Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Victory Road Gym League > Archived Gyms

Notices

Search this Thread
Old March 16, 2011, 06:26:25 AM
Rayquaza

Well, I suggest not to rush in taking action. We are still playing the game, enjoying it. It is definite that the time for Gen V gym league won't start before the second week of April. Of course, Ningamer's feedback is rather useful since now we are aware of the situation. It seems that WiFi battles are going to have a serious blow of change. Why did GameFreak change it? Why?!
Old March 22, 2011, 12:22:02 PM
Kyurem

It sucks that they got rid of that boost to lv 100 option, now its even harder to check for ivs and hidden power's base power.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:23:32 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit of Time View Post
Well, I suggest not to rush in taking action. We are still playing the game, enjoying it. It is definite that the time for Gen V gym league won't start before the second week of April. Of course, Ningamer's feedback is rather useful since now we are aware of the situation. It seems that WiFi battles are going to have a serious blow of change. Why did GameFreak change it? Why?!
Actually I brought this up. I think it because of Flat Battle to more it a type of battle that would be use more but it is just dumb.
Old April 2, 2011, 07:30:28 AM
Joltik

Can you create an unoffical Gym where other people could be gym leaders, like have another gym set for people? Cuz that would be great!

~Merged by Shadow~

If so, then I would be creating my own!

Last edited by Shadow; April 2, 2011 at 07:48:15 AM. Reason: Double post + merging threads together.
Old April 2, 2011, 07:50:20 AM
Giratina

Okay, let me break things down:

1) To answer your question blueclaw, the reply is no; you can't create a set of unofficial gyms on the forums, since that is a privilege for the gym leaders who have been chosen. Plus, it would confuse members as to what gyms they should battle for getting the badges and entering the Hall of Fame.

2) As [TRDRS]PokeTrader said, any questions related to the Gym League should go in this thread. That's why I merged it with your thread.

3) [TRDRS]PokeTrader, we would all appreciate if you toned it down a little bit. He/she is a new member, so they're not familiar with the things around. Plus, it's a Gym League staff member's job to answer these questions, not yours.

4) Blueclaw, there's nothing wrong with asking questions, so don't hesitate to do it. However, checking the Gym League Guide might answer some of your future questions.

Last edited by Shadow; April 2, 2011 at 07:52:08 AM.
Old May 13, 2011, 02:44:39 PM
Kyurem

Question for those who beat Mag old gym would it mean they still have his badge? This don't affect me in anyways but this wondering.
Old May 14, 2011, 03:44:00 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast64 View Post
Question for those who beat Mag old gym would it mean they still have his badge? This don't affect me in anyways but this wondering.
Yes. Those who defeated Mag before are still considered winners since Mag is using the same fire type like before.
Old May 14, 2011, 07:21:05 PM
Regigigas

I have a question - when will I get my gym back?

I mean, it seems like a pretty simple concept, right? Just tell one of the two you accepted that they don't have the position anymore, then give me back my thread.

Sorry to sound rude, but this was pretty much just a result of the GL Staff's apparent inability to communicate, so yeah. I think I'm allowed to be a little bit mad.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:20:12 AM
Zoroark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
I have a question - when will I get my gym back?

I mean, it seems like a pretty simple concept, right? Just tell one of the two you accepted that they don't have the position anymore, then give me back my thread.

Sorry to sound rude, but this was pretty much just a result of the GL Staff's apparent inability to communicate, so yeah. I think I'm allowed to be a little bit mad.
Excuse me? Is there a problem that I'm not aware of? It would be polite to explain the situation first, before demanding me or Mag to be removed.
Old May 15, 2011, 06:54:48 AM
Rayquaza

Just to get fews things to be understood. First of all, you don't have the right to be mad Blues whatsoever, since the current loss of your gym is not a fatal wound that threatens you exist in the forums. Plus, it is rude to talk about our "inability of communication." As a clarification for all, we are not playing around. We are Global Moderators, Gym League Staff and Victory News Staff, so I hope you understand the amount of job we have to follow along with our own personal life. Simply, Alakazamaster, due to pressure, forgot about your last PM. However, he did remember it later on and notified us immediately. We assure you that we are discussing your matter, and another issue, seriously and we are nearly done with announcing your titles. You do not need to worry, nor to make a big fuss over it. Rest assured. This goes also to Falco, who is now free to create his own gym. He will not be demanded. Your problem, Blues, will be resolved soon.

