Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon X and Y

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 11, 2013, 02:26:58 PM
Kyurem

Default GPFTW Does a Mono-Grass Pokémon Y Run [CONTAINS SPOILERS AND STUFF]

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 1: OHEHMGEEEE

So I began the game today, and needless to say I am pumped. More so than everything, though, I love the soundtrack! It's just so nice to listen to! I could literally spend hours just sitting in the Santalune Forest listening to that music...heeee...

Anyways, my plan for this game is...surprise, surprise...to do a mono-Grass run! Well, for the most part, anyway. You'll see what I mean. But in any case, I went about receiving my starter, Chespin, who I subsequently nicknamed Chesknight. Then I wrecked Shauna's Froakie in battle because Water-types got nothing on Grass-types. Nothin'.

After delivering Augustine Sycamore's letter to my in-game mother (Augustine Sycamore...awesome name...) I went along to Route 2 (apparently routes have other names too!) and into Santalune Forest. Interesting how many wild Pokémon can be found this early in the game...in any case, I went ahead and caught a Pansage and trained her up.

At Route 3, I grinded some more and caught a Burmy. Yes, Burmy isn't technically a Grass-type, per se, but since it's female and will thus evolve into a Wormadam at some point, I decided to be kind and make an exception for it. Hey, I would have done it for Flabébé if it evolved into a partial-Grass-type. But it doesn't. Ew.

Anyways, I end this post right before the Santalune Gym. Bug-types...this should be interesting, but I have a little ace up my sleeve...heehee...

Current Team    

Name:  IrW2x3t.png
Views: 580
Size:  14.8 KB
  • Chesknight - Chespin - ♂
  • Level: 12
  • Stats: 37 / 21 / 21 / 17 / 16 / 14
  • Ability: Overgrow
  • Characteristics: Hardy Nature (neutral), A little quick tempered.
  • Moves: Tackle / Bite / Vine Whip / Rollout
Name:  sLrwBKE.png
Views: 531
Size:  13.8 KB
  • Sage - Pansage - ♀
  • Level: 10
  • Stats: 32 / 16 / 15 / 16 / 13 / 18
  • Ability: Gluttony
  • Characteristics: Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD), Likes to relax.
  • Moves: Scratch / Vine Whip / Leer / Lick
Name:  fKvkue8.png
Views: 526
Size:  14.1 KB
  • Bouquet - Burmy - ♀
  • Level: 6
  • Stats: 22 / 9 / 12 / 9 / 11 / 9
  • Ability: Shed Skin
  • Characteristics: Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd), Somewhat of a clown.
  • Moves: Protect / --- / --- / ---

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 11, 2013 at 04:22:24 PM.
Old October 11, 2013, 04:49:55 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 2: It's Fantastic!

I literally haven't stopped playing Pokémon Y since my last entry. I'm beginning to think I have a problem.

Anyways, after training for a little while, I decided I was thoroughly prepared for the gym. The maze was annoying at best, especially as it now employs the diagonal directions that I'm not used to, I found myself bumping into the invisible walls that, had they not been there, would have led to my untimely demise. Anyways, three trainer battles later, I fought Viola...and let me just say...THE MUSIC...THE INTRO...IT'S SO EPIC!!!

Unfortunately, the battle did not live up to its intro, as the battle was over in three turns. Chesknight's Rollout came in handy, taking out Viola's Surskit in two hits, and the third hit OHKOing her Vivillon, so I guess she had a little unfortunate stroke that Rollout managed to hit all 3 times. With that done, I got the Bug Badge (real imaginative name, eh?) and was on my way to Route 3, previously blocked by Alexa for whatever reason.

Speaking of Alexa, I got the Exp. Share, which apparently has gotten a huge buff this generation and has made training much easier. I also caught a Budew while on this route, and fortunately, unlike in Diamond when I first had the "pleasure" of training a Budew, it was far more easy to train, both because of the plethora of Pokémon one can encounter along with the new mechanics of the Exp. Share.

Chesknight also evolved into Quilladin, which pleases me immensely. Route 3 was full of trainers, so I guess that doesn't surprise me. Well, on to the next area. Let's see where this takes me.

Current Team    

Name:  3EZJdUh.png
Views: 661
Size:  17.2 KB
  • Chesknight - Quilladin - ♂
  • Level: 17
  • Stats: 50 / 34 / 39 / 25 / 25 / 25
Name:  XHTpkQw.png
Views: 546
Size:  22.0 KB
  • Sage - Pansage - ♀
  • Level: 14
  • Stats: 41 / 22 / 19 / 20 / 17 / 24
  • Moves: Fury Swipes / Vine Whip / Leer / Lick
Name:  XntQDdp.png
Views: 527
Size:  17.3 KB
  • Bouquet - Burmy - ♀
  • Stats: 38 / 15 / 22 / 15 / 20 / 16
  • Moves: Protect / Tackle / --- / ---
Name:  tUfIlCy.png
Views: 508
Size:  14.9 KB
  • Romeo - Budew - ♂
  • Level: 13
  • Stats: 37 / 16 / 15 / 18 / 27 / 21
  • Ability: Natural Cure
  • Characteristics: Serious Nature (neutral), Somewhat vain.
  • Moves: Mega Drain / Growth / Water Sport / Stun Spore
Old October 11, 2013, 09:03:47 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 3: The Rich Sure are Lazy

I'm marathoning this, no doubt.

After Route 4 training was done, I went ahead and went on to Lumiose City and went to Augustine Sycamore's lab (still love that name). After wrecking the three Kanto starters with Chesknight's Rollout, I took his offer of his Bulbasaur and added him to my team, along with the Venusaurite which will come in handy later. Anyways, he sends us off to learn about the secrets of Mega Evolution.

That is, until we run into some guy who kind of looks like a more sinister version of Alder. I don't even remember what his name is. Whatever, he's probably not that important. [/sarcasm]. I also ran into Diantha, the actress person, who also doesn't seem all that important either. [/moresarcasm]

Then came a lot of grinding. I promptly evolved Bulbasaur (who I named Pomegranate to commemorate the fact that the 10-character limit is now 12 characters) into Ivysaur, and while I attempted to use Romeo more, he refused to cooperate and evolve. Getting Romeo to evolve into a Roselia may be more of a pain than I anticipated. Swadloon did not give me this trouble in B/W!

