Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > General Chat > Blogs

Notices

Search this Thread
Old October 21, 2012, 01:09:25 AM
Regigigas

Default Asdnifouafaiosbfhawejf: A blog

Day 1 (10/21/12)

The month of Halloween has been upon us for quite a while now, and I find it strange how much celebration is put into this one night (that is typically a school night, mind you) for so long before it, whereas there are holidays that warrant half to a full week off form everything ever that barely gets noticed due to its being sandwiched between Halloween and Christmas. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is pretty important to me, but while Halloween has not ever really qualified as a holiday in my personal opinion, Thanksgiving is one of those days that I actually feel should be taken seriously-- at least, more seriously than what it's been made into. I know Christmas is almost as bad in that respect, but for one reason or another, it's people underplaying Thanksgiving as well as reducing it to surface level that really bugs me.

But either way, I don't really get into Halloween at all, like, ever. So it shouldn't be any surprise to you having read that that while most other people spend their late nights catching midnight releases of Sinister and Paranormal Activity 4, I was up until about 1:30 AM this morning...
...Looking up. Like, really, observing the sky and stars during a meteor shower. This is the first meteor shower I've ever observed at night, and having done so, I never want to miss another one. The beauty of the night sky itself is just breathtaking, and those moments when you see a meteor fly right across the screen of your vision then disappear with only a tail of evidence is...well...the sort of feeling that keeps me strong in my belief in an all-powerful and loving One watching over us.

So, yeah, this is a blog. Don't expect all of my entries to be this charged and serious, but I figured after a night like this, I didn't have a choice but to talk about it.

No one has greater love than this-- that one lays down his life for his friends. ~John 15:14
Old October 21, 2012, 01:55:31 AM

So you're not going to watch any scary movies?
Old October 21, 2012, 12:04:17 PM
Regigigas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRemixStudio View Post
So you're not going to watch any scary movies?
The plan is to avoid scary movies like the plague, so no, I'm not.
Old October 22, 2012, 09:09:32 PM
Regigigas

Default Day 2 (10/22/12)

*sigh* My roommate's in with a girl, and Fantastic Four Silver Surfer's on. The girl asked what was on while not even looking at the screen, which is fine, I guess, but the way she asked it and what was going on is what made me realize something that I don't find attractive in a girl at all:

"Cute" ignorance. Not necessarily when they don't know about something that matters to me, but moreover when a girl is like "Oh, what's thaaaaaat~?" in that manner that basically says "I don't really care about this, I just wanna hear you talk about it lol." I suppose I could bring up some kind of joke about how my standards with girls added to my sociability makes for a very lonely life, and I was starting to wonder if that was exactly the case, but now there's someone. For all intents and purposes, she'll remain unnamed, but she's just the kind of person I was imagining. I think the main thing that really sells it for me is that she's not only a rational, intellectual, and level-headed individual, but she also knows how to feel-- to listen, to understand. I don't want to go off with that cliche that we're like not even on the same level, or something that's the essence of 853qt4t6q35234 different "love" songs I've heard in my life, because I want to believe that we...have something...

Either way, I have a rough draft that was due Wednesday, but I talked to my instructor about it, and requested a bit of a remedial conference with her about the draft. There was a fairly huge issue with where my essay was going, and I get the feeling if this were with any other English class with any other teacher, this would have spelled doom for my grade. Fortunately my instructor understands that a 200 level class that meets twice a week is hard to keep up with. I'm not expecting the most fantastic score for this assignment, but I'm glad that it's at least salvageable.

And that's today. Hang tight for tomorrow.

Righteous Father, even if the world does not know you, I know you, and these men know that you sent me. ~John 17:25

Last edited by SyracuvatTenlii; October 22, 2012 at 09:09:59 PM.
Old October 23, 2012, 09:47:08 PM
Regigigas

Default Day 3 (10/23/12)

My English professor is the sweetest lady in the department, I'm convinced. I was a little concerned about my grade in the class...'causey'knowI'mkindaparanoidlikethat...but she reassured me not only that my grade can stay at A level even if my writing doesn't improve from where its at, she's also convinced that it can and extremely helpful in getting it to a higher level. Already talked about that rough draft, and everything got squared away peachily.

