bit until I play another Kirby game. I do not own a N64 or Wii U, so I probably would not be able to play Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards anytime soon. I also heard that both Kirby Super Star (SNES) and Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) are really good games. I do not know if you played either of those games yet.

Last edited by Mega Man; July 5, 2016 at 03:54:56 PM.
Old July 5, 2016, 07:03:37 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat333Pokémon View Post
When it comes to Kirby, you can't go wrong with the Dreamland trilogy and the Dark Matter trilogy (Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64.) But one of the greatest of them all is Kirby Super Star Ultra for the Nintendo DS. I large collection of mini Kirby games with tons of replayability, zany action, and fantastic music.

Another interesting one, though a departure from classic Kirby action, is Kirby's Epic Yarn. A very light Kirby experience, though a very touching and extremely cute one.
Old July 5, 2016, 10:10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
I do not own a N64 or Wii U, so I probably would not be able to play Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards anytime soon
I believe it's also on the Virtual Console for the Wii too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtwigX View Post
Another interesting one, though a departure from classic Kirby action, is Kirby's Epic Yarn. A very light Kirby experience, though a very touching and extremely cute one.
Oh yes, Epic Yarn is a light-hearted adventure with some amazing music. If you can, team up with a buddy to play. It's not a difficult game in the slightest, and you cannot die, but it's worth a playthrough.