After grinding some more on Route 5, I made my way to Camphier City (how do you pronounce that!?) which seems to be one of those useless cities. And of course, we've got Snorlax posing as a natural barrier, so we had to go to the Parfum Palace to the north of it and find some guy's Furfrou, which was a truly tedious exercise. It wasn't all bad, though. I got to watch fireworks...IN 3D!!!!

Also Shauna seems to have the hots for me. *wink wink*

Anyways, going on with the plot, the owner of the castle handed us the Pokéflute so that Snorlax could be moved. I just love how Snorlax seems to plop down in the most inconvenient of places.

Current Team    

Name:  mycRraA.png
Views: 509
  • Level: 20
  • Stats: 57 / 40 / 45 / 29 / 29 / 30
Name:  CTomwA5.png
Views: 506
  • Sage - Pansage - ♀
  • Stats: 48 / 25 / 22 / 24 / 20 / 29
  • Moves: Fury Swipes / Vine Whip / Leech Seed / Lick
Name:  zrASjkM.png
Views: 489
Size:  17.3 KB
  • Bouquet - Burmy - ♀
  • Stats: 44 / 17 / 25 / 17 / 23 / 19
  • Moves: Protect / Tackle / Bug Bite / ---
Name:  SJnTBKK.png
Views: 497
Size:  14.9 KB
  • Romeo - Budew - ♂
  • Level: 18
  • Stats: 48 / 21 / 19 / 24 / 36 / 28
  • Ability: Natural Cure
  • Characteristics: Serious Nature (neutral), Somewhat vain.
  • Moves: Mega Drain / Growth / Water Sport / Stun Spore
Name:  BSGGj7Q.png
Views: 501
Size:  20.7 KB
  • Pomegranate - Bulbasaur - ♂
  • Level: 18
  • Stats: 53 / 29 / 27 / 41 / 35 / 28
  • Characteristics: Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def), Mischievous.
  • Moves: Take Down / Poison Powder / Leech Seed / Vine Whip
Name:  6GkB3l1.png
Views: 491
Size:  16.9 KB
  • Ryda - Skiddo - ♀
  • Level: 12
  • Stats: 41 / 21 / 16 / 22 / 22 / 20
  • Ability: Sap Sipper
  • Characteristics: Gentle Nature (+SpD, -Def), Takes plenty of siestas.
  • Moves: Tackle / Growth / Vine Whip / Leech Seed

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 11, 2013 at 09:09:59 PM.
Old October 12, 2013, 08:21:59 AM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 4: The Rich Sure do Suck at Pokémon Battles

First things first: since I felt that some of the Pokémon on my team weren't very necessary and maintaining a full team of six is really hard this early in the game, I figured I would keep things so that the final evolutions of the team I currently have all have different type combinations. That way, I won't have to necessarily train every Grass Pokémon I catch. That also means that there will be some other Pokémon dropping out later on.

Anyways, after getting rid of the Snorlax roadblock, I had my first Horde Battle against 5 Hoppip. It would've helped if I had something that could hit them all for decent damage but...meh. I ended up catching one of them, and based on the characteristics, I seem to have a very specially-based Hoppip. That's...interesting...plus it's got Fairy Wind, so that should be interesting.

Furthermore, Burmy evolved (finally) and learned Hidden Power. Finding out its type was not difficult at all, as it had no effect on a wild Flabébé, which leaves Dragon as the only possible type. Which I guess could be worse...after all, it could be Hidden Power Bug or something useless like that.

After all that, I went to the Battle Chateau and wrecked everyone inside. And was thus promoted from Baron to Viscount. I've never heard of the latter title before, but at least I got some experience out of it. After that I had a double battle against Trevor and Tierno with Serena as my partner, and since Tierno was being useless with his Corphish Swords Dancing all the time, the battle ended decisively in our favor.

Moving on, I finally made it to Ambrette Town, which seems to be a place with a whole lot of nothing. I guess we'll learn more about Mega Evolutions, and with Pomegranate's evolution not too far off, we should be getting some useful information...right?

Current Team    

Views: 485
  • Level: 25
  • Stats: 69 / 49 / 55 / 35 / 36 / 37
  • Moves: Leech Seed / Bite / Vine Whip / Rollout
Views: 486
  • Sage - Pansage - ♀
  • Level: 22
  • Stats: 60 / 31 / 27 / 30 / 26 / 37
  • Moves: Cut / Seed Bomb / Leech Seed / Bite
Name:  bFPTe6J.png
Views: 494
Size:  13.0 KB
  • Bouquet - Wormadam - ♀
  • Level: 22
  • Stats: 63 / 35 / 50 / 43 / 56 / 25
  • Ability: Anticipation
  • Moves: Protect / Tackle / Bug Bite / Hidden Power Dragon
Name:  UVDMk9u.png
  • Pomegranate - Ivysaur - ♂
  • Level: 24
  • Stats: 68 / 38 / 35 / 55 / 46 / 37
  • Moves: Venoshock / Poison Powder / Leech Seed / Razor Leaf
Name:  oRlZqPA.png
Views: 487
Size:  18.7 KB
  • Fuuro - Hoppip - ♀
  • Stats: 36 / 18 / 17 / 20 / 21 / 19
  • Ability: Leaf Guard
  • Characteristics: Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD), Mischievous.
  • Moves: Poison Powder / Synthesis / Fairy Wind / Infestation

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 12, 2013 at 11:31:22 AM.
Old October 12, 2013, 11:36:13 AM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 5: Getting STAB'd

Ladies and gentlemen, I have seen the horrors of Refrigerate, and I can safely say that I do not wish to return there again.

Anyways, after spending some time in Ambrette Town, we (meaning Serena and I) moved on to find the Fossil Lab Professor Guy's assistant in Glittering Cave. Riding on Rhyhorn for the first time was pretty cool at first, until I realized how slow it was, and that I had to smash rocks. That was rather inconvenient, but we made it to Glittering Cave in due time.

I'm pretty sure that Glittering Cave was supposed to be a really complicated maze, but I found my way through in very little time, probably because I was employing my luck hax. There, we ran into Team Flare. I'll just say this: Team Flare must be really incompetent to generally have the type advantage over my WHOLE team, and still fail to KO any of my Pokémon. Nice job.

After dealing with those grunts and getting the Sail Fossil, though I don't plan to revive it, I was on my way to Route 8. The beach trainers were generally easy since they had only Water-types (Hah! The shoe's on the other foot now!) and I promptly found myself in Cyllage Town, which was where the next Gym was located. Rock-types? Peace of cake.

Or was it.

