Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 2, 2014, 07:17:34 AM
Volcarona

Default MEGA RAYQUAZA

I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING THE LIVE STREAM WHERE THEY REVEALED MEGA RAYQUAZA AND IT IS HANDS DOWN THE COOLEST POKEMON IN EXISTENCE!!!

IT HAS AN AWESOME SIGNATURE MOVE WHERE IT FLIES UP INTO SPACE AND CRASHES DOWN ON THE ENEMY AND AN ABILITY THAT LOOKS LIKE SAND STREAM WHICH IS STRANGE BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE IT IS THE COOLEST DESIGN I HAVE EVER SEEN EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

EDIT: Apparently it's new ability is called Delta Stream which is supposed to have a new weather effect and his signature move is called dragon ascent.

Last edited by MattyBrollic; October 2, 2014 at 07:19:41 AM.
Old October 2, 2014, 07:52:50 AM
Celebi

Info off the Pokemon Website
"Dragon Ascent
The Dragon Ascent move, which Rayquaza alone can use, is a powerful one. It boasts one of the greatest power ratings of all Flying-type moves, putting it at the top of its class. Not only will you be surprised by its overwhelming power—you'll be mesmerized by its majestic appearance! After soaring up toward the heavens in a great burst of speed, it crashes down in attack, dealing massive damage.

Strong Winds Weather Condition
When Mega Rayquaza whips up strong winds with its Delta Stream Ability, this is what happens:
・The moves Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Sandstorm, and Hail will fail.
・The Abilities Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, and Snow Warning will fail to activate.
・Moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are usually weak to will only deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon in the battle."
tl;dr
Rock, Ice and Electric deal neutral damage instead of x2, Making Mega Rayquaza resist electric, take neutral from rock and only being x2 to Ice

Last edited by JDxImpetus; October 2, 2014 at 07:56:53 AM.
Old October 2, 2014, 10:45:58 AM
Kyurem

To OP in my book But Dragon Ascent sounds to beast.
Old October 2, 2014, 11:21:35 AM
Kyurem

Well, with Primal Kyogre and Groudon running around, I figured this would be around sooner or later.

Dang, though, that ability and design is just too awesome to pass up! Like...woah, that's going to kick some major butt in competitive play (instaban to Ubers pls).
Old October 2, 2014, 12:14:36 PM
Mudkip

Mega Rayquaza is amazing! It's ability is very useful when facing weather-based teams, it looks amazing, and Dragon Ascent is going to be so OP! Also, can't wait to see shiny Mega Rayquaza!
Old October 2, 2014, 12:33:08 PM
Keldeo

We apologize, Dragonite is busy having a fanboy spaz attack and is unable to contribute a normal post to this thread at this moment.

Quote:
which Rayquaza alone can use
Does this perhaps mean it can't be Sketch'd or summoned by Metronome, and if someone hacks it onto another Pokémon it'll fail? I don't recall them using that terminology for any other signature moves.
Old October 2, 2014, 12:40:27 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoof View Post
Also, can't wait to see shiny Mega Rayquaza!
I'll grant that wish! I have a shiny rayquaza to use as a test subject. But by the time i get to do that, someone will probably beat me to it.
Old October 2, 2014, 05:21:28 PM
Giratina

Oh god Smeargle with Dragon Ascent! Can't wait to abuse that against some noobs lol
Old October 2, 2014, 08:05:00 PM
Regigigas

I expect people to complain about its Haxorus look. Who cares! Looks awesome! Waaay OP, too! Suiting for the Hoenn Legendaries. Now we just need Mega Flygon...

Last edited by Sub-zero; October 2, 2014 at 08:05:10 PM.
Old October 3, 2014, 11:07:19 AM
Kyurem

*Sigh* People and that Mega flygon....Gamefreak please it happen for the sake of all Flygon fans.
Old October 3, 2014, 12:13:14 PM
Mudkip

I don't want Mega Flygon, with Mega Garchomp and Mega Salamence, it still wouldn't be used much, at least in my opinion...(Not to mention the fact that I dislike Flygon's appearance...)
Old October 3, 2014, 12:24:38 PM
Keldeo

I like Flygon's appearance enough, but it looks more like a Bug/Dragon than Ground/Dragon.

Come to think of it, we've never had a Bug/Dragon before. Off to the "Pokémon You Want to see Made Thread!"