Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Black and White

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 3, 2010, 08:36:52 PM
Volcarona

Default If you were to decide Gen V's gym/elite types...

What types would you put where?
In case you were wondering, yes this was brought on by the other thread.
I thought it could use it's own topic instead of being squished in with everything else.
Me (in order, obviously):

Psychic
Ice
Fighting
Bug
Steel
Dragon
Fire
Dark

Water
Grass
Rock
Electric

Champ would have a team consisting of no 2 pokemon having any similar type.

I chose Psychic as the first gym because it doesn't have an advantage over any starter type wise.
The elite 4 I tried to choose types that weren't similar as far as weaknesses go, and ones that haven't been in the elite 4 yet.

List your choices, discuss, etc.

Last edited by Flare Soru; February 3, 2010 at 08:41:28 PM.
Old February 3, 2010, 09:37:15 PM
Regigigas

Bug
Ground
Steel
Flying
Psychic
Poison
Dragon
Dark

Normal
Rock
Grass
Electric
Champion
Old February 5, 2010, 06:42:33 PM
Shaymin

Fighting
Ground
Grass
Fire
Water
Flying
Electric
Dark

Psychic
Steel
Rock
Dragon

Typical Champion Set
Old February 6, 2010, 03:32:36 AM
Rayquaza

Electric
Ground
Bug
Flying
Grass
Dragon
Poison
Dark

Steel
Water
Normal
Rock
Fire
Old February 6, 2010, 04:40:08 AM
Rayquaza

Interesting question...

GYM

1- Rock
2- Ground
3- Normal
4- Ice
6- Poison
7- Steel
8- Dark

The first one should be ROCK because it is the easiest type for beginners to start with. Then it is GROUND so that it remains easy for them. NORMAL is just normal for everyone while ICE is good for fire starters and bad for grass. POISON will give grass another bad day, and STEEL will resist both grass and fire. At last DARK is just perfect.

ELITE4

1- Ghost
2- Flying
3- Psychic
4- Dragon

All of these four resist all the starters. That's perfect.
Old February 6, 2010, 12:32:32 PM
Regigigas

I REALLY don't want rock to be the first gym leader. It's tired. But I think we all agree that that dark should be last.
Old February 6, 2010, 01:19:50 PM
Kyurem

Hm... Tough Call. I'd go more exotic with:

1. Ice
2. Steel
3. Poison
4. Dark
5. Ghost
6. Psychic
7. Bug
8. Dragon

And for the elites the common types:
1. Fire
2. Water
3. Grass
4. Electric
Champion. Rounded
Old February 7, 2010, 03:50:11 AM
Mudkip

Gyms:
1. Rock - Why mess with a classic
2. Fighting - Same as Rock type
3. Ground - Only every used once
4. Poison - Same as Ground
5. Dark - Never used
6. ???
7. ??? - Maybe Ice
8. Dragon - Same as Ground
Old February 7, 2010, 01:37:56 PM
Regigigas

For the heck of it...

The Gyms
1. Normal. The traditional choice, Rock-type, has always worked against Fire-type starters as well as the mostly Normal and Flying-types that are generally obtained early on. A Normal-type gym will give players the flexibility to use whatever type they wish early on.
2. Ground. At this point, the player's starter of choice should be given some levels, so a Ground-type gym would benefit the Grass and Water-type starters.
3. Steel. I think that the Fire-type should get some catch-up from the previous gym. This also works against Normal and Flying-types caught early on and encourages some variety.
4. Psychic. Bringing in Psychic this early on, when good Dark-types may be hard to find, will encourage the training of the under-utilized Bug-type. It's also neutral to all of the starters and will generally resist their special attacks more than other types.
5. Dragon. This is a very unorthodox choice for a mid-game gym, but would be an interesting stopping point for the starters, as all of them are ineffective against Dragon. Ice will be the player's best defense against this gym, since the semi-legendary dragons of the generation probably won't be available yet. If placed in an ice-themed area, this gym could be a nice fit.
6. Flying. It's a type seen this late in the game only once (R/S/E). It has only two resists and is fair game for almost any type, especially the starters (except the Grass-type).
7. Fighting. Historically, the Fighting-type gym (if there is one) comes early on or is optional. Fighting-types get a lot more options later on in the game, so it makes sense that the gym appear when full advantage can be taken. Again, this is fair game for the starters as it resists none.
8. Dark. This type balances the previous gym's weakness to Psychic, encouraging use of Flying-types, which are also often underused. That, and there has never been a Dark-type gym.

