Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Role-Playing

Notices

Search this Thread
Old November 2, 2012, 08:18:53 PM
Kyurem

Default An Imbalance in the Universes... (restart)

Nick drove along a dirt road in his old SUV. It was just a normal morning for him, and he was heading into town to meet up with some friends. He was about to turn off into the village, when something by the edge of the road caught his eye. It appeared to be a pinkish color, although it was hard for him to make out against the brown tone of the gravel and dirt. He stopped the car alongside it to get a closer look. It turned out to be a catlike creature, and it was indeed pink. He recognized this; it was the Pokemon Skitty. Weird. He opened the car's window, reached out, and tapped against the door a couple times to get its attention. The Skitty pricked its ears up, looked at him for a moment, and then ran off into a bush at the side of the road.

Huh. He figured he must have imagined that, though things like that don't really happen to him. Then, he noticed a girl walking down the sidewalk nearby, at the edge of the village. He spoke up. "Hey. Did you see that just now?"
Old November 2, 2012, 08:31:53 PM
Landorus

Tanya was walking quickly down the sidewalk, heading towards her school. One probably wouldn't expect a 17-year-old girl to be heading there on a Saturday morning, but she'd forgotten some of her English homework the day before, and she was hoping the doors would still be open so she could pick it up.
As she hurried along, she heard someone calling out to her and looked up. "Hey. Did you see that just now?"
She looked to where he was gesturing, seeing only the dirt road and the bushes, "See what? Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention."
Old November 2, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
Kyurem

Nick glanced at the bush that the Skitty ran into. He could see a pair of glowing eyes, but then they disappeared. A couple seconds later, it ran out and across the road to a bush on the other side. Nick's eyes followed it and then looked back at Tanya. "There. Did you see that?"
Old November 2, 2012, 08:42:41 PM
Landorus

She did see it that time. Tanya's eyes widened as she watched the little pink Skitty run across the road. When it disappeared again, she looked back up at Nick and nodded, "Yeah, I saw it. How.. how is that even possible?" She turned back to the bush and tried to peer into it, but she couldn't see the little creature again.

Last edited by SpikyEaredPichu96; November 3, 2012 at 06:34:33 PM.
Old November 3, 2012, 07:16:52 PM
Shaymin

Aaron has being quite average today, but his average was not the same to other people as it is for him. He was at the jungle gym at the park handing upside down. This for some reason was just something he liked to do, and never grew out of the habit. He looked really out of place though, he was a 16 year old boy playing on a jungle gym, but anyone who had lived in the town would recognize this as Aaron's normal behavior.

As he was enjoying the hang he saw something that caught his eye. He saw a purple blob run across the park. A little confused, but mostly baffled, he turned right side up to search for the running organism. His eyes darted from place to place, trying to follow the sounds that may be the blob, but couldn't really find it. When a large rustle came from the top of a tree his eyes caught it. It was a bug-like thing with two antennas. It had a strange mouth and a furry body. Aaron didn't really form a strong opinion on the sight before her approached it.
Old November 3, 2012, 07:34:12 PM
Kyurem

"Honestly, I've got no clue," Nick said to Tanya. "...Say, weren't you hurrying somewhere just now?"
Old November 3, 2012, 07:38:43 PM
Landorus

Tanya blinked; seeing the little Pokemon had almost made her forget where she'd been going. She straightened, "Uh, yeah, I was heading to the school. I forgot my English homework, so I was hoping I could run by quick and get it."
Old November 3, 2012, 07:43:19 PM
Kyurem

"I could give you a ride there; I've got some stuff to do around here anyway."
Old November 3, 2012, 08:02:46 PM
Landorus

The girl hesitated a moment, then nodded, "That would be great, thanks."
Old November 3, 2012, 08:06:26 PM
Shaymin

Aaron was sure what to do with it. His first instinct was to just chase after it and see if it would allow him to approach it. Though he was able to climb a jungle gym, he couldn't climb a tree. Maybe he could lure it down. "Hello, thing. Want to come down here?" He sounded really strange talking so odd like to something that wasn't even human. Instead of responding in a way the he would have liked, the thing just jumped out of the tree and started to run down a street. Aaron was still frankly speechless from seeing such a sight. He got a feeling that he should probably leave the park. He got these feelings often, and usually obeyed them. Instead of following the purple thing he went down the opposite road that lead out of town. (Or in other words the road that would take you in town.)
Old November 3, 2012, 08:11:34 PM
Kyurem