Now may you all please stop talking about this issue now? Private messages are more appropriate and are more welcomed than angry posts like these...
Old May 24, 2011, 12:10:26 PM
Kyurem

I have an question some gym leader transfer there Gym Team to BW so will they need to make a new team for 4th Generation or not? I wondering since my PO won't work.
Old May 24, 2011, 07:50:21 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I have an question some gym leader transfer there Gym Team to BW so will they need to make a new team for 4th Generation or not? I wondering since my PO won't work.
He's asking if I have to make a new 4th gen team because I wiped my SoulSilver save and moved my Pokemon to White.

You can either get PO to work, wait for me while I finish the rest of my gym team (it's almost done, but due to current problems I'm facing such as summer school, finals, my court date, etc. I can't be hassled with the minute details), or wait -longer- for me to play through a 4th gen game from the beginning so that I can oblige you, and I don't really feel like doing all of that to satisfy one individual.
Old May 24, 2011, 08:05:53 PM
Kyurem

Hey lite, when do you think 5th gen. battles will ready for the gyms here on VR?
Old May 24, 2011, 08:35:57 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashidragon View Post
Hey lite, when do you think 5th gen. battles will ready for the gyms here on VR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow, in the Gym League Announcements Thread, from a while ago
Since everyone has access to the Internet via a computer, it will be assumed that the majority of the gym leaders, if not all of them, will be able to hold battles on Pokémon (DISALLOWED). Actually, the Gym League staff will later discuss if having Pokémon (DISALLOWED) should become a future requirement for all applicants registering for a gym leader position.

I'm assuming the majority of the league has PO so this isn't necessary.

4) Gen V battles will be mandatory for every gym leader. Gen IV battles, on the other hand, are optional: it's up to the gym leader whether he/she wants to allow them in his/her gym or not.

So you need a Gen V ready PO team, basically. I guess for convenience's sake you might want to get one ready on BW as well? But I'm not the one who calls the shots.

5) It is extremely important to note that, since Smogon did not release the official Gen V metagame yet, Gen V battles will not be held immediately. If Smogon takes too long to establish the new metagame, we will have to create our own OU list to the best of our abilities.

This post is dated, however- the OU tier was released recently

6) Regarding Dream World abilities: only released Dream World abilities will be allowed. Therefore, the official tier for all battles held on Pokémon (DISALLOWED) will be WiFi.

7) Gym leaders will be given a good amount of time to organize themselves for Gen V battles and update their gyms, so there's no need to rush any of them.
On PO I have my Gen V Gym team set up, and it's almost completed on my White cart.
Old May 25, 2011, 03:09:58 AM
Kyurem

I am still confusion is 5th Generation BW is still banned right? So would the gym leader transfer them over?
Old May 25, 2011, 03:42:32 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Yes. The person must create a new gym team for the 4th generation battles.

Quote:
I'm hoping by the start/mid of summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteTheIronMan View Post
On PO I have my Gen V Gym team set up, and it's almost completed on my White cart.
I would like to point out that Generation V battles are only allowed on Pokemon (DISALLOWED). Generation V battles on Wi-Fi are not allowed.

Quote:
I am still confusion is 5th Generation BW is still banned right? So would the gym leader transfer them over?
I didn't understand your question.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:46:55 AM
Kyurem

I meant to put, why would a gym leader transfer them over?
Old May 25, 2011, 02:06:40 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Translation: I'm still a little bit confused, because Black and White are still banned in the gym league, right? So why would someone transfer their Gen 4 Pokemon over to it? On a different note, Blues is awesome.