After getting my bike and getting some new clothes and climbing up what seemed to be endless rock-climbing walls... (I don't even have Pokémon that can use Rock Climb!) I finally made it to Grant, who started off with Amaura, while I started with Sage. I used Seed Bomb, which failed to KO it as it seems that it has a huge HP stat, and promptly KO'd Pansage with Take Down. Wait, what? I quickly remembered that Amaura has Refrigerate as an ability (making Normal-type moves Ice-type). I switched into Pomegranate and KO'd it with a critical hit Razor Leaf.

I didn't get so lucky with his next Pokémon, Tyrunt. I used Razor Leaf which sadly didn't do much, and then I was KO'd by a critical hit Rock Tomb. Ouch. I sent in Bouquet with the hopes that Hidden Power Dragon would do enough to subdue the dino. No such luck; it brought it down to red HP and was then KO'd by Rock Tomb. Ouch again.

At this point I knew he would heal. I sent in Chesknight with the hope that I could wall him. Tyrunt healed, and went in with my newly learned Needle Arm. It sadly didn't do much. Two Rock Tombs later, Chesknight was down as well, which left me with one option left; Fuuro, who had recently evolved into a Skiploom. I didn't think my odds were that high, considering she was Level 22 while Tyrunt was Level 25, and her Flying-type made her susceptible to Rock Tomb.

Then I realized that she had Fairy Wind that whole time. After slapping myself a few times I went ahead and KO'd him with a super-effective Fairy Wind, and with that, the Cliff Badge was won. That was way more stressful than a Rock-type Gym should have been. Eek.

Well, I'm off to grind on Route 9 and head to Geosenge Town. Let's see what other craziness awaits...

Current Team    

Views: 480
  • Level: 30
  • Stats: 82 / 59 / 66 / 42 / 43 / 45
  • Moves: Strength / Shadow Claw / Needle Arm / Rock Tomb
Views: 482
  • Sage - Pansage - ♀
  • Level: 28
  • Stats: 74 / 40 / 35 / 37 / 32 / 47
  • Moves: Cut / Seed Bomb / Leech Seed / Bite
Views: 481
  • Bouquet - Wormadam - ♀
  • Stats: 78 / 44 / 64 / 54 / 71 / 31
  • Moves: Protect / Confusion / Bug Bite / Hidden Power Dragon
Name:  UVDMk9u.png
Views: 477
  • Pomegranate - Ivysaur - ♂
  • Level: 29
  • Stats: 81 / 47 / 42 / 66 / 54 / 45
  • Moves: Venoshock / Poison Powder / Leech Seed / Razor Leaf
Name:  kuj5lCd.png
Views: 477
Size:  17.9 KB
  • Fuuro - Skiploom - ♀
  • Level: 26
  • Stats: 69 / 35 / 34 / 39 / 41 / 48
  • Moves: Sleep Powder / Bullet Seed / Fairy Wind / Infestation

Old October 12, 2013, 02:59:54 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 6: Mega Evolution is the Solution

Well, we arrived in Geosenge Town only to find that it was a huge bust. Oh well, moving right along.

Route 11 is interesting, with many slopes and whatnot. Insert more grinding here, where Fuuro evolves into a Jumpluff and catches up to the rest of the group in terms of levels. But that's not the most interesting part.

Route 11 connected to Reflection Cave, a nifty looking cave that I spent quite some time trying to navigate. More grinding later, Sage learned Acrobatics, at which I felt it was as good a time as any to give her the Leaf Stone I found earlier, evolving her into a Simisage. Furthermore, Pomegranate was able to evolve into Venusaur as well. But, I can't quite Mega Evolve just yet! I also caught a Ferroseed, which is simply amazing because Ferroseed is just awesome.

Shalour City seems pretty foreboding. The music creeps me out a bit; I hope that it's just my imagination that Shalour City is creepy. After paying a visit to the Tower of Mastery, the gang was all gathered together in the first time since ever, and I finally got to battle Serena for the Mega Ring which should allow me to Mega Evolve. About time; I also think it's high time I rematched Shauna or something. Anyways, her Meowstic and Absol were no match for Sage's shenanigans, while the epic battle between Braixen and Chesknight...wasn't all that special, as Braixen was obliterated by Rock Tomb. Nice. So I'll take that Mega Ring, thank you...

Well, I guess all that's left to do is battle Korrina for the 3rd badge. Fighting-types, I guess; perhaps Jumpluff's Fairy Wind will be useful.

Current Team    

Views: 481
  • Level: 35
  • Stats: 95 / 70 / 77 / 49 / 50 / 52
  • Moves: Strength / Shadow Claw / Seed Bomb / Rock Tomb
Name:  MBGkRVO.png
Size:  22.5 KB
  • Sage - Simisage - ♀
  • Level: 33
  • Stats: 103 / 81 / 50 / 73 / 46 / 80
  • Moves: Cut / Seed Bomb / Acrobatics / Bite
Views: 475
  • Bouquet - Wormadam - ♀
  • Level: 33
  • Stats: 91 / 53 / 75 / 64 / 83 / 36
  • Moves: Protect / Psybeam / Bug Bite / Hidden Power Dragon
Name:  7bT3blP.png
Views: 475
Size:  22.5 KB
  • Pomegranate - Venusaur - ♂
  • Level: 34
  • Stats: 109 / 69 / 62 / 91 / 77 / 66
  • Moves: Venoshock / Poison Powder / Leech Seed / Petal Dance
Name:  K00YWrH.png
Views: 495
Size:  16.3 KB
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 32
  • Stats: 96 / 51 / 54 / 56 / 67 / 77
  • Moves: Sleep Powder / Mega Drain / Fairy Wind / Infestation
Name:  0WYbuqw.png
Views: 479
Size:  21.8 KB
  • Briar - Ferroseed - ♂
  • Level: 25
  • Stats: 59 / 38 / 56 / 19 / 55 / 15
  • Ability: Iron Barbs
  • Characteristics: Quirky Nature (neutral), Strong willed.
  • Moves: Curse / Metal Claw / Pin Missle / Gyro Ball
Old October 12, 2013, 05:16:17 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 7: Who Wants to be a Grass Master?

Remember what I said about Fuuro being useful? Never mind that.

Korrina's match was primarily up to Pomagranate and Sage, who both decimated the competition with their raw power. Chesknight evolved from the residual Exp. Share experience, which is pretty nice, and though Spiky Shield was very tempting, I had to pass on the offer. Oh well, it's a good move, but I'd rather not have to predict what the AI chooses to do. It's confusing enough as it is.

