Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Notices

Search this Thread
Old May 14, 2010, 07:16:19 AM
Servine

Default Old Chateu?

You know when you go in to that room, And you see a girl coming out of the next room,

Whats That ALL about??
Old May 14, 2010, 08:37:31 AM
Shaymin

Hrm?
You mean the...text that says it I think?
I don't particularly remeber any of that. Was it only in D/P?
Old May 14, 2010, 11:00:27 AM
Rayquaza

Yes it was only in DP.

It reminded me of this dead girl that appeared in an unrelated episode of the anime but there's no explanation to the ghost, there's also the ghost of an old man around sometimes too.

Last edited by Buizel456; May 14, 2010 at 02:35:20 PM. Reason: Typo's
Old May 14, 2010, 02:36:24 PM
Haxorus

I remember seeing a grandma with red eyes in my Pearl version. And the girl, she lived there, but she died, and now she's a ghost

EDIT: Here is a story that I found, makes lots of sense to me about the Old Chateau now

Spoiler Alert:    
 In the Chateau, three people lived. These were the owner, the owner's daughter, and their butler. The owner was a previously renowned scientist, who had been making large strides in the fields of Pokemon research. However, when his wife died (The child's mother, obviously), the scientist, without telling his child or butler, refrigerated her dead body underneath the (now glaring) statue in the main room.

Now, the scientist devoted his time to his research, which was now focusing on creating a living Pokemon from scratch. He believed that if he could do this, he could one day revive his dead wife, who he cannot live without. The butler, who had been great friends with him, became greedy and believed that he could do so much more with the scientist's money than he was. He was second in line in the will for the fortune of the scientist, after the scientist's daughter. So he decided to poison both to acquire the house himself.

However, the girl found out about his plan. She tried to warn her dad, but he was too devoted to his research to listen. She decided to hide the antidote the servant had at the last minute, in the trash can, so she could save her father later. She used the substitute so that only her copy would be poisoned.

The butler had to eat some of the Old Gateau with the other two, since he ate with them every night. The scientist considered him a friend, more than anything. The scientist, who was on the verge of a breakthrough, took some with him into his room so he could continue working. The butler died because he could not find the antidote. When the scientist found out, he went into denial, not believing his daughter about the evil butler. He locked himself in his room for the next week, working non-stop to complete his experiments. The Butler's body was left lying in the kitchen. The police were not called. The girl tried desperately to get in, but he always shouted at her to get away. He ate nothing and drank very little.

Finally, by electrifying a blob of plasma, he finally created Rotom. Then he died. Some say it was from exhaustion, other from a heart attack or stroke. Some others even say Rotom killed him. Anyway, the girl then lost the will to live when she managed to get in the room only to find her father dead. She was found dead next to him, still clutching his shirt.

A couple weeks later, the brother of the girl's mother, Mr. Backlot came by to visit his niece. He found the three dead bodies. He had a mimic of the statue that had been made as a "memorial" to the mother (he didn't know her body was under the original). He made the trophy garden as a memorial to his niece, who loved all the Pokemon that are commonly found there. The Rotom took up residence on the T.V. and Gengars were drawn to the room with the painting, where they play tricks on visitors. The glaring statue is the mother's soul, seeking rest. The girl and the butler still show up sometimes at the mansion as ghosts. The gateau was left sitting in the lab all these years, where the poison eventually became dormant and unharmful.

Last edited by Buizel456; May 14, 2010 at 02:43:47 PM. Reason: Story of the Chateau
Old May 14, 2010, 02:40:06 PM
Regigigas

Mann... That gave me nightmares...
Old May 14, 2010, 02:51:16 PM
Kyurem

Its in Platinum too. The events only transpire during a certain time period - the same you can find/catch Rotom.

Edit: A list of events I can think of off hand:
1. The girl in the room. To see her, you must enter a parallel room to hers, but not hers.
2. The old man/butler in the dining room.
3. The eyed painting in another of the rooms like the girl's.

Last edited by FreezeWarp; May 14, 2010 at 02:52:33 PM.
Old May 15, 2010, 04:55:22 AM
Servine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buizel456 View Post
I remember seeing a grandma with red eyes in my Pearl version. And the girl, she lived there, but she died, and now she's a ghost

EDIT: Here is a story that I found, makes lots of sense to me about the Old Chateau now

Spoiler Alert:    
 In the Chateau, three people lived. These were the owner, the owner's daughter, and their butler. The owner was a previously renowned scientist, who had been making large strides in the fields of Pokemon research. However, when his wife died (The child's mother, obviously), the scientist, without telling his child or butler, refrigerated her dead body underneath the (now glaring) statue in the main room.

Now, the scientist devoted his time to his research, which was now focusing on creating a living Pokemon from scratch. He believed that if he could do this, he could one day revive his dead wife, who he cannot live without. The butler, who had been great friends with him, became greedy and believed that he could do so much more with the scientist's money than he was. He was second in line in the will for the fortune of the scientist, after the scientist's daughter. So he decided to poison both to acquire the house himself.

However, the girl found out about his plan. She tried to warn her dad, but he was too devoted to his research to listen. She decided to hide the antidote the servant had at the last minute, in the trash can, so she could save her father later. She used the substitute so that only her copy would be poisoned.