Elite Four
1. Poison. The Poison-type being used at the Elite Four level could be very interesting. Here, it appears early on with the goal of disabling the opposing team for upcoming matches (I think it would actually be ideal to prevent item use in official gym/e4 matches by either party, which would make the League challenge that much harder, but that's a whole other can of worms). By the current rules, it would force the player to burn through Full Heals/antidotes.
2. Electric. This E4 member should specialize in very high speed and attack/spec. attack, aiming to sweep the opposing team. It's also neutral-effective against the Steel-types that would have been effective against the previous member.
3. Rock. As a type, Rock is hardly ever seen this late into the game. This E4 member would use strong physical walls and high-HP Pokémon to wear down the player.
4. Ice. This type is one that often gets used in the Elite Four. As a bonus, it helps out Fire-type starters that suffered against the previous Rock-type. This member's strategy could be to use high Sp. Attack and OHKO with Sheer Cold.

The champion would use a balanced set as usual, so as not to be overly weak to any specific type.
Old February 7, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
Linoone

Rock (3/4 Regions started with that)
Flying
Dark
Fire
Normal
Grass
Dragon
Ghost

Poison
Water
Electric
Fighting

Champion - A Balanced Set of them all and covers his/her weaknesses
Old February 7, 2010, 07:31:00 PM
Kyurem

Normal- Trainers would have to fight the Pokemon that they have been fighting since the start of the game, but at higher levels. There would also be a trump card like Clefairy or Raticate at the end, which are both pretty vicious at the start of the game. The Gym Leader is a young boy, who was born into being a Gym Leader. The leader give out Return, a powerful Normal-type move.

Fighting- Trainers would really bond with their starters, when the common normal-types are punished severely. Flying types also prove to be a great help here. The Gym Leader is an Old Lady, who is strict and powerful. Drain Punch is given out, to give Pokemon with hands something to flaunt.

Poison- Moves like Toxic are abused here, making items a must-have to win. There are few Psychic types at this point in the game, (usually) so trainers may need to level-up their Pokemon for sheer force. The Gym Leader is an emotional teenager boy, who loves to put drama in fights. Facade is given out, to make use of being statused.

Rock- Pokemon with high defense are used, and their special defense is increased when they use Sandstorm. By now trainers should have a Pokemon that DOESN'T rely on Normal moves, and if they do this Gym could be a challenge. A young woman who has been pampered all her life is the Gym Leader. She gives out Rock Slide, a strong Rock-type moves.

Ghost- Unique moves like Pain Split and Knock Off are common here, as well as Will-O-Wisp to punish physical attackers. As good Ghost-type and Dark-types are hard to find, this Gym could be a challenge. A six-year-old girl is the leader here, and loves to annoy oponnents. Trick Room, a very unique move, is given out to annoy foes.

Bug- Usually bugs are known for being weak and temporary, but this Gym uses strong bugs like Heracross and Yanmega. What bugs lack in Defenses they make up for with power. A conservationist is the leader here, and he loves to quote famous writers during battles. X-Scissor is given out, as a powerful Bug-type attack.

Dragon- An interesting type overall, especially since there are so few Dragons. Trainers may use Pokemon like Gyarados and Charizard, who aren't even dragons. Power is emphasized at this Gym. The Gym Leader is a cocky punk who likes to taunt his oponnents, and claims dragons have no weaknesses. The leader gives out Dragon Pulse, and also can Tutor the move Draco Meteor to Dragon type with full friendliness.

Dark/Psychic- This Gym breaks the idea of specializing in one type, and has trainers with both Dark AND Psychic types. There are two Gym Leaders, a young couple who are very different. He uses Psychic types, and she uses Dark types. The Psychic user gives out Dark Pulse, while the Dark user gives out Psychic, and they say how they have rubbed off on each other. DAWWWWWWW.

And I haven't a clue for the Elite 4.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; February 7, 2010 at 07:41:05 PM.
Old February 10, 2010, 01:59:52 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Interesting question...