Sage destroyed with Acrobatics, though now I see less use for her now that Fuuro learned Acrobatics after Exp. Share experience. So, after going to Route 11 and catching a new Grass-type, I've decided to retire Sage. Tragic, yes, as she was the first Pokémon I caught, but you know, I need as much type coverage as I can get when it comes to Grass-types. As for the replacement, the replacement is Coco the Exeggcute. I guess I need to go out and find another Leaf Stone...maybe they sell them somewhere. In a Department Store, maybe.

Anyways, after the match, I finally got the Mega Ring after my 3RD BATTLE against Korrina, and now Venusaur can Mega Evolve! It's pretty nifty, and I plan on using it a lot. Moving along to Route 11, I borrowed Lapras so I can Surf, so I hope that I won't have to Surf much, or that I can catch a Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo in this game. The short route took me to Coumarine City, which has the best city music I've heard so far, though Lumiose City is a close second so far. Anyways, I battled Serena again and ultimately owned her...again. Anyways, after that little thing, I healed up and went to the gym.

And how very fitting that Coumarine City is home to a Grass-type Gym Leader! As soon as I entered the gym, I squealed. I literally squealed. So loud I had to explain to my parents why I was so excited. After that awkward moment, I took the Gym on. Rather than be boring and just eliminate everything with Pomegranate's Venoshock and Fuuro's Acrobatics, I decided to take the defensive approach and battled with Briar. Briar was capable of holding his own against all the trainers and the Gym Leader, which is now proving to be a good idea, as now he's catching up with the gang, which I need to focus effort on for Coco.

Well, based on the map, we're coming full circle, back into Lumiose City. Perhaps that darned blackout excuse that's no longer original (*cough* Sunyshore City *cough*) will be no more...

Current Team    

Name:  f8L8pnI.png
Views: 553
Size:  23.8 KB
  • Chesknight - Chesnaught - ♂
  • Level: 40
  • Stats: 129 / 105 / 110 / 71 / 71 / 66
  • Moves: Strength / Low Sweep / Seed Bomb / Rock Tomb
Views: 472
  • Bouquet - Wormadam - ♀
  • Level: 38
  • Stats: 91 / 53 / 75 / 64 / 83 / 36
Name:  XK7wBVJ.png
Views: 486
Size:  24.9 KB
  • Level: 39
  • Stats: 124 / 81 [95] / 71 [99] / 105 [124] / 89 [104] / 77
  • Ability: Overgrow [Thick Fat]
Views: 468
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 38
  • Stats: 113 / 62 / 63 / 67 / 80 / 93
  • Moves: Sleep Powder / Mega Drain / Fairy Wind / Acrobatics
Views: 473
  • Briar - Ferroseed - ♂
  • Level: 34
  • Stats: 78 / 52 / 75 / 26 / 74 / 20
Name:  0wILayI.png
Views: 490
  • Coco - Exeggcute - ♀
  • Stats: 77 / 27 / 54 / 42 / 30 / 29
  • Ability: Chlorophyll
  • Characteristics: Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD), Nods off a lot.
  • Moves: Grass Knot / Confusion / Poison Powder / Sleep Powder
Old October 12, 2013, 08:20:00 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 8: High Voltage

Lots of electricity in this part. And not the good kind.

Moving on to Route 13, we encountered quite possibly my least favorite place so far, as it's full of Pokémon with FREAKIN' ARENA TRAP. AGGGGH! DUGTRIO AND TRAPINCH EVERYWHERE! STAHP!

Er-hem...anyways, after I did some searching for items, I found that Team Flare had taken over the Power Plant and that they were the reason Lumiose City had a blackout. Now that's all well and good, so I can't really blame them for having an excuse...but you know, it's pretty pathetic to let Team Flare have their way. It's not like it's serial killers we're dealing with, they're...well, fashion divas, put simply. I mean, have you seen their outfits? They're so tacky!

Anyways, after beating grunts left and right, I finally got to face one of the head scientists of Team Flare, Aliana. She doesn't really look like a scientist...well, besides the funky lookin' space goggles. Her title also doesn't mean much, as Pomegranate wrecked her Mightyena in one hit...yeaaah...she's about as incompetent as the rest of them, that's for sure.

Battling Team Flare gave me time to train up Briar, who's close to evolving, at which point I can start focusing more effort on Coco. That said, Briar's going to be rather pivotal on the team, especially since Grass/Steel is such a fantastic typing. Leaving Route 13 as quickly as possible, I ran into Shauna and had another romaaaaantic moment looking at the Eiffel Prism Tower lights. Then it was off to the Lumiose Gym!

I really like the Lumiose City Gym. It reminds me of Blaine's Gym, and that's a really good thing. I like quizzes. It's just a lot of fun. You do still have to battle, of course.

Then it was on to Clemont. Clemont was pretty easy, considering that Chesknight just had a nice set of moves to choose from. His Emolga was taken out with Rock Tomb, his Magneton by Low Sweep (which would have been a OHKO if it weren't for darn Sturdy), and his Heliolisk by Low Sweep as well. Not at all a tough gym. Chesknight is just so strong...squeee...

Well, that ends this entry. Augustine Sycamore (heee...that name...) called on the Holo Caster and wants to meet me at Lysandre (!) Café to talk about something. Something tells me that Team Flare shenanigans are going to pick up...

Current Team    

Views: 471
  • Level: 44
  • Stats: 142 / 117 / 120 / 78 / 78 / 75
Views: 480
  • Bouquet - Wormadam - ♀
  • Level: 41
  • Stats: 112 / 69 / 93 / 81 / 102 / 49
Views: 471
  • Level: 42
  • Stats: 133 / 89 [104] / 76 [106] / 114 [135] / 95 [112] / 85
Views: 469
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 41
  • Stats: 121 / 68 / 68 / 72 / 86 / 102
  • Moves: Sleep Powder / Mega Drain / Fairy Wind / Acrobatics
Views: 464
  • Briar - Ferroseed - ♂
  • Level: 39
  • Stats: 88 / 60 / 85 / 30 / 84 / 25
Views: 466
  • Coco - Exeggcute - ♀
  • Level: 32
  • Stats: 87 / 32 / 61 / 49 / 34 / 35

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 12, 2013 at 08:20:17 PM.
Old October 12, 2013, 10:23:15 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 9: The Never-Ending Fairy Tale

And so I went to Lysandre Café for a meaningless talk about the legend of the king of the Kalos Region. I don't expect it to be too important. After all, the tale of the two princes didn't hold much sway over the plot in B/W. Although I did get a King's Rock out of it, which is pretty nifty. Gave it to Chesknight for the possible flinch chances.