Once Tanya got into the car, Nick started driving in the direction of the local central school, as he assumed she was heading there. "By the way, I never asked - what's your name?"
Old November 3, 2012, 08:16:06 PM
Landorus

"Oh, it's Tanya; Tanya Cray," She replied, absently toying with the sleeve of her sweater, "What's yours?"
Old November 3, 2012, 08:19:46 PM
Kyurem

"Nicholas Park." He looked at Tanya for a second and smiled. "Call me Nick."
Old November 3, 2012, 08:31:52 PM
Landorus

Tanya smiled herself, "It's nice to meet you, Nick," She said. She looked out the window, "That Skitty.. was that the only one you saw? Did you see any other Pokemon?"
Old November 3, 2012, 08:58:54 PM
Kyurem

"Nah, that was the first one I've seen." Just then, a Pidgey flew overhead. "...Yep, I sure wasn't imagining that Skitty."
Old November 4, 2012, 10:58:27 AM
Landorus

Tanya looked up and saw it, too, "Nor did I.. what's going on?" Looking forward again, she noticed someone walking down the side of the road nearby. She thought she recignized him from school.. Aaron, she thought his name was.
Old November 4, 2012, 11:37:52 AM
Shaymin

Aaron was walking down the rode when he saw a breed of bird he hadn't seen before. What was that! He thought to himself. There weren't many things he hasn't seen in the town, but seening this was strange. Two things in the same day was quitean event.

A car came rolling down the same rode as he was wandering on. Aaron squinted to see who was in it and it was Tanya from school and a townsmen. He had seen this man around before, but didn't know his name. To be kind he waved at the two of them. This action may seem odd because the two of them have never really talked, but he had gone to the same school as her for a while.
Old November 4, 2012, 03:25:36 PM
Kyurem

Aaron waving at them caught Nick's eye. He looked over at him and slowed the car a little. "Huh?" He then looked at Tanya. "Is that someone you know?"
Old November 4, 2012, 04:27:51 PM
Landorus

Tanya waved back at Aaron, smiling a little. "We go to the same school," She replied to Nick, "Though we haven't really talked to each other before."
Old November 5, 2012, 01:25:39 PM
Shaymin

Aaron kept on walking on the road. The sight of the bird was indeed odd. He started to get one of those odd feelings again, but this time it was telling him to chase in the direction of the bird, so he did. The birds direction was uncertain to him because it had already been out of view before he got the urge. The bird had flow in a line that would have intersected the road perpendicularly. An burden that he would have to deal with is that the only thing in that direction is forest, so he was about to get dirty. It started with a run, but soon went to a slow jog when he felt that he was just in the woods. The running was a little exhausting, but right when he was tired he arrived at a stream.
The sight that he was given was stranger than what he had ever seen, and that is saying something. It was a whole colony of strange animals that he had never seen before. There were ones that looked like animated plants, strange breeds of common animals and ones that looked like they weren't even supposed to be real. This took Aaron a moment to process, but it wasn't in shock at all, just bafflement. He was sure that if he approached them this time that he would scare the away, and god knows what harm they could cause him. So in response to this he just ran. He ran until he was in town again.
Old November 5, 2012, 10:30:58 PM
Landorus

Tanya toyed with the cuff of her sweater sleeve, wishing she could think of something to say to break the silence in the car. After a minute, she looked at Nick, "So.. where do you go to school? I don't think I've ever seen you around the Central High school."
Old November 7, 2012, 06:13:34 AM
Kyurem

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while... :I)

"Oh, I go to a private school, on the outskirts of town." Then he noticed that Central High was pretty much right in front of him. He pulled over on the side of the road and put it in park. "Well, here we are."
Old November 7, 2012, 08:32:01 AM
Landorus

(It's fine. :3)

"Ah, cool," Tanya looked up, seeing they were at the school now. She unbuckled her seat belt, "Thanks a lot for bringing me here, Nick," She said, "I really appreciate it." She opened the door, then hesitated a second, "I guess I'll see you around? I mean, you had somewhere you needed to go, too, didn't you?"
Old November 7, 2012, 01:17:26 PM
Shaymin

(Whenever someone gets back in town, like is walking around or something I will jump back in. I don't know what else to do otherwise since I just was in the forest.)
Old November 7, 2012, 06:17:50 PM
Landorus