You're welcome.
Old May 25, 2011, 03:44:22 PM
Kyurem

I think he knew what I meant.
Old May 25, 2011, 05:50:07 PM
Shaymin

I transferred them over because
A. I didn't have the Gym League in mind when I did, and I didn't plan on touching Platinum or SoulSilver anytime soon anyways with the release of BW and the 3DS/launch titles

B. the only challenger of my Gym who doesn't seem to ever use PO is Hotblast

I understand I'm going to have to make a Gen IV team on SS/Plat sometime soon, but when 99% of the league has access to PO already why bother? The remaining 1% (Hotblast) needs to figure out how to use PO/how to get it to work. If you still have problems, PO's site has troubleshooting boards.

Last edited by LiteTheIronMan; May 25, 2011 at 05:50:34 PM.
Old May 26, 2011, 03:17:45 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
I transferred them over because
A. I didn't have the Gym League in mind when I did, and I didn't plan on touching Platinum or SoulSilver anytime soon anyways with the release of BW and the 3DS/launch titles

B. the only challenger of my Gym who doesn't seem to ever use PO is Hotblast

I understand I'm going to have to make a Gen IV team on SS/Plat sometime soon, but when 99% of the league has access to PO already why bother? The remaining 1% (Hotblast) needs to figure out how to use PO/how to get it to work. If you still have problems, PO's site has troubleshooting boards.
I do understand why you transfer them over. I am not the only one who can't get Pokemon (DISALLOWED) there is probably 100s of others who is not allow to download it or won't work. I been trying since Thanksgiving 2010 and redownload it 15 times.
Old May 26, 2011, 04:54:37 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
I do understand why you transfer them over. I am not the only one who can't get Pokemon (DISALLOWED) there is probably 100s of others who is not allow to download it or won't work. I been trying since Thanksgiving 2010 and redownload it 15 times.
Those hundreds of others don't go to VR and challenge my gym 9001 times

Also if you bothered to read what I had posted in my GL thread I'm not going to be accepting your requests (or anyone's) for the time being anyway
Old May 31, 2011, 12:44:58 PM
Kyurem

Im waiting to challenge gyms when the gen. 5 battles are allowed in the gyms. That way i can build teams and test them before i get into the gym battles again. But i do still a team on my SS so if i really wanted to i can use that.
Old May 31, 2011, 01:56:06 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Im waiting to challenge gyms when the gen. 5 battles are allowed in the gyms. That way i can build teams and test them before i get into the gym battles again. But i do still a team on my SS so if i really wanted to i can use that.
What do this have to do with anything for the Support Thread?
Old May 31, 2011, 04:59:38 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
What do this have to do with anything for the Support Thread?
he's asking if, when, if ever etc. will the Gym League accept Gen V DS battles, except he's not phrasing it in a question

I personally think Gen V DS battles should open up and the league should just accomodate the Flat Battle rules (esp. since Flat Battle is what official VGC uses)
Old May 31, 2011, 05:08:59 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
he's asking if, when, if ever etc. will the Gym League accept Gen V DS battles, except he's not phrasing it in a question

I personally think Gen V DS battles should open up and the league should just accomodate the Flat Battle rules (esp. since Flat Battle is what official VGC uses)
VGC also enforces item clause, double battles, and bans common Pokemon like Jirachi and Celebi.

More likely than not, though, Gym Leaders will be given the option to raise DS Gym Teams once things really get going, but in the meantime PO Battles will be used because of how much more efficient they make things.
Old May 31, 2011, 07:48:46 PM
Kyurem

Heck i dont even know if i still have PO on our computer anymore?
Old June 1, 2011, 03:06:57 AM
Kyurem

Quote:

Thanks for clearing it up Lite.
Old June 3, 2011, 05:08:41 PM
Kyurem

ya but flat rules are only 3vs3 battles which suck. If i wanted a 3vs3 i would play over the Global wifi battling Rate system thing or play triples.
Old June 5, 2011, 04:13:38 AM
Kyurem

Can we see have the Gym League Archive as a read only forum like /b/uizel is now.
Old June 14, 2011, 12:29:43 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
Can we see have the Gym League Archive as a read only forum like /b/uizel is now.
Why would you want to check out old gyms? It doesn't make much sense, in my opinion.
Old June 14, 2011, 06:15:37 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Why would you want to check out old gyms? It doesn't make much sense, in my opinion.
I am one of those person who are curious who beat the old gym so I can trained myself against him if they are still on the forum.
Old June 14, 2011, 11:02:57 AM
Celebi

@ Aqua

I dont think they can bring back deleted Gyms. Also you wont lean much about the persons battling strategies or anything, you win only see who won the battle and how, so its really no point for that.

