Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Pokémon > Pokémon General

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 9, 2014, 11:34:45 PM
Kyurem

Default [SPOILERS] Megas and More in October Issue of CoroCoro

The October leaks of CoroCoro have been confirmed! With it comes new Megas and a few new tidbits of information here and there about the new games. It also clears up a few questions about older footage seen, particularly one scene depicted back in E3 of this year. So without further ado...

New Mega Evolutions
CoroCoro brings with it the first true unveiling of two Megas that were discovered months ago by hackers in X/Y. These two Mega Evolutions are Mega Latias and Mega Latios. These two both retain their Dragon/Psychic typing and their ability Levitate. We also know from the data before that Mega Latias has the stats 80/100/120/140/150/110 and Mega Latios has the stats 80/130/100/160/120/110.
Click image for larger version

Name:	corocoro5.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	6477

As for even newer Megas, we have the surprisingly announced Mega Beedrill! Mega Beedrill retains its Bug/Poison typing and gains a new ability in Adaptability. Its Attack and Speed are to drastically increase.

Name:	corocoro2.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	977.5 KB
ID:	6478

Next up we have the new Mega Pidgeot! Mega Pidgeot retains its Normal/Flying type and gains the ability No Guard. It is said to receive a big boost in its Special Attack.

Name:	corocoro3.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	889.1 KB
ID:	6479

The Eon Ticket and Eon Flute
For those of you who played the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, you may recall an event item called the Eon Ticket, which allowed for travel to the Southern Island and the capture of the opposite version's Lati twin. The same will be the case this time around, just without the silly E-Reader function. Like before, Latios will be obtainable naturally in Omega Ruby while Latias will be so in Alpha Sapphire. The Eon Ticket can be obtained in a serial code that will be released for Japan in December's issue of CoroCoro.

The Eon Flute is a new item that allows for flight upon the back of Latias/Latios. This allows you to fly about in the sky, as hinted at in E3's trailer of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. You can freely turn and accelerate the Pokémon you ride on.

Name:	corocoro4.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	962.5 KB
ID:	6480

Legends in the Sky...?
While flying on the back of Latias/Latios, you may encounter some wild Pokémon. However, you can also encounter some dark ares which are referred to as "Mythical Places," which can be found in the sky or on various islands that can only be reached by flight. These places allow for the encounter of legendary Pokémon, supposedly going so far as to allow the capture of every non-event Legendary Pokémon (i.e. Mew, Celebi, etc.). Currently confirmed, however, are Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

Name:	corocoro6.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	989.1 KB
ID:	6481

Source: Serebii.net, PokeBeach

Last edited by GrassPokemonFTW; October 10, 2014 at 07:33:04 AM.
Old October 10, 2014, 06:59:20 AM
Rayquaza

Darn I just went out of my way to recapture a bunch of legendary pokemon.

I hope this means certain Pokemon that haven't obtainable though normal means since Gen IV will be in this game.
Old October 10, 2014, 07:06:12 AM
Kyurem

Looks like Magmaster beat me to my own editing.

Anyways, all the information included in leak have been posted, so, discuss.
Old October 10, 2014, 09:47:49 AM
Keldeo

i facepalmed so hard when I saw this at first. out of all the underloved pokémon, why these two? Then it hit me that that's exactly why they should be getting a Mega . . .

Who knows. Imagine if Mega Beedril becomes Uber or something, that would be hilarious.
Old October 10, 2014, 04:54:24 PM
Mudkip

According to Bulbapedia, every non-event legendary will be available in Gen VI, so, if I did my math right, 30 legendaries will be available in ORAS! Also, I'm gonna be unhappy if Pidgeot and Beedrill get Megas and others don't, i.e. Dragonite.

Last edited by Bidoof; October 10, 2014 at 04:54:38 PM.
Old October 10, 2014, 05:06:34 PM
Volcarona

Going to attempt to hatch a shiny Weedle for this since it was my first shiny ever besides the red Gyarados back in Silver Version.
Old October 10, 2014, 07:07:50 PM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBrollic View Post
Going to attempt to hatch a shiny Weedle for this since it was my first shiny ever besides the red Gyarados back in Silver Version.
Maybe i should RNG breed in white 1 for a shiny one first hehe
Old October 10, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

I'm not the first person to notice this, but I think it's interesting enough to bring up.
Hoopa in ORAS Theory    
The legendaries coming into Hoenn might be because of Hoopa.

Name:	Hoopa.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	6482
[Click to see red circles]
All legendaries are coming out of golden rings that appear to be teleportation rings. In addition, you can possibly see a silhouette of Hoopa in the picture. (It looks a little like Diancie, but I'm pretty sure it's Hoopa)