On another note, I discovered something yesterday that saves me $540 on the trip I'm planning in January. That literally cuts the tentative expense in half. To clarify a little, I'm really wanting on going to MAGFest in Jan 2013, but the hotel there charges $120 a NIGHT. That's freaking steep. However, I found out that my Aunt lives a 20 minute drive away and would be very willing to let me stay there for four nights. That makes me very happy and excited that what I'd been really hoping to make happen is much more likely to actually come to fruition.

Meanwhile, CS exam tomorrow. I'm a little worried, to say the least. My brother and I were studying for it together, and he...kinda ragequit on the study session. The whole thing's pretty complicated, so I don't blame him for being frustrated, but now he's in that mood where he feels like he can't even go on with the class, and that sincerely concerns me...

Anyway, that's been today, hang tight for tomorrow.

These signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages.~Mark 16:17
Old October 24, 2012, 10:52:42 PM
Regigigas

No class of any merit or value should have 50+% of its grade dedicated to exams and only have 1 day of review sessions. At the very least, I'd appreciate a couple study guides that at least somewhat simulate what an exam is going to look like. The worst part is my CS professor doesn't believe that any of the review or exam was misleading. He doesn't even realize that he provided no support in getting ready for this idiotic exam. Well, now my grade's probably in harsh condition, and I don't know what I can do about it now that there's another exam coming up in a few weeks, and I don't have any way of knowing if the material I think I'm supposed to be studying is even going to be mentioned, or if it's going to be those details that I missed. The class turns out to be a poorly run class disguised as an innocently fun learning experience.

After that abomination, I didn't even go to my last class. I just went back to my room and I've been here since. That's basically all I could think to write about today, though, not much else to comment.

Go and stand in the temple courts and proclaim to the people all the words of this life. ~Acts 5:20
Old October 25, 2012, 10:44:38 PM
Regigigas

*sigh* I was expecting to get an update on an order I placed on Etsy, but no info. I was also hoping to get a custom shirt I had placed an order on today, but also to no avail, although worse things have happened in my life. The thing I ordered on Etsy, though, is a custom order from this girl PokeKellz, and she makes Pokemon charms with baked clay, so while she said she'd get my custom order finished by Thursday, I probably shouldn't be so expectant, since these sorts of things probably take time. The moment I get that Quilava charm, though, I'm not letting it out of my sight.

I'm pretty much dead serious when I say that once I get this thing that I'll show a picture of as soon as it's made, the next person to wear it around her neck will be the girl I ask to marry me. Yes. It's that important. I don't take material things like this too seriously, but this is one of those things that will be just that significant a part of my life.

Anyway, yeah, I look forward to showing that to you guys. In the meantime, hang tight for tomorrow!

But whoever drinks some of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life. ~John 4:14
Old October 26, 2012, 05:47:13 PM
Regigigas

...*contented sigh*...

All the inhabitants of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he wishes with the army of heaven and with those who inhabit the earth. No on eslaps his hand and say sto him, "What have you done?" ~Daniel 4:35
Old October 28, 2012, 12:52:32 AM
Regigigas

Default Day 7 (10/27/12): PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE POST TIME)

IT IS A LIAR, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

So...I've picked up on League of Legends recently...And just tonight, I realized just how absolutely addicting it is. 1 win, 3 losses, I'm new to this, so not much surprise there, but what worried me is that I went for 30+ minute matches. It's the weekend, so I'm a little less time constrained, but I'm still kinda worried about spending too much time playing on a given night. Ah, well, not much is done by worry, but at least I've found out its addictive properties on an occasion in which the consequences aren't nearly as severe.

Let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, this man stands before you health. ~Acts 4:10
Old October 28, 2012, 11:47:53 AM

I downloaded that game once to try to join the bandwagon, but I uninstalled it a month later, having never played it.