Go Back   Victory Road > General > The Media

Notices

Search this Thread
Old February 16, 2012, 05:29:29 PM
Rayquaza

Default Disney's Wreck it Ralph

Summary from Wikipedia
Quote:
Wreck-It Ralph is the 9-foot-tall, 643-pound villain[5] of an arcade video game named Fix-It Felix Jr., in which the game's titular hero fixes buildings that Ralph destroys. Wanting to prove he can be a good guy and not just a villain, Ralph escapes his game through the power cord and lands in Hero's Duty, a first-person shooter where he helps the game's hero, Sergeant Calhoun, battle against "Cy-Bugs", the game's alien invaders. He later enters Sugar Rush, a kart racing game set on tracks made of candies, cookies and other sweets. There, Ralph meets Vanellope von Schweetz, one of that game's characters, who has learned that her game is faced with a dire threat that could affect the entire arcade, and one that Ralph may have inadvertently started

While this may seem like another random Disney film, it's been confirmed that this movie will be to video game what Who Framed Roger Rabbit was to animation. Not only that but based off this picture, they will also being using real video game characters!

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old June 6, 2012, 02:23:24 PM
Rayquaza

Here's the trailer for the movie that came out today.

Last edited by Magmaster12; June 6, 2012 at 02:45:21 PM.
Old June 6, 2012, 03:43:33 PM
Shaymin

What the...? This is one of the most out-of-this-world ideas that I actually think I'll enjoy a lot! It looks awesome graphics-wise, and looks like it'll have a peculiar plot, which I like. I actually laughed at the part when Bowser shot fireballs and the Pac-Man ghost (I think it was Inky?) was startled and become the colour that the ghosts do before they try to flee you. Incorporating the villains from various games series' and a movie about video games in general should prove interesting... I'm going to see it for sure!
Old June 6, 2012, 04:25:26 PM
Shaymin

I'm surprised Disney was able to get permission with Nintendo and Capcom... Well not so much. Still though, this doesn't seem like some of the other stuff that Disney has put out that turned out to be.....eh....
This does seem like it would be entertaining to watch. And hey. It's a theme I can rather enjoy.
I'll see it for sure... Probably not right away but for sure check it out.

Last edited by Fubab_107; June 6, 2012 at 04:25:59 PM.
Old June 6, 2012, 04:31:39 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
I'm surprised Disney was able to get permission with Nintendo and Capcom...
Well Disney and Nintendo HAVE been involved with each other since Nintenda was mainly a hanafuda card company. Way back then, Nintendo sold cards with Disney characters, so now I suppose they're repaying the favour! I still don't know what Disney might have on Capcom though, so it's interesting to finally see a movie with gaming characters we know and love, but it isn't dedicated to only one series...
Old June 6, 2012, 04:42:24 PM
Shaymin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxray13579 View Post
Well Disney and Nintendo HAVE been involved with each other since Nintenda was mainly a hanafuda card company. Way back then, Nintendo sold cards with Disney characters, so now I suppose they're repaying the favour! I still don't know what Disney might have on Capcom though, so it's interesting to finally see a movie with gaming characters we know and love, but it isn't dedicated to only one series...
True, as long as they don't really ruin the characters like giving them really obscure personalities.(Like making Bowser some kind of Elephant being afraid of small things.)

I really hope this does do well so we can break the standard that "Video Game Movies Suck!!11!!!!1!"

Last edited by Fubab_107; June 6, 2012 at 04:42:48 PM.
Old June 6, 2012, 04:45:36 PM
Rayquaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubab_107 View Post
True, as long as they don't really ruin the characters like giving them really obscure personalities.(Like making Bowser some kind of Elephant being afraid of small things.)