Off-Topic:
My post count is now 1234, lol!

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; June 14, 2011 at 11:03:39 AM.
Old June 14, 2011, 12:04:26 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TRDRS]PokeTrader View Post
@ Aqua

I dont think they can bring back deleted Gyms. Also you wont lean much about the persons battling strategies or anything, you win only see who won the battle and how, so its really no point for that.
Actually they have the archieve for a while now but I just think it would be neat to have.
Old June 16, 2011, 02:39:49 AM
Kyurem

This is what he means:

http://victoryroad.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=147
http://victoryroad.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=188
Old June 16, 2011, 05:40:43 AM
Kyurem

Yeah but staff can only view it.
Old June 16, 2011, 07:10:33 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Yeah but staff can only view it.
Oh really? Yeah, then make both of those changes:
  1. Make it visisble to everybody (just for archival purposes, if nothing else)
  2. Disable new posts/threads from being made there
Old June 16, 2011, 07:26:59 AM
Giratina

I want to battle some gym leaders on Gen V DS, but none of them r online and some of the threads are closed... what do i do?
Old June 16, 2011, 07:33:54 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMxTRAINER View Post
I want to battle some gym leaders on Gen V DS, but none of them r online and some of the threads are closed... what do i do?
To challenge a Gym Leader you simply need to post a battle request in their thread. The next time they read their thread they'll see your request and try to organise a time to battle (Through private messaging or visitor messaging). Since there are no leaders online right now, you'll have to post in whatever gym you want to battle and wait. If a leader is online you could sent them a visitor message or try to catch them in the chat.

As for the closed gyms... What's up with that? Those three leaders are all active, is it because they don't have their teams ready?
Old June 16, 2011, 09:17:34 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningamer View Post
As for the closed gyms... What's up with that? Those three leaders are all active, is it because they don't have their teams ready?
Shadow closed his gym because of his exams which is over now so he would probably reopen it soon, Ditto been busy with his life, and Lite I have no clue why he closed his, probably to make a new team or something.

Last edited by Aquablast; June 16, 2011 at 09:23:12 AM.
Old June 16, 2011, 09:19:25 AM
Kyurem

So i guess gen 5 battles are on for certin gyms if the leader is ready for gen 5 battles im i correct.
Old June 16, 2011, 09:37:34 AM
Giratina

Quote:
So i guess gen 5 battles are on for certin gyms if the leader is ready for gen 5 battles im i correct.
Any gym leader who had prepared a Gen V team will battle with Gen V . Every leader must have a Gen V team sometime soon, and should the leader desire they may accept Gen IV battles, too. More about Gen V battles in the Gym League can be found here.
Old June 16, 2011, 10:43:48 AM
Kyurem

Alright thanks for info
Old June 16, 2011, 12:07:51 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Shadow closed his gym because of his exams which is over now so he would probably reopen it soon, Ditto been busy with his life, and Lite I have no clue why he closed his, probably to make a new team or something.
Yeah, Lite's still in the process of developing a new team, though he's already tried out a few different variants.
Old June 16, 2011, 12:57:00 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Lite I have no clue why he closed his, probably to make a new team or something.
My team is ready on PO and submitted to Shadow- I submitted it as soon as I got the mass PM sent to the Gym League.

I closed the Gym because:

1. I have to deal with summer school which will last me till the end of July
2. I have to deal with my court notice regarding my (improper) traffic citation/misdemeanor for trespassing
3. The two above combined with other personal circumstances has left me with depression and other stress, and I don't see why I should be keeping up with something as trivial as this now.

