Victory Road  

Go Back   Victory Road > Information Kiosk > Victory Road Network Support

Notices

Victory Road Network Support Suggestions? Errors? Comments? Questions?

Search this Thread
Old November 20, 2010, 07:48:26 PM
Giratina

Default Theme suggestion

I suggested this to Freeze, and Freeze told me to make a thread about this. So, I will.

My suggestion for a theme would be this:

A custom theme.
Anybody who goes on youtube and uses their channel on a regular basis should know that you can customize your channel with several defaults or your own theme.

That is basically what I'm suggesting. My thoughts were if this were to be used, that you would have to going to your control panel and click on something that would allow you to customize your own theme for your own log-in.

After you make your custom theme, you would have to change it of course, just like one of the other themes on this site. You just go down to the bottom left corner, click the down arrow, and choose something that would say something similar to "Custom".

Like I told Freeze, I highly doubt this will be used, and if it is, almost no one will use it. But, like I also told Freeze, it would be a nice addition to those who would actually use this feature (if used).

Thoughts? Other suggestions? Anything?
Old November 20, 2010, 08:38:21 PM
Volcarona

that actually sounds like it'd be used quite a bit. I know I would use it.
Old November 20, 2010, 08:58:13 PM
Shaymin

I quite like that idea, because the regular theme is too dark. It needs more colour. I'd use it for sure.
Old November 20, 2010, 09:05:40 PM

I would probably use something like this quite frequently. I'm definitely one that can't make up his mind, so I would probably have a new set of colors each week. The tricky part is probably programming it.
Old November 20, 2010, 09:50:07 PM
Regigigas

This sounds like a cool idea. I'd most likely use it.
Old November 21, 2010, 07:13:34 AM
Kyurem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditto616 View Post
The tricky part is probably programming it.
It's actually quite easy; on Bulbagarden, you get CSS customization for your profiles, and I generally know vBulletin CSS anyways.

And I'd probably use it if we didn't have a vBulletin Default skin; there really aren't any other skins that I like.
Old November 21, 2010, 08:14:00 AM
Giratina

Giving members the ability to switch certain colours in the different themes will probably attract a good number of members, so I don't find it such a bad idea after all.

Last edited by Shadow; November 21, 2010 at 08:26:14 AM.
Old November 21, 2010, 10:50:25 AM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
It's actually quite easy; on Bulbagarden, you get CSS customization for your profiles, and I generally know vBulletin CSS anyways. .
In reality, that's just how easy it is. You could alter the site's appearance down to the little icons used to display if there are new posts in a thread or not.

From what I can tell from looking at the source code (with my limited, even non-existent knowledge of what kind of stuff goes on in the site's application code), the images on the site are not CSS based. It looks like every page's HTML would need to be re-written to apply a class to the image spots.

Again, I just know what I can see. There's a lot that happens that I don't see. It could be that the images are CSS based and I just can't see it. I'm not an admin, though, so I don't get to see any of that stuff
Old November 21, 2010, 11:19:44 AM
Administrator

Per-user theme customization seems like a pretty interesting idea, but yeah, like Ditto said, we'd need to program it most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
It's actually quite easy; on Bulbagarden, you get CSS customization for your profiles, and I generally know vBulletin CSS anyways.
No. No. No. Never. Nope. Never gonna enable this. It would just show how many users here have no taste of color and people begging mods and admins to clear profile customizations. I made this decision as soon as I started setting up vBulletin last year, and I am sticking tightly to it.

Last edited by Cat333Pokémon; November 21, 2010 at 11:20:33 AM. Reason: Wrong quotation
Old November 21, 2010, 11:36:40 AM
Kyurem

Well, nice to see enough people like the idea. To give me own stance on the practicality on the idea, it definitely could be done no doubt. Likewise, it could be used with every service: VictoryBattles, VictoryRoad, and so-on.
Old November 21, 2010, 02:01:08 PM
Giratina

Well then, I never expected this many people to agree with my idea.

I'm not really sure if Cat is actually in on this suggestion to be honest. It would be pretty cool to see this in the future.

I am torn between whether or not this will be used or not. It seems Freeze and Jad are in on the idea.
Old November 21, 2010, 02:41:45 PM
Kyurem

I'd be the one to code it most likely anyway, so... I mean, I'm the main one to approve it

(I just wanted the thread so I could see what other ideas there were and who would support it.)
Old November 21, 2010, 07:11:18 PM
Volcarona

Coustomizable theme? Sounds pretty cool. I'd like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeWarp View Post
(I just wanted the thread so I could see what other ideas there were and who would support it.)
Well, on the topic of "other ideas" I've got one. Mabey a theme based off of the "Other Game Series" board? Like, mabey a Sonic one, S.S.B, Mega Man,ect.