GYM

1- Rock
2- Ground
3- Normal
4- Ice
6- Poison
7- Steel
8- Dark

The first one should be ROCK because it is the easiest type for beginners to start with. Then it is GROUND so that it remains easy for them. NORMAL is just normal for everyone while ICE is good for fire starters and bad for grass. POISON will give grass another bad day, and STEEL will resist both grass and fire. At last DARK is just perfect.

ELITE4

1- Ghost
2- Flying
3- Psychic
4- Dragon

All of these four resist all the starters. That's perfect.
Wow, I would NOT want to be a grass starter
Old February 10, 2010, 04:23:08 PM
Rayquaza

If they have a Dark type gym odds are they'll give him/her the Z pokemon.
Old February 11, 2010, 09:25:17 AM
Shaymin

Now I know you guys are trying to be easy on the trainer, but I say they need to up the difficulty, seriously.(all my ()'s will be based on the normal types of Pokemon placement, but who knows, Gamefreak could make Dark starters or something)

1st Gym: Electric
(Keeps the difficulty up for Water type starters, Normals do normal damage, and Flying-types need to stay away, other starters do normal damage)
2nd Gym: Ground
(Fire weakness, Grass and Water thrive, most other types could be knocked off by a Rock/Ground/Steel/Fighting move thrown on a tougher Pokemon)
3rd Gym: Normal
(Just a regular old gym)
4th Gym: Bug
(Im betting 5th Gen will have a lot more bug types to use)
5th Gym: Ghost
(Maybe some Psychic filled area before this gym, making it tough on you to pass through)
6th Gym: Flying
(Like in Fortree, throw in some Dragon/Flying, etc. Pokemon to make it exceptionally hard)
7th Gym: Dragon
(High resistance to most types)
8th Gym: Fighting
(Keeping it tough against that new Zorua you just caught)

1st Elite Four Member: Dark
(Tough to start out with, will wear down Pokemon)
2nd Elite Four Member: Poison
(Just got your Psychics, KO'd right? Good, now it's time to get out your Ground-type. Oh you don't have one? Too bad, this'll give you a long and painful KO)
3rd Elite Four Member: Steel
(Another set-up team, give them all Earthquake to combat fire-types)
4th Elite Four Member: Water/Ice
(A Double Battle Elite Four match-up, if they get hit by each others respective attacks, it wont do much, while if you bring in a Fire type, the Water will kill it, and if you bring in Electric, the Ice Pokemon could KO it, or give the Water member a Floatzel with very high attack or something so it could out speed your Raichu, and Grass vs. Water = Ice KO's Grass, and some maybe some other match ups...this battle would be tough.)
Champion: Rounded.
(Note: This was thrown together during school, lol, so I didn't put a TON of thought into it. If I were to sit down and make my own list, I'd go from the Elite Four up, plus, they usually base the gyms on types of Pokemon in the area or town themes, not randomness.)

Oh, and boost all the Gym's Pokemon by 5 from the normal average...have fun grinding.

Last edited by OMGITSJAD; February 11, 2010 at 09:29:08 AM.
Old February 25, 2010, 09:27:58 PM
Volcarona

I personally want it to be challenging, to a ridiculous level, if thats even possible, and this is what I'd find hardest-

1.Poison-Lets face it, the player would stand no chance this early in the game against it, all he would have, would be normal +fire/water/grass types + flying + bug, none of which could survive well at all.
(Hands out toxic)

2.Steel-at this point, you may have a fire type to use, but even so, a good stelix and bronzor should do the trick to defeat him. The point in having it here, is such that toxic wouldn't work at all in your favor.
(hands out gyro ball)

3.Rock-usually the first gym, but also a slower type-countering the steel type weakness. Throw in a shuckle with substitute, and toxic and gyro ball are worthless. All other learned attacks would be okey, but even so, they would well resist them.
(Hands out stone edge)

4.Psychic- Is generally one of the stronger types, so you would have trouble this early on with it.
(Hands out skill swap)

5.Dragon-Same as above, but stronger yet. Can resist a lot of other types, if you hadn't gotten any ice type moves in.
(Dragon pulse)

6.Fighting-Can counter most elements, and skill swap shouldn't aid you too much in this.
(Bulk up)

7.Ghost-The prior Fighting type gym should yield you a new poke of some fighting nature, and could be eliminated here.
(Will o wisp)

8. Ice- At this point in the game, you are most likely to have a dragon on your team. Provided it isn't kingdra, your going to pay for it.
(Hail)

Elites-

-Grass
-Ground
-Normal
-Flying
Champion is as always, balanced.