The butler had to eat some of the Old Gateau with the other two, since he ate with them every night. The scientist considered him a friend, more than anything. The scientist, who was on the verge of a breakthrough, took some with him into his room so he could continue working. The butler died because he could not find the antidote. When the scientist found out, he went into denial, not believing his daughter about the evil butler. He locked himself in his room for the next week, working non-stop to complete his experiments. The Butler's body was left lying in the kitchen. The police were not called. The girl tried desperately to get in, but he always shouted at her to get away. He ate nothing and drank very little.

Finally, by electrifying a blob of plasma, he finally created Rotom. Then he died. Some say it was from exhaustion, other from a heart attack or stroke. Some others even say Rotom killed him. Anyway, the girl then lost the will to live when she managed to get in the room only to find her father dead. She was found dead next to him, still clutching his shirt.

A couple weeks later, the brother of the girl's mother, Mr. Backlot came by to visit his niece. He found the three dead bodies. He had a mimic of the statue that had been made as a "memorial" to the mother (he didn't know her body was under the original). He made the trophy garden as a memorial to his niece, who loved all the Pokemon that are commonly found there. The Rotom took up residence on the T.V. and Gengars were drawn to the room with the painting, where they play tricks on visitors. The glaring statue is the mother's soul, seeking rest. The girl and the butler still show up sometimes at the mansion as ghosts. The gateau was left sitting in the lab all these years, where the poison eventually became dormant and unharmful.
Wow never Knew pokemon was violent
Old June 27, 2010, 05:35:31 PM
Mudkip

i saw the ghost go through the wall. i was screaming

Last edited by IceCreamb4Dinner; June 29, 2010 at 07:26:51 PM.
Old July 1, 2010, 08:10:43 AM
Kyurem

That girl freaked me out for days on end! I never saw the butler though...

EDIT: Found the butler.

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; July 5, 2010 at 11:14:07 AM.
Old July 5, 2010, 10:35:41 AM
Joltik

I remember playing Diamond at night when I found the ghost of the old man, and I thought, "Hey! There's actually someone in here! Hang on, is he floating!?" I think I was 12 at the time, so I was terrified.
I don't think I ever found the girl's ghost, though...
Old July 5, 2010, 12:03:37 PM
Landorus

That's messed up, yo...
Old July 7, 2010, 10:52:41 AM
Rayquaza

I saw the butler twice in the dining room. I never saw the girl though.
Old July 7, 2010, 02:38:47 PM
Haxorus

Saw them both. Someone said that if you see the little girl and stay in that room (the one next to the room the girl was in)for 5 minutes, then exit, the little girl will be right next to you. She will "kill ur pokeymanz din delet all ur dataz". It's a lie, so don't believe this is true.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:23:04 AM
Giratina

I saw both the butler and the girl once. I remember getting goosebumps when I tried to follow the girl into her room where she suddenly disappeared.

Last edited by Shadow; July 8, 2010 at 08:23:33 AM.
Old July 10, 2010, 06:28:00 PM
Cyndaquil

The Old Chateau is certainly creepy; probably just as creepy as the ghost of the mother Marowak in Red and Blue, as well as the remakes. I encountered the little girl the first time I entered the Old Chateau, but I don't think I ever found the Butler. I think I'm going to try that now... I greatly enjoy little things in games such as these ghosts.
Old July 10, 2010, 08:34:29 PM
Cyndaquil

It's pretty scary stuff for a Pokemon game :C
Old July 31, 2010, 08:02:28 PM
Keldeo

IT scared me once because i wasn't thinking about it, I had lie to myself that it was the game code
Old August 6, 2010, 09:06:23 AM
Celebi

I've seen the Butler and the girl, but not the man.
To see the butler, go in and out the dining room. He sees you, and floats away.
To see the girl, go in the 4th room from the left. In the 5th room, you see the girl and she walks through a wall.
To see the man, go into the room you found the old gateou. Take it, then go in and out like the butler. I'm not sure what happens, because I have never seen him.

To see Rotom, look at the TV during the NIGHTSHIFT (in D/P after nat dex, in Plat, before and after nat dex).
Old August 20, 2010, 10:05:53 PM
Mudkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
I saw the butler twice in the dining room. I never saw the girl though.
the girl is in the third room, go 2 the second room then get out of the room then walk a little then go back 2 the second room
Old August 30, 2010, 08:53:28 AM
Giratina

I only saw the girl. I never knew the story of the Chateu, Rotom, or the residents until now.
Old October 11, 2010, 10:29:09 AM
Landorus

I've seen the girl a few times, but I've only seen the butler once. I didn't know there was a third person, though.
Old October 17, 2010, 08:32:38 PM
Joltik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buizel456 View Post

Spoiler Alert:    

I like this story. A lot.

The ghosts are just for a minor creepy effect - chills, nothing that freaky. I think it's awesome. And while Gastly is my favorite Pokemon, they still need more variety in that building...

I've seen most of the ghosts you guys were talking about, mainly because I stalked that place trying to find a shiny Gastly (um, it didn't work)
Old March 28, 2011, 11:33:16 PM
Joltik

I absolutely love stories like these :d I remember the first time I saw them, I previously read it online before I went to ghost hunt XD Technically it was 3 years ago and it was late at night - Get the story