I WILL open the Gym as soon as I feel I'm able to manage it again which should be soon. Apparently no one bothered to read the post in my Gym when I locked it.
Old June 16, 2011, 01:01:22 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
My team is ready on PO and submitted to Shadow- I submitted it as soon as I got the mass PM sent to the Gym League.

I closed the Gym because:

1. I have to deal with summer school which will last me till the end of July
2. I have to deal with my court notice regarding my (improper) traffic citation/misdemeanor for trespassing
3. The two above combined with other personal circumstances has left me with depression and other stress, and I don't see why I should be keeping up with something as trivial as this now.

I WILL open the Gym as soon as I feel I'm able to manage it again which should be soon. Apparently no one bothered to read the post in my Gym when I locked it.
Sorry I didn't read that.
Old June 17, 2011, 06:42:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Although I forgot to open my gym after finishing my exams, I decided to keep it closed until I get my Gen V team ready by the end of this month. Then I'll re-open it for all challengers, most notably AuraKshatriya and Aquablast since they're active members who requested a battle a long time ago.
Old July 14, 2011, 06:20:55 PM
Regigigas

Which server do I use for Pokemon (DISALLOWED) to get to the Gym Leaders?
Old July 14, 2011, 06:26:10 PM
Celebi

We don't have a specific server but we mainly use the main PO Server and the Smogon Server. You will have to contact each of us to find out which server(s) we use.

Last edited by [TRDRS]PokeTrader; July 14, 2011 at 06:27:09 PM.
Old July 14, 2011, 06:34:07 PM
Regigigas

Got it. Thanks!
Old July 14, 2011, 09:31:46 PM
Kyurem

I checked smogon but they dont have it yet about drought being banned? I listened to the smogon's recent smogcast for UU and they said something about drought being banned but i didnt catch if it was for UU or OU. That way I know if drought would be allowed if i decide to use it against the gyms.

Last edited by kakashidragon; July 14, 2011 at 09:33:05 PM.
Old July 15, 2011, 04:35:24 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuvatTenlii View Post
Which server do I use for Pokemon (DISALLOWED) to get to the Gym Leaders?
We don't got a PO server for Victory Road, just used any server you feel like it.

Quote:
I checked smogon but they dont have it yet about drought being banned? I listened to the smogon's recent smogcast for UU and they said something about drought being banned but i didnt catch if it was for UU or OU. That way I know if drought would be allowed if i decide to use it against the gyms.
I am not sure the GL Staff Member know better than I do.

Last edited by Aquablast; July 15, 2011 at 04:38:08 AM.
Old July 15, 2011, 05:59:26 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Drought is banned in UU.
Old July 15, 2011, 08:52:55 PM
Kyurem

Just UU its banned? Ok good to know cause the gyms use OU tiers right, or can they be UU as well? It just came to mind as a question to ask.
Old July 16, 2011, 07:40:08 AM
Regigigas

I suppose I could be wrong, but the Gym Leaders could technically use any Pokemon from any tier if it suits them. Though, yeah, anything banned in OU isn't usable against the GLs (Ex. Ubers)
Old July 30, 2011, 04:47:57 AM

Are all gym battles held on wifi for the DS?
If they are, are they all 5th gen wifi battles?
Old July 30, 2011, 05:23:47 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
Are all gym battles held on wifi for the DS?
If they are, are they all 5th gen wifi battles?
I don't think most gym leader do 5th DS because your team must be level 100 but I know TRDRS does. I recommend downloading Pokemon (DISALLOWED) because all the gym leaders battle on that.
Old August 13, 2011, 05:32:24 PM
Zoroark

Is it just me or are we missing an Eighth Gym...?
Old August 13, 2011, 06:01:08 PM
Kyurem

No you are not. Blues did drop out of the league but Shadow the head of the gym leader is gone and Kaz and Nin are probably too busy since they are G.Mods. Just wait until we get word from them.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:08:19 PM
Zoroark