I really hope this does do well so we can break the standard that "Video Game Movies Suck!!11!!!!1!"
Well actually, Reggie has admitted in an interview that he's usually really strict about licensing movie video game adaptions so there must be some reason why he let this movie go.
Old June 25, 2012, 11:00:18 AM
Mudkip

This looks promising. That's all I can say.
Old June 25, 2012, 01:40:07 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
I actually laughed at the part when Bowser shot fireballs and the Pac-Man ghost (I think it was Inky?) was startled and become the colour that the ghosts do before they try to flee you.
Pac-Man=Clyde
Mrs.Pac-Man=Sue
Either/Or Idk which...
Old June 27, 2012, 09:50:55 AM
Keldeo

Yea I want to see with with a couple friends and I know we probably will see it a couPle of times since the first time I think we will just be looking at the characters and not paying attention to the movie itself.
Old July 9, 2012, 09:16:33 AM
Giratina

When I first heard of this movie, I thought "There's no way this is going to be good. It's completely silly." But then after I saw the trailer, I started to change my mind a bit. Now that I see clearly, it's Disney, it's PIXAR, and it's going to be a nice, funny, lovely masterpiece. I can't wait.
Old July 9, 2012, 10:34:56 AM
Volcarona

The trailer actually looked decent. It seems like it'll actually be a memorable and exciting cinematic piece. The sheer fact that this takes place at the Arcade already makes this movie unique to me (especially considering that I'm an Arcade fan, top it off with all those crossover cameos and you got quite the mind-blower). You know what? I think I'll see it. I could talk about a possible movie video game tie-in, but that's for another day, and perhaps another thread.
Old July 9, 2012, 11:14:58 AM
Volcarona

Ahh yes I saw the trailer for this last month I think? I was shocked to see Disney/Pixar making a video game movie... and even more shocked to see Bowser in it too! They got permission from Nintendo, Capcom and who knows who all else to include several video game icons in a movie, they've got quite the cash cow growing here since there are a LOT of nerds like myself who will want to see this on opening night or as soon as possible! It would appear as big name companies are finally starting to look at their fans and try to become either more interactive with them or do something surprising, sure it's to bring in money too but just wow! They realize just how large and immense the video game fanbase is and that's enough to make me smile. I already have high expectations for this movie as it's from Disney, I cannot wait to see what it truly has to offer when it comes out.
Old July 28, 2012, 04:04:25 PM
Cyndaquil

First saw the trailer for it during The Amazing Spider Man. It looked good, and had a lot of 90's references that I thought were awesome.
Old September 12, 2012, 07:12:11 PM
Administrator

A second trailer was released today.

We can see little more into the story, along with some more video game characters that appear.

Also FUNKY TOWN!
Old September 13, 2012, 09:23:41 AM
Charizard

A lot of people seem to be calling this the "Toy Story" of Video Games. I honestly beg to differ, I've been thinking of it as the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" of Video Games.

But to each their own, I suppose, I still can't wait to see this come November.
Old September 13, 2012, 10:06:07 AM
Keldeo

I don't know if you could quite draw a parrell as Who Frame Roger Rabbit you had the toons existing within the human world and existing in it so its really not the same as Wreck it Ralph, if anything I'd draw parrelles to moves where the main character is looking for the place he fits in the world as where he is he doesn't quite feel is fair, sorry I can't think of any off hand at the moment.
Old September 13, 2012, 01:06:10 PM
Volcarona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
A second trailer was released today.

We can see little more into the story, along with some more video game characters that appear.

Also FUNKY TOWN!
That blond hair girl reminds me of Anya from Gears of War for some reason... which is pretty awesome. This second trailer is pretty nice as it does show more information on the story line, which is appreciated so that we can get a better idea to decide if we want to see it. It's without a doubt that I will go see it in the theaters because something like this is too good to pass up!
Old September 14, 2012, 12:01:37 AM
Keldeo

Seems there is anouthe trailer out for it and here is a link to it, kinda funny haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQZAovXT6k
Old September 14, 2012, 05:40:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
Seems there is anouthe trailer out for it and here is a link to it, kinda funny haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQZAovXT6k
That's the exact one I posted on the last page man, get with the times
Old September 15, 2012, 06:14:50 PM
Haxorus

I first saw this as a trailer, and five seconds in I was determined to see it. While there is always a good chance they could screw things up with how high the stakes are, I believe we're in safe hands if Nintendo, SEGA, Namco, etc. trust them enough to put their characters in the movie.

Last edited by Eagles; September 15, 2012 at 06:14:59 PM.
Old October 4, 2012, 07:30:51 PM
Administrator

The international version of the trailer was released today, which has some new clips in it.

