The only other sounds the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

--Robert Frost, "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

Hello, all.
My gosh, it feels so strange to be the one in charge of this section of VR. Well, it's time to get to work then by advertising our next upcoming event.

Again to reiterate, Shiny will continue to handle the Secret Santa event as his final action, but Christmas is coming pretty quickly. Before you realize it, Christmas will have come and gone and we'll be setting our sights on a brand new year: 2012.

2012 has seemed like a very important year for me to be ready for for a long time. For starters, it's my cohort year (that is, the year I graduate high school). Basically that means it's the year that a completely new life begins for me as I move out of the small hick town that tries to act like a city that I call home. It's also the beginning of my first full year on Victory Road, and now I'm a Staff Member, which will cause my life overall to be strangely busy for the next couple months and however long my schedule stays awkward. There are a lot of promises that I need to keep to myself, and I think the same may apply to you, reader.

With this in mind, it is with excitement that I announce my first event-- New Year's Resolutions! Here's how it will work--
My fellow official, GrassPokemonFTW, and I will be hanging out in the Anime Style Battling room on VRIM. Because of our time zones, Midnight, the beginning of a new year, will be about 2 hours apart for the two of us. When my clock strikes Midnight (11:00 PM according to VRIM), the event will begin. It will end when it is Midnight for Grass (1:00 AM). This is not a matter of staying around to win a pokemon or buy one for a good auctioned price; rather, it is a matter of showing up at any point in time. Here's what you do.

1.) While the event is going, find the room. I'll post it when the event begins, or you can find it yourself in the Rooms list on VRIM.
2.) When you've found the room during the event, simply write a sentence or two in which you state what your New Year's Resolution is. What do you hope to accomplish in 2012?
3.) You will be given a choice of Pokemon to claim. These pokemon have been chosen by a specific undisclosed method of selection.
4.) Register your claimed pokemon at the Registration Office. You do not need to provide proof of having received the pokemon. Grass and I will know.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send Grass or Me a VM (just don't turn this thread into a discussion or chat board, or I'll have to close it, which I don't really feel like doing).

We'll see you in 2012!

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; December 26, 2011 at 10:48:09 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old December 31, 2011, 02:20:43 PM
Regigigas

Okay, guys, tonight's the night of the big event!

http://vrim.victoryroad.net/chat.php?room=100155
This is the new ASB room where GrassPokemonFTW and I will be.

Things are going to be a little bit different, however. We will be extending the time by a couple hours. I will be around the room from 10 PM to 2 AM Mountain Time.

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; December 31, 2011 at 02:33:11 PM.
Old December 31, 2011, 08:01:30 PM
Regigigas

The Event is starting right now, guys!
Head on over to the room posted above!
Old January 1, 2012, 06:10:58 AM
Kyurem

Wait I got a Riolu because I had to go to bed right after I did it.