The idea behind these elites, is that grass paralyzes any sweepers and causes status peril, if you do not prepare, then you lose.

Ground sandstorms special types, and weakens your PP in the process. If you did prepare for status effects, it catches your pp using garchomp, and does a nice amount of damage.

Normal types, although harmless at first glance are so diverse, that by the elite four, you can expect an extremely tough team of normal types to fight.
In fact, possibly the hardest type to conquer, simply do to how amazing it turns out in the end.

Flying counters fighting types that you probably used to beat normal, and also turns truly monstrous in the ending evolution, as we can put in Salamence/Dragonite and staravia.

The champion, is a last ditch effort to stop you from conquering the elite, as usual...
Old March 5, 2010, 06:49:59 PM
Volcarona

Gym:
Rock (because it's basic and nostalgic)
Electric (Who dosen't want a eletric gym)
Sun Girl and Moon Girl: Fire and Ice (getting two badges...)
Water (The last basic element)
Grass (Opps... I meant the last basic element)
Posion (It would be a tricky gym and try not to go into the poison fog! Because you and you're pokemon will faint and have to start from the pokemon center...again)
Ghost (you will need to get the ghost cape to go through the locked door which the gym leader is inside. WITHOUT THE KEY! )

Elite Four:

Steel (would be a steel envoirment)
Bug (A forest envoirment)
Fighting (The doorknob is to hot so use the ghost cape to go inside and challenge the fighting guy)
Dark (There room is dark and you can't see anything ,but you so you have to find the trainer by looking at the torchlights to guide your way)

Rival:

*Insert name* (Would be the final ******** ,and after the game. Between you and him)

Ultimate Legendary pokemon:
Darknoctigus Type: ???
Moveset

Rebirth: It preevolves your pokemon. Example: Typloshion prevoled into a Cyndaquil??? *evolution music rewinded*

Apocolipze: A cinematic cutscene of a hugh meteor crashing down *cinematic cutscene ended* And automaticly kills the pokemon you sent out.

The gift of the godess: The gift of the godess puts a big ball of light on Darknoctigus to make it never die in battle for 10 TURNS!

Dark deposit: Darknoctigus brings itself and your pokemon inside your pokeball battling inside it. Note: This move is all luck. If Darknoctigus wins at defeating your pokemon inside the pokeball it release's your pokemon into the wild. If your pokemon wins you both come out of the pokeball and are still battling.
Old March 21, 2010, 01:57:27 AM
Servine

Gyms

1. Grass-Type
- Grass types have a lot of weaknesses, and it could serve as a way to showcase to "new" trainers how to take the advantage of having the superior type. Given how the basic beginning flying type Pokemon will probably be available, it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you started with the Water Starter. Then again, I suppose this could apply to Rock types as well. Hence...

2. Rock-Type.
- Rock types also have a lot of weaknesses, but this time Fire-types have trouble, and Water & Grass Starters get to have some fun. With slightly bulked up defenses of being the second gym, it could possibly be a little more difficult then usual.

3. Fire-Type
- Now the Grass starter had it kind of easy until now. Doing not very effective and super-effective damage to the previous two gyms. Now it could be in trouble. Water Starter although having it tough during the first gym, shines for the second time here, while the Fire Starter puts up a great fight. First signs of Evil Team.

4. Normal-Type
- No advantages or disadvantages for all starters here. Machop will probably obtainable in a previous route to help. Or maybe a NPC offers one up for trade for an uncommon normal type Pokemon (Zangoose, perhaps, which then maybe he will ask for a Seviper in the rival version.) It would be cool if Zangoose was the "mascot" of the Gym Leader. Because then....

5. Poison-Type.
- Seviper Gym Leader. I wasn't a super fan of R/S/E, but I think the idea of two rival towns. Grass Starter will have trouble, but by your fifth gym, you should have a pretty handy team surrounding you.