I just wanted to point out it if nobody knew or whatever. Well you confirmed my guess, so now I will just sit here and wait.
Old August 13, 2011, 08:25:08 PM
Giratina

The GL staff have been throwing PMs back and forth regarding the eighth gym leader. I think we're almost at a conclusion.
Old August 13, 2011, 09:48:22 PM
Shaymin

I actually don't know how to do this, but seeing as how I'm an admin I should be able to do it. How does one add Gym Badges to another user's profile? Or are they supposed to just put it in their sig?
Old August 14, 2011, 04:01:35 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I actually don't know how to do this, but seeing as how I'm an admin I should be able to do it. How does one add Gym Badges to another user's profile? Or are they supposed to just put it in their sig?
You see, Freeze is the one who created the badge page, which is where the GL staff members can add gym badges to other people's profiles. So he's the one who really knows how things work over there.
Old August 19, 2011, 04:39:53 PM
Zoroark

I have yet to have the Reactor Badge set into my profile, so if someone could do that, it'd be much appreaciated.
Old August 19, 2011, 04:42:55 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
It's stored in the database, and I did create the interface. And in my classic style, I never completed it

(As per Shadow's request, I'll be adding the finishing touches in a week or two -- ya know, six months later than it shouldabeen.)
Old August 26, 2011, 02:11:02 PM
Kyurem

So we dont have to add the badges in or sig. anymore, they'll just show up under or names. I see that the leaf one is grey even though i have it

Last edited by kakashidragon; August 26, 2011 at 02:11:31 PM.
Old August 26, 2011, 02:44:03 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
So we dont have to add the badges in or sig. anymore, they'll just show up under or names. I see that the leaf one is grey even though i have it
I believe that if the badge is grey, it was from a past gym that is no longer used.
Old August 26, 2011, 07:38:52 PM
Kyurem

So I have to battle a different gym that replaces the one that i won it? So say if i had 8 badges one goes grey, i would have to battle the new one to re-earn the 8th badge? Unless i would be able to keep the old badge and do that thing where i can replace a gym leader.
Old August 26, 2011, 10:15:37 PM
Giratina

Quote:
So I have to battle a different gym that replaces the one that i won it? So say if i had 8 badges one goes grey, i would have to battle the new one to re-earn the 8th badge? Unless i would be able to keep the old badge and do that thing where i can replace a gym leader.
Think so. Also, I need Mag's badge. He didn't update his gym yet though... And also, what about Lites badge? Is it gonna have to be grayscaled?

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; August 26, 2011 at 10:16:25 PM.
Old August 27, 2011, 12:41:38 PM
Giratina

Quote:
If you have 8 gym badges and then one of them gets grey-scaled, you need to get the new one.

Quote:
Think so. Also, I need Mag's badge. He didn't update his gym yet though... And also, what about Lites badge? Is it gonna have to be grayscaled?
You have been awarded the Volcano Badge, and yes, the Reactor Badge will have to be grey-scaled.
Old August 27, 2011, 12:55:53 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Huh. Thats weird... I checked and i had mags badge, but not anymore O.o
Mag badge is on your profile but not until your name, I don't know why though.
Old August 31, 2011, 11:48:09 AM
Rayquaza