Anyways, with that, it was time to move on to Route 14, which seems to be the swamp area for this game. I had a short battle with Serena, whose team is becoming progressively more difficult to deal with. Mystical Fire isn't half-bad a move. Anyways, after I beat her and she despaired over how she couldn't be me, I caught myself a Carnivine (which I named James) though I don't plan on using it during the main adventure. Whatever. Then I met up with the rest of the gang (sans Serena, though) to go into a haunted house that wasn't really haunted, and I had to tip the guy. Whatever.

After some searching and training, during which Briar evolved into Ferrothorn, we reached Laverre City, the city of...mushrooms. Great. I promptly headed to the Gym, which is the first Fairy-type Gym...ever. (Still no Dark-type gym, though?)

The gym was a mess to deal with, considering how badly I've always done when it came to Sabrina's Gym. This case proved slightly easier, but I was still having major issues trying to find where I was supposed to go. Eventually I got to the Gym Leader, Valerie, and fought her with my newly evolved Ferrothorn, seeing as Steel-type moves are somehow super-effective on Fairy-types. I have no idea how that works.

The first Pokémon was Mawile, which didn't go over well because we were pretty much locked in stalemate. I eventually took Mawile out with the residual damage combo of Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet, along with 4 Curse boosts under my belt. That left two more Pokémon.

First was Mr. Mime. She stupidly decided to set up a Light Screen, to which I responded with a Gyro Ball that knocked Mr. Mime to next Monday. Finally, there was Sylveon. Sylveon's Dazzling Gleam failed to do much of anything and another Gyro Ball hit sealed its fate. And thus, the Fairy Badge is mine!

But now trouble seems to be afoot, as Team Flare's pulling more shenaniganry in the Pokéball Lab. What kinds of shenanigans? Who knows...

Current Team    

Views: 459
  • Level: 46
  • Stats: 148 / 126 / 127 / 83 / 81 / 79
Views: 469
  • Bouquet - Wormadam - ♀
  • Stats: 121 / 75 / 101 / 87 / 111 / 53
  • Moves: Protect / Psychic / Bug Bite / Hidden Power Dragon
Views: 455
  • Level: 46
  • Stats: 146 / 99 [116] / 83 [117] / 127 [149] / 106 [124] / 92
  • Moves: Venoshock / Toxic / Leech Seed / Petal Dance
Views: 455
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Stats: 121 / 68 / 68 / 72 / 86 / 102
  • Moves: Sleep Powder / Mega Drain / Dazzling Gleam / Acrobatics
Name:  O6Ppxu1.png
Views: 461
Size:  17.0 KB
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 43
  • Stats: 123 / 106 / 129 / 59 / 118 / 36
  • Moves: Curse / Power Whip / Pin Missle / Gyro Ball
Views: 461
  • Coco - Exeggcute - ♀
  • Level: 35
  • Stats: 95 / 36 / 66 / 53 / 37 / 38
Old October 13, 2013, 12:18:49 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 10: The Deviant Path

So, the Pokéball Factory fiasco was for energy, so it seems. Why is Team Flare so obsessed over energy? Shouldn't they be, like, getting their nails done or whatnot? I don't see what energy has to do in any of this, but whatever. It's not my problem. I did get a Big Nugget and a Master Ball for helping the scientists out, so whatever. Moving right along to Route 15, which seems to be a route full of Hex Maniacs and Fairy Tale Girls. So needless to say I stomped a lot of Ghost-types and Fairy-types. No biggie.

I also caught a Lombre, named him Juan Pablo, trained it, and evolved it. Ultimately I decided that Juan Pablo would be more useful than Coco, so I retired Coco already. With that, I had one Pokémon from each generation on my team, which I thought was pretty cool and set out to keep it that way. I also moved on to Route 16 and caught both Pumpkaboo and Phantump after many trials, but I don't plan on using them until post-game.

The next town over was Dendemille Town, which oddly looks kind of like Lacunosa Town. Pretty cool place, but doesn't hold much importance. What was important was the Frost Cavern to the north, where I found some more Team Flare people looking for more energy. These people sure are stuck on getting energy, aren't they? If they want energy, they should look at my Pokémon. They're oozing with power.

Anyways, after all that, I moved on to Route 17, which seems to be a snowbound path. There I caught a Snover and decided to retire Bouquet. Besides, after the whole Frost Cavern issue, I got Abomasnow's Mega Stone, so it'd be a shame not to use it. So now that I've trained him up and given him the Mega Stone, I think that my team is basically complete. With that said, we still have two more gyms to go, so anything can happen.

I end this entry off in Anistar City, the locale of the seventh gym. I believe I should be up to the task...

Current Team    

Views: 449
  • Level: 54
  • Stats: 173 / 149 / 149 / 97 / 95 / 93
Views: 433
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 51
  • Stats: 148 / 131 / 155 / 72 / 145 / 48
  • Moves: Curse / Power Whip / Iron Head / Gyro Ball
Name:  XhW2UTx.png
Views: 452
Size:  20.0 KB
  • Bittercold - Abomasnow - ♂
  • Level: 45
  • Stats: 144 / 90 [126] / 78 [105] / 104 [140] / 104 [124] / 61 [36]
  • Ability: Snow Warning
  • Characteristics: Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spd), Strong willed.
  • Moves: Grass Knot / Ice Shard / Blizzard / Focus Blast
Name:  D0OnVSf.png
Views: 441
Size:  21.4 KB
  • Juan Pablo - Ludicolo - ♂
  • Level: 47
  • Stats: 150 / 78 / 75 / 106 / 112 / 75
  • Ability: Swift Swim
  • Moves: Grass Knot / Water Sport / Surf / Focus Blast
Views: 445
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 52
  • Stats: 157 / 93 / 88 / 94 / 109 / 139
  • Characteristics: Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD), Strong willed.
Views: 441
  • Level: 53
  • Stats: 169 / 116 [135] / 96 [134] / 147 [173] / 122 [143] / 109
  • Moves: Venoshock / Toxic / Leech Seed / Petal Blizzard
Old October 13, 2013, 02:45:52 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 11: Lurking Lysandre's Labs

Anistar's Gym was really cool-looking, and they could have done wonders with it if they enabled the 3D option there, but alas, it was not meant to be. In any case, after battles with many Psychics and Hex Maniacs, I got to the Gym Leader, Olympia, who I originally thought was a guy until I saw her official artwork before the battle began. That's...kind of embarrassing.

