Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > General > Video and Computer Games > Minecraft

Notices

Search this Thread
Old April 2, 2013, 10:12:38 AM
Regigigas

Default Minecraft 2.0

If anyone missed it, this was Mojang's April Fools joke this year: a complete revamp of Minecraft's Survival mechanics to make it very difficult to play, boasting the addition of features to make the game more realistic and difficult. The joke ended up being on us, with three actual versions of the so-called Minecraft 2.0, a random version sent to various well-known Minecraft personalities like Vechs [Blue version only had the item changes, Red had the super hostile mode, and Purple had both]. I've tried out Purple version myself, and like some of the features [like temperature regulation of furnaces with water and steel and flint using no durability when relighting torches], though most features made the game very tough and almost impossible to play.

What does everyone else think about Minecraft 2.0? What features would you like to see implemented into vanilla Minecraft, and what features do you hope never sees the light of day again?
Old April 2, 2013, 12:22:55 PM
Giratina

Keep: Tinted Glass
Get rid of: Overfeeding animals
Old April 2, 2013, 01:58:34 PM
Administrator

Haha, that's a pretty well though-out prank, and certainly something that I'd expect from Mojang.