Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Artwork, Music, and Fan-Fiction > Music and Audio

Notices

Search this Thread
Old January 8, 2012, 06:36:51 PM
Floatzel

Default Silver X's Remixes and MIDI Collections

Welcome to my little page of remixes~ I use FL Studio, A lot of free synthesizers and soundfonts, and MIDI Files. I write remixes of Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Legend of Zelda songs. I really like writing remixes of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon songs, but I still don't know much about FL Studio, so any feedback/constructive criticsm would be helpful~ I've started doing a different style of remixing than the usual copy/paste MIDI sequences. I also have a large collections of MIDI files from PMD 1. If anybody knows where I could get PMD 2 MIDI files, that would be awesome.
Anyway, here they are;

Let me know what you think!

And now, for my MIDI Collections...Created by me!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team MIDI Collection
Okay, re-uploaded the MIDI Collection. The password for download is once again, "victoryroad' without the "".

Last edited by SilverX; February 27, 2012 at 02:42:06 AM.
Old January 29, 2012, 03:32:52 AM
Floatzel

Another one:

Last edited by SilverX; January 29, 2012 at 02:38:20 PM.
Old January 29, 2012, 02:05:50 PM
Volcarona

Ohh so we've got ourselves another fellow music Remixer here on this site, glad to see you posting your stuff! Not only that but you're using FL Studio, just like myself. Though you're just starting out I would imagine, your sound does not have any clipping that I can hear at least which is really good and you're experimenting with different instruments as well which is good, I'd say you're off to a great start so far! My suggestion to start out with would perhaps be try playing around with percussion, like attempt to make your own beat as well. Maybe even try out Fruity Slicer and load up a drum loop in it to play around with making a beat based on a sample, that's always fun. If you need more percussion kits, I can probably help you get a few as I've got a LOT on my computer that I get from random free sites so it'd be relatively easy for me to compress them and upload them. If you have any questions though about FL Studio, feel free to ask me and I can see what I can do to help you out!

And as for another files sharing site besides the lost Megaupload, I use Box.net which works really good and then there is always 4Shared and MediaFire which I also use and recommend as well. I'd be interested in some of your PMD2 midi files as you have a few that I don't have in my collection that'd I'd also be grateful to have.

Last edited by LugiaDialga; January 29, 2012 at 04:32:08 PM.
Old January 29, 2012, 02:38:08 PM
Floatzel

^Thanks for the tips. I can't load the FPC or Fruity Slicer because both of those happen to crash FL Studio on my computer. I mess with the drums a bit, (Adding new drum lines and such) But I prefer the melody. Usually I write something, my sister looks over it, giving me advice, (She knows way more about FL Studio than I do.) And then I upload. ^^ But I'll try your advice about the drums.

Okay, re-uploaded the MIDI Collection. The password for download is once again, "victoryroad' without the "".

Last edited by SilverX; January 29, 2012 at 02:42:00 PM.
Old January 29, 2012, 04:30:53 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
^Thanks for the tips. I can't load the FPC or Fruity Slicer because both of those happen to crash FL Studio on my computer. I mess with the drums a bit, (Adding new drum lines and such) But I prefer the melody. Usually I write something, my sister looks over it, giving me advice, (She knows way more about FL Studio than I do.) And then I upload. ^^ But I'll try your advice about the drums.

There is SliceX as well, I'd not know why it'd be crashing your computer... that's odd, even on my cruddy lappy it does not crash. And if you'd like me to look over your remixes sometime, I'd be more than happy to do so! I know a bit about FL Studio and I have buddies who know even more than myself, I've also got a book full of more complex information about the program so I am here if you need anything!
Old January 29, 2012, 05:29:16 PM
Floatzel

Ah, yes. SliceX. It's like Gross Beat, right?
Old January 29, 2012, 05:47:31 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Ah, yes. SliceX. It's like Gross Beat, right?
Actually no. SliceX is a plugin you load up on the Sequencer with all your channels, it's just like Fruity Slicer actually where you load it up then click n' drag your drum loop samples in there to slice them up so that you can grab each individual percussive instrument in that sound sample, it's very useful and my good buddy LightUmbreon from youtube and myself have used this method plenty of times. Gross Beat loads up in the Mixer and it distorts and scrambles up audio, it's very useful for many different effects, it can even be used to make Gated Pads and Side-Chaining as well.
Old January 29, 2012, 06:13:10 PM
Floatzel

That's another question I've got; How the heck do you sidechain in FL Studio? My sis and I have been trying forever, but we can't figure out how to do it.