Anyways, I started off with Briar while she began with Sigilyph. The battle would have gone a lot smoother if Sigilyph had not started off with Reflect, which meant I couldn't just one-shot the Sigilyph with a Curse-boosted Gyro Ball. Regardless, I eventually did so, but not before taking serious damage. Her Meowstic would take Briar out with Shadow Ball, unfortunately. After that, I countered by sending out Mega Abomasnow and eradicating her with Blizzard. That went well. Her final Pokémon was Slowking, which...well, regarding type matchups, beating Slowking was ridiculously easy. Grass Knot one-shot it, and thus the Psychic Badge was mine. Man, these badge names kind of suck.

Anyways, after I departed the Gym, Lysandre announced over the Holo Caster that he was ending the world. You know, no big deal. So I had to waltz all the way back to Lumiose City only to find that his labs were hidden behind a bookcase in his own café. Gee, I never would have guessed. Right then and there, Lysandre was just standing there, expecting me, and challenged me to a battle. He was really easy to beat, so something tells me that this isn't the last time I'll be battling him...

Then came a lot of Team Flare butt-kicking. I rematched all the Team Flare scientists, and none of them really gave any trouble except for Mable, who was feeling rather like a pyromaniac today and her Houndoom just Flamethrower'd everything until Mega Venusaur put a stop to the madness. Overall, not too difficult. I eventually got the Elevator Key I needed to follow Lysandre to the basement, where we met a familiar face from back when I beat Team Flare at the Power Plant. Really tall guy. Looks kinda old.

This guy, named AZ (reference to beginning and end?) had the same name as the king of Kalos from 3000 years ago. AZ told me the story of Kalos's past, and the story of the ultimate weapon, which Team Flare seems to be gathering energy for. It makes sense, but where might this WMD be? Lysandre told me to follow him, but where he takes us is beyond my knowing. Perhaps the end of this world is at hand...

Current Team    

Views: 428
  • Level: 57
  • Stats: 182 / 157 / 157 / 102 / 100 / 98
  • Moves: Strength / Low Sweep / Wood Hammer / Rock Tomb
Views: 427
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 55
  • Stats: 160 / 144 / 167 / 80 / 156 / 55
  • Moves: Curse / Power Whip / Payback / Gyro Ball
Views: 432
  • Level: 50
  • Stats: 161 / 102 [?] / 86 [?] / 119 [?] / 115 [?] / 70 [?]
  • Moves: Grass Knot / Ice Shard / Blizzard / Hidden Power Fighting
Views: 442
  • Stats: 166 / 89 / 83 / 120 / 124 / 90
Views: 433
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 57
  • Stats: 171 / 101 / 96 / 102 / 119 / 152
Views: 428
  • Level: 56
  • Stats: 178 / 123 [?] / 101 [?] / 156 [?] / 129 [?] / 115
Old October 13, 2013, 08:37:32 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 12: Final Flare

After talking to AZ, I went down to follow Lysandre, only to get into another battle, this time with the head scientist Xerosic, done as a diversion to allow Lysandre to escape. Really didn't buy much time, though, as Xerosic was no problem when it came to battling. After beating him, he allowed me to choose between two buttons: one activating the ultimate weapon, and the other deactivating. I literally spent 3 minutes deciding which one to pick, but I ultimately picked the blue one. Turns out that was the right one, but Xerosic wasn't going to play fair and activated the machine anyway. What a jerk. I almost wish I pushed the other button to see what would happen.

Anyways, turns out the weapon is buried deep beneath Geosenge Town. I kind of feel bad for calling it a bust when I first went there, but how was I to know? In any case, I went to Geosenge Town and found Team Flare's HQ, while Serena happened to be there conveniently and followed me in. Then came another battle with Lysandre which really wasn't all that bad.

At that point Lysandre let me try to stop their plan. So Serena and I headed on down to where the machine was.

[Many Team Flare Admin battles later...]

The machine was apparently draining power from the cocoon of the legendary Pokémon Yveltal. But my very presence caused it to awaken for some reason or another, and I was forced into battle with it. I was not ready for this. I didn't save!

Yveltal was literally the first thing I've legitimately had problems with. It was killing everything with Oblivion Wing, making it really hard to keep its HP at a level where it might be catchable.

[6 Pokéballs later]

Oh, hey, I caught Yveltal. That was oddly not that bad. At that point Lysandre lost his marbles and fought me (again), and the battle really wasn't all that different aside from the fact that he Mega Evolved his Gyarados, which actually made the battle easier since it apparently loses its Flying-type designation. Lysandre really lost it then and tried to blow us up with what energy remained in the weapon, but all that served to do was make a huge hole in the center of Geosenge Town, which'll probably be good for them in the long run. Tourists will flock from all over to see the huge hole.

Well, looks like the Team Flare saga is at its end. It was interesting while it lasted, but now it's time to focus on bigger goals. The Pokémon League is not far away; it's one more Gym Badge to go, and now with the Team Flare fiasco over, it's time to move on from where we left off...

Current Team    

Views: 419
  • Level: 62
  • Stats: 197 / 170 / 170 / 111 / 108 / 106
  • Moves: Strength / Low Sweep / Wood Hammer / Rock Tomb
Views: 416
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 60
  • Stats: 173 / 157 / 182 / 87 / 170 / 59
Views: 420
  • Level: 55
  • Stats: 178 / 116 [160] / 96 [129] / 132 [176] / 127 [151] / 79 [49]
  • Moves: Grass Knot / Ice Shard / Blizzard / Hidden Power Fighting
  • Stats: 182 / 102 / 93 / 132 / 136 / 103
Views: 424
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Stats: 179 / 107 / 101 / 107 / 126 / 159
  • Moves: Sleep Powder / Giga Drain / Dazzling Gleam / Acrobatics
  • Level: 61
  • Stats: 193 / 133 [155] / 109 [153] / 169 [199] / 140 [164] / 125
Old October 14, 2013, 08:33:50 AM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 13: True Friendship

Moving on from Anistar City, Mr. Augustine Sycamore wanted to meet me in Couriway Town. Passing through Route 18 (which has the most AMAZING route music ever!) I got some more items and stuff and battled a lot of people in Terminus Cave, but not enough to warrant much explanation...