On another note, I hope this movie makes younger children more appreciative for classic games that aren't all just Generic FPS 9841321.

Last edited by Yoshi648; October 4, 2012 at 07:32:30 PM.
Old October 5, 2012, 03:07:09 PM
Keldeo

Yeah I have to agree and wonder what sort of appreciation people would have if they saw and played the older games and not like you said Modernwarfare, shot the zombie type games. Along with opening them to the idea of variety
Old October 5, 2012, 06:27:32 PM
Landorus

By the way, as an Avid Street Fighter Fan, I can't let this slip by:

Zangief is not a bad guy. He is the RED CYCLONE, AND HERO TO CHILDREN EVERYWHERE!
Old October 9, 2012, 05:59:30 PM
Administrator

Bumping again, this is REALLY awesome.

They made a "commercial" of the game itself, and even made it so it looks like it was ripped off a recorded 80s VHS tape (complete with distorted picture and mono sound).

In addition, they also made a flyer for the game
Is in here    

Again, I love the details they made (discolored paper, fold line running across) so it really does look like it came from the 80s. Also worth noting, the machine design was completely based off the one used for Donkey Kong.
Old October 10, 2012, 12:54:50 PM
Giratina

From the looks of things the writers and producers know a fair bit about what they're making. Unlike SOME films...

I'm excited for this, it looks really cool so far!
Old October 23, 2012, 09:20:16 AM
Rayquaza

They created a bunch of retro trailers for the games featured in the movie.

Old October 23, 2012, 12:21:00 PM
Giratina

Quote:
I still don't know what Disney might have on Capcom though, so it's interesting to finally see a movie with gaming characters we know and love, but it isn't dedicated to only one series...
Bit late to respond, but:
I do know that Capcom has made a few games back in the NES and SNES era with Disney characters in them, such as Duck Tales and Adventures in Magic Kingdom. This could be Disney's way of thanking Capcom for making games with Disney characters, although it's been awhile since then.
Old November 1, 2012, 08:13:45 PM
Keldeo

THE BEST VIDEO GAME MOVIE EVER MADE. (according to the people at IGN, but we will see :O)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...9jbOc.facebook

The short and the long of the article is that the movie will appeal to both gamers and none gamers alike and is considered to be one of the best animated movies of this year and best video game movie ever. Looking at the promotional stuff I'd have to agree and I'm glad I'm gonna see it tommorrow come hell or high waters, though on my own it will be great.

Last edited by GreenMan; November 1, 2012 at 08:15:11 PM.
Old November 2, 2012, 11:49:28 AM
Giratina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMan View Post
THE BEST VIDEO GAME MOVIE EVER MADE. (according to the people at IGN, but we will see :O)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...9jbOc.facebook

The short and the long of the article is that the movie will appeal to both gamers and none gamers alike and is considered to be one of the best animated movies of this year and best video game movie ever. Looking at the promotional stuff I'd have to agree and I'm glad I'm gonna see it tommorrow come hell or high waters, though on my own it will be great.
You should know better than to trust IGN. These are the same people who gave MW3 a 9 for nice visuals and "addictive multiplayer."

But regardless, Wreck-It Ralph does seem like it will be a pretty good movie. Too bad I won't have the ability to see it any time soon.

Last edited by Quadcentruo; November 2, 2012 at 12:11:21 PM.
Old November 2, 2012, 12:44:06 PM
Haxorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi648 View Post
On another note, I hope this movie makes younger children more appreciative for classic games that aren't all just Generic FPS 9841321.
Nah.

I do wanna watch this movie though, my nephew would enjoy it and so will I.

Last edited by Soulradio; November 2, 2012 at 12:44:36 PM.
Old November 2, 2012, 10:01:25 PM
Keldeo

Holly **** it was a great movie that story was good and seeing the characters exist within one world was awesome the reveiw I posted I agree with, I will be watching it again that's for sure.
Old November 4, 2012, 01:52:03 PM
Keldeo

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/..._medium=social

Making almost 50 million dollars, or least that's what thought, looking at the list of other moives it would seem that it has made more money then the remaining top movies on the list, that is crazy.