And also, could ya link to where ya got your drums? I'd like to get them. I really liked your drums in your Shoal Cave Remix. (I'm thinking that'll be my next remix project- Shoal Cave) ^^

Last edited by SilverX; January 29, 2012 at 07:38:36 PM.
Old January 29, 2012, 07:51:23 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
That's another question I've got; How the heck do you sidechain in FL Studio? My sis and I have been trying forever, but we can't figure out how to do it.

And also, could ya link to where ya got your drums? I'd like to get them. I really liked your drums in your Shoal Cave Remix. (I'm thinking that'll be my next remix project- Shoal Cave) ^^
Sure, I can PM you with some links and other stuff since some of the links are from my Mediafire and I would not know if it has a bandwidth or not so I'll just play safe and send them to you as I've got a few things to send ya. Hehe I thought there were errors in that remix of mine but I'm glad you like it, I cannot wait to hear your take on Shoal Cave! And Side-Chaining, there are several ways of going about it actually. There are many quick tutorials filled with these various methods avialble on youtube, here is one that I've tested out and it's quite fun, and it's quick. Plus this guy's accent in the video is worth it too. x3 Btw I'm so intrigued that you have a sister that also uses FL Studio since I only knew of me and another buddy, so it's good to see other fellow FLS Female users as well~

Last edited by LugiaDialga; January 29, 2012 at 07:51:54 PM.
Old January 29, 2012, 08:00:28 PM
Floatzel

Oh boy, it's the Guru! I never knew they had a tutorial on sidechaining! This is so helpful~
Kehehe, My sis is the only other person I know in real life who uses FL Studio...*sniffles*
Old February 11, 2012, 09:36:25 PM
Haxorus

Would you object if I made some remixes using some of your MIDI files? I don't plan on releasing the remixes anywhere other than on VictoryRoad, but I will definitely give you credit.

Last edited by Seiji J. Konokama; February 11, 2012 at 09:37:15 PM.
Old February 12, 2012, 05:09:47 AM
Floatzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiji J. Konokama View Post
Would you object if I made some remixes using some of your MIDI files? I don't plan on releasing the remixes anywhere other than on VictoryRoad, but I will definitely give you credit.

Not at all. That's why I posted them. You can post them anywhere you want, by the way.

Hmm...I'm wondering what I should remix next... :/

Last edited by SilverX; February 12, 2012 at 05:10:41 AM.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:29:41 AM
Haxorus

Arigato. :3

As for remix ideas, I really don't know what to suggest. I guess Rusty Ruins from Sonic 3D for Saturn might make a good remix...
Old February 26, 2012, 01:21:56 PM
Floatzel

I tried writing a remix by ear this time, instead of doing the typical copy/paste MIDI file thing. I actually prefer this way. This one is the Tin Tower theme from G/S/C. The main melody(The main Tower theme) starts up about 2 minutes into the song.
EDIT:

Amp Plains this time~ :3

Last edited by SilverX; February 27, 2012 at 03:58:23 AM.
Old March 16, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
Floatzel

Finally, I went and made another remix.
This time it's the Stone Tower theme from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I LOVED that game, and I just figured out how to play this theme on the piano. :3
I wrote this one by ear, by the way.

Last edited by SilverX; June 9, 2012 at 06:19:39 PM.
Old June 9, 2012, 06:23:15 PM
Floatzel

A new, creepy remix.

It's the Union Cave theme from GSC.

Here's a link in case the video isn't working;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvdTD...ature=youtu.be

I honestly need more instruments. All I really use is Sytrus.
...In fact, I think this was written purely with Sytrus.

Last edited by SilverX; June 9, 2012 at 06:30:20 PM.