Anyways, I went ahead into Couriway Town and talked to Augustine Sycamore about the whole deal with Lysandre and how he's probably dead. Whatever, it's okay, no one seems to care. After that I battled him and his team of Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise and utterly demolished him. Sycamore ain't got nothin' on me. After the whole battle was over I made my way out of Couriway Town of absolute uselessness (I kind of should be a little wary about how I classify things as useless, especially after Geosenge Town...) and into Route 19.

There I ran into Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno, and they all battled me. It's been a long time since I battled any of them, but I sort of destroyed all of them with Bittercold. Then there was a really touching moment where we all bonded as friends. It's hard to describe, but it was a really well-put together scene. I may also mention that Route 19 is one of the most scenic and beautiful routes I've ever seen. After basking in its glory for a bit, I went into Snowbelle Town.

The gym leader wasn't there, but the guide told me to look for him in Winding Woods (Route 20). After spending 30 minutes trying to find TM 53 (Energy Ball), I found Wolfiric and we went back to the gym. I decimated him. Avalugg sucks at taking special hits, though it takes physical hits like a bawss. His other Pokémon were somewhat annoying, Abomasnow because he kept healing it, and Cryogonal because he kept confusing me.

Well, with 8 badges in hand, it's time to head to the League! I'm on the final step of the game!

Current Team    

Views: 414
  • Level: 66
  • Stats: 209 / 181 / 181 / 117 / 115 / 113
  • Moves: Strength / Brick Break / Wood Hammer / Rock Tomb
Views: 440
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 64
  • Stats: 184 / 167 / 194 / 92 / 181 / 63
Views: 408
  • Stats: 199 / 129 [177] / 107 [143] / 147 [195] / 140 [167] / 88 [55]
  • Moves: Energy Ball / Ice Shard / Blizzard / Hidden Power Fighting
Views: 444
  • Level: 62
  • Stats: 200 / 113 / 102 / 146 / 150 / 117
  • Moves: Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Surf / Focus Blast
Views: 413
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 64
  • Stats: 191 / 113 / 107 / 114 / 134 / 170
Views: 437
  • Level: 65
  • Stats: 205 / 142 [165] / 117 [163] / 180 [211] / 149 [175] / 133
  • Moves: Sludge Bomb / Toxic / Leech Seed / Energy Ball

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 14, 2013 at 02:54:24 PM.
Old October 14, 2013, 02:54:14 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 14: The Path to Victory

It's all come up to this. The final stretch. The final path. The end of the main story. It's go time.

The Victory Road in this game is a little less maze-like than before, which is both good because it prevents stress-induced headaches, but I was a little disappointed because I feel like that's part of the whole challenge of Victory Road. But, it was well designed in that, much like BW2's Victory Road, some of it is on grassy terrain while some of it is in caves. The Trainers were pretty tricky now that their levels are really beginning to catch up to mine. But I leveled up quickly, so it ultimately wasn't a huge issue.

Halfway through was another battle with Serena. I kind of expected it to come at the end, but whatever. Her team remained mostly the same since last time except for the inclusion of an Altaria, which ultimately didn't get much attention as I one-shot it with Ice Beam. However, her other Pokémon still proved to be well trained, though most of the Pokémon she had on hand was OHKO'd. With that, she suffers her final loss of the main story, probably. Unless she pulls a Lysandre on me and somehow fights me at the League.

The rest of Victory Road was not of much consequence as I spent most of the time just leveling up in preparation for the League. I end this entry right before the Elite Four; so let's get out there and rock some worlds!

Current Team    

Views: 411
  • Level: 70
  • Stats: 222 / 190 / 190 / 124 / 122 / 119
Views: 430
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 68
  • Stats: 194 / 176 / 204 / 96 / 192 / 66
Views: 397
  • Level: 65
  • Stats: 215 / 142 [?] / 116 [?] / 159 [?] / 152 [?] / 97 [?]
  • Level: 67
  • Stats: 214 / 122 / 110 / 158 / 161 / 125
Views: 400
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 68
  • Stats: 201 / 120 / 114 / 121 / 139 / 179
Views: 425
  • Level: 69
  • Stats: 215 / 150 [?] / 124 [?] / 190 [?] / 157 [?] / 141
Old October 14, 2013, 04:56:16 PM
Kyurem

GPFTW's Pokémon Y Adventure - Entry 15: It is Finished

And so the final battles begin...

Elite Four #1: Wikstrom (Steel)
Doing the battles in top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right in order, Wikstrom the Steel master was my first opponent. Rather than quickly switching into Chesknight, I had Juan Pablo lead off, on the chance that he would be using Steel Pokémon that aren't necessarily weak to Fighting-type moves. I made a good decision there, with his first Pokémon being Klefki, what with its Steel/Fairy typing. Two Surfs and it was down.

Next up was Scizor. I countered back by switching into Briar, though Klefki had set Spikes down and so I took some damage there. Scizor only had X-Scissor to hit me with, so it was slowly whittled down by Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet. After getting a few Curse boosts I knocked it out with Payback.

Next was Probopass. Not a big deal there; Power Whip two-shot it.

Finally there was Aegislash. I wasn't sure how to go about countering it, but Payback was a nice start. It was initially in shield form and protected itself with King's Shield, which dealt damage to me instead. Ew. He then tried to use Shadow Claw, which didn't go over well, and I one-shot it with Payback.

Elite Four #2: Malva (Fire)
At the top right, she was definitely my biggest challenge of the four by far. I intitially started off with Juan Pablo (obviously) and basically annihilated her fist Pokémon, Pyroar. Her second Pokémon, Talonflame, was definitely no pushover. Aware that it probably carried Brave Bird and Flare Blitz, I switched into Briar as a necessary sacrifice. It survived the initial Brave Bird and got slammed by Flare Blitz, but the recoil of its two moves, along with the Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet, caused Talonflame to damage itself too much and thus fainted.

I switched into Chesknight while she switched into Chandelure. Chesknight used Rock Tomb, but was oddly unable to defeat Chandelure in one hit. I can't say I know why, but one stroke of bad luck came after another as it landed a critical hit Flamethrower and annihilated him. Ouch. I promptly switched back into Juan Pablo and annihilated it with Surf. Malva's final Pokémon, a Torkoal, stood no chance as I annihilated it with one more Surf.