6. Dark-Type
- 6th Gym. Because adding two more 6s would make it evil, and "Dark" type Pokemon are evil. Plus, after the fifth gym, story begins to pick up, and the Evil Team mid-staged plot could be based here.

7. Flying-Type
- By now, it would make sense for the Gym Leader to have a vast array of flying types to be available to him/her to build a strong 7th gym team. Maybe this generation will introduce it's first pure-flying type, and that will be the mascot of this gym. Some interaction with Evil Team.

8. Psychic-type
- I've always considering the "Psychic" type to be very strong, and I like the idea of the final gym leader to love Psychic type Pokemon. Whereas technically being an Elite Four member would make them seem more "important" they will get more notoriety as the 8th gym challenge, imo.

- Last Ditch Effort from Evil Team -

Elite Four
1. Water-Type
- Starting the elite four pretty simple with water. Most likely will have the weakness in your team with you. Difficult, but easy for an Elite Four party.

2. Fighting-Type
- BRUNO~ Because he needs to be in EVERY GENERATION!

3. Dragon-Type
- Whereas the first two Elite Four members might have been pretty simple, the third throws you for a loop with strong Dragon-typed Pokemon.

4. Steel-Type
- Steel typed Pokemon have strong defenses, and with the many different duo-types now, should prove to be a great challenge. Steven Stone's sister, because everyone knows Steven Stone's lover is Wallace. Plus, I like the idea of the Stone Family having two top Elite 4 members.

5. RIVAL
"Congratulations, you're champion!...or you would have been if it wasn't for _____! ~DUN DUN DUN~" I'll never get tired this, and thus, needs to be here again. And it would be awesome if your rival is a girl trainer with a haughty attitude.

Last edited by Bread; March 21, 2010 at 02:00:17 AM.
Old April 9, 2010, 08:42:38 PM
Giratina

Normal- It shouldn't be the first(Whitney, Norman) but it seems like a good start.
Fire- Blaze.
Poison- It seems like the third gym, met some Pokemon type of thing.
Electric- We all love Electric-types! Especially in Gym Leader form!
Psychic- Psychic type gyms rule.
Ground- We haven't seen on of these since Giovanni.
Bug- Bug is hardcoe!
Rock- It should be the first, but Rock is too awesome for that anymore.
E4's
Ice- This is obvious.
Dragon- So Dragon-Master Lance is cool, let's have another!
Steel- It'll kick you out of the E4 building.
Grass- I like grass types...
Old April 13, 2010, 04:20:51 PM
Haxorus

i think they should be this:
grass
rock
dark
dragon
electric
steel
fighting
flying
Old July 23, 2010, 04:28:42 PM
Joltik

psychic
ground
flying
Dark
Ice
Ghost
Poison
Fire

normal
steel
water
Electric
Old July 25, 2010, 01:24:59 PM
Servine

gyms should be like this

ghost
flying
electric
ground
ice
poison
steel
dark

elite 4

water - juan
rock - (that rock gym from hoenn)
fire - flint
fighting -bruno

isshu champion should specify in a type cuz i u learn there is a pattern

kanto - no type
johto - dragon
hoenn - water
sinnoh - no type

isshu champion should be a normal
Old July 26, 2010, 08:37:37 AM
Celebi

Gyms:

Rock - Good for Tsutaja and Mijumaru, but tough for Pokabu. If you did choose Pokabu, someone like Munna would have to do this. A simple layout, just navigate through a small maze of trainers.

Normal - Good because the starters won't have any super effective moves aginst it. Even simpler. Two routes choose the right one, and you'll proceed. If you don't, you will find yourself starting again!

Ice - Alright. Tsutaja and Mijumaru have had thier play. Now it's Pokabu's turn. Tsutaja will have the disadvantage this time. Like Pyrce's gym. A slippy and slidy puzzle.

Dark - If you ask me, there aren't many Dark type gym leaders. And by now, a fighting type should be available. It could be very dark and some areas are to dark to enter. So you have to find switches to turn on lamps.

Psychic - Fightin type was good against all 4 previous leaders. Not any more. She should Pokemon like Musharna and Rankurusu (or his evolved form) Maybe there could be warps?