I was thinking of those who currently have their gyms and used to have them during the Gen IV metagame. Of course, each gym got defeated by certain members and those members were listed down in each gym. Currently, since these members already defeated those leaders and got their badges, they no longer challenge these gyms. What I was thinking is if those members get to be mentioned in the gyms they defeated before, stating that they defeated them in Gen IV and then get the badges off them. If all those badges that were won in the previous metagame are removed, then these people will rechallenge the leaders again using Gen V. This would increase the activity of the gyms, I hope.
Old August 31, 2011, 12:39:54 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I was thinking of those who currently have their gyms and used to have them during the Gen IV metagame. Of course, each gym got defeated by certain members and those members were listed down in each gym. Currently, since these members already defeated those leaders and got their badges, they no longer challenge these gyms. What I was thinking is if those members get to be mentioned in the gyms they defeated before, stating that they defeated them in Gen IV and then get the badges off them. If all those badges that were won in the previous metagame are removed, then these people will rechallenge the leaders again using Gen V. This would increase the activity of the gyms, I hope.
Maybe rather than having greyed-out badges, a badge won from a battle prior to Gen V could be coloured completely gold, rather than just outright removing the badges (Especially since they're displayed on every post now, removing them seems unfair). Or at least some way of showing that it's from a Gen IV battle, while still keeping the badge.
Old August 31, 2011, 02:24:15 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Maybe rather than having greyed-out badges, a badge won from a battle prior to Gen V could be coloured completely gold, rather than just outright removing the badges (Especially since they're displayed on every post now, removing them seems unfair). Or at least some way of showing that it's from a Gen IV battle, while still keeping the badge.
I really like the idea and understand where it's coming from, but I believe it's going to be so much work collecting names of members who got the badges during Gen IV and giving them the gold versions. Also, don't you think it will look a little confusing if a member has a gold version and a normal version of the same badge displayed under his name? Takes up a lot of space, too.

I'll try to contact FreezeWarp to see if he has any ideas, since this one seems imperfect for the purpose. Or he may edit some stuff and work his way around to make it successful, I really don't know. I'll get back to you guys once I get a reply from him.
Old September 1, 2011, 11:14:54 AM
Regigigas

Quote:
.....Meaning I'd have to defeat Kazam again....
In terms of activity boosting, the idea does work, though.
Old September 3, 2011, 06:38:47 PM
Kyurem

So whens the next person going to be chosen to be a gym leader? Its been like 3 weeks i say since people sent in there applications
Old September 4, 2011, 04:44:12 AM
Giratina

Quote:
So whens the next person going to be chosen to be a gym leader? Its been like 3 weeks i say since people sent in there applications
We've already chosen one new leader - Spirit of Time is returning to his Steel Gym post. The gym staff are currently debating the second new leader... shouldn't be long now. There are also various other Gym-League-related things going on, so that's why there's been a slight delay on this last leader.
Old September 4, 2011, 06:01:04 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
We've already chosen one new leader - Spirit of Time is returning to his Steel Gym post. The gym staff are currently debating the second new leader... shouldn't be long now. There are also various other Gym-League-related things going on, so that's why there's been a slight delay on this last leader.
By the way, I already returned, not 'is returning'.
Old September 6, 2011, 09:25:18 PM
Kyurem

when the next person is selected, does that person have to do a test battle to see if there good enough for there gym? I thought maybe i ask this just in case.
Old September 7, 2011, 01:54:45 AM
Rayquaza

Quote:
when the next person is selected, does that person have to do a test battle to see if there good enough for there gym? I thought maybe i ask this just in case.
By the way, Elaine has already been selected and the gyms are already eight. However, for your information, when you get selected by the staff, then you are a gym leader and no test battles are needed.
Old September 7, 2011, 04:23:25 AM
Giratina

Quote:
However, for your information, when you get selected by the staff, then you are a gym leader and no test battles are needed.
Not always, though. The GL staff members did carry a test battle with one of the previous applicants. Also, if two applicants seem to be at the same level, they may be required to battle each other for the spot.
Old September 11, 2011, 06:23:03 PM
Zoroark

I'm amused to find that my badge has yet to be added under my username.
Old September 12, 2011, 07:15:53 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
I'm amused to find that my badge has yet to be added under my username.
Oh my, I completely forgot to do that. Thanks for reminding me.
Old September 12, 2011, 02:10:14 PM
Kyurem

Hey what should i do with this green leaf badge thats in my sig? Should i keep it there to prove that i won it or get rid of it from my sig?
Old September 12, 2011, 02:33:31 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Hey what should i do with this green leaf badge thats in my sig? Should i keep it there to prove that i won it or get rid of it from my sig?
Well since all of the badges that you have won are under your username, you technically don't need any badges in your signature. It is up to you, really.
Old September 12, 2011, 09:24:27 PM
Kyurem

I guess i'll keep them in my sig for now.
Old October 1, 2011, 08:58:15 PM
Keldeo

Ooooh this things still open?
I just realized I havn't even tried to take you guys on yet.

