Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old July 23, 2011, 08:54:07 PM
Linoone

Default Avatar the Last Airbender: Legend of Korra - Trailer

All I can say is
OMG OMG OMG OMG

(I was quite fond of the original series, great choreographed fight scenes, great story, great humor, great art, and so on so forth - It's great to see it's being continued)
Old July 23, 2011, 09:00:47 PM
Giratina

OH MY GOD! I have heard rumors last year, and I am excited for it! Can't wait!
Old July 23, 2011, 10:16:36 PM
Regigigas

This is seriously totally awesome. Avatar: The Last Airbender was the greatest display of Western-style anime-esque storytelling I have ever seen, particularly the music, character development, and cultural influence. While I think the first series ended fantastically, I always somewhat hoped there would be more, but resigned myself to think it wouldn't happen. Thankfully I was wrong-I'm very much looking forward to this new series

Last edited by AuraKshatriya; July 23, 2011 at 10:17:08 PM.
Old July 26, 2011, 08:54:25 PM
Zoroark

I just hope this series can live up to the original!
Old July 26, 2011, 09:01:22 PM
Giratina

Lol, I commented on the video, and got 100 something likes on it x3 I CANT WAIT FOR IT!
Old July 27, 2011, 12:36:07 PM
Linoone

This is probably gonna be better than the original series. I can't wait for this to air.
Old July 27, 2011, 04:25:49 PM
Volcarona

Well, it's about time! When was this announced? Over a year ago? I thought it was supposed to show up in spring, but I guess they needed more time. Looks like it'll be worth the wait, though.
Old July 27, 2011, 04:52:51 PM
Volcarona

Crap

Good news: This show exists

Bad news: A live action movie of this might exist as well
Old July 28, 2011, 06:19:26 AM
Landorus

I didn't watch the full original series, but I really liked it. Hopefully this will slightly change the outlook on the western cartoons of today.
Old July 28, 2011, 12:23:53 PM
Kyurem

I never really watched Avatar The Last Airbender from start to finish, but the times I watched the show, it was really great.
I hope this new series is as great as the original.

Last edited by Shiny; July 28, 2011 at 12:23:57 PM.
Old July 28, 2011, 08:21:01 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario227 View Post
Bad news: A live action movie of this might exist as well
Actually, I somehow doubt it would, mainly because the Book 2 movie would have to be next, and even if that one got actually made, it would either get horrible box-office ratings or not even make the theaters. It wouldn't survive to make Legend of Korra.
Old July 29, 2011, 10:27:32 AM
Linoone

I'd be surprised if Nick let M. Night Shamalon near essentially one of their centerpieces again after the reception of the first.
Old July 29, 2011, 10:38:14 AM
Giratina

^ Exactly. I don't think they will make a new one, based on all the rants about it.
Old July 29, 2011, 10:45:44 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
^ Exactly. I don't think they will make a new one, based on all the rants about it.
Then make an old one gawsh But then why make it in the first place if their are so many rants about it?
Old July 29, 2011, 10:53:14 AM
Landorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dewott8 View Post
Then make an old one gawsh But then why make it in the first place if their are so many rants about it?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the rants are about the movie itself. I haven't seen it myself, but someone I know did, and apparently, the story was badly done, and Sokka didn't crack one joke through the whole thing. I think the actors they chose to play Sokka and Katara were another main problem. If they do decide to make another one, I hope they'll learn from their mistakes.
Old July 31, 2011, 06:50:04 AM
Zoroark

All the actors were either boring and emotionless or just plain bad, they mispronounced EVERYTHING, the story was completely wrong, Roku didn't even exist, they didn't do koizilla, Zhao was killed by a group of water benders instead of choosing to sink to his own death, they only met Zuko once before the Spirit Oasis... Need I go on?

Sokka was totally serious the whole time, the Fire Nation ships retreated instead of being pushed away, Zhao was insane and completely unthreatening, they actually showed Ozai's face, they didn't understand that if they were going to cast based on race, they should at least get the Nations' races right, the firebenders couldn't create fire on their own fire, every move took about five or six punches/kicks to do a rudimentary attack, there was no character development whatsoever, the Fire Nation bowed to Aang, the blue spirit was a total pushover, the music wasn't even inspired by the original series... And that's just the beginning of what's wrong.

(I saw it last night, so my grievances are still fresh XD)

And to anyone who liked the series, but didn't follow it all the way through: If you have Netflix or something, you should definitely watch the series over again. It's legitimately one of the best-told stories of our generation. There are so few things to gripe about it that I can't even remember what they are. And don't even get me started on the amazing series finale.

Last edited by pokemoneinstein; July 31, 2011 at 06:51:33 AM.
Old September 14, 2013, 04:37:22 PM
Rayquaza

So the show has returned any thoughts?

For me the finale was so bad I can't even enjoy the new episodes because so many of the others problems are still present.

Last edited by Magmaster12; September 14, 2013 at 04:37:33 PM.
Old September 14, 2013, 06:46:38 PM
Landorus

Personally, I enjoyed the new episodes. I think the spirit thing was solved just a bit too quickly (Though I wonder if I would feel the same way if the two episodes had been aired separately), but I'm sure that it isn't the end of that problem. They did ask a lot of questions already and I'm excited to see how and when they'll be answered. I'm not sure how I feel about it overall yet, though; it's a little too early into the season for me.

Also, did anyone else think that the twins were both girls until they started talking? It wasn't until just before then that we'd started to ask "Wait, is one of them a guy?" (And by "we", I mean me and my family).
Old September 14, 2013, 09:12:51 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikyEaredPichu96 View Post
Personally, I enjoyed the new episodes. I think the spirit thing was solved just a bit too quickly (Though I wonder if I would feel the same way if the two episodes had been aired separately), but I'm sure that it isn't the end of that problem. They did ask a lot of questions already and I'm excited to see how and when they'll be answered. I'm not sure how I feel about it overall yet, though; it's a little too early into the season for me.

Also, did anyone else think that the twins were both girls until they started talking? It wasn't until just before then that we'd started to ask "Wait, is one of them a guy?" (And by "we", I mean me and my family).
I totally agree with you. The Legend of Korra seemed to have an issue with conflict and it being solved very quickly, and they didn't fix that yet. Nevertheless, the animation and art style got so much better. It's so pretty to look at and the bending is... ah~ And Bolin is just as adorable as ever. Korra made the wrong choice!

Don't worry, you're not alone on that. Even Bolin thought they were both girls. (I even saw part of the end before it ran again and I STILL though they were both girls...)