(I'm sure it's fine; things are starting out kinda slowly this time around.)
Old November 7, 2012, 06:22:23 PM
Kyurem

"I'm sure we'll see each other at some point soon." Nick smiled a bit and waved.
Old November 7, 2012, 07:59:19 PM
Landorus

Tanya smiled back a little and waved back, "See ya, then. And be careful, some of these Pokemon might get scared and attack instead of just running away." Then she closed the door and half ran up to the doors of the school. The doors were unlocked, as she'd hoped, and she went inside.
It was almost eerie, walking through the empty halls of the school; the girl's footsteps echoed back at her off the walls, and the only light came from the occasional window, leaving most of the halls in darkness. Once or twice, she thought she saw something move out of the corner of her eye, but when she turned her head to look, there wasn't anything there. She picked up the pace a bit, humming an upbeat tune to herself.
When she reached her locker, she quickly twisted the knob the correct amounts to unlock it, and opened the door; inside was her English homework, along with a small first-aid kit, an extra pair of socks, a pad of purple post-it notes, a pencil case with two extra pencils and a pencil sharpener, and a spare notebook. There were several post-it notes stuck to the inside of the door, each one bearing a reminder for one thing or another. Tanya decided that, while she was here, she could go over them quick to refresh her memory, as well as remove a few of the notes that were now obsolete.
As she removed a note that read "Buy tickets for talent show next Friday" from three weeks ago, she felt a strange prickling sensation on the back of her neck. She tried to ignore it, humming to herself again. There wasn't anyone here; not even the janitor came to clean on Saturday. But the feeling didn't go away, in fact it grew steadily stronger. The girl felt her heartbeat quicken and her throat tighten a bit. She was about to turn around to prove to herself that there was nothing there, when something grabbed hold of her hair and yanked on it. Tanya let out a brief scream, jumping so badly she almost hit her head against the locker door. At almost the same time she flinched back and stiffened, waiting for whatever came next.
But there was no blow, or scream, or anything like that. Instead, all she heard was "Dreehehehehehe" .. laughter? Slowly, the girl turned to see what was behind her.
It was obvious from the first glance that it was a Pokemon, and that it was a Ghost; it was a bluish-green color, except for the tips of what resembled hair, which were lilac. It also had what looked like a red necklace, the largest part of which was glowing strangely. "Misdreavus," Tanya placed the name of the little creature before her.
The Misdreavus was still giggling, seeming to say something which Tanya could guess translated to something like "You should've seen your face! Boy, you really jumped!" She got that a lot when she was startled like that. "I guess you got here like all the other Pokemon seem to have," She said, almost more to herself than the Ghost-type Pokemon.
Misdreavus seemed to calm down finally, and nudged gently against the girl with what seemed to be affection. The girl gently petted it on the head, a bit surprised. "I'm glad I could help you get some nutrition," She said, remembering that a Misdreavus startled people to get nourishment, "I have to go now, though." She grabbed her homework from her locker and closed the door, waving to the little Pokemon.
Misdreavus looked after her sadly, then started to follow behind her. Tanya glanced over her shoulder, seeing it following her. "I'm going outside," She told it without stopping, "And it is daytime." It kept following.
"Oh, alright," Tanya said, slowing her pace a bit, "You can come with me." The look of pure delight on the Pokemon's face as it moved faster to catch up to her made the girl smile; she knew she'd made the right decision. Misdreavus quickly came forward and nudged against Tanya again, a little more enthusiastically this time. "You're welcome," The girl said, giggling, "But try to be careful; we don't usually see many Pokemon around here, so people might be a little.. surprised if they see you." Misdreavus nodded, understanding, and seemed to fade a bit, becoming almost transparent. "Neat," Tanya said as she watched, then led the way back down the hall to the front doors and stepped out, starting towards the town and towards her home.