Consider this a warning, for come next week THE FORMER NORMAL TYPE GYM LEADER SHALL RISE TO HIS FORMER GLORY AND BEYOND! Fufufu~
Old October 29, 2011, 07:22:48 AM
Rayquaza

I want to inform everyone that Thundurus and Excadrill are considered now Ubers by Smogon.
Old November 12, 2011, 03:40:53 AM
Giratina

Quote:
I want to inform everyone that Thundurus and Excadrill are considered now Ubers by Smogon.
Thank you. I'll make a reference to that in my upcoming message to the Gym Leaders.

Last edited by Shadow; November 12, 2011 at 04:03:14 AM.
Old December 24, 2011, 09:48:30 PM
Giratina

Okay a question: May we use Dream World abilities that I am not sure have been released such as Contrary Serperior or Unburden Sceptile? This goes for the Challenger and Gym Leader position.
Old December 25, 2011, 08:59:26 AM
Kyurem

Also what are we going to do about all the inactive gym leaders? There is only a few who are active.
Old December 25, 2011, 01:30:18 PM
Shaymin

I won a badge but it still isnt showing it (I went to the pending badges thread a long time ago)
Old December 25, 2011, 02:00:11 PM
Kyurem

Where is Shadow btw?
Old December 25, 2011, 03:09:32 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Okay a question: May we use Dream World abilities that I am not sure have been released such as Contrary Serperior or Unburden Sceptile? This goes for the Challenger and Gym Leader position.
Since all battles are conducted over Pokemon (DISALLOWED), and the system does not allow battlers to use strategies that have not yet bee released, the answer is no.

Quote:
Also what are we going to do about all the inactive gym leaders? There is only a few who are active.
The Spirit of Time is the only one with a locked Gym. Ditto has resigned, and every other leader has an open Gym. I can't herlp it if some leaders have not received challenges in a while, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
I won a badge but it still isnt showing it (I went to the pending badges thread a long time ago)
Done!

Quote:
Where is Shadow btw?
The end of the school semester hit him hard, since he had quite a lot to do, and I can only assume he has been spending his vacation offline. He has not announced any depeartures from Victory Road, though.

Last edited by Alakazamaster; December 25, 2011 at 03:11:11 PM.
Old December 25, 2011, 03:25:45 PM
Giratina

So yea, I seem to be missing my badge as well from beating Reuinclus's gym.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; December 25, 2011 at 03:25:55 PM.
Old December 25, 2011, 06:47:46 PM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplasma View Post
Speaking of this, I finally beat Spirit with my Haxxy ways~ lol But yeah just saying he can't post in his gym cuz its closed but he edited his front page of the gym for proof!

EDIT: I looked it up, Dream World Treeko was given out in Japan or something so it technically is obtainable. May I use my sceptile? <3

Last edited by PHANTOMxTRAINER; December 25, 2011 at 09:11:40 PM.
Old December 26, 2011, 07:07:43 AM
Kyurem

What about a remodel to the league and adding an Elite 4? There is about 100 users on everyday, we could do it. Also if you feel we won't have a ton of users interest ask Cat to make a video on his Youtube about it.
Old January 1, 2012, 01:08:26 AM
Giratina

Quote:
What about a remodel to the league and adding an Elite 4? There is about 100 users on everyday, we could do it. Also if you feel we won't have a ton of users interest ask Cat to make a video on his Youtube about it.
Looking at the current state of the VRGL, my answer has to be no for now. Once I re-organise the VRGL after all the resignations/inactivity (along with Alakazamaster), the idea of an Elite 4 would be realistic to discuss.
Old January 15, 2012, 07:06:44 AM
Rayquaza

I was checking Smogon and apparently, Deoxys-S is now an Uber. Moreover, Blaziken, even if its ability is Blaze, is still considered an Uber.
Old January 15, 2012, 10:43:44 PM
Kyurem

A VR elite4, i could be one heck of an e4 member. But I guess it depends on like for the signing up thing for the gyms.