Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Other Pokémon Gaming

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 24, 2012, 09:31:09 AM
Zoroark

Default Red/Blue 3D remake/reboot idea

I have an idea for a 3DS remake for the Kanto games if they ever make one:
It'd be a new story that takes place in an alternate timeline parallel to the current timeline. The games are a little more mature because Team Rocket is more like a real gang, being armed with pistols. So yes, this is a game for teens and adults. Rated T would be appropriate. In this alternate storyline, Kanto has been taken over by Team Rocket and Team rocket is a MAJOR part of the game. There are more executives that have become gym leaders and it wouldn't be a whole game of fighting Zubats and Rattatas, but Team Rocket would use all different kinds of pokemon. The game would give you a back story on how Team Rocket rose to dictatorship over time. You would be able to catch more pokemon than just those native to Kanto, such as Houndour, so you can have more of a variety to choose from. Your rival is pretty much the same person, but he does appear more in this game to help you and sometimes team up with you in fights against Team Rocket. The starters will be the Kanto starters. The Cerulean Cave would be open much earlier in the game and Team Rocket would be there to capture Mewtwo.Mewtwo rages and battles you. You wouldn't be able to catch it yet, but you could loose against it or defeat it. TR would then say that they'll be back, and the do come back. Giovanni remains as gym leader of Viridian City and the Elite 4 is the same, but after you defeat the champion Team Rocket comes in and tries to steal all the pokemon. They threaten to shoot you with pistols if you don't hand them over. Mewtwo comes back, this time on your side, and you automatically capture it and replace it with something in your party if it's full. Mewtwo restores your other pokemon to full health and you battle 2 grunts (double battle), and then you battle a much tougher Giovanni. After defeating those members, they realize that Mewtwo is too tough for them and so is every other pokemon they've been trying to steal. TR flees and all the Kanto gym leaders come back and can be battled as many times as possible. How does that idea sound?

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; July 24, 2012 at 11:07:38 AM.
Old July 24, 2012, 09:51:56 AM
Giratina

Considering Nintendo scolds themselves every time one of their games get rating of T, they would try their best not to add real weapons or actual cruelty, meaning this probably wouldn't go well with them.

Your idea seems to have a central point - more mature game, Team Rocket is more threatening - but it loses focus when you talk about other region Pokémon being available in Kanto, your rival showing up more often to not be a complete arse, and rebattling gym leaders. Plus it just loses meaning after you said Team Rocket would be done with what they are doing the moment you battle Mewtwo, whether you win or lose that battle. Near the end, it seems like nothing's changed - you still battle the Elite Four and your rival - so everything that happened before that seemed a little pointless because it didn't change the end at all, unlike BW where Team Plasma spends the entire game messing with you and the gym leaders then finally crashes into the Champion's room in the Elite Four and you are told to go battle them.

It really seems like this would be more of a fan's hack of the original. You would be able to catch Pokémon that aren't native to Kanto, the story with Team Rocket is altered, Cerulean Cave is accessible before beating the Elite Four, and you could rechallenge gym leaders. There really isn't any deep meaning behind this, like there is with more current Pokémon games. While this game would definitely be more fun because it appeals to what fans want, it lacks the most engaging part of all games which is story. You spend a majority of the game battling the dictatorship that is Team Rocket then you battle Mewtwo then what? Team Rocket just lets their faith rest with Giovanni and just disappear if he loses a gym battle to you? The idea just seems lacking of story elements.

There's my critique on the idea.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; July 24, 2012 at 10:06:51 AM.
Old July 24, 2012, 11:08:44 AM
Zoroark

I updated with more details and I changed my mind on some stuff.
Old July 29, 2012, 06:02:41 AM
Floatzel

I think this would be a great game and i would definitely play it!
Old August 17, 2012, 06:44:43 PM
Zoroark

Alright here are more things I would put in the game:
The whole deal with Mewtwo- Cerulean Cave was where Mewtwo was banished due to its extreme power. The enitire cave had no entrance. Mewtwo trains int he cave against all the wild pokemon, who want to leave, but can't. Mewtwo sometimes breaks walls, but fixes them back with Psychic. Team Rocket uses TNT to break into the Cerulean Cave and try to convince Mewtwo to rejoin them, but Mewtwo refuses the offer. You've stolen the master ball from them, making it nearly impossible to capture Mewtwo. You defeat TR members and some admins that were gym leaders and Mewtwo will then challenge you to a battle in which you cannot catch Mewtwo in. Mewtwo gets rid of TR with Psychic. After defeating Mewtwo, it will go to sleep and you decide to leave as there is no purpose to still be there. You think TR is gone, but once you reach the top of the pokemon league, you're ambushed by TR as they set you up to got here all along. This time Mewtwo will come to you and you autmatically catch MEwtwo and can replace it with a pokemon in your party if there are already 6. You then have an epic battle against Giovanni, even though he already gave you the 8th badge. He has a very tough team this time around. Once you have defated GIovanni, he comes to the conclusion that Mewtwo doesn't deserve to be one of them as it is far more potential. TR disbands and becomes regular citizens
Old August 17, 2012, 06:56:19 PM
Regigigas

well I don't want nintendo to move all there merchandise to the 3ds because they ordinary ds is good enough they could split it up but a remake for red and blue would be nice
Old August 18, 2012, 03:04:48 PM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-li View Post
well I don't want nintendo to move all there merchandise to the 3ds
Well it'd look dope on the 3DS. And also it's a reboot, not a remake.

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; August 18, 2012 at 03:05:21 PM.
Old September 8, 2012, 07:16:46 PM
Haxorus

While it's very unrealistic that Nintendo would release a game of this sort, I do like your ideas. Like what Quad said, this would make for a very nice fan hack, although I think there could be much more depth with where you're going, but it's not all in where your current ideas are, now.
Old September 8, 2012, 07:34:10 PM
Zoroark

I really want to make this game actually, I just need to do some research. I nee to figure out what Nintendo uses to make 3DS games and learn to use the programs. Then that is when I will be able to make this game some sort of reality! Now I hope this doesn't count as breaking one of the piracy policies. I'd like to have this thread closed and I will conitinue it in the hacking section.

Last edited by Plusleplusminun; September 8, 2012 at 07:38:38 PM.