Flying - Again, fighting type have a disadvantage. I think Wooguru should be the main Pokemon here. Lifts and elevators taking you around. Maybe even Trapdoors!

Electric - This time Mijumaru has the down side. I havent seen any good ground type yet, but when it comes it should be used HERE! There could be Volt Boxes creating electric walls. And some Volt Boxes that make doors open but are out of battery. Maybe push the Electric Wall Boxes near the Other ones and the electricity opens the door.

Ghost - Last but not least, a Ghost Type Gym. Fighting type will be COMPLETELY useless here. Hahaha! Simple. Find the Gastly and scare the guard away.

Elite:

Steel Type

Fighting Type

Dragon Type

Grass Type

Champ: Dark Type
Old July 27, 2010, 07:34:10 AM
Shaymin

Gyms:
- Water
- Steel
- Psychic
- Fire
- Ground
- Bug
- Poison
- Dark

Elites:
- Normal
- Dragon
- Grass
- Flying

Champ:
ELECTRIC. Really.
Old August 16, 2010, 08:11:48 AM
Zoroark

I have no idea with the E4 but heres gyms:
Dark
Fighting
Ice
Electric
Rock
Ghost
Bug
Water
Old August 16, 2010, 09:15:15 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard98 View Post
Ultimate Legendary pokemon:
Darknoctigus Type: ???
Moveset

Rebirth: It preevolves your pokemon. Example: Typloshion prevoled into a Cyndaquil??? *evolution music rewinded*

Apocolipze: A cinematic cutscene of a hugh meteor crashing down *cinematic cutscene ended* And automaticly kills the pokemon you sent out.

The gift of the godess: The gift of the godess puts a big ball of light on Darknoctigus to make it never die in battle for 10 TURNS!

Dark deposit: Darknoctigus brings itself and your pokemon inside your pokeball battling inside it. Note: This move is all luck. If Darknoctigus wins at defeating your pokemon inside the pokeball it release's your pokemon into the wild. If your pokemon wins you both come out of the pokeball and are still battling.
This would be such an unfair battle. XD You have like no hope of actually winning, since you can't scor super-effective moves, and all of its moves absolutely destroy you.
Old August 16, 2010, 02:18:57 PM
Joltik

In no particular order:

gyms:

normal
psychic
bug
ice
dark
electric
ground
dragon

e4 + champ

ghost
flying
fire
water
varied
Old August 18, 2010, 12:10:50 AM
Volcarona

gyms

1#water
2#electric
3#bug
4#normal
5#poison
6#ice
7#rock
8#flying
elite four
1#fire
2#fight
3#dark
4#dragon
Old August 19, 2010, 01:28:08 AM
Pikachu

Gyms

- NOT ROCK Ice
- Fire
- Poison
- Ground
- Normal
- Psychic
- Dragon
- Dark

Elite 4

- Fighting
- Grass
- Water
- Electric

Champion is anything goes.
Old August 19, 2010, 02:31:25 AM
Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Raichu View Post
Gyms

- NOT ROCK Ice
The first gym has always been rock type, except Falkner.
Old August 19, 2010, 05:34:01 AM
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotomGuy View Post
The first gym has always been rock type, except Falkner.
I just want another generation without Rock as the first gym.

Is that so bad?
Old August 19, 2010, 12:21:32 PM
Kyurem

Let's see

[Gyms
Rock - It's a classic, Tsutaja and Mijumaru will be fine but Pokabu won't
Normal - None of the starters are weak or effective to Normal types
Electric - It's Mijumaru's turn this time
Dark - There are hardly any dark type leaders and you'll probably have caught a Fighting type
Fire - Tustaja's turn this time
Ice - Pokabu will shine this time
Psychic - Fighting type will be weak to them
Flying - Another disadvantage to Fighting types

Elite
Steel
Poison
Ghost
Fighting

Champion
Dragon

Last edited by Shiny; August 19, 2010 at 12:21:55 PM.
Old August 19, 2010, 04:05:52 PM
Haxorus

Gyms
1. Rock
2. Fire
3. Psychic
4. Steel
5. Ghost
6. Normal
7. Grass
8. Dragon

1. Ground
2.Grass
3. Flying
4. Dark
Champion round: mixed types

Last edited by Turtwig; August 19, 2010 at 04:06:08 PM.
Old September 13, 2010, 04:28:32 PM
Rayquaza

Guys here is a long theory I have created based around all the gym types.