Elite Four #3: Drasna (Dragon)
The second hardest of the four, ultimately. Being a Dragon-Type user, I obviously decided to use Bittercold. I wrecked her Dragalge with Blizzard (somehow I moved first...) and was off on a high roll. Her second Pokémon was Noivern, and though I knew a Fire-type move was incoming, I decided to be risky and use Blizzard again. Sure enough, the Flamethrower came in, but didn't KO him. The Blizzard, on the other hand, destroyed Noivern.

Drasna switched into Druddigon, and at that point, I knew that there was no way Bittercold would survive unless I switched. I decided to get some final damage with Ice Shard before going down to Dragon Claw. I then switched into Fuuro and took advantage of the new Fairy-type to beat it with Dazzling Gleam. Her final Pokémon was Altaria, who too was beat out after being put to sleep with Sleep Powder, and then annihilated by two Dazzling Gleams.

Elite Four #4: Seibold (Water)
Seibold was the easiest, obviously due to the gross type matchup. I led with Pomegranate while he led off with Clawitzer. I quickly Mega Evolved Pomegranate, who got the drop on Clawitzer with an Energy Ball OHKO. Seibold then switched into Starmie, which I was a little concerned about. Starmie led off with Light Screen, so my Energy Balls were doing just short of a KO. Seibold then started item spamming until I got a nice Energy Ball critical hit and KO'd it.

Seibold then switched into Gyarados, at which point I knew I had to conserve my Energy Ball's PP, so I switched to Sludge Bomb. Gyarados couldn't do much outside of Earthquake, and thus by Sludge Bombs began to wear him down, especially once the Light Screen faded. Once that happened, I KO'd Gyarados with Sludge Bomb. Seibold ended the match up with Barbarucle, who was OHKO'd by Energy Ball.

Champion Diantha - the Final Battle
Hey, Diantha's the champion. I wouldn't have guessed. I kind of wish they had us interact with Diantha more often. After all, I only saw her twice in the game, and they were at pretty random times. Anyways, for this match, since I had no idea what was coming at me, I led off with Fuuro so that I could outspeed what came in and plan my strategy from there.

Fuuro ended up really pulling her weight for this battle, despite the many doubts I had about her on my team. I often considered her the weakest link on my team, but in this battle she proved me how very wrong I was. Diantha's first Pokémon was Hawlucha, which I remember being very dangerous from when I fought Korrina, so I promptly hit it with Sleep Powder. It was actually unnecessary in the end, as I used Acrobatics afterwards and it OHKO'd it. Nice.

Her second Pokémon was Aurorus, which very much frightened me, especially with Refrigerate and the whole fiasco with Grant. I used Sleep Powder, which thankfully hit it, and I KO'd it with two Giga Drains. So yet another crisis was averted! To follow up, she very fittingly sent out Tyrantrum. I put it to sleep with Sleep Powder again, and I used Dazzling Gleam to little more than half its HP in damage to it. Unfortunately, Tyrantrum woke up and slammed Fuuro with Head Smash, OHKOing it but also taking itself out from recoil. I'm proud of you, Fuuro. You took out half her team on your own.

While I sent out Briar as it was probably the safest switch-in, Diantha switched into Gourgeist. I tried to KO it with Payback, but it didn't quite work out that way. Gourgeist used Trick-or-treat, whose use I doubted initially but now I understand what it's used for. Knowing that a Shadow Ball was probably on its way, I switched into Juan Pablo. I misjudged the HP remnants as Diantha ended up healing. Regardless, I tried Ice Beam, though that failed to KO it either. After Trick-or-treating me, I KO'd it with Surf.

Goodra was up next, and I must say it has a surprising amount of Special Defense. Ice Beam only did a little more than a third in damage to it, while Goodra battered Juan Pablo with Dragon Pulse. Ultimately Juan Pablo came out on top with his third Ice Beam with a little more than half his HP remaining. I was feeling good; only one Pokémon to go and I was running strong with 5, and I haven't needed to use my Mega Evolutions yet.

Her final Pokémon was Gardevoir. I decided to go with Surf as it was my strongest move on Juan Pablo, but the unexpected happened: she Mega Evolved her Gardevoir! After taking a super-effective Shadow Ball to the face (I sort of forgot about Trick-or-treat here...) Juan Pablo was down. At that point, since it was a Fairy-type we were dealing with, I switched back into Briar. After being hit with Shadow Ball again, dealing quite a hefty amount of damage, Briar slammed it with a super-effective Gyro Ball and nearly KO'd it. Thinking that Diantha was out of healing items, I went with Payback, but she healed again. I landed a critical hit Payback which put her back to where she was before. I figured that I be safe and use Gyro Ball again, which paid off; she healed again, but I slammed Gardevoir with a critical hit Gyro Ball, and that was the end of that. Game...complete.

With the champion defeated, Augustine Sycamore held a huge celebration in Lumiose City, not only for my victory over Diantha, but also for defeating Team Flare. Naturally, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno were credited even though they didn't really do anything. Everything was good. Then...

AZ - the REAL Final Battle
AZ randomly decided to challenge me to realize what it meant to be a trainer. I was a little surprised that I had one more battle coming right after the Champion, but it wasn't too tricky. He started off with a Torkoal while I had Fuuro out front again. I Sleep Powder'd his Torkoal and promptly switched into Juan Pablo, and finally took it out with Surf. His second Pokémon was Sigilyph, who I hit with Ice Beam, froze it, and then KO'd it with a second one. His final Pokémon was Golurk, which a simple Surf took it out. It was a rather anticlimactic battle. But it was enough to change him as a person.

And then his Floette came back.

I shed manly tears. 3000 years of separation led to this. But now...it's over. Main story complete! But there's much left to do!

Current Team    

Views: 394
  • Level: 72
  • Stats: 228 / 197 / 197 / 128 / 125 / 123
Views: 426
  • Briar - Ferrothorn - ♂
  • Level: 71
  • Stats: 203 / 185 / 215 / 102 / 200 / 69
Views: 385
  • Level: 67
  • Stats: 222 / 146 [?] / 120 [?] / 165 [?] / 157 [?] / 99 [?]
Views: 412
  • Level: 69
  • Stats: 221 / 125 / 113 / 163 / 167 / 129
Views: 397
  • Fuuro - Jumpluff - ♀
  • Level: 70
  • Stats: 208 / 124 / 117 / 125 / 145 / 185
Views: 416
  • Level: 71
  • Stats: 223 / 154 [?] / 127 [?] / 195 [?] / 162 [?] / 145