(Deploying huge wall of text..)
Old November 8, 2012, 05:42:58 PM
Shaymin

Aaron ran out of the forest's edge, a little tired and little worn. This whole "seeing weird creatures" thing was starting to become a little trite in his mind. He ran into the street right in front of the school. He started to walk slower and cool down in the direction of the school, Central High. As he walker closer and closer to the school he could see a girl's figure more easily. It turned out to be Tanya, the same girl that he saw before. Aaron approached her casually but saw a strange thing by her.... great. "Hey Tanya."
Old November 8, 2012, 06:06:26 PM
Landorus

Tanya looked up as and saw Aaron walking in her direction; she thought he looked a little worn out. "Hey Aaron," She said, smiling a little, "How's your weekend been going?" All things considered, she thought it was sort of a silly question, but she'd never been a very good conversation starter.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:35:59 PM
Shaymin

"It started normally... Well.. average I should say, but I suddenly had taken a dive to the strange. Have you been seeing strange animals around here lately." Aaron didn't have anywhere to go at all, so he choose to meander in the same direction as Tanya was going.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:50:41 PM
Landorus

Tanya nodded, starting to walk in the general direction of her home again, "If you mean the Pokemon, then yeah," She replied, "I've seen them around. It's so weird, seeing them here.. I thought they were fictional creatures" Even as she spoke, she noticed a couple of Tailows perched on a phone wire to their left.
The Misdreavus from the school followed a little behind the girl, watching the two humans curiously. It started wondering if it could maybe scare Aaron, but it decided doing so in the middle of the conversation probably wouldn't be a good idea. Misdreavus was a mischievous Pokemon, but it wasn't rude.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
Shaymin

The reply to his question was a little strange to Aaron. "So this isn't shocking and perplexing to you? I find that these 'pokemon' are very odd. We are unsure what they can do, why they are here, and what they will do. And I have only seen a few in the town, but a whole colony these 'pokemon' down by the creek." He gestured the in general direction. Aaron was so confused by all that was going on. Where is my mind!, he thought.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:19:28 PM
Landorus

Tanya chuckled a little, "Oh, I was pretty shocked," She said, "Though I think most of it's worn off already. But you're right, we can't really be sure what they'll do. I think as long as we leave them alone, though, they won't be aggressive towards us. Though, some of them can be pretty friendly," She looked over her shoulder at the Misdreavus and smiled. The little Pokemon smiled back brightly and moved a little faster to keep up with them.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:31:33 PM
Shaymin

Aaron was hard to his opinion,but still was cool to his fight. "I dont know what to do, honestly. I want to know how they got here. And just wandering that raises other questions like 'Can other things get to our world'; 'Are there other inter demensional worlds'; 'Do someone bring them here, and for what reason'. I might just be more of a thinker, I do tend to speak my mind more frequently than a lot of people." All he wanted to do was get answers. If that took some force then he would fin another way to access the information about it.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:48:31 PM
Landorus

"Well, that's what I'm wondering, too, honestly," Tanya replied with a little shrug, "But I don't know the answers any more than you do, and I don't know where to find out. Maybe someone will figure something out before long."
Old November 21, 2012, 10:29:57 AM
Landorus

Tanya kicked at a pebble on the cement as she walked, thinking about what to say next. Maybe my brother's right; I do think about this sort of thing to much, She thought. Finally, she looked back up at Aaron and said, "So, I guess you don't know much about Pokemon?"
Old November 21, 2012, 10:36:09 AM
Shaymin

Aaron took in what she said. He didn't really agree that they should sit and wait. But if they just waited, what would they do until they find out, and what if they dont. "I am not familiar wit Pokemon, no. I have heard little about it before but I haven't ever played the games or anything. But you probably do know about it." Aaron didn't want to just seem mopy, because that is how he felt. So he took the time to look around and observe anything near him
Old November 21, 2012, 10:58:19 AM
Landorus

Tanya nodded, "Yeah, I used to play the games quite a bit when I was younger. I've been thinking about picking them up again, but with schoolwork and needing to watch my little brother while my parents are at work, I haven't had the time." She looked over at the boy a moment, thinking, "I could probably lend you one of my games if you wanted," She said, "It might help you learn a little about them."
Old November 21, 2012, 11:19:08 AM
Shaymin

Aaron was just felt a little out of place, though he usually was too blind-minded to ever think that way. "No thanks, now-a-days no one seems to have time for that leisure." Aaron didn't know whether or not to tell her what he say in the forest earlier, or how she might take it. It was such a curious thing to bring about in a conversation. He held out for a little and waited for her to continue.
Old November 26, 2012, 09:51:41 AM
Landorus

Tanya looked up at the sky for a minute to try and think. She watched as a small flock of Altaria flew well overhead, almost completely blending in with the clouds as they rose even higher. "I wonder if it's just this area they're appearing in," She said after a minute, "Or are they appearing in several places all over the world? There are just so many questions..."