Gym predictions    

1.Dento - Everything about him is practicly confirmed except his second pokemon which I beileve might be the starter with a weakness to your own because of the preview of Dento with a Smugleaf.

2. Aloe - She most likely to use normal type and also has 2 pokemon.
So by my guess is that she might be like Whitney and start with a Tabunne and finish with a very strong Buffalon since they have a simular hairstyle.

3. Bug - I am basing this theory off this

In this sillouette shown for the badges the third badge matches the symbol shown in front the gym in Huin city.

Along with that inside is the gym with the honey puzzle so of course it must be the bug gym third.

As for the line up I guess I'll have to say Denchura since so far it seems to be the only primarly strong bug type.

4. This gym will be electric in the roller coaster gym since I find it most fitting along with the fact it's most likely the city with the ferris wheel and because a thunderbolt is the fourth badge.

Meaning it being the electric gym also means we'll get a blonde female electric gym leader.

By my guess she'll use Shimama's evolved form as her main pokemon.

5. Flying well the fifth badge appears to be a feather and by my guess it'll be in the city with airport and the gym will be the one with cannons.

I picture an old man with a Wargle for some reason or maybe even Mamepato's final form.

6. Ground I'm just basing this off the rumor guys aside from the fact we've seen the played fall into the sand trap.

Odds are the leaders main pokemon will be either Doryuuzu or Meguroko's final form.

7. Ice just basing this off how in the demo there's a gym with a light blue pole.

I'm guessing just a team with all avaible ice types mentioned on pokebeach.

8. Dragon my guess is that this leader will be Iris' grandfather and using a Ononokuso since Iris had a Kibago.

Take note that I ruled out Fire, Water, and Grass because of the first gym.

I also got rid of Dark, Rock, poison and pyschic were rumored to be taken out.

E4 predictions    

Elite 4
Steel - There are many rumored strong Steel types like Doryuuzu and Gear's final evo

Rock - I'm a little scepticle about this one but Gigasu seems worthy and the rumored fossil pokemon.

Fighting - There are many rumored fighting types that seem very strong

pyschic - I'm guessing this becuse of how strong the current pyschic types seem.

Champion Dark - I know this seems unlikely but the physdo legendary of the region is dragon/dark and nearly every champ has used one.

This also goes with the fact of the vasts amount of dark types confirmed like Zoroark.

The reason why I didn't put in poison is just because the obvious reason that there are only 7 poison types that seem very weak.

The reason why I didn't have ghost is because if it was added to E4 it'd give to much of an advantage in the E4 or possibly it could be in place of rock or maybe the ice gym.

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 13, 2010 at 04:30:18 PM.
Old September 13, 2010, 05:52:08 PM
Zoroark

Quite honestly, I think Normal type and Rock type are overlooked as far as signifigant trainers goes. I'd like to see an Elite Four member who specializes in one of those (preferably the third and fourth members)
Old September 14, 2010, 01:56:23 PM
Rayquaza

Here's my final guess on all the gym teams

Gym Leaders    
Dento - Monkey Trio and Starters
Aloe - Tabunne and Buffalon
Bug - Denchura, final centipede and final Kurumiru
Electric Leader - Shimama evo, Emoga , and rumored ground/electic marbeledray
Flying Leader - The final form of Mamepato, Wargle, and Fossil Bird
Ground - Doryuuzu, Meguroko evo, and Bull Forg
Ice - All the rumored ice types, polar bear, mirror, and final ice cream cone evo.
Dragon - Ononokusu, rumored stand alone dragon, and second form a pysdo

Elite Four    

Rock - Gigasu, rumored 2 fossils, hermit crab evo, and musketeer
Steel - Doryuuzu, Final Gear evo, metal ball evo, scarab evo, and possible spider ant.
Fighting - Dark Lizard, Creepy clown, judo, chaopuu, and one of the msketeers.
pyschic - Gochiruzeru, Rankurusu, ufo, desert mask, koromori evo

Champ Dark - Zoroark, pysdo dragon/dark, power ranger, final maguroko, Vulture, and Choroneko